It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pilot who spotted mile wide UFOs goes on TV

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Thanks for posting OP, I never made a thread about it but I did mention this as one of my favorite case a couple months back:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

IMO this is an infallible case. I skimmed most of the replies but I didn't see whether or not anyone posted the History channel(UFO hunters) presentation of this case. All of the passengers witnessed the objects as well and two of them actually come forward.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by anyone

As for this case... too many unrelated witnesses to be bunk. Very believable case, but alas, no actual footage.

Yes, it's such a shame that some people couldn't just use their intuition on cases like this? Upon a very surface examination of the passenger witnesses on the History chanel vid and the actual Pilot on the multiple youtubes it is painfully obvious these people are sincere as they come.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
You know what I do not understand about ATS?

Maybe it's my structure, or maybe it's a popularity contest...

But, this topic has been posted before...including one topic made by me...

The same topic, with the same info some how gets flagged and starred repeatedly, but topics dated before this, dealing with the same matter, get buried deep into a virtual hole of fodder.

Can anyone explain to me how this works?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Conscience
I think it is sheer arrogance when we assume our mental capacity is advanced enough to compare it as universal in nature. In reality, we could even be at the level of tadpoles in the rankings of intelligence in the universe.

You know you are not far from the truth here.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Excellent post! Never heard of this one up until now.I find it very strange how this pilot has been allowed to come out publicly with this,could this be a sign of things to come?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
The only problem I have with this (well, not the only problem, common sense, reason and logic dictate about 10 things off hand that need to be considered) if why on earth would you need a mile wide UFO in atmosphere?

Look at it this way, we have crappy optics that can read the license plate or see the pattern on a golf ball from orbit. You would figure that any advanced race (and yes, they would have to be very advanced to keep a mile wide UFO aloft in our atmosphere) would be able to make much better observations from orbit (or even from farther distances within our solar system) without the need to have the risk of atmospheric flight. Even if they need to collect physical samples, why risk the mothership? Surley they are advanced enough to send out smaller drones or piloted "away teams" that can handle the scientific observations and collections at a substantially reduced risk.

There are many, many other reasons why I think anything related to a "mile wide ufo" is complete poppycock. Sure, some will come back telling me that how can I possibly assume the motivations and thought processes of an alien race, bla, bla. But I choose to believe that logic, reason and common sense are universal in nature, and a biological imperative to advance to the level of an intergalactic spare faring species.

I seriously doubt that the risks of atmospheric flight which apply to our technological level apply to these UFOs. Almost nothing is known about how these craft are entering our solar system, be it by some kind of warp drive or trans-dimensional transport, we don´t know. For all we know, these visitors mearly opened up some kind of space-time rift which they are capable of doing and just popped right into our atmosphere and started checking out the area. Why a mile wide UFO must be a mothership can only have it´s roots in video games and sci-fi programs.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by fockewulf190]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

I just looked at your thread and yes it is the same info its a good thread i mised it too with all the threads poping up you tend to get pushed out of site i had a thread disapear with no coments just doin't let it get to you it is a very good story i hope we here more from some more pilot's.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

this guy has had 20 years of flight experience. I'm pretty sure he's seen his fair share of clouds.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This is about 3 years old! maybe even older. Nothing ever came of it. It was interesting at the time though.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
It's strange how a thread can gain such momentum. The video's been posted within threads at least a dozen times since last year and failed to catch the attention. Something sociological at work here? Who knows?

A better interview with Bowyer was conducted within days of the encounter by the local TV station....

This incident remains interesting and highlights the unusual nature of UFOs. Bowyer and cabin crew saw something...something huge. Nobody on the ground sees anything. This is a frequent feature of UFO sightings...they can appear to exist and be seen from one perspective and not exist from another.

I'm reminded of looking at a piece of paper. From the front and back...it's clearly a solid object. From the side..it all but vanishes.

I've posted this paper on a Jkrog thread recently because it's worth reading...56 Aircraft Pilot Sightings and the EM Effects on Aircraft. It's written by Dr. Richard F. Haines, a man that exemplifies a genuine skeptic. He's spent decades recording encounters of aircrew with UFO/UAPs. If Haines or colleagues at NARCAP call something 'unidentified'....it's unidentified!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Why is it that people such as yourself seem to think you can know their intentions?

It is really presumptuous for anybody to claim "if they were that advanced they shouldn't be doing this, and that".

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

So, to raise these sightings above others tells me that you don't understand much about the human mind, and don't know very many pilots, police or astronauts personally enough to even make such an ignorant statement.

And to claim that professionals who have more knowledge and experience than the "average" joe is simply stupidity at it's worse, and it is not based on any reason or common sense.

To claim that the reports by astronauts, military personnel, and even commercial, or even military pilots are the same as reports by people with no experience whatsoever in what they could see in the skies, or in outer space is not only stupidity at it's worse but it is downright laughable.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
[edit on 24-7-2009 by Krypto69]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Are you saying the pilot didn't see the object? or that the object wasn't there?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

crackpots are not allowed to fly passenger aircraft.

How many pilots do you know? I know many, and yes, some I wouldn't trust feeding my fish but I would trust flying me to Europe. The point is, that pilots, police, space dudes....etc, all are nothing more than human, not super human, they don't have superhuman powers of observation, and they are subject to the very same things that most UFO witnesses are. So, to raise these sightings above others tells me that you don't understand much about the human mind, and don't know very many pilots, police or astronauts personally enough to even make such an ignorant statement.

These witness don't wear capes and fight crimes, they are just plain old people like you and me.

So What insight to the human mind do you have that the rest of us mortals do not?

And what credentials do you have that you suggest you are the only person to know any pilots, police or astronaut or space dudes as you call them lol...

Also you are wrong they are trained professionals they are trained to pay attention to detail, wether or not they are fit enought to feed your fish then i guess you know some real fail people which isnt suprising.

But of course 2 pilots and radar and passengers are all wrong but you who didnt even see it know better?

So you vague generalized run on paragraph is laughable.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

i can kind of see where your coming from, but how do we know that this is the mother ship? It may well be a drone ship. It's said that they enter our atmosphere for scientific studies of chemicals in our atmosphere etc.

I have no doubt in my mind that our amosphere is full of these craft. It's only a matter of time until the truth comes out and finally we can realise that the corrupt governments are feeding us nothing but lies.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

To be honest i don't think it is much to worry about really.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

The approach you have is fine exept that if their purpose is not what you have mentined like PERHAPS THEY ARE GATHERING FOR 2012 AS YOU see in the last two years the numbers appear to be increasing /have you seen the Mexico city sightings where hunreds were seen very high up some twitt? said they were baloons. I dont know of course but have an incling that a kind of judgement day might happen and for that they will need thousands of ships.
I dont belive they are here to just check on us as they need only less than 6 ships to do the job.
So the great number of ufos is the problem why do they need so many ships?????

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

i think it has alot to do with the title you use.if you make it sound extraordinary more peolpe will at least check it out and since there there they might as well reply.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by vietifulJoe
How come noone suggested that ship might have earth origin. (something like ships in SG-1
)

Also, if aliens are driven by common sense, it is logical to assume that after they checked us (maybe even internet and ATS, visually, TV, radio, satelites,...) that they run in other side of galaxy, far away from us. (and place big red 'no-fly' zone over earth)

[edit on 7/23/09 by vietifulJoe]

Maybe, the effects of which we create, especially with nuclear radiation and/or explosions effects beings across the universe and or in different dimensions.

If anyone has looked into the first to tenth dimension and the string theory it would be quite plausible to understand that what we do in our reallity affects the aspects of another existent beings reallity.

What if humans barely understand 1% of the reasoning behind physical existence would it not be 'logical' to think we have no idea for an extraterrestrials motives.

As for the story it's evident that there is truth in this.

Maybe it was a mile wide ice crystal.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Psychonaughty]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join