It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pilot who spotted mile wide UFOs goes on TV

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I watched this when it was aired on Richard&judy btw Richard is a 100% ufo believer,any other person would have probably ridiculed this pilot in subtle ways.I completely believe the pilots story and it goes down with many others as truly *unexplained* phenomena.Saying it was out of this world i don't agree with as its impossible to say.And to add,ignorethefacts made an absolute arse out of himself,the replies to his *logical* and *rational* reply were an absolute joy to read!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aaa2500

round is not a stealthy shape if you look at all the stealth aircraft you will notice that they have sharp corners and flat surfaces to bounce the radar signals in different directions.that is how they reduce there radar signiture with the help of radar absorbing coating.but the coating is just a small part of it.so you see its not so cut and dry,NOTSOOBVIOUS!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoobvious
reply to post by aaa2500

round is not a stealthy shape if you look at all the stealth aircraft you will notice that they have sharp corners and flat surfaces to bounce the radar signals in different directions.that is how they reduce there radar signiture with the help of radar absorbing coating.but the coating is just a small part of it.so you see its not so cut and dry,NOTSOOBVIOUS!

Round is a shape, not a material or a structure. Radar reflects off of some materials and goes through others. The new stealth aircraft use subsurface stealth where you have triangles scattering radar (usually reflecting up or down), but the surface allows radar to pass through into the subsurface structures. This means that the subsurface structure will scatter radar, but the surface can be aerodynamic.

The envelope of a semi rigid airship can be made so that radar passes through, and the subsurface structure can be made to scatter radar, while the surface of that structure can be any shape, even round. They could even be rigid airships, but would most likely be able to carry less cargo.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I dont think if a saucer shaped craft could travel at the speeds of some reported ufo's on radar ie 20,000mph+...they wouldn't be too bothered about being *stealth*

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

Originally posted by Crying-Lightning

Why would it take years for them to figure out what kind of lifeforms are on the planet? If they've spent years just hovering above the planet, then they surely must've learned enough from their spaceship technology if they never actually land?

Paradoxically, you have to stop thinking like a Human Being.

Their idea of lifeforms may not include the creatures We consider lifeforms.

They may be the size of mountains and be wondering why our mountains seem to be mute (if in fact they are!).

They may be silicon, or copper, or hydrogen-based beings, who don't even recognize anything with blood as alive.

Sometimes, what you think you know can keep you ignorant of what you don't know.

Copper, silicon or hydogen-based beings.. WE are hyrdrogen-based beings, but we don't call ourselves aliens. And if these aliens were based on copper or silicon, I don't really think that their intelligence or ways of thinking could be that different to ours, as silicon and copper are also elements found on Earth- so maybe there is something "earthy" to them that we could understand about them that they could understand about us, as "living beings."

And.. since when did I actually say, or act, like I know? Just about every idea I've put into this thread, I've ended with a QUESTION MARK- You know, that's how you end a sentence you're not completely confirmed about or are allowing other peoples views to be heared.. The whole point in these threads is to give your views and opinions- weather or not you have the answers to something, the point is to DISCUSS. I may have some strong ideas, but none of which I've given without thougthtful reason and logic. And, "stop thinking like a human"?? Well, I AM A HUMAN, so I don't really what else you expect me to think like.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaa2500
Reading this thread, it has somehow wandered into 'Alien' territory. I would like to get it back to real, physical newtonian territory.

1) a very large cigar shaped object
2) it did not appear to move.
3) it only showed as 'traces' on 2 commercial radarsystems
4) it was bright yellow

So it looks like an oversized airship, it acts like an airship(lighter than air), it's painted in bright yellow emergency colours and it doesn't show up on radar, just like some other airships.

Why exactly are we debating what this is?

The US and USSR were researching and even prototyping subscale Giant airships in the 70's and 80's. If you create the envelope from a non radarreflecting material and the structure from dielectric composites shaped to be stealthy, you could make very large stealth airships. This is propably a US black project with UK participation for military purposes.

This would seem to be a straight-forward and logical explanation, so why are people talking about UFO's and ET's?

[edit on 26-7-2009 by aaa2500]

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT WAS.. That's why it's called a UFO- Becasue it was an UNIDENTIFIED flying object. And what we know from "real, physical newtonian territory" is that we don't know what's far out beyond the solar system, x-number of lightyears away.. I mean, that is why we're "debating"- because none of us have proof for what it really is.. All we're doing is discussing which idea makes most SENSE- but none of our minds are wide enough to fit the knowledge of the universe. But really, the aim is to explore beyond "real, physical newtonian territory" isn't it? Becasue what else would we really learn if we didn't think outside the box?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Crying-Lightning

Humans, as well as all other Earth-born life-forms are Carbon-based, not Hydrogen.

In fact, we, currently, do not recognize anything that isn't carbon-based as a life-form: computers would be deemed silicon-based beings for example, at least in their present itieration on Earth.

A hydrogen-based lifeform might appear to us a nothing more than a Sun-sized ball of gas.

You can see the possible difficulty in recognizing such a being as a fellow intelligence, right?

Undestand that my admoninition was meant to help ALL of us avoid the pitfall of assuming that an alien life-form would be bound by human motivations and/or methods.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

And what we know from "real, physical newtonian territory" is that we don't know what's far out beyond the solar system, x-number of lightyears away.. I mean, that is why we're "debating"- because none of us have proof for what it really is.. All we're doing is discussing which idea makes most SENSE- but none of our minds are wide enough to fit the knowledge of the universe. But really, the aim is to explore beyond "real, physical newtonian territory" isn't it? Becasue what else would we really learn if we didn't think outside the box?

But why start out by saying it's extraterrestrial, when the more logical and more plausible explanation is that it is man made.

Besides, always claiming that unexplained = E.T. is not thinking outside the box, it is infact just thinking inside a different but more irrational box.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by aaa2500

neversaid round wasnt a shape

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaa2500

And what we know from "real, physical newtonian territory" is that we don't know what's far out beyond the solar system, x-number of lightyears away.. I mean, that is why we're "debating"- because none of us have proof for what it really is.. All we're doing is discussing which idea makes most SENSE- but none of our minds are wide enough to fit the knowledge of the universe. But really, the aim is to explore beyond "real, physical newtonian territory" isn't it? Becasue what else would we really learn if we didn't think outside the box?

But why start out by saying it's extraterrestrial, when the more logical and more plausible explanation is that it is man made.

Besides, always claiming that unexplained = E.T. is not thinking outside the box, it is infact just thinking inside a different but more irrational box.

Look, it doesn't really matter what people start out saying, does it? As long as everyone gets their say, it doesn't matter if it's the first or last thing considered. "Outside the box" is just a figure of speach I just used to draw attention to the fact that just because something seams rational and simple, it doesn't mean that's all there is to it, we may not understand something, but that doesn't make it impossible or untrue.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

above is quoted from aaa2500

you came to that conclusion.the thread clearly states that this is about a U.F.O. you know what that stands for right?plus we are discussing a few different scenerios not jut E.T.and its not thinking inside or outside a box its called having an open mind to things that are beyond our understanding.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by notsoobvious]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Crying-Lightning

Humans, as well as all other Earth-born life-forms are Carbon-based, not Hydrogen.

In fact, we, currently, do not recognize anything that isn't carbon-based as a life-form: computers would be deemed silicon-based beings for example, at least in their present itieration on Earth.

A hydrogen-based lifeform might appear to us a nothing more than a Sun-sized ball of gas.

You can see the possible difficulty in recognizing such a being as a fellow intelligence, right?

Undestand that my admoninition was meant to help ALL of us avoid the pitfall of assuming that an alien life-form would be bound by human motivations and/or methods.

Weather or not humans or all living creatures on Earth are hydrogen-based, hydrogen is still undeniably an extremely relevant thing for our survival and greatly makes up what we physically are (2 thirds water??). The point I was trying to make is that although aliens would not fully recognise us, there would obviously be something we share with them, have in common, if they are based on elements found here on Earth- possibly found even in us, such as certain minerals. Weather or not aliens recognise us "lifeforms" don't you think they must still recognise us as SOMETHING, and understand SOMETHING ABOUT US if they are choosing not to land and make their true existence clear?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What it comes down to is, BELIEF. It is whether or not you choose to believe something or reject it. And that is the choice for all of us. Same with the religions we choose...by the time you are an adult..you have chosen what you want to BELIEVE. And there are many different beliefs on that subject.
Some here believe the pilot and some don't. Everyone has their own solution as to what it was. If you don't believe there are Aliens flying around in our Solar System, then your justification is there is always a scientific answer somewhere. And if you do believe Aliens are here.. You too, use scientific research to aid you in your endeavor. You are steadfast in your belief and no amount of debunking will turn you away!!
The Believers and the Disbelievers...that's here on ATS and it looks like a tie to me!!!!!
I'm really glad ATS is here..or we would not be having this discussion at all.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Why would it take years for them to figure out what kind of lifeforms are on the planet? If they've spent years just hovering above the planet, then they surely must've learned enough from their spaceship technology if they never actually land?

Paradoxically, you have to stop thinking like a Human Being.

Their idea of lifeforms may not include the creatures We consider lifeforms.

They may be the size of mountains and be wondering why our mountains seem to be mute (if in fact they are!).

They may be silicon, or copper, or hydrogen-based beings, who don't even recognize anything with blood as alive.

Sometimes, what you think you know can keep you ignorant of what you don't know.

Copper, silicon or hydogen-based beings.. WE are hyrdrogen-based beings, but we don't call ourselves aliens. And if these aliens were based on copper or silicon, I don't really think that their intelligence or ways of thinking could be that different to ours, as silicon and copper are also elements found on Earth- so maybe there is something "earthy" to them that we could understand about them that they could understand about us, as "living beings."

And.. since when did I actually say, or act, like I know? Just about every idea I've put into this thread, I've ended with a QUESTION MARK- You know, that's how you end a sentence you're not completely confirmed about or are allowing other peoples views to be heared.. The whole point in these threads is to give your views and opinions- weather or not you have the answers to something, the point is to DISCUSS. I may have some strong ideas, but none of which I've given without thougthtful reason and logic. And, "stop thinking like a human"?? Well, I AM A HUMAN, so I don't really what else you expect me to think like.

We're carbon based. Don't get me wrong...hydrogen is in there, but ultimately, we are carbon based.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lister87
Lenticular Clouds for the win.

Look at this image of one (external source):

2.bp.blogspot.com...

Now imagine that, further in the distance of the sky, at various lighting conditions, even when the sky is getting darker/night time.

I think these clouds will explain quite a few 'UFO' sightings.

Sure...whatever helps you sleep at night.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Alright, cool. Another sighting.

How about we get some solid evidence/confirmations now?

Well GorehoundLarry, we're just all waiting for you to begin the search for that solid evidence and the confirmation thereof. We're following you! You're the one in charge here.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

neversaid round wasnt a shape

No, but you implied that only a certain shape could be stealthy.

Look, it doesn't really matter what people start out saying, does it? As long as everyone gets their say, it doesn't matter if it's the first or last thing considered. "Outside the box" is just a figure of speach I just used to draw attention to the fact that just because something seams rational and simple, it doesn't mean that's all there is to it, we may not understand something, but that doesn't make it impossible or untrue.

No, but that is true of any assertion. If we don't set our standards at some level, we also have to discuss the sky being made from velvet with precious stones glued onto it.

you came to that conclusion.the thread clearly states that this is about a U.F.O. you know what that stands for right?plus we are discussing a few different scenerios not jut E.T.and its not thinking inside or outside a box its called having an open mind to things that are beyond our understanding.

An open mind is great, just as long as we don't let our brain fall out.

Some here believe the pilot and some don't. Everyone has their own solution as to what it was. If you don't believe there are Aliens flying around in our Solar System, then your justification is there is always a scientific answer somewhere.

I do believe that the pilot saw what he described.

I don't know if there are aliens flying about, but in this particular case, I find it silly to speculate in that direction, when it being manmade is certainly technically possible, and even likely.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Mmm, intriguing. Yet another sighting witnessed by many and on ground radar also.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing

Originally posted by SaraThustra
I just don't get why anyone cares about UFOs? If they exist OK - If they don't OK. I couldn't care less myself, it doesn't add anything to my bank account or increase my standard of living.

Have you considered that among the benefits of disclosure would include access to free energy technologies? This means - zero power bills, zero fuel costs, zero $$$ for logistics and transportation - transforms the very foundation of the global economy paradigm - opens up opportunity for the oppressed third world nations. This technology has been kept secret since the days of Tesla, and the Roswell crash in 1947. We could all have been living like kings for 60+ years if it weren't for its continued suppression!

In short, you would be infinitely richer and your standard of living would be as grand as you wish it to be, no longer predetermined by your status in society via the global elite. This is why, they can and will not allow disclosure to occur. They want you to focus on your paycheck and be a slave to money. Money imprisons us all. Money is debt. We can potentially have a world with a completely different way of looking at things. That.. is why you should care about UFOs.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by RiotComing]

Well there you go - That was a well thought out answer, and the answer to bringing about full disclosure.

If all of the people who get excited by the concept of UFOs spent a fraction of the time exposing and developing known alternative energy concepts, such as the water engine, the UFO stuff would not need to be suppressed.

That is your path to full disclosure.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
He works for a tour company, and charter's planes for people, thats your first hint at what this all about. There was several other people on the plane that day, two of them later said it was a cloud, the other ones wouldn't even respond, the two that sided with the pilot and his story was given a gift and a complimentary trip. This is bogus and been proven to be nothing more than a sad attempt at gaining buisness, which I give them 1 star for their attempt. Whatever you need to do to get buisness right?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join