It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get paid $300 for Permanent Sterilization

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think that if someone wants to sacrifice something so amazing like their ability to have children for $300, then they are the kind of person who doesn't deserve children. It's not compulsory, it's their decision, and that's that. I have no problem with it. I would imagine that the majority of the children borne to parents who use drugs are "accidents" and are not cared for adequately, or maybe even not wanted at all. This way, the person gets $300, and creating a life that is ruined from birth, is avoided.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegear
Great idea, similar to the one that a rich guy was paying people with low IQs to have it done.

I am all for it. but then I am also for doing a free needle exchange but lace the needle with a posion and let the problem solve itself(kidding (kinda))

Wow. Your compassion is ....uh....not so much.
(I'm trying to avoid being sarcastic and you guys are making it sooo hard.)

I wonder if there is a gene for bigotry and intolerance. Maybe we can start weeding THOSE out of the gene pool.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Just had another thought - in the article the person interviewed said they had little or no concern what happens to the money after it's handed over - it's pretty much there's to do with as they will...

Now I don't know how much a street gun goes for in Tennessee but I'm gonna guess $300 could get you a viable firearm and some ammo - so give a druggie one hit and he can get stoned just for one day... Give a druggie the means to obtain a limitless supply of money and that same druggie could start towards his small drugs and crime empire.

It's inspirational really - It must be that American way we hear so much about.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Yeah, hard to argue with the goodwill toward drug addicts and alcoholics. $300 to permanently sterilize men or women. Only women are opting in though. What was is 1% of dudes falling for it? Why should they even bother to think about it? They are not the ones whose lives are permanently altered by procreation, unless they are the unlucky few who can be proven to be the fathers and forced to recompense for their actions.

NO! This is a concerted effort to marginalize under priviledged, poor, government subsidized helplessness. Make it permanent and pay the fools to "volunteer". Tell them any sob story that works and let future generations be filled with only the rich, elite, blue-bloods while the rest of us scum-of-the-earth n'ere do wells beg for a chance to "earn" $300 to end our despicableness.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think it's important to understand, that a large majority of these patients are probably heroin addicted hookers. They really don't have the ability to say no to this offer. The drug has a strong grip on their logic... They don't need sterilization, they need to get off the drugs. They should be paying them to go to counseling, or rehab... Let them choose.

I think this is sick, and inhuman to treat people like this. They might be drug addicts, but they are still human beings
. and of no lesser importance than you or me. They are sick... and need our compassion.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
I think it's important to understand, that a large majority of these patients are probably heroin addicted hookers. They really don't have the ability to say no to this offer. The drug has a strong grip on their logic... They don't need sterilization, they need to get off the drugs. They should be paying them to go to counseling, or rehab... Let them choose.

I think this is sick, and inhuman to treat people like this. They might be drug addicts, but they are still human beings
. and of no lesser importance than you or me. They are sick... and need our compassion.

Thanks Slice. I appreciate your comment. Though it may be idealistic, it's my view as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Pigpen WTH are you doing on a forum with all this talking ^&%$ about compasion and kindness. Get of the damn forums and go volunteer or shut up about how horrible everyone else is.

You are CHOOSING to let people DIE by not getting up and going to help. You are a murderer for wasting your time here discussing this by your own standards.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

First of all, no problem KSpigen. Happy to take your side

I could certainly understand how you might think our perspective is a tad unrealistic.... I on the other hand, have faith in the truth. (begin flame)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Pigpen WTH are you doing on a forum with all this talking ^&%$ about compasion and kindness. Get of the damn forums and go volunteer or shut up about how horrible everyone else is.

You are CHOOSING to let people DIE by not getting up and going to help. You are a murderer for wasting your time here discussing this by your own standards.

Geez Wert.

How do you know what I do with my life? Seems to me like you're rushing to judgement of a person you don't really know anything about.

You probably don't have any idea that I volunteer every day to work with addicts.

I never said anyone else is terrible. I think maybe you are making things up to feel better about yourself.

I don't think there is any reason to be mean about it. Did your mother ever teach you that it was rude to tell someone to shut up?

It's ok though. I know you're probably just hurting inside and need a hug.
Smooches Wert.

A wise man once said, "Everyone is doing what they think is right, what they love.

Maybe its these rose colored glasses im wearing? Everything just seems so perfect in its apparent disorder. What a wonderfull world so filled and shaped by our love. "

Edit to add meaningful quote.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Once those who have made mistakes and distoryed their own lives have been learned from how much longer should they limp on in uselessness. Once the lesson is learned the trash can be cleaned up. You might think its horrible and inhumane to allow people to finish their lives themselves instead of rampaging in a drug high damaging people around them.

You might believe in some sort of magial afterlife.. but i dont. Im ready to blow out the candle on those who would distroy that which i love. Im ready to let them die the best way possible.

There are people you CANT help. Only if i had the powers of super man could i force the minds of the ignorant to change. Pin them down and shove information down their throats.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Your argument is a valid one, Wet, not that you need me to affirm that for you.

I agree that we cannot help everyone. I would go a little further. When it comes to addiction, I don't have the power to really help ANYONE. That has to come from within themselves.

Regardless of how much it hurts, or how much I might love someone, if they want to die, they should be allowed to die.

I don't think the afterlife is really the topic of discussion. Although some find comfort in the idea, the reality is that we have right NOW. If we screw up enough times, then yes, I suppose we may become as you said, useless. I'm assuming that is in the context of society, not that it needs any clarification.

You've heard the story about the boy and the starfish, I'm sure. An overly simplistic, idealist rosy type of story. We might be able to help SOMEone.

I'm just really reluctant to try and be the person who decides when another person has become useless.

I appreciate you making me look at things though.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Eugenics in disguise.

I'm disgusted at the prospect that anyone would support a program like this.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I may be giving you guys the rope to hang me with, ... but I'm actually for this program, I checked out the website, and it seems as though they might be doing some good. If someone is drug addicted with 6 kids, unable to care for them, and unable to be responsible enough to stop having them , whats wrong with it ?? Perhaps they want to, but simply dont have the means to sterilize themselves. .... I would compare this to taking the keys away from a drunk driver. They arent being forced to do this, people get sterilized every day for some of the same reasons. Would you rather they keep getting abortions ?? In the end its their choice, for their reasons, whatever they may be.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Star and flag Op. I think this is a great idea for people like me, and others I know who don't want anymore children or don't want children at all. And all we have to do is claim we're drug addicts or alcoholics, how easy is that.

To have the government pay for the medical as well as pay me 300 bucks to keep people like me from having anymore children, would make most ATS Christians very happy.

Bring on the free spay...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Volantary, I suppose, but people who are desparate will do anything for money. Paying these people just keeps their hands clean. Im suprised so little men have gone for it, I wouldve thought they would be the first in line. What is this world coming to?? Sigh.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewlip

As aperson born from that type of parent, I give you a star. You hit the nail on the head!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Oh well CRAP, i got myself fixed a long time ago...

Think they'd pay me retroactively?

Course.. I'm neither a druggie nor an alcoholic....

Shoot. Guess that's another bit of cash I'll be out of

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Sounds a lot like what we do to animals if you ask me.
What' next? The children of alcoholics, addicts etc desexed at birth as they have high stats of becoming undesirables themselves?
Oh but then, of course they only mean the best and would never take it this far...Not.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

Originally posted by thegear
Great idea, similar to the one that a rich guy was paying people with low IQs to have it done.

I am all for it. but then I am also for doing a free needle exchange but lace the needle with a posion and let the problem solve itself(kidding (kinda))

Wow. Your compassion is ....uh....not so much.
(I'm trying to avoid being sarcastic and you guys are making it sooo hard.)

I wonder if there is a gene for bigotry and intolerance. Maybe we can start weeding THOSE out of the gene pool.

Compassion... I have it for people that are trying to do the right thing and failing. Not so much for others.. Think about how much tax dollars go to waste paying for those people. (granted the gov dont spend tax dollars right anyway)

If somebody wants to get it done FREELY why bitch. You let people kill themselves with smokes and drink and dont say a word.

Bailout money should be used for this and then TBTP would not have to invent the swine flu to kill us all.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thegear

I don't disagree with you entirely Gear.

I really do think that some people have no business having a boatload of kids that taxpayers are left footing the bill for. I won't even mention the other atrocities that can befall a child born to an unprepared or unwilling parent...addict or not.

The main issue I had is that it wreaked so much of eugenics. For the addict, it's probably a pretty good deal. They can score a little more dope and then have all of the unprotected sex they want. meanwhile, the taxpayers can fund more important things, you know, like bailouts and wars.

But seriously, I guess I just wished there would have been more of a focus on rehabilitation. In reality, it probably isn't that bad of a deal, it just hit me the wrong way on the wrong day. I can certainly see the logic in sterilization, but as I said, it's just very difficult for me to separate sterilization TODAY, from the attempted genocide or ethnic cleansing of the past. In my mind, it's just the next step, on the way to the next group and eventually, if you don't have quality 'Aryan' lineage, then you don't need to have children. I just worry too much.

Thanks for the argument though, and I didn't mean to bag you on the compassion thing. Sometimes, I suppose, sterilization or euthanasia is the most compassionate option.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join