It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get paid $300 for Permanent Sterilization

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

A Tennessee non-profit organization is paying drug addicts and alcoholics to undergo sterilization or long-term contraception. Seriously

This skirts a pretty fine line if you ask me. Eugenics in action.

Source (some bad language)

What we’re looking at here is the exploitation of a vulnerable population of women. (While the program is open to men, less than 1% of those who have taken the deal have actually been men.) Because I don’t know about you, but I don’t know a whole lot of people who aren’t currently interested in permanent birth control who would suddenly become interested for a rather lousy $300. I can only imagine, in fact, that someone would take such a deal only if they were incredibly desperate for money (and not only because of addiction, but also because of unbearable living expenses, etc.).

Of course, they want us to believe that this is about the babies and not about preventing “undesirable” women from having children. Obviously we’re just supposed to forget the whole history of forcibly sterilizing women of color and poor women and women with disabilities. This is different, you see.

I don't think I have ever heard about anything like this. Of course, it IS rather nice of them to actually PAY us for it, rather than just FORCE us to do it. It's voluntary after all....and heck with 300 bucks, a person could get really wasted and forget all ABOUT the fact that they are now sterile.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I think it's great simply for the fact that many drugs damage reproductive organs and fluids and if children are born they tend to be defective in some way.
Search google for crack babies. So if making drug addicts sterile will stop children from being born with defects and having to spend a lifetime suffering then that is great. Most of the addicts would hardly be good parents anyways, preferring to feed their habits instead of taking care of kids.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
300$???!!! What The!!?

It is missing at MINIMUM three zeros!!

What kind of desperate addict is that hard up for 300$? Geez.

Make it 300,000 $ and we may be talking.

300 $ , wow we must be experiencing deflation??

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

I think it's great simply for the fact that many drugs damage reproductive organs and fluids and if children are born they tend to be defective in some way.
Search google for crack babies. So if making drug addicts sterile will stop children from being born with defects and having to spend a lifetime suffering then that is great. Most of the addicts would hardly be good parents anyways, preferring to feed their habits instead of taking care of kids.

I agree with Warren, but it is a VERY slippery slope!!!!

I have heard of judges giving the choice between sterilization and prison.

I have always thought that if someone is on public assistance, they should be penalized for getting pregnant, instead of rewarded!!

Make it known up front that if you get pregnant while you are on assistance, you will lose your assistance.

In a way, this goes against many of the conspiracies on ATS. I have read that TPTB are intentionally dumbing us down, and that the lower tier of people are encouraged to reproduce while the upper tier is very selective. BUT, I have also read that we are selectively stopping "undesirables" from breeding, so I don't know what to think?

Good Thread, I can't wait to see the other responses!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

That's not the point. The article even addresses that. I don't think anyone with HALF of a brain cell would have to 'google for crack babies.' It's a pretty slippery slope when you, or anyone else pretends to know what is best for someone else based on what they have or haven't done in the past. Do you know any recovered addicts or alcoholics? It's easy to find people that are NOT either that make lousy parents.

I DO believe that active addicts usually do not have the capacity to be good parents. The foster care system is full of their children. If we can limit that tragedy, it would be great. I think the practice mentioned in the Op takes advantage of inhibited capacity to understand the long-term ramifications of their decisions and does nothing to help the actual person. It writes them off and gives them 300 bucks to go get wasted on. Doesn't sound like compassion to me.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Can regular people claim to be alcoholics and get paid for getting it done? After you've had your kids and are ready to stop having more, it'd be nice to get paid for getting it done when I was planning on getting it done anyways.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
As long as it remains voluntary I dont have any problem with this.

It wont be long though before somebody realizes you can make far more money by simply having the kids and sucking from welfare. Sure, if you actually care for and raise the kids you wouldnt have any money but how many crackheads would bother to do that? Generally the kid dies from malnutrition very early, is sold off to someone else for a multitude of purposes, or, if lucky, lives long enough to become a crackhead itself and continue the family legacy.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Hey with how stupid these addicts are and how bad they need a fix, they'll

probably have a line out the door and across town. I mean half these

addicts prostitute themselves anyway, I say you snip um all, especially if

there dumb enough to walk in.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
I don't think I have ever heard about anything like this.

I'm pretty sure I remember my parents talking about something similar that happen to my Dad when he was serving in the UK forces - It was fairly common practice for serving men (no idea about women) to be offered a vasectomy in return for benefits of some sort - probably a one off pay bonus, or maybe a small raise. I think the offer was made available to married couples with 2 or more children... But it was defiantly not compulsory - some of my old man's mate had 5 or 6 kids!! (and he claimed he was broke all the time :lol

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

One that should not birth a child will take the 300.00.

Second line.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'd have sterilisation for $300
After all I never intend having children so it's money for nothing

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
As long as it remains voluntary I dont have any problem with this.

It wont be long though before somebody realizes you can make far more money by simply having the kids and sucking from welfare. Sure, if you actually care for and raise the kids you wouldnt have any money but how many crackheads would bother to do that? Generally the kid dies from malnutrition very early, is sold off to someone else for a multitude of purposes, or, if lucky, lives long enough to become a crackhead itself and continue the family legacy.

Generalize much? I think they realized a long time ago that there is a lot of money to be made making lots of baby and sucking off the governement teet. No argument there. I Do however, take issue with your assertion that the child born to an addict, if lucky, lives long enough to become a crackhead themselves.

That makes an awful lot of assumptions.

Should we treat all of the addicts the same? Maybe we should just euthanize them all. Do you know any? Is there anyone that you love that you would like to try to rehabilitate rather than write off?

It's a very small step from the sterilization of addicts, to the sterilization of ANYONE deemed to have undesirable traits. Whose call does THAT get to be?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Step right up, I say step right up folks, don't be shy...

We've got a cracker-jack deal here for all you movers and shakers in the crowd that don't have the time to deal with any pesky kids...

If you've ever been pensive, if you've ever been irresponsible, or if your merely the type that just says ">SNIP< it" all the time, you're the ones we're lookin' for...

And as an astounding and undeniable added bonus, you will receive 300, that's right 300 American dollars to use in whatever way you deem appropriate...

You can buy booze, you can buy drugs, you can buy groceries, darn it folks you can buy whatever it is that happens to tickle your tulip...

You see folks, we can't have any of you "undesirables" continuing to multiply like rabbits on Spanish Fly. It just doesn't mesh in very well with our "final solution"...

Yes that's right folks, you can be good little citizens and help further the NWO's shiny new plan for depopulation and have a rollicking good time in the process...

You have only to step forward folks, do I have any takers?

Folks you need to act now if you wish to take us up on this incredible offer and bear in mind that we will not be issuing any cash reward to you when the mandatory H1N1 shots are initiated this fall, THIS IS YOUR BIG CHANCE RIGHT HERE...

Once again, do I have any takers....

[Mod edit: Please do not evade the automatic censors]

[edit on 7/21/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I know several. Some are family some are not.

As long as their euthanization is voluntary I have no problem with it.

If there are any indications of this sterilization plan becoming mandatory either overtly or covertly it should be shut down immediately.

Maybe I generalize but so what? Waste a million dollars and a million hours and maybe save one. Legalize it all and let the addicts kill themselves. I've no problem with that.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Logic and emotion are two very different things. Logically, why should we keep prisoners alive, deformed children, people with ADHD, the blind, paralyzed. Yes it is a slippery slope, from putting euthanizing drug addicts, to almost anyone. Yet it is out emotion and compassion for others that so far prevents society from going down this road. I hope that continues to be the case. As far as I am concerened voluntary steralization, even euthanasia, should be allowed. But to force these things on someone, that's just going to start a bad precident that may never be able to be reversed.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I know several. Some are family some are not.

As long as their euthanization is voluntary I have no problem with it.

If there are any indications of this sterilization plan becoming mandatory either overtly or covertly it should be shut down immediately.

Maybe I generalize but so what? Waste a million dollars and a million hours and maybe save one. Legalize it all and let the addicts kill themselves. I've no problem with that.

I appreciate your candor. I suppose I tend to take a more naive approach, thinking that a person can have a positive impact on society if they can get assistance with things every now and then.

I agree that voluntary sterilization, even assisted suicide is ok...I think it just sets a dangerous precedent that has a tremendous potential for abuse. Hell, I guess if they wanted to sterilize us ALL, they really wouldn't tell us anyway.

I suppose I just wish that instead of sterilizing and throwing them to the dogs, that a little more of an effort would be made to address the core issues.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Sterilization can be undone often. Plus, there are many other routes now to having a baby.

Since the ovaries and the uterus are still intact, should the person clean up their act at a later date they can: 1) get their tubes reconnected; 2) harvest eggs and have them fertilized in a petri dish and reinserted into the uterus.

While asking women who are vulnerable to exploitation to make this decision is certainly standing on a very fine line, the fact is that it IS a choice. It is also a choice that relieves said person from many other potential forms of exploitation by beng fertile and having children who are also vulnerable.

This sort of thing needs to be very carefully monitored, and I suggest people do keep their eyes on these "iniatives" for their potential of abuse is very high.

At the same time, a choice of the individual is still their choice. You, I and all of society can only protect someone so far from themselves.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Wouldnt it be worth just selling your sperm?

Whats a trip to the masterbation center net ya nowadays?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
I'd have sterilisation for $300
After all I never intend having children so it's money for nothing

Not knowing anything about your personal life... What happens if at some point down the line you are in a relationship and you change your mind, you could of brought your self a lot of heartbreak at rockbottom price.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Great idea, similar to the one that a rich guy was paying people with low IQs to have it done.

In the end giving a druggie 300 is better then the state paying for warefare to take care of his/her kids.

I am all for it. but then I am also for doing a free needle exchange but lace the needle with a posion and let the problem solve itself(kidding (kinda))

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join