It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town hall meeting goes crazy..over obama's citizenship

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by Cypher-X
You'll have to tell me, because I can't debate with a video. It only talks and never listens.

Oh well, your loss.

I Guess ill never know, since I am not in the habit of missing things I've never experienced.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Cypher-X

Go for it. I am sure there is a record of Electors for each and every state in the union.

I would start with your state legislature. But I am not going to do the work for the accusers. Sorry. Not my job to do the leg work. But I will tell you that this is how it works in this country.

Electors Vote for the President. Citizens vote for Electors.

Congress takes those electoral votes and that is who becomes president. That is why Al Gore lost the 2000 election, even though he had the popular vote he lost the presidency because the majority of the Electors voted for Bush.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

You'll have to tell me, because I can't debate with a video. It only talks and never listens.

Oh well, your loss.

I Guess ill never know, since I am not in the habit of missing things I've never experienced.

So I guess you only get your news from chat rooms and forums right? You must not watch any news on TV because you cannot debate the TV right?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by yadda333

Seems like a joke doesn't it?

They all stood up in solidarity with one another reciting the Pledge and reaffirming their loyalty to their country as a Republic and liberty (freedom) and justice (equal under the law) for ALL.

I don't see anything to make fun of except the ridiculous attitudes of some of you who think its funny to see America crumble from its glory through the apathy and derision of uninformed, techno-brats whose every belief is derived from someone else's popular opinion.

Just seemed like they all forgot what the topic was and started saying the pledge. I thought it was funny as hell. I think the whole topic is a joke.

You're right though, this so called "glorious America" has only started to fade since the current admin.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthtothemasses
You need to watch this clip. I'm in no way an Obamabot, but I think The Young Turks or Cenk Uygur are good at what the do.

If this isn't clear enough, I don't know wth is lol.

Star for the posting of this.
The Mods should put a direct U2U link of this clip to everyone & say 'Enough Birther Crap!'

M.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Gargamel

To me the issue is very simple. The documentation that has been provided does not prove that he was born on US soil as people not born in Hawaii were able to obtain that document. The document that would prove he was indeed born in Hawaii has not been produced.

It has been verified by the state of Hawaii that they do have a copy of his birth certificate on file. However, you as a citizen do not have access to that copy. I don't care if he is the president. He is still covered under the 4th Amendment.

They have a copy. Great, what does it say?

Produce the document and get on with things if only for the sake of displaying the transparancy that he claims his government will have.

Oh come ON! If people actually bought that line of bull dunk that his administration was going to be open and transparent. They should have their head examined. Bush promised all sorts of things that weren't true too. So did Clinton, so did Bush the elder, so did Reagan...

Really stop harping on a campaign promise everyone should have known was complete horse manure.

Hmmmm. sounds like your very accepting of the fact that polititians are going to lie to you. Me, I still find it hard to swallow and would like for it to "change"

It doesn't matter that much to me as I'm not even an American but the whole situation seems pretty shady to me.

The POTUS essentially works for the American people. I know in my job if my employer asked me to produce a document to prove that I am elegible to do the work I was hired to do I would either produce it or be fired.

Well, because you never voted for a president in your entire life, that kinda rules out any qualifications you may hold to examine his 4th Amendment protected personal papers now doesn't it?

I'm not asking for it, many Americans are. I just happen to support them.

But as many have said there are many bigger issues that are going on right now, the only problem is that the POTUS is eyeball deep in most of those issues and it would really be a shame if he was proven to be a fraud.

That's the operative phrase isn't it? "If he was proven to be a fraud." As of yet all people have are accusations based on bad data. As of yet, people have no evidence of their own to substantiate a claim. So please show me the evidence. And as the accuser, it is the people that believe in this bull dunk conspiracy that are required to prove his guilt. (To the House of Representatives by the way)

It is not up to the President to prove his innocence. As far as it goes, the Electoral College Voted for him, The Congress Confirmed him, and the Chief Justice of the SCOTUS swore him into office.

It's hard to provide evidence when you are not allowed to examine it.(ie the long form of the BC) When you have troops questioning the orders of the POTUS i think it would be in your countries best interest to put to rest the doubt surrounding the issue. Then again I have never accused polititians of having common sense.

[edit on 7/21/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Ok, I admit that i have not read the 5 pages of responses, and I am sure that this has already been said...

I just watched that town hall meeting (which looked like it took place at a retirement home). It seemed to me that the one boisterous lady was trying to make an effort to portray the entire crowd as being in support of her notion that Obama is not a citizen. She cleverly got everyone to stand in support of her cause under the guise of reciting the pledge of allegiance. Yet one more underhanded tactic to support a lost, non-existent cause.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Yes you could. You may have to send for a photo copy of the original.
I have mine, and those of my parents, my grandparents and my 2 sons.
It can be done.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join