It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Global Warmist DO NOT want you to notice..Prediction..Ice Age Coming soon!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i will attempt to show proof we are cooling down..not warming up.
www.examiner.com... global-famine

On May 19, 2009, record low temperatures were recorded in 28 states, more than half the states in the United States of America. Many of these record low temperatures are the lowest in 100 years, and some the lowest in 115 years. Iceagenow.com, a web portal tracking global temperatures reports, “If there had been record warmth in 28 states, your would have seen ‘we're-causing-global-warming’ headlines plastered across the front page of almostevery newspaper in the country, and TV hosts would have gleefully announced the dire news. . . . But had you even heard about this?”

Must go to website.
www.iceagenow.com...

www.crh.noaa.gov...

Has the month of July seemed cool to you? If it has, you're not the only one. So far, the average temperatures at South Bend and Fort Wayne are nearly 5 degrees below normal. In fact, South Bend and Fort Wayne are currently on pace for the coldest July since records began in the 1890s.

Coldest since there recorded history of temperature!!

Here is a goverment site say's different.ANYONE surprised?
www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

For the contiguous United States, the average temperature for June was 69.5°F (20.8°C), which was 0.2°F (0.1°C) above the 20th century mean and ranked as the 49th warmest June on record, based on preliminary data.

Now that i showed you some bs.. more real temperature detail's.

www.examiner.com...

The state awoke to some of the coolest temperatures the state has experienced overall in 15 years, for late July. A rare July cold front pushed through the state on Friday night and has ushered in cooler than average temperatures across the state. In a matter of fact, morning low temperatures were as much as 10-15 degrees cooler than what we typically expect this time of year, which has led to record lows.

www.admin.cam.ac.uk...

The first signs of ozone loss have now been observed in the Arctic this winter, and large scale losses are expected to occur if the cold conditions persist. Overall temperatures in the ozone layer are the lowest for 50 years having been consistently low for the past two months.

english.pravda.ru...

The earth is now on the brink of entering another Ice Age, according to a large and compelling body of evidence from within the field of climate science. Many sources of data which provide our knowledge base of long-term climate change indicate that the warm, twelve thousand year-long Holocene period will rather soon be coming to an end, and then the earth will return to Ice Age conditions for the next 100,000 years

view this graph en.wikipedia.org...:Vostok-ice-core-petit.png

The AGW theory is based on data that is drawn from a ridiculously narrow span of time and it demonstrates a wanton disregard for the ‘big picture’ of long-term climate change. The data from paleoclimatology, including ice cores, sea sediments, geology, paleobotany and zoology, indicate that we are on the verge of entering another Ice Age, and the data also shows that severe and lasting climate change can occur within only a few years. While concern over the dubious threat of Anthropogenic Global Warming continues to distract the attention of people throughout the world, the very real threat of the approaching and inevitable Ice Age, which will render large parts of the Northern Hemisphere uninhabitable, is being foolishly ignored.

In short to conclude..the earth is in record low temperature's.
We are not warming up at all.
We are being lied to i assume..but why?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
www.redorbit.com...

Scientists are now making an alarming claim that the earth is on the brink of entering another Ice Age that could last the next 100,000 years. They believe a 12,000-year warming period is currently winding down. They say ice cores, ocean sediment cores, the geologic record, and studies of ancient plant and animal populations all demonstrate a regular cyclic pattern of Ice Age patterns, separated by intervening warm interglacials, each lasting about 12,000 years. Experts point out that most of the long-term climate data collected from various sources also shows a strong correlation with the three astronomical cycles which are together known as the Milankovich cycles.

www.foxnews.com...

Physicist Phil Chapman, the first native-born Australian to become an astronaut with NASA [he became an American citizen to join up, though he never went into space], said pictures from the U.S. Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) showed no spots on the sun. He said the world cooled quickly between January last year and January this year, by about 0.7 degrees Centigrade.

en.wikipedia.org...

Views on global warming On April 23, 2008, Dr Chapman authored an op-ed in The Australian newspaper, noting a new ice age will eventually occur, that based on current low solar activity it might even be imminent, and "It is time to put aside the global warming dogma, at least to begin contingency planning about what to do if we are moving into another little ice age, similar to the one that lasted from 1100 to 1850.".[2] A response by IPCC affiliated meteorologist Dr. David Karoly was published a few days later.[3]

[edit on 19-7-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

www.crh.noaa.gov...

Has the month of July seemed cool to you? If it has, you're not the only one. So far, the average temperatures at South Bend and Fort Wayne are nearly 5 degrees below normal. In fact, South Bend and Fort Wayne are currently on pace for the coldest July since records began in the 1890s.

Coldest since there recorded history of temperature!!

Well, I can tell you this... I live in Fort Wayne, and you better believe it's a lot colder here than it's ever been. That part of this post was absolutely no BS.

I, too, have often thought that we might be heading into a major cooling phase. Ice age? Perhaps a little soon to tell that kind of extreme at this time, but definitely NO global warming. That's about as much BS as they can dish out.

Just thought I would toss out a personal perspective to one of your articles there
Everyone here in fort wayne is talking about it.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
We are guaranteed to enter another ice age at some point, but how can we really tell at the moment, and how will we know if its going to be worldwide?

Not only are there record low temperatures happening, but many places have seen record highs as well.

I saw a documentary the other day where this guy says that the "Salinity" (salt content) of the oceans are the key to another ice age happening.

Seemingly the salt is one of the major things that cause the ocean currents. The Gulf Stream is vitaly important as it carries warm water over to western Europe which keeps their temperatures higher.

If the salt content around the gulf stream for example were to change, then we could see a mini ice age happening only in Europe. (as has happened before!!)

en.wikipedia.org...

"Mini Ice Age" May Be Coming Soon, Sea Study Warns

news.nationalgeographic.com...

So after reading all this about cooling, then i find this!!.......

Earth's temperature 8th-warmest on record so far in 2009

www.usatoday.com...

It seems by reading this article that some places were hotter, while others were cooler, but the overall average was still hotter than normal.

I dont for a second believe that humans are responsible for this though as it has been documented as happening on all the planets in our solar system!!

I think at the moment we are warming up, yes, but naturally, not much to do with humans.

And yes, an ice age, or mini ice age may happen, but who knows when. Would the scientists tell us if they knew? probably not because it would quash all their global warming BS!!!

G.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Global warming.....Global cooling......it's always something.
Climate Change! The climate is always changing. It is
normal for the Earth to have an ice age about every 10,000 years.
We are due for another ice age in about 1,500 years.
When that one is over........you guessed it. We will be heading towards
the NEXT ice age. Before the last ice age the oceans where
about 400 feet lower than they are today.
The Earth will be just fine.
The people here will adapt.
The magnetic poles will reverse before the next ice age arrives.
We will have to buy new compasses.
Worry about that for awhile.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Maybe HERE'S a conspiracy for you:

Maybe TPTB know an ice age is coming, but lucky for us some pollution is good to keep the planet warm...

as we all know, for a good few years now we've all been constantly convinced that we're all going to die soon unless we stop global warming. However, global warming is a load of tosh, and really we're allowing the world to start cooling down.. to help them get rid of a damn lot of people who don't have the means to survive the cold.. notice how much the price of fuel's been going up too?

Who knows.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well the government site's say we are warming....

But if ya check ya almanac's ect...this year is setting record low's.
So who is telling us lie's?
Surely not obama? what would him and al gore have to gain??

Oh yeah carbon tax...
they want to fill there pocket's before the major cool down take's effect.
only a theory.

But im tellin ya check ya local weather record's...Please post your high's and low's.
I will tell ya the result's...the planet as a whole is in a cooldown..we are on the verge of the next ice age folk's.

I couldn't grow a garden here in kentucky this year.
why frost killed all my plant's ..lol
in june..frost in june comon folk's...
we have 110 degree temperature some time's....

either way we are on the verge of a major cool down..
Yes it happens every 10k year's or something...

But Why is the government shoving this global warming down our throat's?
If in fact we should be preparing for the cold wave about to hit us.

Is it deflection on there part?
they want us to die off from being frozen to death from not being prepared?

Either way something is up folk's...mark my word's.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have lived in FL for most of my life and it was cooler longer here and this summer isnt as hot as it usually is. I dont like the heat but at least its not as bad as it usually is.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
jesus people....

records are set every year at one place or another on the globe... it is nothing special. these same things were used to fear people in the 70s about global cooling.

this is a natural process, we could remove all machinery in place and erase all damage done over the globe and we would still see these fluxuations. dont let the politicians use scare tactics on you to get you to panic and make rash decisions to jump on platforms based on rushed and bad science.

eesh

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

not as hot?

I lived in FL for most my life as well, and i have never felt anything else that is just as hot as the weather.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
colder here in germany than usual

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Wow, it was only a week or 2 back I was being flamed for telling people they are being stupid about 'how hot it is for this time of year' and loads of sunspot talk, solar flares and how we was to all burn to a crisp on the 7th of July.
I argued that these hotter/cooler threads seem to tie in with the OP's current weather condition and with the seasons.
Now here we are, the heatwave has passed (without us burning to a crisp incidentally) and now we are suddenly looking at an ice age just as I predicted the threads will turn to.
So for all them hypocrites who flamed me (or iced me whichever floats your boats today) I can only say I hate to say I told you so...no I dont, I told you so.

link   
the funny thing about global warming is its based on weather wich is very unpredictable at the best of times.
even with weather satalites & all sorts of monitoring equipment the weather men still have great dificulty in giving us more than a 3 day weather outlook !!.
so global warming vs global cooling is at present unsure.
but...................having said that i think its important to point out global destruction & destruction of habitat wich is very real & not short of evidence.
this habitat destruction is not only a direct threat to many species including humans is it also heavily linked to weather patterns, this does not mean global warming or global cooling, it means more extreme weather bigger storms/massive glacier melts/flash floods/more tornados/more hurricanes/longer heat waves/bigger droughts & it also means the complete opposite in some places, all in all massive changes to global weather
mans impact on the global environment is real, polution is real & how mans impact along with habitat destruction & even sun spot/solar flares & space weather all work together to become todays global weather.
to try & say mans impact is minor & only extreme weather/global warming/global cooling are only natural cycles is narrow minded & maybe even foolish.
every thing is connected concerning weather, as the poles melt faster & more each year an ocean the size of the pacific with 1cm of water added from the poles adds up to huge ammounts of extra weight, this intern may cause tektonic plates to move more often volcanoes & earth quakes may increase, not to mention global ocean current being changed by salt water being diluted.
there seems to be no defining eveidence to say global warming or global cooling is happening but there is a great deal of evidence that global weather is beggining to do strange things & if people like it or not co2 & acidification of oceans & co2 absorbtion is a reality.

link   
Ice Age? Dammit. And withe the whole warming thingy I was just looking forward to more bbq's this year. But so far only a lot of rain (and two weeks of sun whilst I was on holiday). And now the rain will turn into snow?

Living in Holland sucks.

Oh well, as long as Scrat is in Ice Age, I don't mind...

[edit on 20-7-2009 by cappuccino]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Remember this?

www.guardian.co.uk...

London didnt have snow like that for years

GLOBAL WARMING MY ASS

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cappuccino

YES! I agree! Great character!

We call know "Global Warming" is just another scheme put on the world for money, and power. Al Gore just lined his entire family's pockets for years off this one, folks.

I love how people still believe this, the greatest scam in the world.

It is unusually chilly for july here around pittsburgh. I think we've had upper 40's and lower 50's all month so far. But, we'll see what happens.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

New England is having a non-summer... again this year. Garden is smaller and weak. Heat loving tomatos most affected.

We should pray for global warming. More heat, more plant growth, more photosynthesis, more CO2 to O2 conversion... and more food... less heating the home and business 6 months of the year, burning up all that oil and electricity. Problem is there will be more rain as earth counter-balances so we'll need better flood control AND move to areas less prone to flooding. All the extra evaporated water will cause more clouding which will cause balancing out of any extra heat on Earth, back to lower temps.

Oceans rising? Fill a glass with ice, then to the very brim with water. Let is melt. WOW! the water never spills over the side of the glass. Little problem with physics and math and all that. Go back to high school.

More plant life as food, more animal life to eat it, including humans... Oh that's right the eugenics crowd wants far less people on Earth now don't they? This couldn't be any part of their thinking now could it?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by cappuccino

YES! I agree. I could have so much fun hiding that little fella's acorn.

I live in Texas, and it has been hot as hell. The temperatures have been ABOVE normal where I live (except right now, they're just about right because of a "cool front"). We average about 16 days of 100 or above weather, and we've already had at least 18 days, and we still have August and the first half of September to go. Normally it's about 100-102, which is really 105-108 with the heat index, then factor in 80-90% humidity. I guess I'm fine with it because I have lived here my entire life. But for some reason, the heat is so much worse this year, and I don't know what it is.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Yes the northern hemesphere winters are getting colder.Each winter the northern hemesphere tilts a few more dregrees .It will continue to tilt more each year until it reachs the point of no return.That date will be december 21 2012.When the northern hemespere enters its winter period in 2012 the winter will continue and the northern hemesphere will tip over with the earth on its side.The tilt will change .The earth will stll be spinning but it will be on its side spinning.The northern hemesphere will be then cast in perpetual darkness and cold.It will then become a ice age.Of course the southern hemesphere will be cast into perpetual daylight and become very hot indeed.The south pole will totaly melt.But the sea level will not rize at all.The same amount of ice that melted from the south pole will refreese the oceans in the northern hemesphere down as far as France and mexico.The entire united states will be frozen solid at possible tempreatures reaching down to minus 100 below zero or more.This change could possible not be noticed until it is too late.After the 21 december the days will get colder and the days will become shorter.Possible within three weeks to a month the seas around the united states will start to freeze and any escape by sea will proberly be out of the question.If nothing is done straight away the northern hemesphere polulation will be wiped out by up to 98%.Most people could not survive tempretures below zero up to 50 or 100 dregrees.Only the people in under ground basees will proberly survive.Theses underground bases are quite large and can hold thousands of people.Weather they can sustain that many people for a long period of time is anyones guess.Many people will try to migrate to the southern hemesphere where its warmer.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Oh how clever you all are?
My small scenario of what is happening to our climate.

Suppose you have a 10 kg block of ice in a bath tub of water, water temp 5 deg C at the furthest point away from the block of ice. The block of ice say takes maybe 3-4 days to melt. Than the water temp begins to rise.

Now what if you get that same block of ice and crush it up a bit, you know, spread it around in the water now the temperature of the water is at every point in the tub close to 0 deg C but the ice melts much faster a lot faster less than a day for the same volume of ice to completely melt and then the temperature of the water rises a lot sooner.

Just imagine that this is exactly what is happening to our world at the moment actually don't imagine because this is exactly what is happening at this moment to our climate...

You will witness some very cold temps because the worlds ice is spreading throughout our planet just as is the crushed ice in example above but I can assure you all this short period of cold weather will not stay for long...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join