It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Global Warmist DO NOT want you to notice..Prediction..Ice Age Coming soon!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I have always thought that "global warming" was a con. I remember when the BBC were talking about this theory of global warming, and now they talk as if its fact! I have always thought an Ice-Age was more likely than a tropical paradise caused by global warming.

Either way, the PTB will still try and tax us to death for our carbon output, do they not realise that carbon is ESSENTIAL to life???

No carbon = No oxygen = NO LIFE as we know it.

IF the planet is actually warming, chances are that will trigger an IceAge by the melting of the Arctic ice sheet. This melting would release a huge amount of fresh water into the worlds oceans. This fresh water causes the Gulf Stream (which brings the warm(ish) currents from the equator north) to slow down or stop completey causing the northern hemisphere to cool and bringing forward an IceAge.

The ocean current that gives western Europe its relatively balmy climate is stuttering, raising fears that it might fail entirely and plunge the continent into a mini ice age. The dramatic finding comes from a study of ocean circulation in the North Atlantic, which found a 30% reduction in the warm currents that carry water north from the Gulf Stream.

Link to Source

There is also the problem with the sun. During periods of low sunspot activity, the heat output of the sun actually falls.

It would appear that sunspots not only have a connection to geomagnetic activity at Earth, but they play a role in climate change as well. In the last thousands of years, there have been many periods where there were not many sunspots found on the Sun. The most famous is a period from about 1645 to 1715, called the Maunder Minimum. This period corresponds to the middle of a series of exceptionally cold winters throughout Europe known as the Little Ice Age. Scientists still debate whether decreased solar activity helped cause the Little Ice Age, or if the cold snap happen to occur around the same time as the Maunder Minimum. In contrast, a period called the Medieval Maximum, which lasted from 1100 to 1250, apparently had higher levels of sunspots and associated solar activity. This time coincides (at least partially) with a period of warmer climates on Earth called the Medieval Warm Period. Sunspot counts have been higher than usual since around 1900, which has led some scientists to call the time we are in now the Modern Maximum.

LINK

LINK

have a watch of this video too.

Google Video Link

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

It had never snowed in Bogota before.. ever

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
wait till the warm gulf stream stops flowing...ice age in a year time...
remember the siberian mammoth's... frozen while eating.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

OR, the mammoth had kept food in its mouth for later eating on his long trek through the snow and ice but then finally succumbed to the cold and decided to lay down and die.... like some elephants of today do (minus the freezing cold) from what I understand. I have a hard time believing that it was an instant freeze like what was shown In the Hollywood movie "Day After Tomorrow"

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000

OR, the mammoth had kept food in its mouth for later eating on his long trek through the snow and ice but then finally succumbed to the cold and decided to lay down and die.... like some elephants of today do (minus the freezing cold) from what I understand. I have a hard time believing that it was an instant freeze like what was shown In the Hollywood movie "Day After Tomorrow"

Cant believe it took that long for someone to bring that film up

To be honest, the weather does seem to be going from one extreme to the other... remember the floods the UK had a couple of years ago, was so glad my town was on a hill!
But yea, the weather doesnt seem to be any colder or hotter here. Its sunny for a couple of days and then chucks it down for the next 2 weeks, just like normal. I think if we are getting an ice age its not going to be anytime soon in terms of us actually being alive to see it... Although thats what the Government guys said in 'The Day After Tomorrow' as well, so who knows

Also, is 'warmist' an actual word?

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Bluebelle]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Hi, I live in Cape Town South Africa, aka The Cape of Storms. I would like to add that this winter has been exeptionally weird. The days have been allot hotter than usual and the predictions way off. Usually, we walk around with layers uppon layers of clothes but this year its been jeans and short sleeves. Some days they predict 15 degrees celcius, and it turns out to be between 20 and 22. We have had two or three bad floods and storms but thats regarded as normal here. The wind however has gotten alot worse. I feel its warming up, not cooling down. Maybe its just location.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

haha, yeah I thought I would throw that in there. The movie was great for special effects but as for actual scientific realism....... Star wars was more believable.

Most of the tech's I work with REALLY hated that about the movie. These weather/climate guys really take scientific inaccuracies regarding weather and climate in the movies very seriously and personally here.
You should have seen them go off the deep end over Al Gore's movie and his flawed science.

I believe its supposed to be "warmest"

[edit on 20-7-2009 by QBSneak000]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

I don't think the next ice age will arrive for another 1,500 years.
Earth has an ice age about every 10,000 years.
We are also heading for a magnetic pole reversal.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
reply to post by ressiv

So....what is the goal of these politicians?
Spend billions over here......throw a few million people out of work
in order to bring Climate Change to a screeching halt?
How arrogant can they be.
Pelosi is running around with her head in the clouds saying
"I'm saving the planet."

God help us all.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The goal? Money of course. They can make billions by taxing companies who pollute more than others, not to mention the "new" energy saving things like those light bulbs. Have you noticed how much more expensive they are compared to the regular ones.

Don't get me wrong, I am ALL FOR helping out by recycling, reusing etc but to be honest if these politicians were sincere they would make the greener, energy saving things a lot cheaper than the regular ones and do more to curb greenhouse gas polluting factories.

I forget, didn't the USA opt out of and refuse to sign the Kyoto accord to cut greenhouse gasses?

Its all fear mongering as far as I am concerned and for what..... not for the long term of actually fixing the problems but for the short money making terms of their time in office.

As for the science...... thats a whole other ball game. You're right regarding the ice age cycles. Like I was saying before. Its all happened before and it will happen again. What the earth (and other planets) are going through now regarding climate change is just a NORMAL cycle of the planet. The only difference is that us humans are just speeding up the process.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Here in East Texas the tempatures have been very hot in the day. The "Offical" temps are in the low 100s. However, my own gauges have been hitting the 120s. Of course this was with the gauges in full sun, so take that data as you will.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

You probably won't believe me but i think the technology exists
to control the weather.
That should reshuffle the deck as far as this Climate Change Fear
being sold to the american people.
Just think. No more hurricanes crashing into New Orleans.
You have a drought? Here is your storm front. Enjoy the water.
We should have it up and running by 2015.
In the wrong hands, controlling the weather could be used as a
weapon of war.
You could just stand back and throw hurricanes at them until
they cry uncle.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
None of this surprises me...

I mean come on think for a second here. The Planet heats up whether it's a natural occurrence or it has had a little helping hand by mans activity doesn't really matter it's irrelevant. The planet heats up causing more evaporation from oceans and large fresh water locations the moister in the atmosphere travels and some may end up in the colder locations and return to Earth in the form of increased snow fall.

Global Warming/Climate Change whatever it's called doesn't mean the end of Winters.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
OH for loud out crying.... please explain to me why Greenland's icesheet it sliding into the ocean, and why all the edges of larson B are crumbling into the ocean at an (Alarming to some) rate. WHY... Why Why Why....

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
OH for loud out crying.... please explain to me why Greenland's icesheet it sliding into the ocean, and why all the edges of larson B are crumbling into the ocean at an (Alarming to some) rate. WHY... Why Why Why....

i am assuming atm it's like here and there.

where it was cold is now getting hotter..but in turn it cools down the already hot place's in the preparation of the storm's to come.

something along that line.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I would have to agree with the Op here. I was amazed one day when the news in the Boston, Ma area said 89 was the high temp this summer so far. Nighttime temps have gone down to the 40's as well. Most days are overcast with more rain days than I can remember in the past.

Taken from National view on line:article.nationalreview.com...
Boston saw temperatures 4.7 degrees below normal. “This is the second coldest average high temp since 1872,” veteran meteorologist and Weather Channel alumnus Joseph D’Aleo reports at Icecap.com. “1903 is the record.” D’Aleo told me, “It has been so cool and so cloudy that trees in northern New England are starting to show colors that normally first appear in September.”

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
First of all, If the age of the planet said by scientists is in the millions plus, then how can we truly have anything of a clue what is normal or not. We as the human race are but a spec in time in the ages and happenings of this planet. We have a cool streak and everyone jumps on the cooling planet band wagon, come on people. At the very least, give it a year and then submit an assessment. I will say( at a guess) we will continue to see greater swings in temps. just like a AC sine wave.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Global warming is an inaccurate title. It should be called "climate change". It is happening whatever the reason. By the way, for those who don't know, warming causes the ice at the poles to melt, enter the jetstream, and cool down the water. Thus, causing "global cooling". all that the climate change is doing is speeding things up. Problem is, scientists in this country are at the whim of capitalism like everyone else. They find the best answers they can in their research for those who fund them.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Have YOU seen the crumbling Ice shelf?? As for the Greenland ice sheet, thats what they do. Glaciers flow downhill...

There have been times on this planet when there have been no Ice Sheets and there have been times when the Ice Sheets were HUGE(IceAge)

The planet will naturally flip from one extreme to the next. And life WILL continue, how arrogant is it to think some primates with a larger than usual brain to body-mass ratio will destroy the planet.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Ummmm

Just to point out something....

Weather extremes are not an indication that global warming or cooling is underway. More often than not they are due to small climatic patterns or weather systems, they do not represent the globe as a whole.

So those examples you have used are not a good resource for proving your point. Just thought I should let you know

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join