It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Global Warmist DO NOT want you to notice..Prediction..Ice Age Coming soon!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by x TAM x

Ok sir... I suppose all the nat geo and discovery channel docubla blas are all funded by the evil ones simply looking for the " Save the planet from global warming" rescue fund. AND I am sure that the people living ON Greenland were all paid VERY well to lie to the world about how their ice palace isn't melting away. Also we all should know that NASA adjusted the photos of the white patch at the bottom of the planet Not to look as IF it were falling apart. So... with that said.. Yep I certainly am the idiot.... sorry. ........................COME ON... do you live under a box.... no really..Hey no personal offense man. But let us take a look at what has been going on for the last few 25 years and all the peaks AROUND the world that have lost much of their glacial covering. What.. that's all made up. They photo shopped all the pics. Maybe the YETI have just been thirsty. Sholom

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

No Offense taken.

There are a number of glaciers around the worl that are not shrinking and in fact are growing. here and here.

There are also a huge number of scientists that do not believe that global warming is caused by us either. here

As for antartica

And this is 2008's growth.

And Greenland ice sheet melting? Its actually growing in the interior Sorry a bit technical

[edit on 22/7/09 by x TAM x]

[edit on 22/7/09 by x TAM x]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by x TAM x

How is the weather there,... kinda cool and breezy thanks for da links. In correlation with the suns cycle, it will SEEM as if things are building back up , however givin the steady graphical rise in the"overall" temp of the planet and the strong finish of the old cycle. we have seen a warming trend. This is just the flat part of the scale while the sun gets ready for it's next act. Of course there will be a bit if snow pack rebuilding, however overall, the planet HAS lost much ice to the oceans. It has been a steady loss for the last 3500 years (with ups and downs). oh and Yeah I know glaciers slide toward the sea, however the pace had increased quite considerably over the last few years. Also, find a link on the core temp and tell me what you see has changed there and please explain to me why there has been a 200% increase in earthquake since 2000. you will also find there is an increase in volcanic activity. What happens when a liquid is heated? the volume becomes greater. get where I am going here..Anyway we have temporary cooling trend.. you'll see... Beer or booze?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr X

Couldn't agree more. Most of these posters don't belong in a gw debate first and foremost.

Just because it is cold on the east coast proves nothing. There is record breaking heat in California and the Sw. So what is your answer for that.

Also, another ice age can't start because they come like clockwork every 100,00o years due to Earth tilt and rotation. We have 80k more to go.

the milankovich cycles

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Saint Louis here.. I must say, that yesterday was cool here. I remember going to a store, and walking in thinking, why do they have their a/c on? It's chilly outside!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Dr X

Just because it is cold on the east coast proves nothing. There is record breaking heat in California and the Sw. So what is your answer for that.

I would be blaming the El Nino, La Nina weather patterns for those

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by x TAM x

How is the weather there,... kinda cool and breezy thanks for da links. In correlation with the suns cycle, it will SEEM as if things are building back up , however givin the steady graphical rise in the"overall" temp of the planet and the strong finish of the old cycle. we have seen a warming trend. This is just the flat part of the scale while the sun gets ready for it's next act. Of course there will be a bit if snow pack rebuilding, however overall, the planet HAS lost much ice to the oceans. It has been a steady loss for the last 3500 years (with ups and downs). oh and Yeah I know glaciers slide toward the sea, however the pace had increased quite considerably over the last few years. Also, find a link on the core temp and tell me what you see has changed there and please explain to me why there has been a 200% increase in earthquake since 2000. you will also find there is an increase in volcanic activity. What happens when a liquid is heated? the volume becomes greater. get where I am going here..Anyway we have temporary cooling trend.. you'll see... Beer or booze?

I agree, if the core temp went up, then the ice would be melting from underneath. If that is the case then some glaciers would be sliding at a faster rate. Also, the polar caps might be melting from underneath, so yes they are melting, BUT, the ice on top of the caps may be building due to cooler temps, so it might seem to be a bit contradictory.

As for the CO2 issue, all that CO2 is trapped in the ice, if they are melting due to the water heating up because of the core, then of course there will be more CO2 in the atmosphere, which will cause global cooling and not warming. The "experts" state that with CO2, it will trap warm air in our atmosphere, but did they ever consider that just maybe, CO2 in the atmosphere would deflect the suns rays and keep them from entering our atmosphere exacerbating global cooling?

Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Skada

Not the expert here, but if memory serves me correctly, the suns rays do penetrate CO2 in the form of UV radiation, reflect back up into the atmosphere as infrared, which CO2 will block its exit into space, thus creating the much ballyhooed "greenhouse" effect. OZWeatherman will probably correct me if I am wrong.

I am of the opinion that this is a natural cycle and there is nothing to be done about it. We cannot stop it. The earth will eventually re-balance. Will another Ice-Age occur? Sooner or later. The geological record bears this out. The question is, of course, When?

Local weather anomalies don't upset me - global trends do. If the globe is averaging higher temps, and the poles are melting, then it stands to reason that a cooling period will follow eventually. As I stated in a previous post - the earth started out hot and has been cooling ever since. It is the natural, entropic cycle. We should get used to it. Buy stock in "Fruit Of The Loom". Long Johns anyone?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
AN iceage would be cause by climate change if the GULF STREAM WAS INTERUPTED AND COOLED CAUSING ALL GLOBAL TEMPS TO DROP SINCE THE WARM WATERS THAT MOVE WARM TEMPS AROUND THE WORLD WOULD BE NOMORE.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I have also been watching the temps and the speed of the current. and it is indeed slowing. I don't have anyway of verifying that data other that what I can research on the web and a few friends. and yes according to history( of course may be fuzzy) the complete almost to a crawl in the speed of the current can in fact cause drastic changes in atmospheric weather. I am prepared for either event. but for now I will stick to sayin that we are still in for more heat.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The evidence clearly shows that there is global warming. The average *global* temperature has risen for decades - I don't remember when it began. Probably it started right after the Industrial Revolution, when coal burning became widespread.

For a new ice age, you'd have glaciers advancing. The earth's glaciers are retreating. We're losing our ice shelves in Antarctica. Permafrost layers throughout the world are melting for the first time in centuries, or longer. Tropical and temperate plant life and wildlife are moving to what were colder zones as these zones become warmer.

The only reason there appears to be any controversy about global warming is because the scientific knowledge about it was suppressed by the Bush Administration, which hoped to forestall any legislation that might hamper big business (in particular, Big Oil).

What is in doubt is not whether the world is getting warmer, but whether the activities of humans has much to do with it. IF that question is answered in the affirmative, then the next question is whether there is a thing we can do about it at this late date.

Global warming does *not* mean that temperatures throughout the world will uniformly increase. It means that overall the temperature will increase. This has been happening. There can be areas of cold, even record-breaking cold. It is expected that the weather will become much more chaotic as various systems try to respond to the increase of heat (as they'd do responding to a decrease. Any significant change, up or down, will produce unusual weather).

The temperatures of a few cities isn't enough to prove or disprove global warming. Temperatures on land are not as important in determining climate, as temperatures in the oceans. The oceans are warming. Marine life (such as the coral reefs) is dying as a result of temperatures being too high.

But you can't say, "Feels pretty cool around here; no global warming". It's not quite that simple.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
www.canada.com...

Climate change may be another possible reason. Seasonal temperature changes and bird migration may get out of sync, so birds may show up either too early or too late for key food resources. Some park staff have sent questions to their colleagues about this mystery. So far, we've found out that the Violet-green swallow population in general is relatively stable and actually increasing in some areas. Our mystery is likely to be a local happening, as populations elsewhere on Vancouver Island seem to be stable.

there you have it folk's.
The bird's Know cold is coming early or something...
They have all started flying south for the winter to mexico.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join