It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capturing the Light, The Story Of Dorothy Izatt (2007)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
People, this case was EXTENSIVELY investigated by one of the most prominent scientific ufologists of all time---Dr. J. Allen Hynek---and even HE found no indication of hoaxing, nor any easy explanation of what was being filmed. ATS' very own Jeff Ritzman, an expert photographic and videographic analyst is even intrigued by this case. So all the armchair skeptics coming on here and trying to dismiss this as "nothing to see", try again. It ain't working here.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Think about it, She is seeing Demons. Beings of light alright. Soon as she thought they may be bad they started to show their true purpose. The object behind the daughter is a reflection and that is obvious as it shows up in front of the blinds and only moved when the camera does.

Don't believe what the devil wants you to. Jesus is our only savior not ET. Pray for them and especially that little girl.

bah please no religion, sorry but if god is real and jezus, than show me and proof it........ show me footage...... god is more than just a person, its a way of giving the universe energy a name, thats what it is energy, beings of energy and its not what the church teaches people or i have to say the churches of the believe systems on the planet.

if god is real well like the church teaches the sheep of this planet, than hes a coward,hiding behind his cloud, not doing a single thing, and letting the human race suffer wouwwww some god, so again please churches are just money collecting boyscout groups. and the Vatican is the biggest of them all.

Who says that Shaitan is evil, who, god... ahm god is an energy like shaitan is, so and than again what makes the church say that god is goood and Shaitan is evil, its just bla bla, they dont even know it, dont forget that its the church that kept all info away from the people and kept technology and knowledge away from the people, soooo whos evil.... as far as i can see Shaitan shows how and what at least thats what i get from most info on the net. god ah god just lets us suffer in the name of god, which is btw only written by the church all the stories are written and re written by the church so. it just does not make sense.

also the balance of good and evil ahm who says that its needed, humans do and we made this up to make up for our deeds on this planet.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by soundmatrix2009]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It is really 'interesting' aka there's bits of the film that look like bs, the majority seems to be unexplainable, but I dont really want to believe in casual interdimensional beings flashing at some old lady.

Couple of things that bother me;

She was seeing these things for 28 years before another family member saw one?.. If my nana was filming weird crap like this Id definately be wanting to see them for myself!

Apparantly she's still seeing them, so why isnt anyone camped out down there with better camera?

Oh, and the bits that Im thinking are bs are the orbs i.e. floating bits of dust... and the religion stuff. Although good for her that she didnt immediately assume it was the antichrist playing with her mind.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Bluebelle]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgerb8
Ummm.. yes??

Assuming these aliens are smarter than us.. which they have to be to travel this far - or live invisibly within our realm (LOL)... WHY THE F.. would they spend all these resources to contact someone who is mildy reliable, at best.. and leave NO physical evidence...

Really.. the only reason I could see is to torment this lady... Which makes them malignant.

It's like me spending 3 grand to fly to africa.. and bring my family.. and meet some aborigine tribe and then appear in their tents at night.. and then fly back home..
It's a waste of time, resources, and efficiency..
Unless the aliens are just bored Douche bags.. it makes NO sense..

Yet use stoopid humans spend large sums of money to visit holiday locations just to swim with the Dolphins, go Whale watching, visit zoo's and all thay illogical guff, every single day.

We even develop an affinity with some of these creatures, and on some level communication happens - at least to some people it appears so.

If we had to walk a thousand miles to do it, we'd be mad. But we can fly or drive or float. Who's to say that any intelligent beings out there don't have the ability to go where they desire with little effort.

This is one big zoo, perhaps she's just that special primate that they find intriguing, when all us other primates are still throwing poop at each other.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
On reading a number of the responses to the thread it is quite evident that many do not want to accept the possibility or the potentiality of alternative expressions of reality. That is fine and fair in its way, I have a hard time accepting some stuff, but one can't help but feel that this gracious lady has definitely captured an 'unexplainable phenomenon'.

Does it constitute 'proof'? To that question, we must say a resounding 'NO', her films and experiences constitute anecotes and circumstantial evidence, all of which present or provide nothing in the way of an answer as to what they are. There's something there on the films...absolutely no doubt, but the films tell us nothing about what they are. Of course, we can look at the films and images, and intuit speculatively as to what they are, but we cannot state for certain what they are...this unfortunately is our predicament, and is likely to remain so for sometime yet to come.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Here come the Jesus freaks!!!... I don't even know why you watched it , You people are so brainwashed it's sad. I'm sorry , your ignorance upset me. It is not my place to judge and I'm sure you have your reasons and life experience for thinking that way. If you'll excuse me I'm off to the lake of fire to center myself.

Edit to guess your background... I'll take born again for $500 Alex.

While I will agree that some religious persons act fanatical, as some UFO believers I think that that member was well within a neutral point of view and expressing their opinion. He/she was not forcing his/her belief on anyone. I think your comment was a little out of line IMO.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The pictures in the video from three different cameras, they didn't show any of squiggly lines. Were any captured by the other cameras? If so that would rule out the malfunctioning camera theory, IF all three captured it.

Also, has she been using the same camera since the 70's? In my experience, things break. Cameras are a bit sensitive so it would make perfect sense to have replaced it over the years. I don't know if she has or not but if she has, that would also rule out the malfunctioning equipment theory, IF both the old and new cameras have captured the squiggly lines.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Can anybody put this up on something besides megaupload? I want to watch it, but I have a Mac, and everytime I click on it, it says its a windows based video. Am I doing something wrong, or again, can someone put it up on a different video-site?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So now I've had time to sleep on my thoughts and I've been thinking about this case all morning.

She seems determined that they are trying to send us a message and one important part of the movie I think people are leaving it out is that they will show themselves to us if we're ready...

I dunno, I think that if some of us go out with an open, peaceful mind, they will make contact. It seems thats what they are trying to do.

When I find the time, I am definitely going to try to pull a yaweh and summon these "light beings"

Such a good movie.
I'm still so blown away by it...

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Great video, personally I would say she was an abductee as she is still all mixed up searching for answers implementing religious over tones to what she is experiencing.
Most of the time you do not see ET in his flying saucer but he is there watching you, I have seen myself filming in pitch black in the middle of nowhere on the hope that something will appear and seeing nothing until you play back the tape wondering where the heck that came from.

i269.photobucket.com...
i269.photobucket.com...
i269.photobucket.com...
i269.photobucket.com...

This next one is 26 lightened and you can see there is a lot more that you cannot see in the original
i269.photobucket.com...

the camera I used for these has now packed up due to old age so saving for a new one, I did splash out on a cannon camcorder and a cannon stills but when investigating a suspect ufo landing site within minutes of entering the main area both cameras packed up and never worked again but I still managed to save some film of the camcorder, anyway this woman is the real thing and what you are seeing is really there.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I seriously dont understand why nothing more has/is being done to investigate this if its truly unexplainable?
I mean its alright taking pictures and proving its actually there... but whats next step?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
I seriously dont understand why nothing more has/is being done to investigate this if its truly unexplainable?
I mean its alright taking pictures and proving its actually there... but whats next step?

i think the next step would be to place a team there and wait until they show up and start filming and actually 2 teams 1 in the field and 1 at the house with dorothy, place some equipment that is light sensitive and also some electric measurement things and lets see. i think also what would be a good idea is to bring in some paranormal people, some that can contact them and so. that would be a goood investigation.

and i think its worth it. unless the beings dont like all of this, but than again why not they have nothing do hide.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Interesting, indeed.

She's not filming raves though is she ?

Aliens or just party goers dancing with glowsticks ?

It's amazing what you can with light and film!

Not saying what she's filming isn't alien but there's alot of earthly explanations for it

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

The video file works just fine on the Mac. The original download link to the film is even in the iTunes preferred .mp4 video format.

--

It's true that the light pattern squiggles resemble the patterns people captured at Stephenville in Texas. But, some of those sightings were later found to be hoaxes.

What is up with those flashes? They look as though they are coming from the behind the camera and not from further back in the sky.

It will be interesting to see if a crew with really high-end cameras and other equipment will be able to capture anything from Mrs. Izzat's home and hopefully give researchers even more to work with.

Does anyone know if Mrs. Izzat has ever had a daytime sighting?

[edit on 7/19/2009 by synchro]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
For what ever it's worth I watched the video and thought it was interesting at the end when they were talking about the lights and how they actually mean something. That something gets triggered in us eventually, if not right away, when we see these light swirls that they make.

I was deeply moved/somewhat disturbed this morning as I was awakened
to what felt like a massive electrical shock lasting probably 30 seconds or more and got the distinct impression that 'my brain was being given a massive "upgrade" and not to be alarmed'. Easier said than done
I have been in a funk all day so far and am kind of freaked out. It was something that goes way beyond a dream and was extremely..well....shocking, no pun intended.

Not sure if the two are connected but am willing to risk ridicule in order to see if any one else had or will have the same experience. Keep in touch on this.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by soundmatrix2009
i think the next step would be to place a team there and wait until they show up and start filming and actually 2 teams 1 in the field and 1 at the house with dorothy, place some equipment that is light sensitive and also some electric measurement things and lets see. i think also what would be a good idea is to bring in some paranormal people, some that can contact them and so. that would be a goood investigation.

and i think its worth it. unless the beings dont like all of this, but than again why not they have nothing do hide.

Sounds like a good idea. The people who have researched it so far must have invested a decent amount of money, time, and effort to make sure it isnt a hoax, and that it is properly documented in terms of videos & pictures.. so why nothing further?
Surely if you were looking into this in the first place with the goal of establishing whats going on, then why leave the job unfinished?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The video is interesting. There surely are lights on the film, no one can doubt that.

Now for what they are, no one can say for sure, unless someone goes and does thorough research.

I'm leaning towards the frame stuck in camera theory, the camera is mechanical, and the squiggly lines are a result of shaking and a stuck frame, its a reasonable explanation. One must wonder why an ancient camera is still being used when most hi-tech cams are within reach with infrared sensors etc. (I heard that she still encounters the lights, so I see no reason to switch to a better one).

The video makers did a very bad job, by telling you that watching these lights on video itself will affect you or by calling the out of focus dust "orbs". That alone is enough for me to throw this video away as pure BS.

Whats with a big poster asking for donations in the end ? Who is getting the money ? Wouldn't converting the film to digital format lose all its authenticity ? Something smells here.

And the final thought : It proves nothing at all. If you rip off the hype and religious stuff, they are just lights on a dark background, no reference, no evidence and no independent observers.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by synchro
reply to post by TravisT

The video file works just fine on the Mac. The original download link to the film is even in the iTunes preferred .mp4 video format.

I figured it out. It linked me away from the video 4 times before it started the video. That's the most I have ever seen a site link me away from my original video.

Anyways, I'll be watching in just a bit.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't see anything unusual in this video. It's about someone who chases UFO's, and who has accumulated 30,000 feet of film showing them. Unfortunately, this video is little more than hype about the woman who films the stuff. There is almost nothing that shows what the woman filmed. What is shown looks just like any other footage of purported UFO's - things in the sky that don't seem to be behaving like normal aircraft, planets, weather phenomena, etc.

I am disappointed that so little footage was shown that this woman had taken.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I don't see anything unusual in this video. It's about someone who chases UFO's, and who has accumulated 30,000 feet of film showing them. Unfortunately, this video is little more than hype about the woman who films the stuff. There is almost nothing that shows what the woman filmed. What is shown looks just like any other footage of purported UFO's - things in the sky that don't seem to be behaving like normal aircraft, planets, weather phenomena, etc.

I am disappointed that so little footage was shown that this woman had taken.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join