It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capturing the Light, The Story Of Dorothy Izatt (2007)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It's fantastic to finally have some proof of the fact that 'we' (everything & everybody in the Universe and other Dimensions) are ALL beings of Light.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Interesting video, thank you for sharing.

I too believe she is genuine.

The squiggles of light remind me of that gentleman who used equipment from the television station he worked at to snag hundreds of hours of NASA transmissions over a 5 year period. The video was analyzed and the same trails of light were in the frames. Martin Stubbs, I believe was his name.

Nevertheless, great find! I rather enjoyed it. Thank-you.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by tmayhew01

Where is your 'proof' that those lights were intelligent?

Didn't she state at one point in the documentary about how she would shine a torch in various directions and the lights would follow them to her amazement? Wouldn't that be proof enough, given the circumstances? I don't know, just remembering certain parts of the doco and it stood out to me.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think it is important that we do not roll out the jump to conclusions mat just yet. No one has even had the opportunity to have this woman field ONE single question.

Wouldn't you feel just the slightest bit better about getting to have a Q&A session?

Maybe ATS could invite her to be a guest speaker and have an online presentation and then do a Q&A session where she will answer some questions we could propose for her.

I want to at least ask a couple of questions to the person who is claiming proof not only of inter dimensional beings flying in advanced craft visiting Earth but also claiming proof of the existence of a "Spirit" or a "Soul" as well as claiming proof of the existence of a God

I speak for myself when I say this but a video of swirling lights is just not enough to convince me of any of this! Regardless of how kind or sincere the claimer is.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Absolutely, a Q & A would be most welcome.

I feel it necesary to point out that for me, I believe that she is genuine. And in that, I mean she herself believes all of this to be true and is forthcoming about her experiences and videos.

Thats not to say that her geuine story gives solid undeniable proof to the existence of all of these things, but that they are very much truth to her. I wouldn`t take one claim and close the book, but it is enough to get the wheels turning. Plus her apparent motivations, or lack thereof, that in itself piques my interest.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Cross Examination

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
Maybe ATS could invite her to be a guest speaker and have an online presentation and then do a Q&A session where she will answer some questions we could propose for her.

That would indeed be a great idea...

ATS.MIX: SE03 – Dorothy Izatt and Director Frank Longo "Capturing The Light"

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

AWESOME! I am going to listen to the Q & A session right now! Thanks a lot for linking this. ATS pwns all noobs!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
There was actually supposed to be an episode of UFO Hunters on Dorothy Izatt but it never aired.

Kind of fishy is you ask me. I think either the History Channel was afraid to air the story or something even more conspiratorial is happening here.

Personally I don't think everyone is ready to really hear her whole story and accept it. I mean just look at some of the skeptics coming in here...

I think to be skeptical is fine, but to completely be blocked off is unfortunate.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted,

I took a still frame of this for everybody, because I still can't figure out what it could be (at 3:40 in the video):

Like they said in the video, it clearly looks like some sort of human/living creature.

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Amazing! This reminds me of James Gilliland, since he does almost the exact same thing. To the septics, if you don't think it's real, that's fine. Just please quit being rude to those who do know it's real, and vica versa. We're all on A.T.S. for one thing, to seek the truth. Negativity towards other human beings is not a good thing

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Alright, I just got done watching the video, and it's pretty interesting. My only question is, why don't they keep a regular camera and IR camera on their house, so they can see what it looks like with both cameras? I'll look into this more, but a stationary camera around their house seems like a no-brainer.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by StaringBack

Nice work!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

I just listened to the Dave Rabbit ATS interview. It was a good interview I will say.

I will add that Dave Rabbit seemed to carry a large amount of admitted Journalistic Bias to the interview. He stated his beliefs openly.

The questions presented gave some great insight. One ATS member asked if she was allowed to communicate with the beings and Dorothy said that yes she indeed did have open ongoing conversations with the beings.

Another member asked if she would be willing to present the beings a trade box full of items in exchange for items and she said no she would not.

She said that anyone can communicate with the beings just by "Talking" to them. She also said the beings communicate through light and telepathy.

She said that she has seen ghosts since she was 5 or 6 years old and both her mother and father also saw ghosts throughout their entire lifetimes.

She says that she asks permission to film the beings every time she films them and they grant permission.

She says the beings travel in HUGE ships with their entire families with them sometimes for GREAT distances.

She says there are a variety of different types of beings who visit her. Some of the different locations the beings come from are Orion and Taurus.

She says the beings have ALWAYS been here since time began (not sure if she means they are time travelers or they were here since the Earth was created or like a family of Gods who existed before the Universe was created).

She said the beings eat pills and small things for food.

Pretty interesting questions were asked.

Not the questions I was looking for the answers to but it was a great interview none the less.

In closing let me say that you guys should listen to the interview. It is worth your time.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Definitely something very weird is happening in those videos.
She must not be human as "Mulder" say.

Peace,
Happy

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Questioning The Answers

reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Just more information to consider. And there's much more out there to boot.

One aspect of this story that seems to get downplayed but most captures my interest is the fact that, by any reasonable standard, Dorothy Izatt is a medium or psychic in the traditional sense.

While it is reasonable to want to focus on hard, corroborated, quantifiable evidence, I also consider the "supernatural" element of the story (i.e., the role Dorothy plays in all this) to be important to keep in mind, because this isn't just a "lights in the sky" scenario.

In particular, students of "paranormal" phenomena will recognize many elements of Mrs. Izatt's experiences that correlate with other noteworthy cases, including those of famous, historic "prophetic" events. Indeed, since she claims to routinely communicate with extraterrestrial beings and claims to relay messages from them, Dorothy Izatt fits the pattern of a traditional prophet.

From my vantage point, the Curious Tale of Dorothy Izatt embodies a wide range of classic spiritual phenomena associated with saints, prophets, psychics, seers and even poltergeists.

While that may suggest to the disinterested cynic that this is all poppycock, I contend that it is the very similarity of these experiences across time, space, cultures and epochs which suggests a common, underlying cause.

Folks can argue that something isn't real if science can't explain it, but the true spirit of science is skeptical inquiry without bias or prejudice and acceptance of observable, empirical and measurable evidence even if it may conflict with our established beliefs.

In fact, especially if it conflicts with our established beliefs.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I posted last night on page 3 and now I'm on page 8. I'm normally not a skeptic, but in this case, everyone's posts have made me even more skeptical.

1/ As I mentionned before, they should have shown proof that J. Allen Hynek investigated the case; their saying so doesn't make it so.

2/ They say these things appear on 3 different cameras, yet they offer no evidence that any of the film they show actually comes from 3 different cameras. It could all be from the same; they show no evidence that that isn't the case.

3/ As many people mentionned, why doesn't she use a modern camera? Exactly, why not? In the 80's she should have gone betamax or VHS and now she should be hi-def digital. Or perhaps she could have gone one better in this case and got a 35 mm. You'd think these people who have been working with her all these years could have supplied her with one. Yet she keeps the same camera. A camera malfunction is what made Georges Méliès discover how to double expose film and make incredible effects. Getting stuck on one frame per second is not inconceivable. Considering it's a Super 8 which was already old at the time she first started using it, it's not even unlikely.

4/ Read these pages; how many good suggestions have been made by members here who are not formal investigators? Why haven't any of the people that have been working with her all these years thought about this? Especially when they are supposedly formal investigators?

5/ I've said it and others have said it; she mentions that these beings were in a situation very similar to ours and they are trying to help us make things better. Why spend 30 years on a woman who is not getting attention? If they had been in a situation similar to ours, they would know they are on the right track. For those who say that we can't figure out how they would think, I believe you should start thinking.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The video doesn't play. It just posts a click-ad. That's a horrible web site.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
...the scene where the ship appears behind the ladies shoulder just as she moves to make room for it looks awfully staged.

if she can talk to them...and film them...then..erm..wheres the film?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Bravo, your thought and writing process is tremendous, I truly admire the depth of clarity you are able bring forth in your posts. I agree with all of your points, especially concerning the supernatural (to use a flawed term) aspects of all of this. It seems like many people have been quick to accept that something unexplained is going on with the hard evidence, but then easily dismiss the more fantastic aspects of here experiences; throwing the proverbial baby out with the bath water.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I am deeply saddened that people are taking this garbage seriously. Come on people, this woman has taken films of LIGHTS SQUIGGLING AROUND. Guess what, I can do the exact same thing - stop a camera with the aperature open, and wiggle it around a bit before firing it up again. People are actually looking at these frames where several light sources are tracing around in the exact same pattern and seeing something paranormal? I thought we were beyond this stuff. Oh, and please spare me the "look at the cinematograper raving about how it must be real" garbage, any child can re-create a single frame wiggling around by stopping the feed on a film camera.

There was exactly zero scientific pursuit in this film, instead they gobbled up all her religious baloney and everyone sat there nodding at how amazing it was that she is capturing all these things on her camera. It quite literally made me ill to watch.

If this is any indication of what people are willing to believe then I am seriously going to be dropping my expectations of the skeptical capabilities of people on this forum. There are LIGHTS SQUIGGLING people. Step back and have a good look at these 'amazing stills' she has plastered all over her house.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join