It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capturing the Light, The Story Of Dorothy Izatt (2007)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The "light squiggles" remind me of the footage from the Stephensville Texas sighting awhile ago.
What I found really extrodinary was her footage of the still photo on her wall. Like it continues to resonate.....sort of holographic?
I wonder if she used a digital camera if then everyone would just dismiss it as cgi hoax. Maybe the low tech 8mm gives more credibility?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
As is often the case, it seems more of a occultic or even demonological event than some advanced alien technology. She has voices speaking in her head and she sees lights and the spirit is passed on to her children. That's classic occult phenomenon.

Usually when this happens you can also pinpoint the spiritual compromise that opens the door to these manifestations. In her case it is far from obvious, but I think it is likely her Roman catholic upbringing. The old Roman church incorporated a lot of pagan rituals including various forms of idolatry and goddess worship.

We are going to see a lot more of this kind of deception in the coming years.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Checking ATS before bed, found this.

What an excellent bed time story, thank you.

P.S.
Starred and flagged!

Peace,
FK

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
As is often the case, it seems more of a occultic or even demonological event than some advanced alien technology. She has voices speaking in her head and she sees lights and the spirit is passed on to her children. That's classic occult phenomenon.

Usually when this happens you can also pinpoint the spiritual compromise that opens the door to these manifestations. In her case it is far from obvious, but I think it is likely her Roman catholic upbringing. The old Roman church incorporated a lot of pagan rituals including various forms of idolatry and goddess worship.

We are going to see a lot more of this kind of deception in the coming years.

Here come the Jesus freaks!!!... I don't even know why you watched it , You people are so brainwashed it's sad. I'm sorry , your ignorance upset me. It is not my place to judge and I'm sure you have your reasons and life experience for thinking that way. If you'll excuse me I'm off to the lake of fire to center myself.

Edit to guess your background... I'll take born again for $500 Alex.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by EyesWideShut]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThInGS Ar3 NoT WHaT Th3y

Thanks for that. I am downloading now to have a look and see all the hype. Fingers crossed

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
That was amazing!

Thank you so much for posting this, even if it was a repost, I have never seen it.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
---SPOILER ALERT---(if you have not watched the film yet fair warning)

Well I have to ask some questions here.

If she indeed did have and CURRENTLY has some type of face to face Pow Wow and mental U2U's with what she describes as "Inter Dimensional beings" why can she not film THAT event?

Why can she not gets some shots of the beings themselves inside of her room when they visit her?

Why do the craft not land and just seem to Zip around up in the sky?

Why would Inter Dimensional beings only fly up at the Half Mile mark and never get close enough to capture a really in depth image of the craft and the beings operating the craft?

If the beings are indeed messengers of God as she also seems to imply with her statement at the 20:37 mark in the film

"It's nothing to do just with UFO's. The light's on my film are the same light's that's been showered down all the time on us from the Creator Himself."

As Captain Kirk says in Star Trek 5 "What does God need with a Starship?".

What would a God need with a inter dimensional vehicle?

She also goes on to say that

"It's because of this light that it gives us this knowledge, this feeling inside that we are born with. Who we were before we even took on an Earthly form. We are all beings of light."

If I am understanding her correctly she is implying some type of Light Soul that lives inside everyone that makes you who you are before you are born and enters your body in some way?

But none of this information can be documented being talked about from the light beings on film?

If the light being God messengers have inter dimensional FAR advanced technology and vehicles and understand the human language well enough to directly communicate with this woman and are SO concerned about the future of Earths survival as she goes on to say would it not ALSO be important to note that they would be able to understand our recording methods and the importance of getting a message of this caliber on film?

"Take me to your leader" type of deal?

"We need to get a message to every member of this dimensions Earth!"?

Rather than "Hey Grandma you are Earths only hope. Spread our message without us giving you any proof or evidence regarding the utter importance of the message."

Just some questions from an honest observer.

Only swirly lights far enough away to never de able to be examined closely?

[edit on 18-7-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
That is some of the best footage I've ever seen. Her story is very intriguing, especially the message she received from the ET's. Too bad my minutes ran out, now I have to wait to see the rest. Good stuff though

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

I concur. This is nothing more than a glorified "lights in the night sky" video. I suspect a clever hoax more than anything. I saw nothing definitive in that film.
Indistinct lights on a pitch black background and flashes of light do not constitute 'smoking gun' evidence by a long shot. Sorry to the sheep who buy this horse crap.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by johnnyflip]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
hmmm
kinda reminds me of this type of thing...

www.youtube.com...

by Len Lye in 1958.

all the people in that film seem very impressed by her footage...
interesting

[edit on 19-7-2009 by the_weirdness]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ThInGS Ar3 NoT WHaT Th3y

This was an awsome video. Thank you so very much for sharing it.
Magantice

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

reply to post by johnnyflip

I will respond to you both because I believe the two of you represent the two ends of the skeptic spectrum. On one hand we have TurkeyBurgers asking well thought out questions, acting with a good level of maturity, and most importantly, conducting himself with decorum.

On the other, we have have johnnyflip who "suspects a clever hoax", yet asks no questions, and gives no insight as to why he suspects a hoax. He concludes by insulting any people who happen to think there is a legitimate phenomena involved here.

I believe that she is telling the truth, what I found interesting were her comments on innocence and how our reality affects our perception, how when the phenomena began it was basically benign, but when the pastor called her and told her it was from the devil, she began contemplating whether this phenomena was evil and "a lot of nasty things did happen, sometimes I'll turn the lights on and you can see them scooting on, squidding into the corners of the wall."

I would love to be able to talk with this woman and ask her many more questions about her experience, I'm glad that she didn't let religious dogma ruin a very miraculous and special thing.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The lights could be a clever hoax or a cheap camera, no doubt. And they could be real. My doubts about her story are:

first, as someone above mentionned, she states that these beings want to let us know that we're causing problems, yet they waste 30 years with her rather than giving a wide, clear message;

second, she mentions that the beings would be inside, cowering in a corner of the room; why didn't she ever film any of that?

third, if she really did meet with J. Allen Hynek, he would definitely have notes from this in his archives, and I believe the producers of this video would have researched this and would be eager to show them. It just sounds like they're throwing out a well-respected name who can't deny it.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I know nobody wants to debunk a sweet old lady. But this is one of hundreds of inspirational tapes that have been doing the rounds for 15 maybe 20 years.

From the pre-Internet days when this stuff was mail order or sold through religious centres.

Always slickly packaged, most often from California or the Bible Belt.

I'll giver her the benefit of a doubt and say she is a benign fraud or just batty.

But no UFOs.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

This whole case rests on the fact that individual frames interspersed throughout film footage taken of bright lights show dazzling "scribblings" of light. Dorothy interprets these scribblings as messages from aliens.

The problem here is that these "scribblings" look pretty much like time exposures of lights taken with a handheld (shaky) camera. The impression I get when looking at these is that the film advance mechanism in her camera is faulty and, every once in a while, a single frame is immobilized in the camera for a few seconds. This results in an unintentional time exposure on that single frame. Since the camera is handheld, camera shake alone draws these patterns of light.

That was my theory of course and only a theory until a test was discreetly conducted by a CBC crew during a segment on Mrs Izatt on a show called "On the road again". During that taping, they simply asked Dorothy to shoot film footage of regular scenery and of her grand children using the same camera she used to record those patterns of light. Sure enough, when the film was processed, flashes of light occurred in the same frequency as on her "UFO" videos. However, in this case, the frames with the "flashes" were actually completely washed out (totally overexposed).

What this means is simply that the same technical problem was occurring with her camera in the daytime but since the amount of light coming into the camera during the unintentional time exposure was much greater because of daylight, it caused the film to be totally overexposed instead of registering a single point of light as a scribble as it would do at night.

This was conclusive evidence, not that Dorothy was faking this effect, but that she misinterpreted the cause of this effect. This does not detract from the fact that some of her film footage does show unusual moving lights in the sky. But the single film frames showing the light patterns should be discounted as they can be attributed to a faulty camera. I do know that claims were made to the effect that she got the same results using two other cameras, but this has never been substantiated. What HAS been verified is that the main camera she used to get these results exhibits the same characteristics even when she is shooting footage of her grandchildren playing on the lawn.

The rest of her images are so blurry that a lot of imagination is required to try and make sense of them. That is why in most cases, an artist's impression accompanies her pictures, so we can be made to see what she would like us to see in those pictures.

M

[edit on 19-7-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
i'm new to ats. i've actually "lurked" here for quite sometime but i thought i'd start noting my opinion and contribute to the convos here.

hello !

i didn't see anyone mention it but the "spacecraft" that is in the background of the daughters interview reminds me a lot of the turkish security guard vids of which i thought were genuine. these are the saucer type craft with the notch in the middle edge for a "cockpit" of sorts. i think dorothy mentions it during her interview as well.

all in all, this i believe is the real dealio.

regarding the lights/orbs : i would like to see some more recent films with a better and faster camera but i'm pretty sure they are real. not sure if they are "scouts" or the actual saucer and just farther away.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Now that explanation, the film stopping on a frame for a few seconds, makes perfect sense. Anybody who has studied film know this. Double exposure, triple exposure, etc does strange things; just watch Georges Méliès's films... Case closed, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

this makes sense about the "tracers". i think they focused on this a bit much and i kind've thought there might be an explanation for these specifically hence why i thought some more recent film with a better and faster camera would be nice.

i still however think these to be legitimate ufo's if not alien saucerage.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

"Dorothy interprets these scribblings as messages from aliens."

This is not what is happening at all. She is claiming to have a close encounter of the Third Kind DIRECT contact where the beings actually were in some part physically present inside of her bedroom or in her head during meditation making statements to her. I am not sure if she is allowed to communicate back or not or even how many times she claims to have had established direct contact.

EDIT TO ADD-you are right after further review she does indeed ALSO claim that they ships are spelling out her name in the sky and showed a picture of the frame where they do kind of with very terrible cursive.

"Sure enough, when the film was processed, flashes of light occurred in the same frequency as on her "UFO" videos."

Again I have to correct this statement. She used not one but THREE different cameras and captured nearly identical images on all three cameras and provided the film for all of the three cameras as was shown in OP's film.

The film is interesting.

If I were to say yes these could possibly be vehicles of some sort WHY would the vehicles continue to move around so very fast like that?

How would moving around very rapidly be beneficial to either Inter Dimensional Travel or Anti Gravitational Propulsion?

Is it like some sort of Improbability drive where every position near the craft is filled all at the same time?

Is it some feedback from the Dimension these travelers could possibly come from where they exist in a Universe where time moves differently than it does here and they have to slow themselves down in order to travel here?

Is it a defense mechanism in case a weapon is launched against them?

Is it that they are indeed attempting to draw a message in the sky with lights like a crop circle?

Is it because that is just how it appears when they are filmed?

Or is it because she is faking it?

If she IS faking it what does she have to gain? She looks relatively wealthy already with a VERY LARGE apparently loving and accepting family.

She does not look like she is strapped for cash.

She does not look like a religious fundamentalist.

She seems like she could only LOSE from attempting to fake something like this. Lose the respect of her husband, children and grandchildren as well as in laws.

Anyways more unanswered questions than answered questions.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
In the 90s, Dorothy Izatt gave Martyn Stubbs her 1st. UFO films & pics, for a tribute to UFOBC founder John Magor (for cable access TV). These are the frame captures from her super 8
The Izatt Phenomenon: UFOs move at 1/24th. of a second

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
What lends the credibility to this is the sincerity of which the people around her re-act. Also as a trained actor myself I can smell acting experience. The people in her family believe and she is matter of fact without trying to be insistent. She seems as much taken aback by her being chosen as anyone else.

My vote for 1st and 3rd hand experiences feel real to them, and they deliver their sides of the story as if it's a phenomena they can't explain.

Footage can be faked, actors as good as them should be famous by now. Since I haven't seen the Izzat's in sundance festival or day-time soaps, it's real to them and real to me by way of how they believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join