It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs...Skepticism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What are your opinions on Orbs? I don't believe in them. They could easily be caused by dust or other particles floating in the air reflecting the light from the flash back to the camera.I think ghost hunters just started this orb phonomena because they did not want to leave there quest to get a glimpse of the supernatural empty handed.However, this does not mean I don't believe in ghosts.

Any thoughts?

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by Technical]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Orbs are bunk, we know.

Anyone who has done much digital photography (especially in dusty environments) is well aware of this.

EDIT: Not always digital photography btw, but any imaging where the flash is close to the camera lens.

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by Kano]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Here you go my friiend..Orbs Galore

Not snow (I live in Tampa)..not bugs...

but it is natural

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Orbs are bunk? Speak for yourself, tough guy.

Out of all of my orb photographs, I'd say 99% are caused by particles in the air being lit up by the flash (this primarily applies to digital cameras). There is, however, 1% that I believe to be 'the real deal'. Ghosthunters did not 'create' the orb phenomenon, digital-camera use escalated and the orbs showed up more frequently because of this.

Forget still pictures of orbs, how about explaining some of the infrared footage of 'orb-like' images zooming around? Kano himself has viewed some of this footage, as I linked it to him in chat, and I don't remember him screaming the words, "Orbs are bunk".

Take a look at some infrared footage for yourself. www.ghostpix.com... You can run a google search for "infrared ghost footage" and view more videos.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
hmmm... intresting links, but im still a little skeptical, what are these orbs meant to represent anyways?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Experienced photographers have managed to duplicate them exactly. They're sometimes bugs, sometimes lens flares, sometimes dust, etc.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
What sets the 1% apart though Bangin?

(Referring to still images of course)

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hi everyone!
This is my first post so go easy on me please!! I think an orb is supposed to be the earliest stage in the appearance of a ghost. Its the lowest amount of energy which is given out by the ghost and the orbs vary in size and shape as far as what i can gather. I hope that helps with a previous post's question

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Awww come on folks humor me....I'll give 1000 points (if a moderator can do that) to who ever tells me what my orbs are. I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ just want to see who gets it...not bugs..not dust..not snow

not stars....

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Your orbs almost look like the southern cross.... complete with the pointer stars! But missing one of the arms of the cross. Hmmmmmmmmm...... don't know why they are yellow, though.....

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I am guessing netstorm...
guess #1 your ORBS are ash and sparks from a campfire, or other fire?

guess #2 the stars AND playfull UFO's?

guess #3...Polun fluff from some tree or bush?

Who we NEED on this thread is Gilslebertus.......so I have tossed him a link via Email and we can HOPE he shows up......
he is a video and film teacher, who in his spare time is a genuine ghostbuster.....Just in the last month he captured ORBS via 2 DIFFERANT cameras positioned differantly and the ORBS were presenting in the same area of the building in both cameras.....
there IS a site where some of his other ORB photos can be viewed.....the film from the Boothbay Opera house is amazing...
see @ Maine Paranormal research assc. (MPRA)...check out the Opra house stuff on the lower part of the page....PLEASE forgive my ignorance of HOW to throw down a link....

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I tend to believe that Orbs are Chakras.. I've seen then line up in ectos in a couple of my investigations.
At a recent one we had two digital cameras set about 6 feet apart sinced to shot photos at the same time. We got orbs in the same location on both cameras.
That, I would think discards the Dust particle in front of the lens theory since dust particals show up within a 4 foot distance of the lens due to focal length.
I do feel that the vast majority of things people say are orbs are dust... but on our investigation we only got orbs in one room... nothing was moving in the room to raise dust and we has two cameras pic up the same object.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Netstorm.....

guess #4....ocean spray?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
What sets the 1% apart though Bangin?

(Referring to still images of course)

That 1% has a 'trail' behind the orb which indicates rapid movement, and dust particles shouldn't exhibit such motion in a still picture.

Here's a link from fuji on photographs with orbs present. home.fujifilm.com...

Clearly there's an issue with dust particles and the flash causing orbs. That doesn't mean it explains all photographs and video footage.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Netstorm.....

guess #4....ocean spray?

Sorry I am not near the ocean...but warmer

I still don't know if the mods will transfer the 1000 points to the winner

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This one will give it away I am sure...but I wanted to quote Bangin

"That 1% has a 'trail' behind the orb which indicates rapid movement, and dust particles shouldn't exhibit such motion in a still picture."

Remember...not dust..bugs snow fire stars ...........these have a trail........

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Is it Rain?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Is it Rain?

Soooooooooooo close......but no, it's not rain.

Man I hope the mods will let me transfer the points..

Whatcha say Oh Supreme Moderators is it a possibilty?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hail then.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Oh, wait, you live in Florida, one of the Bush girls just sneezed after doing a line of coke in the back of her boyfriends pickup.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join