It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Squids Invade San Diego 7/16 - looked at History - correlation to Huge Quakes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

You do raise good points but do not get upset and defensive when people ask questions or poke holes in your theories by offering other explanations which are backed by years of scientific study & research.

This is afterall a forum for discussing and looking at more than 1 idea

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Exactly!! You said it PERFECTLY!!

Looking at MORE THAN ONE IDEA - of WHY something is happening - here at ATS!! I could not agree with you more.

Also, please see - my replies were not defensive - they stated - that we all have our different opinions - and ALL opinions are valid - because that is the own person's belief.

I also stated - in defending myself - that the OP is my OWN opinion - through my own research - and YOUR opinion is your OWN - and that is OK.

Everyone's OWN opinion is valid - it is what they look at themselves and the way they look at events. My way happens to be different from your way - that is totally cool!

OH - thanks - for saying I have good points - I appreciate that!

[edit on 17-7-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

If you're not being defensive then I apologise, implications from text can be quite difficult to judge at times and I assumed from your prose you were on the defensive but I see from your other posts that it's just standard prose for you.

I look forward to reading and debating more of your interesting theories in future

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Another outstanding piece of work. Good job, Questioningall!

The premise that the "lesser" creatures among us can be indicators of earth events is in its infancy. It is researchers/ observers, such as you, that will bring this branch of science to the "main".
We creatures each react differently to stimuli, some are more sensitive than others. I can not say with certainty that the "beaching" phenomena are related to quakes, or volcanism, but the correlations are suggestive. Whether this posting of the squid is a reflection of the recent NZ area quake, or an indication of what may happen, it is interesting none the less. There may be another, entirely unrelated, cause. I am not sorry that I can not offer another.

A correlation has been made that agrees with my general point of view.
Consciously, or not, when I hear of a quake, I hear of a abnormality in sea life. (Not sure of memory, but I recall a pod of whales deemed to be "off course", or acting rather strangely, within the last week, or so.)

Some day we will get it figured out, just like rain forecasting.

All of the scientific equipment available to the weathermen, and you'd think that they could more accurate. Well, they would be, if they watched the ANTS!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by opal13

I know, I read about the shark beaching itself - Big one too - 24 feet.

But I was not able to find other beachings in the area that would say something in the ocean caused the shark to want to get out of the water.

I do searches on beachings and what is occurring with the sea animal life, I looked at the shark beaching with curiosity - and because whales are ones who seem to beach themselves before quakes.

There is DEFINITELY a history of whale beachings BEFORE quakes happen - though scientist and others still refuse to look at them being precursors.

The shark - I am on the fence with - there were no other occurances to show something (earth movement) would be happening in the Atlantic area and again sharks do not seem to be natural precursors to quakes happening, by beaching themselves.

But it has been something, I have been keeping an eye on - because it is so unusual for a shark to beach.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by questioningall]

Yeah, I just threw that in there cause it is so rare, but there have been only two or three very very small quakes showing on the east coast, and I would worry more if there were several instead of one.

But, I'm just going to keep my eye on the west coast, which is where things are happening. Granted, its always active over there, but I think most animal life is used to the constant rumbling so they would act strangely if something bigger were occuring. I am thinking that when something happens out there it will be sooner than anyone expects, but hopefully not. I'm also keeping an eye on the situation in Alaska (lifting ground and black ooze - totally different topic) as well being it is all on the same coast.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

yes, some very ODD things are happening in Alaska - keeping an eye on the Pacific right now - is an interesting hobby.

Between record volcanoes becoming restless and the VERY large amount of quakes just this month alone happening - I believe we are going to see lots more activity in the Pacific before the month is finished.

Look around the 21st for the biggest events - due to eclipse - super moon and high tides - all those mixed together - brings possible events.

I will be constantly checking on sea animal behaviors.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Invasion and suicide? Pretty anthropomorthic analysis of a squid's behavior.

Could there be a tie? sure. But keep in mind it is REALLY POOR science to extrapolate a result from a correlation. It should never be done because it doesn't work.

Here's a nice correlation for you:

As the number of churches in a town increases, the number of bars increase as well. Do churches cause people to drink? Looks like it...
[actually it's more likely the population increase]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

Very interesting type analogy, you came up with. But the problem is it does not even come close to these type events.

Due to the fact - people have choices in the matter of church and bars. But - if people were being affected by very loud screeches or something happening where they live - wouldn't they then want to move? Wouldn't what was going around them in noise and bothering the way they live (oh say someone lives next to a noisy bar) then maybe they would want to get away from it.

I have found - what I personally believe are correlations to sea animal events of ocean earth movement events.

I also question all iof it in the OP - I think it is worth looking deeper into, since one event happened after another. Causes/effects - law of nature.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ahh more doom & gloom ahead, Im so glad.

Scientists probably laugh at the idea because it doesnt occur enough to be considered an early warning sign. And there's no sense implying that these events are predicting earthquakes, because then everytime a whale/jellyfish or any other marine animal washed up on the beach you'd get people fleeing the area thinking they were about to get ended by a huge earthquake.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Wow - to say this thread is doom and gloom - bewilders me!!

How is it - that someone looks at animals and events happening and trying to put some puzzle pieces together - then that is doom and gloom?

Gosh - I guess it is best for some to just read comics - because to me looking at what sea animals do and then researching what type ocean occurances happen afterwards to see if there is any correlation - is not doom and gloom.

I am still shaking my head - with the thought anyone thinks this is some doom and gloom thread!! Wow- you really almost have be speechless - one of the very few times in my life!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

When its negative events include things about huge earthquakes, jellyfish suicide.. oh and invasion, then yea its doom & gloom.

Maybe the jellyfish just wanted to come say hello to us?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I think you did a great job puting the post together, and a lot of great links added from your research. Very interesting, regardless of scientists laughing at it and Disco Fever's pecking... I hope this thread grows.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

UHHH, you obviously did not read the thread. LOL

You are saying Jellyfish - SO that means - you did not read the OP - and are making some assumptions due to the title, which you did not read right.

So, knowing that - I am not in the least concerned in your thinking it is "doom and gloom" compared to looking at things in a different way.

I certainly wish there was a group that looked at these events closely and connected dots in a way that people can benefit from - through research.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

A jellyfish and a squid is all the same to me... I did actually read all of the post, wouldnt have posted anything if I hadnt

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

What this means is that there is rapid spreading of the sea floor. The squid are coming up because of the vents. They are not causing the the quakes...

Animals always go nuts before and during earthquakes. The magma is also magnetically charged remember and this is messing with their sensory organs, hence attacks.

My take at least.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

I certainly wish there was a group that looked at these events closely and connected dots in a way that people can benefit from - through research.

I'll go down to the water and take a look for you, but I am not jumping in with them unless flipper be my guide, or I could always ride in the breakers....they are just so.....WoooW....ugly and scary looking.

I'll see what I can find locally.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well this confusion between jellyfish and squid...Maybe that crop circle is not a jelly fish but a squid with a blown head from,not sound,but pressure?PS Squid don't have ears do they?But they're going up into the upper ocean to feed each day and back down.Maybe the body part that regulates this is affected by pressure waves.If I were looking for a likely candidate for an animal to closely watch in this regard,these would be them.Terrence spoke highly of octopii,I'm gonna look up squid and lominescence...
Check ...there's a lot of info about giant squid of a different latin name,so in a very understudied animal,I'd hazard a guess that these are advanced creatures who communicate by visual clues.Maybe they are making the crop circles..Ha Ha
[edit on 18-7-2009 by trueforger]

[edit on 18-7-2009 by trueforger]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

It's fair enough if you aren't really aware of the difference between the two. Not everyone is interested in animals. However they are two very different animals as a squid has a brain while a jellyfish does not. A squid can be scared by something and ''run'' away whilst a jellyfish just goes where the currents take it.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Curious questioningall. I wonder if it has anything to do with ...

Magnitude 7.6 - OFF WEST COAST OF THE SOUTH ISLAND, N.Z.

www.iris.edu...
and this...
news.aol.com...|aimzones|dl1|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Ftremors-de tected-on-san-andreas-fault%2F564374
and this...

3.1 2009/07/13 21:14:22 33.928N 118.359W 15.9 1 km ( 1 mi) S of Lennox, CA

quake.usgs.gov...

i dont see how , both events where on the oppisit side of the world from each other.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Maybe that's because you're not a giant squid.Sound waves travel much further underwater,who knows what they sense?Worth watching.Don't freak out.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join