It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything you are excited about right now? What makes "you" happy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I write this thread right now as all I see at this very moment on this sites topics are swine flu, NWO, suicides, people being accused of containing poo in there genetic make up, death, assassinations, surveillance, bombings, wars, people lost asking about the meaning of life, complaints about the Mods, kidnappings, hell, Illuminati, education and some regret about things that have been done in the form of an essay.

I dont know if this is an all time high here or an all time low. I guess that does come down to perception at the end of the day but I ask one question to whoever reads this right now.

Do you have anything that you are excited about, if you are not then why are you not?

I simply want to know if you are not smiling then why are you not smiling?

What makes you happy?

[edit on 16-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

My children are happy and healthy.
Who would ask for more?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking04

Is that a half smirk?

Just asking or does that make you feel happy?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
My life is going good, I have a lot to smile about. My wife just got pregnant again (This'll be our second baby, we already have a daughter), I just got my dream job..etc,etc. But then again there is so much bad stuff going on in the world and less fortunate people its hard not to be depressed about it or worry about it.

But I'm basically happy as long as my children and wife are happy, healthy and safe, which they are.

Peace

[edit on 17-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
My life is going good, I have a lot to smile about. My wife just got pregnant again, I just got my dream job..etc,etc. But then again there is so much bad stuff going on in the world and less fortunate people its hard not to be depressed about it or worry about it.

Peace

Thats good news

Despite this happening your not happy, doesnt that make you wonder?

What would make you specifically, happy?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'm happy, yet extremely concerned with the unemployment numbers and the fact that misguided, mis-informed, uneducated Liberals have taken' over this country; and they're destroying it! Although I have many reasons to be happy, I also have many reasons to be concerned... especially since I have kids who will be looking for a job in a few years and the fact that the Anointed One paints a bleak picture for employment. But as you say, there is alwyas something to be happy about... or one ends up being a malcontent and or allows too many people to live in his head. And right now, I'm happy to respond to a fellow ATS'er who took the time to post this question. Thank you sir... hope you get some great replys!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LunarLooney1
I'm happy, yet extremely concerned with the unemployment numbers and the fact that misguided, mis-informed, uneducated Liberals have taken' over this country; and they're destroying it! Although I have many reasons to be happy, I also have many reasons to be concerned... especially since I have kids who will be looking for a job in a few years and the fact that the Anointed One paints a bleak picture for employment. But as you say, there is alwyas something to be happy about... or one ends up being a malcontent and or allows too many people to live in his head. And right now, I'm happy to respond to a fellow ATS'er who took the time to post this question. Thank you sir... hope you get some great replys!

Well your avater certainly looks happy

What is happiness though, for you?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Happiness for me is knowing my children are safe and I have the opportunity to play with them. What really makes me happy is making my family and others happy... making others laugh; and helping others in need. Sharing makes me happy... giving makes me happy. I wake up every day happy to be alive. People make me happy when they're doing okay and I don't have to worry about them. My dear uncle died a few weeks ago from Pancriotic Cancer and I'm happy to have had many great memories with him; and I'm happy to think that it is possible that we'll meet again. Making someone smile or cry from joy makes me happy; and playing my drums makes me happy. Writing to you right now is making me happy because you seem like a fine gentleman. I don't have much in the way of toys so to speak, but I'm grateful to have what I do have... I'm thankful.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Connecting back to those I was scattered from. Realizing things break down as far as they build up. Seeing things for what they are, not what they are not. Remembering to forget....

"These are a few of my favorite things..."

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LunarLooney1

Someone told me my avater was the bomb... I'm thinking that may be a good thing? Thank you for the compliment

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LunarLooney1
reply to post by XXXN3O

Happiness for me is knowing my children are safe and I have the opportunity to play with them. What really makes me happy is making my family and others happy... making others laugh; and helping others in need. Sharing makes me happy... giving makes me happy. I wake up every day happy to be alive. People make me happy when they're doing okay and I don't have to worry about them. My dear uncle died a few weeks ago from Pancriotic Cancer and I'm happy to have had many great memories with him; and I'm happy to think that it is possible that we'll meet again. Making someone smile or cry from joy makes me happy; and playing my drums makes me happy. Writing to you right now is making me happy because you seem like a fine gentleman. I don't have much in the way of toys so to speak, but I'm grateful to have what I do have... I'm thankful.

Your post made me smile, thanks.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I have suffered as do we all but only for a time.

Look at your post, I dont know you but does that remind you of the way a certain someone would look at you?

You are one of the very few people who can really answer what happiness to themselves is like you just did if you that makes sense. What every parent should be.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'm excited about something, but I can't tell what it is.
(not that I don't want to tell, but that I don't know what it is.)

I have to admit a little trepidation, but that's a different thread.

Things really aren't that bad...I'm pretty excited about it being Friday tomorrow.

Do you think it would be wrong to be excited about all of the negative changes in the world? I can't explain it, but it seems like we're gonna see something, and I'm not scared about it. I'm looking forward to change and growth...is it nuts?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Is that a half smirk?

I am deadly serious. I wonder why you would think that it was a 'half-smirk'. If you have children, and if you know anyone who has lost a child, or has lived through a badly ill child, you would know that having happy, healthy children is something for which one should be happy/thankful/content.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking04

Is that a half smirk?

I am deadly serious. I wonder why you would think that it was a 'half-smirk'. If you have children, and if you know anyone who has lost a child, or has lived through a badly ill child, you would know that having happy, healthy children is something for which one should be happy/thankful/content.

I am saying is that a half happy or a not so happy in other words when it comes to how you feel in life.

Im Scottish, sometimes I might be misunderstood at times the way I write as it can be sarcastic in the slightest.

Its not an offensive thing towards you. Sorry.

I agree with you 100% which was the point I was trying to make. I am actually complimenting you.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Thank you! And it is a short time indeed as you so stated... time does heel wounds and leaves the door open for us to smile again and carry on for others who need us. Take care my friend and thanks for making me happy; and for putting a smile on my face as well... it's what truly makes the world go round!
David

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
I'm excited about something, but I can't tell what it is.
(not that I don't want to tell, but that I don't know what it is.)

I have to admit a little trepidation, but that's a different thread.

Things really aren't that bad...I'm pretty excited about it being Friday tomorrow.

Do you think it would be wrong to be excited about all of the negative changes in the world? I can't explain it, but it seems like we're gonna see something, and I'm not scared about it. I'm looking forward to change and growth...is it nuts?

Is that happiness though, waiting for tomorrow to come?

Im just wondering what makes you happy?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
reply to post by XXXN3O

Connecting back to those I was scattered from. Realizing things break down as far as they build up. Seeing things for what they are, not what they are not. Remembering to forget....

"These are a few of my favorite things..."

Music to the ears.

Ears to the music.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Is that happiness though, waiting for tomorrow to come?

Im just wondering what makes you happy?

Boy, that's the thirty million dollar question.

I've struggled a really long time trying to figure out what 'happy' is and whether or not I have it.

I know it's lame, and maybe depressing, but I came to the conclusion a while back that if I wasn't upset about something, mad, sad, whatever, then I must be 'happy.'

But to be completely honest, I'm not even sure I know what it means to be happy.

There are a lot of things I am thankful for, a lot of things I enjoy. The company of my family, good conversations with friends, the aftermath of struggles...I like for difficult things to be over...but does any of that MAKE me happy? I'm sure someone will chime in eventually and say that happiness is an inside job and that things external to yourself can't really make you happy.

I wish I knew what I believe about that.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
A summer of drinking rum and watching cricket, then the big one- Birmingham City Vs Aston Villa on September 13th, followed by a year in Canada; first time on my own on the other side of the world!

I got awarded 2:1 in English literature from Uni yesterday, and even though job prospects are slim and i've got about £20,000 worth of student debt to pay off i am in a very positive, excited mood at the moment. A world of opportunity lies before me.

So, yes, there is a lot i'm excited about right now!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

No offense taken. I will extend my comments, if I may. We are currently finishing a new house. I was 'stimulated' from the workplace several months ago. I am looking for work, and with all that is going on, there would be room for much worry, depression, even fear. However, this has been the best summer of my life. My children are 4 and 5. When I was working, I was away from home 11.5-12 hours a day on average. I have been able to spend time with them. We have been able to go to the local science museum. We have been able to go swimming. Throughout this same time, a young couple that I know (I am in my early 40's) have been dealing with a newborn with a serious cardiac condition. Frankly, the child has little hope, medically. He has spent far more days in pediatric intensive care than in his own home.

My daughter now swims like an eel. The son is coming along, and he can swim well enough to not drown were he to fall into the lake. I do not know what tomorrow will bring. I see where a perfectly healthy 6 year old girl died in 48 hours from the flu. There are wars and rumors of war. The economy is in a 'bit' of a mess. However. today, the kids are happy, healthy, and we are together. I thank God for that. They are my two little treasures, and I will remember this summer most fondly. Were I still working, I would not have had this opportunity to spend wonderful days with them, and they with me. For Memorial Day, I took them with me to decorate the graves in our church cemetery. (I know, the whole Memorial Day/Veterans Day, but this is what the church wanted.) We were able to talk about what the men did. (One of them was their great-great-uncle who was killed in Southern France w/ the the 36th Infantry Division Five days before Christmas 1944.) We have walked through the woods surrounding our new house. I have been able to show them how to identify trees, how to identify tracks, and suchlike. I was able to take them to the jobsite to put their handprints into concrete. There are many, many other things, far too many to list, but in total, they have made this my best summer. That may seem corny, but it is true.

I am very happy, and very thankful for today, and for yesterday. That gives me hope for tomorrow.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join