It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything you are excited about right now? What makes "you" happy?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The word "puddle". My daughters antics, her imagination and inspiration. The impending changes in the world regarding space and our exploration of it. Riding motorcycles. Pulling off a great sniper shot in Halo 3. Watching old movies, CE3rd Kind, Goonies etc. Seeing families playing together. Old people, they are great.

Mixed bag I suppose, and just a few things off the top of my head, sorry for it's sporadity (is that even a word?).

Good thread, a refreshing change, nice one my celtic friend, watch out for the neds!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Absolutely. I think people are way too sensitive and scared at the moment. I never pay any heed to 2012, Swine Flu, doomsday, apocalypse...blah blah blah

I am alive...I am not feeble...thus life is good because I can experience

Don't see what there is to be so unhappy about. I keep my money safe and stay well within my means, thus this economic slowdown hasn't touched me. I try to stay healthy and wash frequently so the whole swine flu deal doesn't frighten me. I think every doomsday scenario is a total crock where math is invented to suit a need. I never have been abused by the police despite a few times that I was an absolute jerk to them. I'm not being tracked by the CIA, NSA, NWO WTF, LOL or whatever.

BUT....the key is my eyes are actually open. I am not ignorant and I learn as much as I can...yet never sweated all the unprovable things.

My key to life is that I really don't think most of what is discussed here is going to come to fruition and frankly if it does and people here are right, well I can't stop 2012 from happening so why worry?

(oh and before you ask why I am on a CT site...I am here to learn about CT's...just not every little thing that is posted)

I am alive and breathing...life is good

Nice post btw

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Right now? Watching the rightwing freakshow.. sarah palin, rush, hannity, coulter, all of them frothing and spinning.. their base in tatters, also frothing and spewing.. it's a riot!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

In reality i am very unhappy, not sure why, just never been truly happy. It has nothing to do with my husband or kids, I am just a blah person. Maybe I need friends which i don't have any at the moment.

I am happy for this brief moment and my husband is happy for this brief moment as well. My husband has taken the day off which he rarely, rarely, rarely, rarely, rarely does, and is having a 3 day weekend. My kids are going to my MIL's today, we are meeting her in Maine, she lives in NH. Then we are heading to Portland, to have some sushi, sake, and a long break. We may even go out tonight around our town and check out a local bar, which is also rare, we are not "Bar" people. But it's within walking distance and have talked about doing this for some time now. So yeah I am happy and looking forward to today!!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I am experiencing my second summer in the country. I hadn't ever enjoyed a summer since I was a kid, due to spending all my adult life in the city and sweltering and suffering when it was hot.

But out here, it's wonderful. Really full of wonder. We get a lot of rain so the plants and flowers grow and this year they're bigger and more plentiful than last. So many days I've been out and seen a flower that I've never seen before, mostly in our garden.

There are many weird little insects, too. Most of the time I don't mind when they land on me because they're so beautiful.

When I walk my dog I see dozens of butterflies along the forest path and the other day I saw a large dragonfly. That made me think of the Dragonfly thread on ATS last year that so disgusted nearly everybody. I laughed at the memory - I loved that thread.

We have a little colony of rats in the garden right outside the living room window. They've got a labyrinth under the garden and every few weeks or so we see the new little ones. That's thanks to us feeding them - it makes me happy that I could enable them to thrive.

My dog jumped on the bed for a cuddle this morning, which he hasn't done for ages. We went out for our walk and got filthy in the mud - but he enjoyed himself as he always does chasing his stick. He wants to play now so I'll take him upstairs to play in the spare room and along the hall.

His favourite toy is up there - a horrible little piece of rag that used to be a stuffed lion. He's got dozens of soft toys to choose from, but that rag is what he wants. Seeing his eyes light up when I throw it for him cracks me up every time.

I'm so laid back out here I hardly ever get anything important done and just keeping the house and garden is very hard work. I have quite a lot to worry about, too.

But - all the things I listed above make it worthwhile being here. Going for long walks in the forest every day and 'communing' with the trees puts a lot of things into perspective, too.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I am happy because I get to see my boyfriend after about 3 months in a couple weeks! We have a long distance relationship ever since he moved to AL from FL last fall. I usually go once a month but due to work and money I hadnt been able to go. Well I am in August and I cant wait! I am also happy for his new job venture to start. I am very happy and proud of him right now....so right now that makes me happy.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm happy because when I graduate from pharmacy school, there should be a job for me making a good income. I am most content when I am studying (I know that's not much of a lif for some, but I abolutely love making A's and understanding science).

I also have a significant other that makes me SO happy!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Interesting topic, S&F for you.
Unfortunately, you would be getting a lot more responses for the opposite question: "Why are you unhappy?"
Happiness takes courage and effort.
Being unhappy is a lot easier.
Personally I can barely remember when I felt unconditionally happy, it was too long ago and probably was caused by hormonal imbalance. Nowadays I find comfort in contemplating the reason why we were put here on Earth. Making sense of what is going on around won't make you child-like happy, but can turn you from a life's victim into willing participant.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
THINGS i am HAPPY about right now:

We have a litter of 6 kittens...true happiness, so fun, so cute, so adorable.

Just bought season tickets to the theatre...excited about that...love theatre.

Making fried chicken this weekend in a cast iron skillet. Happy, happy happay!!!!

[edit on 7/17/2009 by Missing Blue Sky]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So many things make me happy...

Spending every day with the man of my dreams who loves me unconditionally makes me happy beyond words. Feeling all that love...well, there's nothing better in the world.

I love to bake bread...something about kneading the dough and smelling it in the oven makes me very happy. Cooking in general makes me happy, but particularly baking. Then, eating a slice of warm bread smothered in butter...*sigh*...what joy!

Baking for other people makes me happy too. I love to share what I bake into work, and seeing others enjoy my bread makes me happy.

Feeling the sun on my skin...*sigh*...that's just so amazing. If I'm feeling a little down in the dumps, going outdoors in the sunshine will always perk me up.

Watching the birds at my feeder every day makes me happy. I don't know why really...they're just so beautiful and precious...silly at times too...and I love watching them.

I know this may sound weird, but eating good food that makes me "sing" is a source of joy for me. Do you know what I mean? You bite into something really yummy and you can't help but utter those "uuuuuummmmm" sounds. Mostly it's fruits, vegetables, and fresh bread and butter that do that.

Music and art definitely make me happy, as does getting out and taking pictures...a hobby that I share with my honey.

Caustics make me happy. Again, I know that probably sounds weird, but there's something really amazing about caustics, and every time I see them they make me feel happy. I love photographing caustics as well.

Sitting in front of the fireplace with a glass of wine on a chilly evening is something else that makes me feel happy, as does smelling the burning wood and hearing it crackle as it burns.

I love the smell of all kinds of fresh flowers, as well as flower scents in candles and perfumes. Wild honeysuckle is my favorite, and as I inhale the scent, I smile and feel so incredibly happy.

Watching a great film in the evening with my honey makes me happy, sitting outside on my balcony reading a good novel makes me feel great, as does taking a walk with my husband and just enjoying nature.

I find the ocean totally amazing, and even though I rarely get to go seaside, when I do, there's nothing more joyous than watching the sun rise as I walk on the beach. Feeling the sand between my toes, hearing the ocean waves hit the beach, and smell the sea air...well those things make me incredibly happy.

I could go on and on about the things that make me happy. I didn't even mention how wonderful it feels when I'm sleepy to crawl into bed and drift off, nor did I mention how hearing the crickets at night makes me feel happy and at peace. I have no idea why, but it does.

Kissing my husband is also a pretty amazing and exciting thing, as is looking into his big brown eyes. *sigh*. Life is good.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's really nice and inspiring to read all the wonderful things going on in all your lives. I love positivity, its a beautiful thing, keep it up.

This thread is a good change of pace from the usual depressing stuff.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Wow, a feel good thread for a change. Nice XXXN30.

"Benny"........................................

Crumb Catcher / Ankle Yapper / Trouser Love Dance Extraordinaire / Wonder Dog

[edit on 17-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
nothing

I have added this line to make my post much longer than it needs to be.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hello! I read your post and started laughing really hard, I haven't laughed in a lon, long time. Times are bad, for sure. But I am happy my children are healthy, I am realitively healthy, my husband could stop eating so many carbs he worries me. My dog makes me smile, she enjoys all of us unconditionally and take life each day as a gift. She's very rational, logical. Except when I put her out at 8:00pm for her last yard deposit, and she runs around in circles in the dark barking violently at the sky. That freaks me out. It worried the neighbors too. She hates big birds (owls, eagles, osprey, hawks, turkey buzzards), helicopters, planes.....ufos? Wish I could ask her about that last one. At a time when we all feel paranoid our children and pets and good health make us happy... Focus on charity and volunteering. This helps me. If we all didn't feel irritated and worried we pobably wouldn't be reading all these
conspiracy theories. Even horses become afraid and think they'll be eaten. This is why they spook.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Happiness is an arbitrary emotional state that has no bearing on objective reality. There are people I know who are destitute who love life and others who are wealthy as all-get-out that have miserable existences.

I never would have thought I'd say it, but the concept of nirvana (freedom from all desires and attachments) sounds much more appealing to me as I age. Though I understand this philosophy isn't for everyone.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Quite happy myself, just got approved for a new apartment. Quite a bit larger and in a much nicer part of town. Feel a lot safer over there. Not to mention a nice park across the street will allow me to exercise much more often. Should be a pretty good deal all around.

Also quite happy i've kept my job and it has actually gotten more secure as time has gone on. The wife's new job is going quite well also.

Health is good, my family is doing good. No reason to be upset aside from the state of the country. Luckily I even have planned for that eventuality (as much as one can).

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
im excited because my anniversary is next month, ahhh 2 years wed to my angel, im happy because we are trying to have a baby. i look forward to reading to it, and playing with it and most of all to seeing them grow as i continue down my slow slide of entropy. reading a good book makes me happy and even arguing with my wife makes me happy, it drives me insaine but makes me happy to know we still have so much passion for eachother.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I like Iceland. I live there, but I am back in the USA now for the summer. My husband whom I also love is Icelandic. I love the Icelandic landscape, the Icelandic moss, the culture, the art, and especially some Icelandic music and the beautiful language! I love speaking the language and reading it and singing it and learning new words all the time. They have beautiful waterfalls, geysers, volcanoes, hot springs, grassy knolls, lakes, icebergs, glaciers, the ocean all around this beautiful island. I love the singer/songwriter Björk and her innovatiness, her uniqueness. I love almost everything about Iceland. Sad about the bank crashes, but otherwise.....Iceland. YAy!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Good thread. What makes me happy is the beauty in all I see, there is beauty in everything and I'm happy I have eyes to examine the beauty. I choose not to look at things negatively and my life always goes so much smoother.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I just booked my trip to Easter Island in October.

The only way that I can endure going to work is by taking grand vacations.

That should keep me going for a while.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join