It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are mirrors portals to another dimension?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Your explanation might be the more accurate way to interpret something I saw once. I've been searching around the threads for a while trying to find a appropriate place to post this. What I'm looking for is most likely explanation.

I have a mirror in my bedroom that I look into often to watch the television screen more comfortably from the opposite direction. It is about 90 years old at this point. Sometime earlier this year, before it got warm, I was doing is while lying in bed rather upset, but not for any good reason. Just a bad day, and I was sober, before anyone asks about that. My boyfriend, who lives with me, was talking to me and I was feeling rather alienated by him, and he was a little upset also. He was standing so that his reflection was in the mirror so I was addressing that.
I was looking directly at that when I saw him move into my actual frame of vision. In the mirror, where I kept my eyes, his reflection stood still by the television. It remained still while I told him what I saw. He wasn't in the mood, brushed it off as emotional nonsense, and walked out of the room. The reflection faded very slowly into just a shadow, back into an accurate reflection.

Scared me, my first thought was "doppelganger?!" but my panic faded as I continued to look at it, I became a little fascinated. Now I wonder what I was observing, my superstition is slight and I have never personally or impersonally known of any indication why it should be otherwise, though the idea is interesting.

Is there anything I need to be aware of? This question is one of the things I came here specifically to ask about.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by sylvie

It's weird that you bring this up. I watched the Unborn a few days ago. In it, an old woman says that mirrors are portals. She instructs the main character to break every mirror she has and burn the pieces. Good movie, odd coincidence.

Nothing odd or coincidental about it really.whenever we look ourself in the eye it breaks ours self image we have of ourselfs and it feels as if we look a stranger in the eye.I am not talking about casually looking in a mirror but intently looking ourselves in the eyes.Basicly it is the reason why mirrors are featured in horror movies as often as you already pointed out just.

So nothing odd or coincidental about that.

Also mirrors break if you try to pass through them becuase there is no portal hidden in them and the shards left after breaking have no effect on your life afterwards unless you manage get cut by them.

edit on 12-12-2011 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
So I had this dream. In it I was visited by a powerful being. The being put me in a state where I could not talk or move but I had full use of my mind. I was in between consciousness and sleep. I started to freak out because I knew someone was doing this to me. I struggled so hard to speak and I was able to mumble enough words that my wife heard me and I broke free. It was literally the scariest thing I had ever been through. After that I was up for a while but finally got tired enough to go back to sleep. When I did the same being visited me again. This time a lot less scary. The being told me that I could ask one question. I don’t know why I asked this but I asked is the universe really infinite. The response is one I’ll never forget.

The being responded and said, the universe is, or is not infinite, the way two mirrors facing each other will or will not reflect their reflection for infinity.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I happen to like mirrors. I think every room in my house has a mirror. I don’t see or feel anything weird or spooky about them.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Infinitereality

It really won’t be infinite. Sooner or later, the photons will not fit and stop reflecting.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Very interesting thread, really enjoying this one. I used to read a lot of Stuart Wilde's stuff but the account mentioned earlier was new to me. Is anyone able to elaborate?

Also, just found this - not at all creepy but pretty cool.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sylvie

“!dlrowrorriM eht ot emocleW” ~ The first thing people hear when entering the Mirror Universe.

I guess i'm slightly superstitious, i face mirrors backwards when not in use, and don't use them around my house.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

On a serious note,
Some of my biggest jump scares in life, screams and all, have involved mirrors at night, and not just in bathrooms.
They don't really freak me out, but seeing my own reflection at night for whatever reason just startles the living daylights out of me. Maybe I'm just that scary looking.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
For a kids show this was really spooky.
youtu.be...
edit on 26-11-2017 by 808Funk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: sylvie

Awesome thread, thanks for sharing and those "dead relatives" you refer to are demons.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Great thread that I hope continues. Mirrors don't really scare me, day or night, but then again, I don't like to look at my reflection in one for anything but a moment - makes me feel uncomfortable.
What I really don't like is standing in front of a window when the lift is on in the room you are in and it is dark outside, makes me feel exposed and very uncomfortable. Not exactly the same thing, I know.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: h3akalee

It called scrying 😁

You can do same as crystal balls work

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Mirrors are creepy because they reverse images in the horizontal plane, but not in the vertical plane.

No matter what you do, you cannot get them to reverse the reflection in the vertical plane. Even if you turn your head sideways.

Why do you suppose that is?

And no--it has nothing to do with stereoscopic (two eyes) vision. Close one eye and try it: it still works.

Creepy, innit?

edit on 20-1-2018 by TheTruthRocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Scrying and crystal balls are for people who aren't in the inner circle, or who merely think they are.

I found this thread because I tried to search for more information on what I already experienced regarding this topic. Yes, mirrors and glass are gateways to another dimension. High-level Freemasons and the Yakuza, or people claiming to be them, use mirrors and glass because it is a way of remotely viewing anything that is in front of the glass and at a wide viewing angle, because the light that hits glass splits into a fourth spatial dimension, and with the right receiver, one can convert these signals back into an image. These people I mentioned claim that Satan taught them how to do this. I've talked to Satan and I know his angels and he can see me by using mirrors, since he is usually not physically near me.

Also, glass acts as a siphon of electromagnetic energy; this energy is flowing continuously into the Abyss at all times from mirrors and glass and out from the surrounding environment. "Psychic" vampires, some of which are people who say they are in the aforementioned groups, also use something similar to provide their bodies with electrical power by using their Saturn balls (Yes, Saturn balls are real).

edit on 18-6-2018 by maojiao because: I forgot to give my 2 cents on scrying and crystal balls ^_^

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: maojiao

thanks for ringing the bell on this old thread....

could you explain just what is meant by your starting declaration...

Scrying and crystal balls are for people who aren't in the inner circle, or who merely think they are.

i'm starting to think about considering going back into scrying which teams up with Astral Projection in my practice...
along with delving deep-into-the-psyche of the client I am engaged with...in doing a 'reading' & suggesting 'guidelines'

I also now have established this thread as a subscribed one & will be alerted of activity....

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hello ATS! I've put off making this account for a long time, but when I saw this thread I decided it was about time to share my experiences. My memory is horrible so forgive me if I don't get this all in one go.

Let's see, when I was a child I was always iffy of mirrors, there was just something off-putting about it. That faded with my fear of the dark, monsters, etc. It wasn't until my late teens that I started this whole phase where I wanted to touch the unknown and I experimented with a few things here and there. I guess what initially set me off with mirrors was that I tried desperately to "peer into my soul" for a while. Sometimes I'd find myself lost in the black of my eyes and I'd start to trance out and once that happened I wanted more, but once I started to lose the features of my face and fall deeper in I would instinctively jerk out of it, as if I had a mental block keeping me from falling too far. I remember I stopped recognizing myself in the mirror, even when not doing this. Sometimes there was an intense pang of fear, even now I avoid looking at myself directly in the eyes. I start to trance out almost immediately these days, at least the last time I held my gaze for a minute or so. In the past when I've done this successfully I've seen many faces, mostly unknown to me. I've seen a large man with a long beard, warrior-like facial features. I've seen my own face contort, similar to the vampires from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (lol) and my eyes a burning red, horns coming from my head.

There's many I've blocked from my memory and I have trouble remembering, and there's some I'm sure elements of go against the terms of service and I'd rather not get in trouble 😂. However much of this is a product of unchecked mental illness or something substantial I have no idea but here you go.
edit on 19-6-2018 by badtimesacomin because: My brain is all kinds of crazy and I forget to type things.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Don't practice scrying or psychic readings. It'll just open you up to demonic oppression and possibly possession and psychic attack and you will spend an eternity in hell.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If Mirrors are portals to another dimension, then anything that reflects is also, such as that metal spoon that's in your drawer.

People need to critically think.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Seeing as photons are interdimensional and everything can be controlled by both light and shadows, it's an interesting question. I would say possibly yes.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I could believe it. Mirrors have so much lore attached to them. I honestly get freaked out if I look at a mirror when it’s dark. I don’t trust them, as dumb as that might sound. I’m scared of what I might see.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join