It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are mirrors portals to another dimension?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeplin100
reply to post by Majestic23

Yes its wierd how sometimes youre afraid of someting and it just has an ominious feeling around it.At night i dont really like the bathroom door open whenever theres no lights on.Ive heard on some threads that batrooms can be freaky places maybye they where joking maybye not.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Zeplin100]

Hmmm, I have heard a little about bathrooms being resonant in some way. Other than the fact they useually have a mirror in them they all are generally humid and stagnant water accumulates in them. Water seems to conduct spiritual energy well, stagnant water becomes ill and and diseased while running water purifies and is powerful. We have dualistic concepts and Taoist philosophy coming in a bit here. The old esoteric religions often use water to purify and as our friend has mentioned necromancy and mysticism. Water comprises much of our body and there is growing evidence it holds information and is integral to memory. Its also like a mirror highly reflective. It all seems to tie in well for me.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Heres a thread on ATS about somthing unexplaned hapening in a bathroom

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Intresting right

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jacqua

Originally posted by The Soothsayer

On a spiritual level, however, I want to construct a room completely surfaced with mirrors... or at least that really reflective material.

Apparently a guy called Stuart Wilde did this exact thing many years ago. I dont remember exactly what happened. Something about the room melting, or bending. Im sorry, I cant remember ... but it wasnt good...

Can you provide any links to any articles or threads on ATS on that?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
inside the Mormon Temple, there is a room called the "sealing room". the rituals performed in this sealing room are intended to metaphysically link a person to generations past and future.

the most prominent features of the sealing room are wall-sized (15 feet square?) dual inward-facing infinity mirrors, between which the ritual is performed on an altar.

i cannot say for certain whether or not any actual spiritual presence is invoked by the mirrors/rituals. that is certainly the intent. but i speak from personal experience that standing in this space is at very least un-nerving.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeplin100

It may. maybe its because mirrors have been around much longer or that mirrors have a bigger reflection

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I am not to sure about the effects of mirrors in 3D, but I know for a fact that on the OOBE state a mirror acts much like a whirlpool of energy trying its hardest to suck you into it.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

Have you ever been caught in one of these whirlpools if you have i would be very interested to learn whats on the other side of them.

Thanx in advance

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Zeplin100]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild
No one yet has mentioned obsidian mirrors.

Or even

Mirror mirror on the wall...

I have also wondered a similar thing with pictures, if they can be a portal to somewhere else.

It could also be with paintings as well i would go into an abstract painting.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
When I was very young, I remember having a very abnormal night. My parents had put a big mirror in my room temporarily that day, which was on the floor leaning up against a wall. I remember that night when was laying on my bed starring at it, I saw a figure of a 'person' peek around the inside edge of the mirror. Kinda like someone peeking around a door frame. I saw half of its body (rest behind side edge) up to its torso (rest below bottom edge). I vividly remember its skin looking completely burnt and brown looking, no hair, no clothes. Almost like when you burn a hot dog, best way I can describe it. This thing appeared in the mirror from right to left and just stopped, didn't do anything. All I remember after that was me burying my face into my bed, very unexpected and frightening.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeplin100

Heres a thread on ATS about somthing unexplaned hapening in a bathroom

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Intresting right

Interesting, indeed it seems these stories are many.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
inside the Mormon Temple, there is a room called the "sealing room". the rituals performed in this sealing room are intended to metaphysically link a person to generations past and future.

the most prominent features of the sealing room are wall-sized (15 feet square?) dual inward-facing infinity mirrors, between which the ritual is performed on an altar.

i cannot say for certain whether or not any actual spiritual presence is invoked by the mirrors/rituals. that is certainly the intent. but i speak from personal experience that standing in this space is at very least un-nerving.

So the Morman's take part in something like scrying? That is shocking and not at all surprising at the same time.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
When I was very young, I remember having a very abnormal night. My parents had put a big mirror in my room temporarily that day, which was on the floor leaning up against a wall. I remember that night when was laying on my bed starring at it, I saw a figure of a 'person' peek around the inside edge of the mirror. Kinda like someone peeking around a door frame. I saw half of its body (rest behind side edge) up to its torso (rest below bottom edge). I vividly remember its skin looking completely burnt and brown looking, no hair, no clothes. Almost like when you burn a hot dog, best way I can describe it. This thing appeared in the mirror from right to left and just stopped, didn't do anything. All I remember after that was me burying my face into my bed, very unexpected and frightening.

Like this?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Lol, no. It seemed more human like, just completely charred. Like I said it was a long time ago, all I remember was that.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Has anyone considered the fact that your eyes are reflective? When you look into a mirror your eyes refleft the image you are looking at. The mirror reflects you and so on...Just a thought. You don't need two mirrors. Every time you look into a mirror there are two already.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I've always had weird thoughts about mirrors. (And tv's)

But not all, i have a mirror in my room, its hung on the wall in the corner of the room facing the door. My tv faces my bed, mirror, and window (they all touch the same wall). Now the mirror doesn't bother me at all. BUT, the tv does. I hate it when its off, the reflections always give me a freaky felling. And i don't know if this is paranormal related, but my tv always changes channels by its self. EVEN if i take the batteries out of the remote. I always got annoyed by it.(Happens every time my favorite shows are on
) Now, the bathroom mirror. Is huge, and reflects the corner that goes around to the door
. I DREAD the thought of looking at that corner through the mirror. I just keep getting the feeling something is hiding behind that corner in the reflection. Also, if its storming, i am terrified of going in there, for the fear of the power going out and leaving me in the darkness and allowing whatever that's hiding behind the corner's reflection to be able to escape.

I need to go now and read something else before i make myself too scared to get up and go to the bathroom!
(just drank 3 glasses of tea)

~Ҝοłę

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I belive corners are portals to other dimentions.What i mean by corners is where the ceiling and walls join in the corner.Its like the inside corner of a pryamid.I always get strange energy from corners.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have always wondered about the mystery of mirrors and have tried to see into eternity by aiming them directly at each other, only I as the observer, specifically my head has always interfered with the transmission since my head is in the central locus. But if one were to aim a twoway mirrror at another mirror so that the observer is not in the way, that should work. Then put that over a Bose-Einstein condensate to slow the transmission to a tangible speed- that would be amazing. Just a thought. As for the actual question- I say yes, mirrors are a portal. By facing them towards each other, reflected light continues on essentally forever. Then, when they are redirected, where does that "eternal" information go? Although irrational, the best explanation I could come up with is that it continues forever in another dimension- spooky.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Is it lame that I have a bunch of gigantic mirrors in my bedroom? Despite all the mirrors, I never feel any kind of... haunting.

I mean, as a little child, I was always scared in my bedroom (at the time, it was the basement)... it was dark, there were barely any lights (since we didn't go down here) and it's a gigantic open space. Then, I don't really know what changed.

I moved down into the basement because I can't sleep unless it's pitch black, and I remember for the first few years I felt like there was something else down here with me. But it wasn't malicious. I live in an old house, but the only people who have lived in this house throughout it's history are related to me. So although I felt like there was something down here with me, I wasn't frightened. I was a little nervous, but not frightened. I remember whenever I was alone, I started talking to whoever might be there... since I felt like there was something there, I might as well friendly engage it. After a year or so of that, the feeling of being watched went away. As if whoever was there was satisfied with the fact that I was living down here.

But I'll admit, my friends sometimes feel odd in my bedroom. I dunno if it's the creepy furnace noises, or the Darth Vader esque breathing sounds that come from my freezer. Or if it's the deep black soot encrusted fireplace that hasn't been used in over 15 years... the thing looks like a mouth of death right next to my bed. Or if it's the sheer amount of mirrors reflecting off each other. Or if it's the expanse of spider webs that tend to form. I guess many things in my bedroom are creepy... but the two 5'+ mirrors aren't one of them.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
A woman in the mirror. Sounds crazy but I have seen her many times. I see other replies where people think this thread is a joke tho let me tell you, I have thought about this portal to the other side many of times, here's my story and its real.
My Wife had bought this mirror before I met her, it was very old and was a full lenght mirror. Antique from around the turn of the century very ornate. One morning as I was getting ready for work and was having coffee, I seen a head of a red haired woman looking at me though this mirror. She wasn't standing in the view just her head from the bottom. I was very startled and jumped up and left the room. When I returned. It was gone. A few days latter but in the evening a friend of mine and myself were watching football when he said he seen something, he was kinda freaking because he had seen this something a few times while we watched this football game tho it was a glimps of what he thought was a refection. He stated that he started staring at the mirror and then he seen it. I had not told him of my encounted before tho I did tell him at this time. He also said it was a woman in the mirror. My friend and I started watching for her in the mirror sounds insane two grown men staring at this mirror. Then it happened she appeared he seen it and I seen it. My friend started getting emotionaly then left. I was alone till my Wife came home from work, at this time I told her of what I had seen and what our friend had seen. She said she had never seen anything in that mirror all the time she had owned it and the call our friend who confirmed what I had told my wife. People this is the truth.
A few weeks later, I had to go out of town for work.When I returned home, in the late morning, my Wife was at her work not to be home till the evening. I went to bed to take a nap. I had been sleeping for about 3 hrs. when I heard a womans voice who I thought was my Wife. I felt what I believed was my Wife stroking my feet and saying my name and also saying "I'm glad your back". I woke up to the red haired woman in the mirror and she was in my bedroom. I jumped up and said who are you. She turned around and walked out of the bedroom and I could see this was for real! Tho in shock I pursued her down the hall way tho with some amazment at what I was seeing. She just dematerialized the only way I can discribe it. To say the least I was in a panic. My dogs also had seen this as they were barking uncontrolably. I left the house with my dogs in my truck for a few hrs.to get some composuser before I returned home. upon my return I put the mirror in a closet.
When I left Az.to move to Ohio, I made sure that the mirror got left behinde. There is more to this story tho I'm tired of writting this lol but this is a true story. The end.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Mystical magic nope, just technology beyond our current understanding.

Mirrors or reflective surfaces can be related to time, that is peering through time or even (virtual) time travel.

Consider that our telescopes use mirrors to peer back in time, the greater the resolution the further back in time one can peer or see.

A mirror shows us a reflection of the what was. So even looking at yourself in a mirror you are looking at the past even if it's only a fraction of a second.

Multiple mirrors could extend or become a memory device that could retain reflections indefinitely thus as a telescope become a window for peering into the past. Perhaps some single mirrors do that anyway.

With enough mirrors one could create a virtual time machine like the holodeck in which you could explore all the moments of the past captured by those reflections.

The more your image becomes reflected by mirrors the more likely your image will will go on and perhaps be seen by someone in the future. If someone comes up with a way to to alter the speed of the reflections beyond light speed such as sending the reflection (data) though a worm hole, one from the future could even communicate though that medium to whom ever (or instruments) is near that reflection in the past.

edit on 12-3-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Mirrors can be a problem when dealing with spontaneous unconscious use of magick. There are also instances, such as during past life regression, where you use the mirror as a way to connect with the astral plane, that the mirror can be dangerous. Mirrors on their own however pose little danger. They are for all intents and purposes a reflective surface. Even with the example I gave above, the mirror isn't what is generating the danger. If you have a spirit or other entity trying to connect with you, the mirror simply allows you to see it. But just because you can't see something doesn't mean it isn't there.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join