It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are mirrors portals to another dimension?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Assigning supernatural attributes to a mirror is simply the primitive part of the brain at work. If a person understands light and how it behaves when reflected from a surface, it becomes clear that it has nothing to do with "magick."

It's why scrying mirrors are popular in wiccan culture; ancient beliefs are hard to outgrow if you get drawn into them.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I believe certain people are gifted with the ability to experience paranormal activity and others are just "cut off" for what ever reason.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

You could say similar for many topics on ATS. Just because you know how light reflects from a surface does not mean there is nothing else. Don't get why people come on here to dismiss anything out of the ordinary. This is what the site is about!

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Not in my experience. Mirrors are pieces of metal with glass over them.

That being said, the mind is a very powerful thing. If you believe something enough, you can manifest it.

I'll give mad props to anyone who pulls that off with a mirror.

However, there are stable portals underground, though they are typically blocked from the other side for good reason, to keep our reality from infecting others (including reptilian societies, "inner earth kingdom" etc). If you can raise your vibration high enough or OBE through a portal, you can get through the block. You don't have to physically visit it, but do have to be aware of its presence.

You can also form unstable portals with your chakra energies.
edit on 13-2-2019 by Dwagon because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2019 by Dwagon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: StuKE

You could say similar for many topics on ATS. Just because you know how light reflects from a surface does not mean there is nothing else. Don't get why people come on here to dismiss anything out of the ordinary. This is what the site is about!

Surely a person could say that about many topics here.

However, the original post was a question, and it appeared to me it was seeking the opinions of readers. If the OP had stated "Mirrors are portals to another dimension and here's why," then my reply would simply be thread crapping. But because it was a question, I gave my opinion. No proof or reasoned possibility has been presented that a mirror is a portal--and I offer no proof that it isn't. I'm not here to change anyone's opinion about anything; I also don't hug people and encourage them to tilt at windmills.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks

originally posted by: StuKE

Surely a person could say that about many topics here.

However, the original post was a question, and it appeared to me it was seeking the opinions of readers. If the OP had stated "Mirrors are portals to another dimension and here's why," then my reply would simply be thread crapping. But because it was a question, I gave my opinion. No proof or reasoned possibility has been presented that a mirror is a portal--and I offer no proof that it isn't. I'm not here to change anyone's opinion about anything; I also don't hug people and encourage them to tilt at windmills.

Cheers!

Fair enough, well said.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a mirror is not a portal it is rather like a telescope or microscope in practice...

the deft art of scrying is developed and honed by learning the language-of-the-birds (aka symbolism/analogs/mysticism/ et al)

finding & accessing a wormhole/portal/'holy place' where actual entanglement allows for teleportation is the technical jargon of the psyche talents of OBEs or remote viewing/scrying/astral projection....even witching or dowsing requires One's spirit to project into the opaque ground to search for the 'water' 'treasure' 'whatever'...

a mirror is an aiding device...but the viewer needs to be in the proper 'frequency' to accomplish what is being searched for or desired --- otherwise the session will not be productive (be careful not to bring destructive spirits in your wake as you return to this natural world)

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: sylvie
I've always been wary of mirrors; since I was a child, I felt they may be portals to other dimensions, where things can come through if you're not careful.

Just the other day I listened to a Coast to Coast Am show with Joshua P. Warren, the paranormal investigator. He said that in almost every instance of a haunted house, the owner would lead him into a room with the words, "And this is the haunted room," and invariably there would be two mirrors (or reflecting surfaces) on the wall facing each other.

You know what it looks like when two mirrors face each other, and you get this kind of "neverending tunnel." I find it incredibly creepy.

Warren also said that he devised a room where people have close encounters with the dead (and who knows what else). Apparently the setup consists of a mirror in a darkened room, a chair, and a dim light source behind the person on the chair. You sit there and make sure you can't see your own reflection in the mirror, and just stare at it.

Warren said people have seen dead relatives manifest and actually come OUT OF the mirror, and they could talk to them. One guy who took a small recorder into the room had the most awful noises on the tape -- growling and snarling like from a demon.

So I wouldn't necessarily recommend trying this at home (I certainly won't), but I would like to know if any of you ever had a weird experience involving a mirror, or also just your theories about mirrors and portals. Fire away!

I'm not going to say it sounds like full of BS yet, even though it does. Frankly. this warren guy sound like a con man using old tricks. Dark room. you don't see anyone except vague whispers. A so called EVP of growling and snarling. Man, any mentalist or magician could reproduce that or even an audio editing amateur. This isn't even elaborate.

Now to the more open side of my opinion. I like to base things about the mysterious of life in science and history. Lots of religions and beliefs, believe that scrying aka using reflective surfaces like water or mirrors to see visions. Some religions like jewish folks believe in covering mirrors after someone has passed away. Some hoodoo religions believe something similar. Now if you really think about it scientifically. A mirror is usually flat, when you looking at a reflection whatever it may be it appear flat, in other words 2 dimensional. Unlike the reality we live in which is 3 dimensional, so yes and no. the reflection in the mirror is 2 dimensional, but is there a secret world of mystic and magic and other crap in there. Maybe or maybe not. Deny ignorance.
edit on 4-4-2019 by Nemox42 because: bad at spelling

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Nemox42

TPTB have conditioned the masses to see the paranormal as a joke and to be laughed at and anyone that believes in those things to be laughed at.
Yet they display baphomet and do rituals that involve sacrifices and worship archaic esoteric gods
They are just silly rich people of course cause we know better, or do we?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I am very careful to never have a mirror hung on an outside wall. Scares the crap out of me.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

The biggest "demon" my friend is called the "all mighty dollar". People have lied, cheated, fornicated, killed for this demon. And it gets stronger everyday.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join