It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNR Withheld E.coli Report to Protect Tourism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

DNR Withheld E.coli Report to Protect Tourism

www.ksdk.com

State withheld report on E. coli in Lake of Ozarks

OSAGE BEACH, Mo. (AP) -- A state agency acknowledges that it withheld a report for four weeks that showed the Lake of the Ozarks had E. coli above safe levels.

The Missouri Department of Natural Resources said it withheld the report around Memorial Day because of concern that releasing it would hurt tourism and business around the lake.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.kansascity.com
ozarksfirst.com

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
WHAT!!?? Are you serious? Why would they withhold information, especially on Memorial Day weekend! When there are tons of people there. This just makes me so mad that they are more worried about the money, than the people! Do they not care that tons of people and children could get sick and possibly die?

www.ksdk.com

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bronwyn82

Interesting since I live a short distance from there........

Why so shocking??????????????????????????

Can I mention H1N1

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Excellent example of the new form of government we are slowly waking up to (it's actually about a hundred years old).

Title should have been....

"Public Safety trumped by Commerce."

or

"Seasonal economic opportunity is more important than Public Health."

As a side bet.....

10:1 odds that policy-maker in the Missouri Department of Natural Resources is politically appointed 'friend' of business or businessperson politician.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
And you think Jaws was just a Sci-Fi Flick..

There was a messege in it..

''heres ta swimmin with bow legged women''

Random Jaws Quote

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bronwyn82

WHAT!!?? Are you serious? Why would they withhold information, especially on Memorial Day weekend! When there are tons of people there. This just makes me so mad that they are more worried about the money, than the people! Do they not care that tons of people and children could get sick and possibly die?

www.ksdk.com

They obviously felt the loss of revenue would be far greater than the loss of any life.

Were there any losses of life? Any illnesses?

Maybe their bet paid off?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Excellent example of the new form of government we are slowly waking up to (it's actually about a hundred years old).

Title should have been....

"Public Safety trumped by Commerce."

Well, I think it's a problem when the health of the Commerce in an area is such a serious issue.

This just shows that even the tourism industry can't even stand to miss a memorial day in Branson. Are all of us going on without a net?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

I think a better quote for this is:
"I think we better get a bigger boat"
The shark being the government and our small boat (the Constitution) is sinking from all the damned holes government keeps ramming through it!! LOL

Zindo

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by bronwyn82

www.ksdk.com

They obviously felt the loss of revenue would be far greater than the loss of any life.

Were there any losses of life? Any illnesses?

Maybe their bet paid off?

OMG!! I can't believe I just heard that!

Their bet paid off??!?

You're willing to take a risk on people's lives like that??

welcome to my ignore list

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
And people think the government is there to protect them.
This just shows you that when it comes to money they will take the path of more money before they take the path to protect the people.

It is time that we start taking the leaders out of office and get some in there that will follow our laws. But will this happen ? No ,as the spin will start and they will give out a few pieces of candy and everyone will for get what has happened.

Living here in Missouri and watching the new's I have not seen anything about this. It should be all over the new's.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalu

I agree with everything that you said. I live in the STL area and it is on our news here. I first saw it on ksdk.com this morning. I read this and my mouth dropped. But nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to the government! It is just sad that they would take a chance like that, knowing that serious things could happen.

Who makes these kind of choices?? And what gives them the right to put our families lives in danger?? Don't they have families? Don't they care? What is this world coming too? All I see is money and greed.

new topics

top topics

join