It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke is full of horse poo.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It nevere ceases to amaze me that people still take this guys word of mouth as gospel.

David Ickes main point is to encourage people to think for themselves (avoid being sheeple if you like), yet most of his ideas are derived from other conspiracy theories, and many of them are anti-semitic.

For example, his Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion, the protocols of the illuminati, are actually taken from a fictional piece of work, written by two Russian journalists Matvei Golovinski and Manasevich-Manuilov, in collaberation with Charles Joly (whose father wrote a similar, if not exact replica, piece entitled The Dialogues In Hell Between Machiavelli and Montesqueiu).

The latter book, written by Joly's father was actually a protest against the regime of Napolean III, and published in 1864 (which is, in case you didnt know, quite a long time before Icke was even born). He was actually imprisoned for fifteen months for this piece or work in France, when police gained their hands on it.

en.wikipedia.org...

At around the same time Maurice Joly was imprisoned, the literature was smuggled out of France, and into Switzerland, where Russian secret police picked it up. Matvei Golovinski and Manasevich-Manuilov published almost the exact same book, replacing the denouncing of the Napolean regime, with and anti-semitic/ jewish plot, and entitled "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion". The funny thing is that the same literature was used by Hitler to justify the holocaust!!! So maybe Icke is a neo nazi

en.wikipedia.org...

Still want to believe him?

One of his most ludircous ideas, is that half the worlds leaders are reptilians from George W Bush, to the queen. Despite the lack of substantial, if any, evidence of this, people still seem to eat up this load of manure, and continue to fund his money making scheme by purchasing his books, and attending his many seminars.
Again David Ickes reptilian ideas, are rehashed from the misinterpretations of Zecariah Sitchin, an economist who believes he can read ancient texts better than REAL ancient text scholars and proffesors. Unlike Icke though....Sitchin described his aliens as more human in features. I never thought Id say this, but I think we found someone who talks more crap than Sitchin himself!!

As I mentioned earlier, he's a big advocater of "thinking for yourself" yet he seems to have an army of loyal followers that believe everything he says, without examining alternative explanations or ideas. I know who the real sheeple are.

So come on Ick'ites, still think he's NOT full of it?

[edit on 15/7/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Ok, timing is perfect here based on what I have been looking at recently. Sitchin went to a school for economics, yes. But let us consider some of the other fellows that went to this school and went on to great things.

David Rockefeller
John F Kennedy
Robert Kennedy JR
Daniel Moynihan

Mr. Icke makes some sense to me. Not in entirety, to be sure, but the dude certainly does speak at least some truth. Please look at his entire story, it is fascinating to me at least.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
youll never convince maniacs that their favorite delusion is in reality, a delusion. it will always be truth to them.

but that doesnt mean one shouldnt try. good job.

S&F for you

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

LOL..........

Yea Icke is in the same category as that whole GFL Goodchild movement. While he may be saying things that he learned from research about 5% of the time the rest of it is complete fiction IMHO. He is one of the people who make a potentially legitimate alien race a mockery in my opinion, I put him, Alex Jones, Blossom Goodchild (thank God I only heard about that one,lol) and Alex Collier among many others in my "quarantined until one thing comes true" category. IMO these are likely charlatans that are trying to make a buck off of the ufology movement and do nothing but greatly discredit a very real phenomena.

They have smeared the whole "Reptilian, DUMB, GFL Enigma" so much that it will take something major to bring those out of the "Skunk Works" category of ufology. Good thread friend.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chemley
Mr. Icke makes some sense to me. Not in entirety, to be sure, but the dude certainly does speak at least some truth. Please look at his entire story, it is fascinating to me at least.

I have and I dont believe a word of it. We're talking about a guy where it has been proven that the basis of his books are fiction.

Just out of curiousity, where do you think he speaks truth?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chemley
Ok, timing is perfect here based on what I have been looking at recently. Sitchin went to a school for economics, yes. But let us consider some of the other fellows that went to this school and went on to great things.

David Rockefeller
John F Kennedy
Robert Kennedy JR
Daniel Moynihan

so stitchin has some credibility because other people went to the same school and ended up successful?
lets look at those other people and their fields of success...

Rockefeller- rich banker
jfk- politician
RK jr- politician
moynihan- politician

all of those could at least possibly result from studying economics.
where does sitchin's field fit into those other men who did great things?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Who isn't full of horse poo?

It amazes me that people take anything from anyone seriously.

Gotta remember though: Reality is a big joke.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
It amazes me that people take anything from anyone seriously.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Geladinhu]

It amazes me even more that people fork out loads and loads of money to listen to these people.

It also amazes me at the gullibility and lack of logic that they have

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I know David icke says a lot of crazy stuff but he is against the Swine Flu vaccines and I agree with him. I heard the vaccines have some pretty nasty stuff including Genetically modified viruses and chemicals that could sterilize us and possibly kill us.

This video shows something good and truthful he is saying, Swine Flu equals dangerous to our health.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by uswgo

So he mentions that the swine flu vaccination is dangerous does he, well hate to terll you this, but he's just rehashing other peoples fears of it too.

Besides, he's not a doctor, or even trained in the medical proffesion, yet you would take his word for it?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by uswgo

WOW...........Icke as aged quite a bit since I lost saw him! LOL, I guess that goes to show the last time I watched one of his videos!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by uswgo

WOW...........Icke as aged quite a bit since I lost saw him! LOL, I guess that goes to show the last time I watched one of his videos!

Well he has been around a while.

He's still not as old as the orginal story he claims as non-fiction!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
David Icke is full of horse poo.

Can I take a moment to say .... I just love this thread title??

ATTN David Icke fans (and former fans) please take some time to read Jim Marrs book - Rule by Secrecy . You'll never go back to David Icke and you'll look at the world the same way again.

I probably sound like a commercial ... but I don't care.

The first half of that book was full of 'recent' history and was amazing.
The second half was the presentation of ancient stories and conjecture on those stories.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I just wonder why you need to discredit him...and of all of hes opinions you choose the "jew" part.

Any antisemtistic accusation is a work of the ADL.
I will be seeing him in gbg in october and i will enjoy every minut.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Well said Oz. S&F for you.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by uswgo

It's my guess that Icke is a Wraith and hadn't fed yet that day.

At least Michael Tsarion seems to take better care of himself. We can never be sure if these guys aren't alien hosts or clones either.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Question to the TS:

Have you ever read any of Ickes books? or listened to an "entire" seminar of his?

Icke has some great ideas, and concepts, and knows whats going on about alot of the stuff the "Illuminati'"(or whatever you'd like to call this group) are doing.

Personally, I like Icke, but I take his reptilian stuff and put it on the side. I don't agree with all of his ideas, and beliefs, but he is spot on- on alot of things if you take the time to read any of his books.

He's been on top of the:

NWO/Trilaterals/Masons/Buildibergs/Illuminati/Zionists (whatever name you wanna give them)for almost as long as anyone. He does a great job "in his books and seminars", (not in 3 min you tube videos). At dissecting this shadow world government, and pointing out thier symbology(he does some really great work on this subject), and putting the bloodline puzzles together.

He wasone of the very first to bring to light how the Main Stream Media is a tool used by this shadow government to control the thoughts and emotions of the general populace.(another subject he was a pioneer of, and does some excellent research and dot connecting).

Reptilian or not(I'll say Not), the inbreeding going on with some of the MOST powerful people in the world is quite troublesome to me.

So really try to take the reptilian thing and put it on the side, and read, or listen to what he's talking about. He really gets it, and he is, and has been WAY ahead of many, many people, like Alex Jones and so forth.

Trust me, just because he's into that whjole reptilian thing, don't write off the other 90% of the stuff he has unconvered. Which is very good, solid information, and pretty scary because he does do the actual footwork, and backs up what he's talking about with sources, and facts.

I know it's hard to get past the "ShapeShifting Reptoids". But some of the greatest thinkers' minds thoughout history have been plagued by slight mental illness, and schitzophrenic tendencies, or even just general anxiety disorders, or even just lesser mental issues.

I've read 2 of his books , each a few times, and watched a long seminar of his I was fortunate to get on DVD, and if you throw away the "reptile" thing, David Icke has some great stuff, that should be taken seriously and looked in to.

So it's a good practice, for me at least imo, to give all fringe writers, and speakers in these conspiracies fields at least a chance. Take the good stuff they say, and keep it, and remember it, and throw away the nonsense. Just because soemone is wrong about one issue of dozens they speak and research on, doesn't mean they are then automatically wrong on everything else they say. Well thats my 2 cents. I take what I can from people like David Icke, or Alex Jones, or Alex Collier, and I toss the rest in the trash.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Nola213]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Having read quite a lot of Icke's stuff, I am not going to go into the merits of what he says ... but I do like to read a lot and in the end draw my own conclusions about what resonates with my own truth.

I will however point out that one is not necessarily an expert in any given field of study simply because you have a piece of paper to show for it ... and likewise, one is not necessarily and idiot in any field because you haven't studied it in any formal institution. I have come across many many blithering idiots who claim to have a degree in this or that (not forgetting the pass percentage is sometimes ridiculously low) ... and then also some people who have never had formal eduction in a field, but that through passion and dedication, they have become masters of the field.

We have to question everything and if we don't, then I believe we deserve what's coming to us

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join