It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry is unChristian

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by refuse2lose2nwo

Yes, in a word. You must be respectful of others. Thats not too hard. My mom taught me that many years ago.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by refuse2lose2nwo

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by Evangelical

The Lodge isn't the place to spread the Gospel. You have other religions there, be respectful.

Under that logic, then nobody can spread any religious beliefs because they would have to be respectful of everyone involved. In theory if I beleived in Buddha, than are you saying I can't spread his teachings because I had to be respectful of a Christian in the room. It seems flawed to me if the masons claim all religions are to be heard and welcome but I must be respectful of all those around me.

That is exactly correct, at least as it applies to a private club called Masonry. We do not want anyone pushing any religion or politics in the lodge. We want a harmonious brotherhood, and that seems to be almost impossible where religion and politics are concerned. There are plenty of other places to push your beliefs. Masonry is about acting as a good and upright man and Mason, keeping your passions in due bounds, and treating the human race with goodwill!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Freemasonry is absolutely compatible with Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, etc.

We do not allow religious or political topics to be discussed in lodge.

As a Christian I would say judging the beliefs of others, or disparaging their activities, is unChristian.

Jesus gave us one great Commandment, the New Commandment. Love each other.

Masons see all people as one family under the Fatherhood of God. The allegorical rituals and lessons of Freemasonry can absolutely benefit Christians.

The intent is to give you the tools, which you then use in your own faith journey. Your journey is between you and your Supreme Being. None of us would presume to tell you what the nature or name of your Supreme Being is.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
Freemasonry is absolutely compatible with Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, etc.

We do not allow religious or political topics to be discussed in lodge.

As a Christian I would say judging the beliefs of others, or disparaging their activities, is unChristian.

Jesus gave us one great Commandment, the New Commandment. Love each other.

Masons see all people as one family under the Fatherhood of God. The allegorical rituals and lessons of Freemasonry can absolutely benefit Christians.

The intent is to give you the tools, which you then use in your own faith journey. Your journey is between you and your Supreme Being. None of us would presume to tell you what the nature or name of your Supreme Being is.

Ok i do want to make it clear that I am a Christian as well. But my problem is this...

As Christians we are supposed to beleieve that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation. It is obviously a monotheistic religion and while we clearly can and should tolerate everyone, because all our welcome to our faith, we ARE NOT IN ANY WAY supposed to tolerate the idea of another God.

It is also clear that any true Christian should not join the free masons. It is clear in the Bible that God told us not to take any oaths. Not on God. Not on temples. Not even ourselves because nothing belongs to us. Here is a quote from the Bible that says...

But I say to you, do not swear at all. Neither by Heaven for it is God's throne. Nor by the Earth for it is His footstool. (His meaning God's). Nor by Jerusalem for it is the city of the great King. Nor shall you swear by your head because you can not make one hair white or black. But let your yes be yes, and your no, no. For whatever is more than this is from the evil one. Mathew 5.34-44

So basically my the Masons making you take an oath in my eye means it is an anti Chrisitian organization because it is forcing you to go against the laws of your own Faith.

Scond point I want to make is we do not judge other religions because as Christians, we are both to agree that we know other religions are false. Like I said this does not mean we are not tolerant of others. In fact we are supposed to LOVE AND WELCOME ALL... Like you said we are supposed to love thy neighboor... But tolerating other religions is going against the laws of God

Lastly God says we do not need the tools of men and we are not supposed to do any sort of pagan rituals to honor God. God gave us the New Testament, the Commandments, and the Gospel as the tools we should use to honor him.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by refuse2lose2nwo

In Freemasonry you can still keep your religious belief and still be respectful to other beliefs. We're not tolerating another god, but that someone else has a different view. That's the reason why religion is not allowed to be discussed so one view isn't being pushed around over another.

Our oaths don't interfere with our religious beliefs. That is your interpretation of it.

Wait, you said:

Like I said this does not mean we are not tolerant of others.

But then you said:

But tolerating other religions is going against the laws of God

Double talking just a little.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Ok i do want to make it clear that I am a Christian as well. But my problem is this...

As Christians we are supposed to beleieve that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation.
That's only one interpretation. What he said could also be read as "The only way to salvation is to live your life as I lead mine." It's easy to interpret the relevant portions of the Bible as Jesus not wanting to be worshipped himself, but to offer himself as an example for those around him. How can anyone say one interpretation is more correct than another?

It is obviously a monotheistic religion and while we clearly can and should tolerate everyone, because all our welcome to our faith, we ARE NOT IN ANY WAY supposed to tolerate the idea of another God.
Just out of curiosity, how many omnipotent, omniscient, life, the universe & everything-creating Gods do YOU suppose there might be? I figure there can be only one. If I'm praying to Yaweh and you're praying to Jehova, aren't we in fact praying to the same entity?

It is also clear that any true Christian should not join the free masons. It is clear in the Bible that God told us not to take any oaths. Not on God. Not on temples. Not even ourselves because nothing belongs to us. Here is a quote from the Bible that says...
Yet people swear in court or get married every day...

Scond point I want to make is we do not judge other religions because as Christians, we are both to agree that we know other religions are false. Like I said this does not mean we are not tolerant of others. In fact we are supposed to LOVE AND WELCOME ALL... Like you said we are supposed to love thy neighboor... But tolerating other religions is going against the laws of God
How the hell can you love thy neighbor and also be intolerant?

Lastly God says we do not need the tools of men and we are not supposed to do any sort of pagan rituals to honor God.
And yet a majority of Christians celebrate both Easter and Christmas.
Let's see. Easter is what, the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Vernal Equinox? Yeah. THAT'S not pagan...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Or Poseidon's trident.

When Christianity came into popularity the world was covered in Pagan art and its a historical fact that instead of destroying and remaking statues they just fell upon symbols and monuments already in place from the dying paganism.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

this is what makes me so sad for some Christians. They have been brought up in a church that had leaders with small minds. How exactly do you know you are right and everyone else is wrong? here is a hint on the answer, YOU DON"T!!! you will find out when you die, but I suspect you will find that heaven is full of people who lived good lives and loved God no matter what religion they were. When you claim you are the only one going to heaven and so are the Muslems, which one will get in? They think they are just as right as you are. My God, our God is a loving God not a vengefull God.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
That's only one interpretation. What he said could also be read as "The only way to salvation is to live your life as I lead mine." It's easy to interpret the relevant portions of the Bible as Jesus not wanting to be worshipped himself, but to offer himself as an example for those around him. How can anyone say one interpretation is more correct than another?

And I fully believe this was Jesus true intention. If he knew his father is the one and only God, the big guy, the head honcho, the big cheese,...you get the point, how would you get the idea that he wanted us to worship him? He wanted us to worship God, His father. I think he even mentioned that from time to time.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
I used to be a freemason and I had given the first degree lecture by memory, verbatim. After becoming Christian I decided to do the lecture again, I needed to relearn it and that is when Jesus unmade me as a Mason. Masonry is not compatible with Christianity because it teaches a false Gospel.

First it teaches you go to heaven because of yourown endeavours in a rectitude of conduct and purity of life. It teaches you are saved by a virtuous education. All this is false. The Gospel is clear, through Jesus Christ we are saved not through works.

It then replaces Jesus Christ with yourself. You are resurrected under the guise of Hiram Abiff. You are places in the north east corner because the cornerstone is first placed there? Or is it?

Jesus Christ is the corner stone, evidenced in Ephesians. The north east, the north being the right hand of God.

It may be harmless but if you want to go through the motions of the Christian life, then do it ad a Christian not as a Freemason.

For these reasons I don't think Christians should be Masons.

I was a mason for seven years and being called from it was a powerful and moving and humbling display of the power of Jesus Christ.

Masonry has existed since long before Christ, and since before Jehova adopted the Jews as his chosen people.

It's not anti-Christian but it surely isn't christian.

We believe that each person has their own right to their own religion, and that is for them alone to decide. We can discuss beliefs (but not in the lodge) but should not put people down for choosing one.

So, in answer, thank God Masonry isn't christian!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by JoshNorton

And I fully believe this was Jesus true intention. If he knew his father is the one and only God, the big guy, the head honcho, the big cheese,...you get the point, how would you get the idea that he wanted us to worship him? He wanted us to worship God, His father. I think he even mentioned that from time to time.

The Father, Son and the Holy Spirt are one and the same. So yes you can Worship Jesus Christ.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Govenor

The Father, Son and the Holy Spirt are one and the same. So yes you can Worship Jesus Christ.

I mean when Jesus was here on earth. He did't tell everyone he was God, he told everyone about God.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Then what is the point in being a good guy, I'll just kill rape, plunge, trick, lie then on my death bed knowing I have to do this is just say I'm sorry and get saved.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

just go say two hail Marys and 10 our fathers, and put 10 bucks in the collection plate. there, do you feel better?

(I agree with you, it how you live, not how good you are at last minute praying)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Govenor

I mean when Jesus was here on earth. He did't tell everyone he was God, he told everyone about God.
He did more then that. He was a teacher.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Govenor

yes. He was.

and by all accounts, a very nice guy.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Govenor

yes. He was.

and by all accounts, a very nice guy.
Yes thank you. But he was and still is God.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Govenor

yes. he is. and by my account, still a very nice guy.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Govenor

yes. he is. and by my account, still a very nice guy.

But you my man or Not A Nice Guy. Go In Peace.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Then what is the point in being a good guy, I'll just kill rape, plunge, trick, lie then on my death bed knowing I have to do this is just say I'm sorry and get saved.

There are many people who do indeed think that Christianity, as it is commonly practiced, is a morally corrupt religion for precisely the reason you state. I would be among them.

Of course I respect the right of a person to choose their religion, but I figure, if you're going to bother with an organized system of belief, enshrined in an organization made of men and women on earth, you should choose one that inculcates morality and does not excuse people from moral duties.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join