It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry is unChristian

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I used to be a freemason and I had given the first degree lecture by memory, verbatim. After becoming Christian I decided to do the lecture again, I needed to relearn it and that is when Jesus unmade me as a Mason. Masonry is not compatible with Christianity because it teaches a false Gospel.

First it teaches you go to heaven because of yourown endeavours in a rectitude of conduct and purity of life. It teaches you are saved by a virtuous education. All this is false. The Gospel is clear, through Jesus Christ we are saved not through works.

It then replaces Jesus Christ with yourself. You are resurrected under the guise of Hiram Abiff. You are places in the north east corner because the cornerstone is first placed there? Or is it?

Jesus Christ is the corner stone, evidenced in Ephesians. The north east, the north being the right hand of God.

It may be harmless but if you want to go through the motions of the Christian life, then do it ad a Christian not as a Freemason.

For these reasons I don't think Christians should be Masons.

I was a mason for seven years and being called from it was a powerful and moving and humbling display of the power of Jesus Christ.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I've argued this on another similar post but most masons say they don't care if it's not christian! They only believe in a supreme being and it doesn't seem to matter what the name of that being is. . . I've found that there's a lot of confusion concerning this. Some say they're christian, some say they look on freemasonry as their religion while others say that religion doesn't come into it. . . With all this confusion there's no wonder that so many conspiracy theorists, including myself, find the freemasons such easy fodder. When you can't tell the truth because you have to keep the secrets then you can be accussed of anything. What I'm trying to do is seperate the wheat from the chaff.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I've no issue with it being unchristian... makes it seem a little more credible in my eyes.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thanks for this.
I was looking into membership at this church where I live and they had this special process, I can't even remember what they called it, but where you would confess and all that, but to a group of people and one of the things they grouped together with a lot of other wicked stuff was freemasonry.

I have to admit that I know almost as little about it now as I did then. But heck, it's secret, so I guess I'm not that bad off...

It would seem that you are in a pretty unique position to shed some light on things for those of us that don't understand it.

If you can do so, without jeopardizing your or compromising your beliefs, I would love to learn more about it.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well for me the secrecy just seems to keep the sense of belonging to something.

If Freemasonry were not a religion it should not teach a path to Heaven.

If it were only a charity and you are Christian then be in a Church doing good works not a lodge.

If you are there for fellowship then as a Christian you are a fellow to all men and women young and old, not to some Fraternity.

Fremasonry silences the Gospel in it's doors, if you cannot stand up and tell your Muslim
Or Hindu brother the Good News, then you are choosing to allow a part of your life where the Gospel and thus God cannot go.

For me upon realizing this seemingly harmless fact it was like being in Hell.

After two days of prayer I realized I could not give the lectures, and that Jesus renamed me as He renamed the apostles because He has that sovereign authority!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
And rant begins...

Anti-christian as church down the street? Good deal, I say. Against the authentic (best as we know) teachings of the Christ? Boo. Anti, in the sense of making oneself god? Again, boo. I don't know as I have never been through any of the rituals but I have a strong sense that Jesus' Christians look little like what I might find on a random Sunday.

Rant over.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

Cool where can I sign up then?
Who cares if it's unchristian anyway? Doesn't mean it's wrong. In fact look at what christianity and all organized (or revealed) religion has done to the world, you can't tell me it's all been peachy the past couple thousand years, or more. If this is what your gods represent, then I want no part of these so called deities.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Er, so... what exactly is your point?
It's "unChristian" --- alright... and? Do free masons claim it is Christian?

If not, where are you going with this?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think Jesus called me from being a freemason as He said Simon is now named Peter. I have not felt an urge to leave the lodge formally, by cancelling membership, and I have not gone to lodge in over half a year. Maybe I will witness to a brother or be called out layer, I don't know.

But I have a lot of fellows there who are like uncles to me, because I joined when I was 18. My first real job was for a guy I took the 2nd degree with side by side. He's now worshipful master.

But for me I cannot choose anything but Christ first.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bvproductions
Er, so... what exactly is your point?
It's "unChristian" --- alright... and? Do free masons claim it is Christian?

If not, where are you going with this?

Freemasonry claims it is compatible with all faiths including Christianity when it in fact is not at all compatible not because of it being inclusive but because it specifically excludes the Gospel from discussion.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

so-u-are-resurrected-in-a-giuse-of-a-"god?"-you-yourself?

that-would-also-mean-you-are-beginning-and-end?-alpha-and-omega?

does-that-come-with-knowledge-of-what-has-been-what-is-now-and-what-will-be?

and-iv;e-heard-that-freemasonry-you-use-altered-states-of-consciosness?-is-that-a-part-of-the-"religion?",if-so-then-what-does-it-achieve?-divinatio n?

lots-of-questions-but-i-guess-i'll-not-get-an-answer-except-no-we-do-not-do-that....eh?

interesting-you-were-in-the-fold-and-left?-what-could-have-been-wrong?
just-the-idea-of-the-teachings?

all-the-same-im-not-bothered-if-i-never-find-out-there-are-more-pressing-things-going-on-just-now?

peace

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

So there seems little point to this thread ~ it'd be like me starting a thread saying "I don't wear yellow"...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
Freemasonry claims it is compatible with all faiths including Christianity when it in fact is not at all compatible not because of it being inclusive but because it specifically excludes the Gospel from discussion.

It also excludes discussion of the Torah, Koran and politics (among others) while in lodge. Does this make it anti- everything I mentioned?

You can freely discuss all of these topics after lodge without any concern.

Either way, if you feel you need to leave for your own personal or religious reasons then everyone should respect that.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You will be in for a second rude awakening when you learn about the true history of Christianity

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Do the freemasons promote good in the world? Do they create a brotherhood among men? Just because they are not a religious organization does not mean that they are "un-Christian". There are many things that are "un-Christian" in the world, for example: public schools. It doesn't mean that they are all bad.

Jesus said "Above all else, love one another". In my personal opinion, it is more important to be Christ-like, rather than Christian. But that's just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It is only "UnChristian" within your view of Christianity, but not within others. For instance, the main reason that Free Masons were even condemned to begin with had to do with their opposition to the ideological vice grip that the Catholic Church of times past had upon the populace of Europe, and much of the Western World. This is how they subsequently received the label of being a "Satanic Society", and it was done in an attempt to discredit and abolish them.

I have known some Free Masons, and women with the OES, and they are as Christian and Religious, if not more so, than just about anyone I have ever known. They were, and are, also amongst some of the best people period that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. If what you say is in fact true, then I can see and respect your conflict with the differing ideals, but I am not wholly certain that by-in-large Free Masonry is in any way, shape, or form, "UnChristian".

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
You will be in for a second rude awakening when you learn about the true history of Christianity

Could you clarify that? I am pretty well versed in history and the the bible, so I feel that I know the true history of Christianity, and I know the past 2000 years haven't all been peaches and cream, but that is due to the weakness and sin in man, not the fault of the belief system.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Finding something to believe in is fine, but put the Bible down for a minute and research Christianity itself, specifically the cultures that predate Rome and Greece.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical

... through Jesus Christ we are saved not through works.

You either accept the work that was done or your don't.

Unbelievers are scumbags.

That much masons and christians can agree on.

Death to the unbelivers, life to everyone else.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join