It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is our knowledge stored in our brain, or somewhere else?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

I would say both. When I had my OBE, the first thing I noticed was how everything seemed so surreal and blissful. I didn't have a care in the world. All the negative emotional baggage I accumulated throughout my life was completely gone. So how do you explain that, where did all these negative emotions go? Another thing I noticed was my clarity of mind and how all my senses were magnified ten fold.

I agree with what you say in that I also believe that our knowledge and memories exist elsewhere, probably on a central server that is a lot more powerful and has a lot more storage capacity than our brains can handle. When we leave our physical bodies, we are no longer restrained by the limitations of our physical bodies and therefore have no limitations.

I think this reality is a simulation running on a very powerful computer, probably quantum in nature, so none of it is real, it's all just an illusionary reality and everything that exists within this reality is created by a computer that exists outside of this reality and there is also the possibility that the computer itself is also just another simulation. At the end of the day, is anything real.

Some people think the mind is not just stored in the brain but throughout the body, I can relate to this. Some even think that it exists as part of a field, with the brain a receiver.

Our bodies are obviously a lot more complex than we can imagine. Various authors claim that our DNA acts as a storage device and are used to store memories. Bruce Lipton goes one step futher and claims that all the cells in our bodies are affected by our thoughts and we can literally change these cells simply by thinking positive.

www.brucelipton.com...

[edit on 27-7-2009 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
reply to post by dmorgan

I would say both. When I had my OBE, the first thing I noticed was how everything seemed so surreal and blissful. I didn't have a care in the world. All the negative emotional baggage I accumulated throughout my life was completely gone. So how do you explain that, where did all these negative emotions go?

You went up into a state of bliss.

Another thing I noticed was my clarity of mind and how all my senses were magnified ten fold.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The point of all this is that brain-based memory is too limited an idea, and is inadequate to explain all the data we have now on out of body experiences.
The brain-based idea serves the interests of those who want to convince us that mental problems are best handled by using drugs. Psych drugs are a huge business and probably the main reason that science and medicine continue to hold onto the idea that the mind is brain-based. This is a real moral lapse on the part of science but that should not keep people like us from studying more workable ideas, as many do exist.

The fact that head and brain damage often leads to mental problems can be explained by the obvious necessity for a strong connection between the brain and the mind. Any structural damage to the head or brain would tend to interfere with this connection.

An energy-based model for the mind and memory storage also does not rule out the probability that memory storage exists at various different levels. You could have cellular memory, body memory, the memories of the basic personality, as well as higher levels.

Probably most experiences explained by the idea of akashic records could also be explained by the energy model of the mind. A being takes this mind with it from lifetime to lifetime. Such a model has extremely vast storage capabilities. But this certainly doesn't rule out the possibility that something like the akashic records could also exist.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

In my religion, going out of body is called "exteriorization."

In exteriorizing, a being can remain connected to its mind, or go exterior to that as well. It's a matter of degree.

I hope your experience gave you a renewed sense of your own identity and power, as separate from that of your body. If so that's a good win and a valuable lesson that can be learned from any exteriorization experience.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
etherical waterwave -You went up into a state of bliss.

It's amazing and empowering experience, it's a shame we can't feel this way 24/7. It would definitely make life more bearable.

l_e_cox Thanks! It certainly did. I was in complete awe, being confronted by something that is so much bigger than myself and is it even possible to comprehend it. All my spiritual experiences have made me a lot more open minded and receptive, and there's definitely a lot more to this universe than meets the eye.
Every possibility no matter how bizarre should be scrutinized with an open mind.

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
Douglas Adams

[edit on 27-7-2009 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Might be stored in our subconscious

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I would tell you that every cell in the human body contains light which is information stored, so do the math on what we humans contain within our bodies. The stories of the universes and beyond.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join