It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dorset, UK - What on earth is going on??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hello Peeps,

For the last couple of months both myself and my other half have witnessed lights moving across the sky. I've posted some of my experiences in other threads, some people saying satelites while others have said lanterns...but this is getting silly/intense now.

Every night we go out side for a cigarette and observe the sky, weather permitting. Over the last two months we have seen numerous lights travelling across the sky at various speeds and in various numbers. There is an airport not that far away, but you can clearly see the aeroplanes and helicopters, you can tell by the noise and the lights.

Now, I'm not going to shout "Alien UFO" without some solid concrete proof, as I am fully aware that they could be lanterns. Last month we witnessed 3 travelling at slow speeds for over two hours. Last week we witnessed one light slowly travelling north then stop in the sky for an hour. Now last night was extremely clear, lots of stars out, and this time we witness 3 lights, one travelling north at a constant speed, one started to travel north then stopped in the same position as the one last month and then one very faint light going a lot faster, but west. These are only a few, almost every night we're seeing them...

Now, either every night some joker is setting off lanterns which they can make last for a couple of hours and stop in the sky at the same place, I'm seeing the ISS move then stop, or satellites???

Is anyone else in the area (Poole, Dorset), any ideas...?

Unfortunately I've only got a 10MP still camera and it doesn't pick up the lights.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I see things like this all the time on a clear night, i once saw what i thought was a star suddenly start to move and disappear, it was tiny and must of been very high above the earth.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
There is a radar research centre within the area. It's highly secretive, significant amount of Research and Development. MOD have other facilities in the South West as well.

SBS training programs are scheduled within the area too.

Do not see my comments as criticism, merely pointing out the evidence of Ministry of Defence activity.

Tests flights are notorious in the South West of England, USAF carries out "black projects" as a part of its agreement with the UK government, F-117 Nighthawk is believed to be responsible for the black triangles during the 1980s in Dorset and Cornwall.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Hey,
I'm in poole aswell, have been noticing alot of strange things in the sky recently.
Not managed to get any photographs, It's getting alot more 'active' up there as of late, dont you think?.

Anyone else from around the area noticed anything strange?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

I am from Kent and can confirm things moving across the sky at various speeds. Whenever i go out for a smoke i see 2-3 of these things, but i just dismissed them as satellites. Look like moving stars.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GuitarHero

It' very interesting what infinite posted, I was not aware of this.

However I do agree, whatever is going on in the sky, it is increasing. Every night now you can see what looks like stars moving for a while then stop in the same position for hours. To me it look like the lights are pretending to be stars... I find it strange that they some of them go back to the same postitons as they did on previous nights.

If it is MOD stuff, then whatever their reason their activity is increasing...ops every night...now that seems a lot of activity to me..

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I've been seeing the same up here in Manchester.

Here's a 5sec image I took of one of them.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2a35cc384d8.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a35b2b3ac125.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

I really wish I had a telescope so I could have a proper look at these things...

Last night was a bit intense, due to the stopping in the same spot as the other week and one of them coming in heading west.

I need answers god damn it!

CX

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm not far from there.

My kids and i have been watching the skies a lot recently and are always seeing things up in the night sky. From the info i've had from helpful members here though, they see to be satallites.

The ISS has been making some good passes lately too, from here it looked like a very bright star going over head.

Your area has always been a place for the kind of thing Infinte is talking about.

CX.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I live in Bournemouth and smoke outside as well!!!!
I can honestly say I have never seen anything in the sky other than planes, satellites, meteors and nocturnal birds, and that is not for want of looking.

I live approx 1 mile south of hurn airport.

I am jealous, as I would love to see something I can't explain...........

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664

I live in bournemouth, which direction of the sky are these and what sort of time. Might see if I can hunt them too =D

Peace

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

That looks like a solar balloon.

Infact I am pretty sure thats what that is.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

The photo UKWO1Phot posted was a 5 second timelapse image.

I've been seeing the same up here in Manchester. Here's a 5sec image I took of one of them.

But thanks for your post!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm in Suffolk, if it's a clear night I'll try and do some star watching n see if we have anything up here!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501

Originally posted by dsm1664

I live in bournemouth, which direction of the sky are these and what sort of time. Might see if I can hunt them too =D

Peace

Here's a map...

The arrow heading towards Poole, is where most of the lights are heading... The arrow on the right is where we saw the faster smaller light last last night.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by dsm1664]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

What is a 5 second time lapse image? I think I know what you mean, but I want to make sure, before I insert my foot in mouth and throw myself off the bridge...lol

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Sorry, time lapse is the wrong term, my fault...

I mean changing the shutter speed to changed to allow 5 seconds of image to processed.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a mate of mine is on the gates at hamworthy marine/SBS base, he told me a couple of weeks ago there was a lot of military activity going on their lately.

maybe nothing, but you never know

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Just thought of another major flaw in that post...Solar balloon., at night...in the uk...11-14 degrees?? Nope.

Sorry, just thought I'd be a smart arse.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by j04j07e71

That base is kind of small and is next door to a holiday park. I don't think they have aircraft flying in and out of there...hundreds of people would know about it and be taking holiday photos...however it is interesting that you say activity has increased of late, same as the lights in the sky.

INVASION!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join