It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dorset, UK - What on earth is going on??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I live in southend on sea in Essex , and for the past few years I have seen some very odd things in the sky . Just last week I was at my friends place , and he , a back yard full of pals , and myself saw sixteen orange orbs passing over the house . They moved in perfect synch but they were not planes... they seemed close but there was NO sound what so ever, and barely any breeze to carry away the sounds that you would expect from an aircraft engine. I caught some poor video (all you can really see is specks because my vid function isnt up to it ) . But my friend caught one object on his camera... funny thing is, when he examined the image it was actualy a spiral of objects/ light sources. If I can get him to get his crap together I will post the image, along with my naf video.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by TrueBrit]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ok I live very close to the airport and haven't noticed too much of late. What sort of time are you talking about?
Also from your map it would like it's worth taking a drive up to Studland one night as the view there across the bay is great and you would get a better idea of where these lights are going/coming from indeed if SBS etc may even be above them.

Interesting to see how many other locals are here though.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 13-7-2009 by johnb]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Well Solar Balloons gather heat in the day to float at night. My dad knows someone who makes them. They CAN fly at night and if they are released they can travel over 140-240 miles without any altitude change. It is possible.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

To me it look like the lights are pretending to be stars... I find it strange that they some of them go back to the same postitons as they did on previous nights.

EXACTLY, I have seen this too and I live in Tennessee, USA! Others have noticed this too, there is A LOT of activity going on now, I have seen at least 10 legitimate UFOs since January, saw one the other night. What they are I do not know but they were not meteors, ISS, sats, or balloons/lanterns. There is another UFO Wave going on all over the world right now actually. I saw one a month ago that was about 3/4 as bright as Venus move halfway across the horizon at a quick speed (about 11-15 seconds) then STOP at the tip of a constellation and take 'formation' with the constellation!

There definitely is something going on, what I can not say although I have my ideas. Your area though, like infinite said, is notorious for secret test flights, in fact it is a hotspot for the infamous TR-3B Astra (black triangle, possibly responsible for the Belgium Wave). So you could be seeing both actual ET and government craft, one or the other, or none and it is something simply prosaic. There is just no way to know for sure beyond that without pictures and more detailed research. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

It is possible but solar balloons do not pulse light faintly once, then bright once before disappearing or taking up position in a star formation or constellation. That is my case though, as far as the OP, sure but like I said without pics and detailed research at best we can just use probability and Occams Razor.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
dsm1662... check your U2U inbox.. thx.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
DSM1664 I live in Parkstone and every night i go out to smoke i see these things. They do change direction and stop like you say. I have never seen anything like it before. Ive seen plenty of satellites in my time and they look nothing like it. Some very strange things happening in our skies at the moment.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I live on the South West coast not to far from you and my friend has been telling me for weeks how she saw 3 slow moving orange balls at night a few weeks back. She said they were way to big to be stars, she described them as little sun's.This was about a month ago on a Saturday night at about 10pm.

This sounds almost exactly the same as what your describing. Interesting

[edit on 13-7-2009 by VitalOverdose]

[edit on 13-7-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I live in the Truro area and do notice quite a few moving bright lights in the sky,after reading a few threads on here I thought they must be satellites,shooting stars or planets but I will look more closely now.
We do have a vast amount of helicopters Day and Night,sometimes like today they only just skim the tree tops by our house. (we live in the middle of nowhere!!)
Today it was a Navy (we think!) but more often than not they are military.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Im in UK too, Essex infact and have also noticed a lot of strangeness in the skies recently.

About a week ago I was on a nearby field during the day. On my own and suddenly hear a helicopter so I look to where it was and I saw a bright-white orb approaching the chopper at high speed. As it got closer it slowed down and moved into position as if parallel with the chopper. As it passed it suddenly faded away and completely vanished. The helicopter (not military, but it was green) then started to make some erratic movements just seconds after it dissapeared, then hovvered above the field I was in, circled it a few times then flew off.

Me and my gf also saw some odd lights in the sky just a couple nights ago. She's never been a believer in all the UFO/Alien stuff but knows that I am so she agreed to come out and take a look at the ISS as it passed over. Within 5 minutes of the ISS passing we saw 3 lights, looked like stars and were dancing around each other before heading off in the same direction as the ISS. She's hardly a "believer" now but it sure shocked her and I think she now has a more open mind about these things - especially because Ive told her about the numerous times Ive seen this kind of thing happen and everytime she laughed it off.

Sorry for the long post anyway. I reported the orb to the MoD earlier today but can't see me getting a reply saying "Hey, thanks for the report, it WAS an alien craft/phenomena you saw" but at least it's another one in the record books. And who knows, if the helicopter pilot reported it too then they cannot call me a "crazy tin-foil hat believer" like the rest hehe

Keep looking up!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

What he meant was a 5 second exposure time, that means the camera took 5 seconds to capture the picture totally or more precisely the shutter was open for 5 seconds. It causes elongated streaks, blurring, and sometimes things looking like patterns.

en.wikipedia.org...

Some examples:

[color=gold]Very long exposure of stars

www.astropix.com...

Shorter exposure of stars

nzphoto.tripod.com...

Long, multiple exposure image of an airplane taking off

blog.seinlin.com...

Looks like a road to the sky doesn't it?! Hope that explained it well enough, although I am no image expert like internos or ArMap by any means.

[edit on 7/13/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 7/13/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

That is pretty cool! Thanks for that, now it makes a little more sense.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by oldno7brand

About a week ago I was on a nearby field during the day. On my own and suddenly hear a helicopter so I look to where it was and I saw a bright-white orb approaching the chopper at high speed. As it got closer it slowed down and moved into position as if parallel with the chopper. As it passed it suddenly faded away and completely vanished. The helicopter (not military, but it was green) then started to make some erratic movements just seconds after it dissapeared, then hovvered above the field I was in, circled it a few times then flew off.

Hem, kinda sounds like the Coyne Incident....

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I wasn't making it up if that's what your suggesting. I'd never even heard of the Coyne Incident until now. I read the first part including witness statements and saw the pics but unfortunately I'm yet to see a UFO up so close lol.

I suppose there's not too many similarities anyway. My sighting looked more like this than anything...(YT below), although the orb was bigger, brighter, steadier and bascially went through the helicopter before dissapearing - all under seemingly controlled/intelligent movements

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by oldno7brand

No, no no! I was NOT suggesting that. Just pointing out the similarity.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ok fair enough, wasn't too sure tbh lol.

second line...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Cool ty for the map i will have a looksy =D

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

I live in Swanage, i haven't noticed anything but we have some big hills which may make it difficult, I'll keep an eye open though mate!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hello all,

Sorry, I'll reply to the U2U and other posts later/tomrrow....but thanks for the comments!

I'm about to watch "Knowing" and after reading a lot of posts about, am really looking forward to it.

I will be popping outside to slowly killy myself during the film (smoke), and will come on here if I see anything....I have a feeling I will.

Normally see them from 10.30-midnight...may happen later, past my bed time...not young, just getting old.

Keep your eye on the sky!

And if anyone in the area has a telescope, use it!

Cheers,

D.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join