It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dorset, UK - What on earth is going on??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
OK, just paused the film and went outside fot a smoke, and I must have great timing as a white light was just passing over head!

Although, I have to admit this one was low compared with the others we have seen and was moving quite fast with the clouds...this one looked like a lantern.

Is someone monitoring ATS and screwing with me!?!? ohh paranoia!

Is it the government setting it off to debunk what I'm seeing!!?!

Oh, my GF just shouted up to me saying that the light that stops in the same place is back and flashing!!!

Will be back in a moment...film will have to wait!!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
where in sky are you looking i'm outside now nr bmth airport
its pretty cloudy and there's a lot of light reflecting off low cloud.
got cam and laptop.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
i went outside about 10.50pm bst. What i saw was a flash out of the corner of my eye and a few seconds later a bright light appeared and was travelling east to west. It flew straight overhead and it was very very bright. It slowed down and turned slightly north. This was no plane or helicopter.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb

Yeah, the low clouds have just covered the sky!

Looking towards Brownsea Island...look at my map on page one.

Going to watch the rest of my film, but will report back if I see anything more.

Something is going on around here....and I want to know what.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by raybies

OK, so at least 3 people have now seen the same thing.

This thread will now be Poole/Bournemouth UFO reports...keep them eyes open.

Cheers,

D

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Sometimes i see a flash in the sky and this is normally when they appear. Maybe the flash is when they enter the atmosphere?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by raybies
Sometimes i see a flash in the sky and this is normally when they appear. Maybe the flash is when they enter the atmosphere?

raybies.. plz check your U2U inbox.. thx.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I was just outside at 10:55pm having a smoke and saw the same thing too. I checked before I went out and the ISS wasn't due until 00:03 so wasn't expecting to see anything.

Upon further investigation it turns out no known satellites going past at that time. Looked exactly the same as the ISS though

EDIT: Ok my bad, it was the ISS afterall

[edit on 13-7-2009 by oldno7brand]

[edit on 13-7-2009 by oldno7brand]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hermantinkly

Originally posted by raybies

raybies.. plz check your U2U inbox.. thx.

nothing yet

[edit on 13-7-2009 by raybies]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ok, so I looked outside tonight, thinking I would see nothing. We had just opened the curtains and turned the light off when we saw one extremley bright light, wavering as it crossed the sky. 2 minutes later we saw another, that grew in blightness and then just suddenly disappeared. Within a couple more minutes we saw two further lights cross the sky and then for the past hour and a bit, nothing. I'm sure that a few, if not all, were satellites but I certainly haven't seen that many in such a short space of time before. (I also saw two shooting stars but I don't think that is something I need to question.
) My hubby is still out on star-watch and ready to shout for me if he sees anything more! Will let you know if so! x

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hi guys, just a few vids of what your seeing.

Ive been seeing these for the last few months.

Although ive seen a lot more than things just changing direction.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Guys, thanks for the reports! Great work!

Well, I finished watching the film, which I would highly recommend, went back outside to see a clear sky.

Spotted 4 lights, 1 plane and a helicopter.

One really bright one, towards Bournemouth from the direction of Poole, slowly moving. One faint but fast heading directly above us towards the west. The one that likes the same spot in the sky was gently moving around in the same spot (not a lantern unless they last for 3-4 hours!) and another over towards the west of Poole slowly moving.

I managed to get some photos, however to skeptics they look like stars...I tried to take some footage with my camera, but wasn't good enough...just black.

Uploading photos now...

BTW Plane had multiple flashing lights and went past the light we saw towards Bournemouth. The helicopter flew from Bournemouth area over to us by Poole Quay.

Going to try and get a telescope or binoculars tomorrow. I want to know what the hell I'm seeing.

If it is just lanterns or satellites, then that's fine by me...just need to confirm this once and for all...too much is going on around here lately.

Cheers peeps,

D.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
OK here's the photos. I'll plot them on the map tomorrow...need to sleep.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm in the Norfolk/Suffolk area. There frequently seems to be strange lights in the skies near the A14 road in the Ipswich area. Just last week I was travelling on this road at night (about 1am) and this weird goldish light seemed to be tracking me.

Bury St Edmunds which is not far away has also had a few strange reports of UFO's in the past few years.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Boots on ground!!! We need boots on ground!!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
dsm1662 i sent the message again. you must've gotten it already. plz check tthx..

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by raybies

This flash is more likely meteors burning up in the atmosphere, but I would not rule anything out. Usually you should look for intelligent controlled maneuvers like rapid speed then a stop then moving again, oh and a lot of times recently it seems these "things" like to take up position and act like stars. Just watch the sky at night, I am pretty sure you will see what am talking about if this is as widespread as it seems.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

So was this object moving or just stationary in the sky? If it was not moving it was more likely a star or planet and dissappeared because of the Earths rotation(ie; the movement of spatial bodies across the Celestial Sphere).

[edit on 7/13/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I was just thinking there seems to be a few of us in and around Bournemouth, how about an evening trip up to st Catherines hill. I have found this is one of the best vantage points in the area. from the hill you have a 360 view of most of Dorset and Hampshire skys!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
There is a LOT of stuff moving around in the night skies. If you get the chance, take a peek through a night vision scope on a clear night. If you are seeing stuff with the naked eye you will have a field day with a scope.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join