It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dorset, UK - What on earth is going on??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I've made a post about it before, but a year ago I saw one of these while taking a smoke outside. I was sitting there, and was scanning the sky.. I didn't think anything at all was strange, until a star broke formation and simply went to traveling across the sky.

I'm in south georgia. with moody airbase nearby. not sure if they have anything going on or not.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by hisshadow]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I watched an orange solid light travel west to east then change direction to south east, all the time it made no sound, was travelling at helicopter speed and stayed at a low altitude as it followed the valley on to the next town and the direction of a large US airforce base close by.

10 mins later a single bright white light travelling west to east went over at very high altitude (amongst the stars), i'm guessing this was either ISS or a satellite.

There are increasingly more 'orb' like lights in the sky over the UK especially in the last month or so, I am sure most can be put down to chinese latterns but some remain a mystery. Have been trying to think of important areas of interest close to me, and can only think of the two nuclear power stations south west of me, and the US airbase south east of me, all within 50 miles of my location

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Looks like there is definately something going on just around the coast in Exmouth Devon.

Check out this link:

www.exmouthherald.co.uk... Jul 2009 12:48:13:480&tBrand=EXJonline&tCategory=search

If you just search ufo then there are more stories where orange lights have been seen in Sidbury as well

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by j04j07e71

Ok just in from work and caught up with this thread.

You suggested St Catherines hill but I was going to go to Parkstone, Seaview Rd as it has got excellent views over Poole Bay tonight from abt 9:30ish on, bringing a flask, camcorder and binoculars, might even bring laptop and see if I can 'borrow' some bandwith from a nearby house to give any live updates.
I even wondered about driving down to Studland (you know turning left at Corfe castle) there is a layby down that road at the top of the hill with superb views across the bay back towards Poole.

So what do you people reckon would be the prime spot to watch from?

U2U me if you want but I'm going somewhere to look over the bay tonight anybody is welcome to come, I can give you a lift but understand completely if you don't want to get in a car with some nutter on an alien conspiracy site to go look for UFO's

Edit to add - If of course this cloud and rain that has just set in stays around then I will go out tomorrow night or will have to wait till next week as i'm away from thurs till tues.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by johnb]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
has anyone else found that these moving 'stars' happen in a short space to eachother? I've been looking at stars for over an hour with nothing then saw 4 within 5 minutes.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by johnb

Live very close to Sea View.

Group UFO Spotting trip sounds pretty good.

Many more people up for it?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuitarHero
reply to post by johnb

Live very close to Sea View.

Group UFO Spotting trip sounds pretty good.

Many more people up for it?

Im game. Should get a good view from viewpoint.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Did you guys see anything last night or was it mostly cloudy there too?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Just stepped out for a cigarette and just saw a pin prick of white light in the sky. I thought that it was a sattelite but it zig zagged and deviated from its course over Sidmouth heading south west

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ok didn't make it last night by the time the rain had stopped and clouds cleared I was involved in a another discussion.
Tonight I'm just back from a work do and will be away from friday, packing tmrw night for an early start, back tues morn.

If any of you are up for a group watch I would suggest we meet somewhere public and neutral to make sure we are happy with each other before we go out to watch. I would suggest one of the local pubs maybe even that one down on the front at sandbanks (can't remember name) as it's easy to find. If anybody wants to suggest a better place feel free.
I am happy to describe myself and which clothes I will wear so you can recognise me and if you decide not to bother that's fine. Also if anyone who turns up changes their mind that has to be fine with everyone too.
So can anybody name that pub or suggest a better one or location for a meet.
Obviously if you are going to meet up before next tues eve you will have to pick someone else as a recognition point but I hope you can wait.
Next wednesday the 22nd gives us time to decide if we really want to do this and decide a meeting point. I was planning on bringing a flask,camera and possibly some nibbles. Might see if I can borrow a telescope or a tripod unless anybody else can bring one.

Anyway if you are game either reply here or U2U me.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Just seen 4 in about 10 minutes. Then saw two travelling side by side. About 11.15pm

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Hi there,

Sounds like we have a match.

I saw five of 'the bright orange/crimson lights too, back in April this year, over Ashford, Kent.

Here's a link to a thread about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Weirdly enough i have just seen almost identically the same thing tonight just outside Birmingham (UK), Solihull to be exact. It was most definitely not a satellite as i have sat watching them hundreds of times, as recently as two weeks ago whilst on holiday camping in Cornwall i sat up all night watching satellite's pass and saw nothing unusual.

I have only ever seen one UFO, that possibly could have been a plane, i remember watching a cigar shaped object move very fast over my house when i was about 14. I can't be 100% it was anything special so really i discount it.

Tonight i was sitting in a friends car after he picked up a gas lantern for a festival he's going to on the weekend and straight ahead of us i saw a very bright object moving in our direction then do an instant 90 degree turn and fade till out of sight, i was pretty amazed and in a frenzy of pointing and saying "Whoah!" a lot. My first real UFO sighting pretty exiting stuff for me! I spend a lot of time looking at the night sky and have never seen anything unusual before. We sat talking about it for a couple of minutes and just as i went to get out of the car i spotted the same object re-appear in the direction it moved in and we both watched it zig zag but on the same course until it made an upwards movement pretty damn fast and fade and disappear in about 3/4 seconds. Cue more pointing and me saying "Whoa!". Its a totally clear night, no clouds it could have disappeared behind and the first turn it made was incredible.

I actually think i probably looked very similar if not identical to this smiley...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

www.youtube.com...

i think this is what you saw, check out the videos this guy uploaded. I'm also a witness to dis , i see the lights every time the sky is clear at night.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by aquarius7

Yes that is what I saw, but only one and it zig zagged then continued on its way untill it disappeared. It was very clear last night

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Heard last night that there have been more reported sightings in the UK than last already.
Re UFO watch tomorrow night for those who have expressed an interest, subject to weather.
Ok so we will meet in the Sandacres 3, Banks Rd, Sandbanks Poole, BH13 7PW if anybody doesn't know it.

Wed 22nd as agreed, I will get there for about 9:30pm and will wait till about 10:00 before heading up Seaview Rd.
I'm bald with glasses, will wear a blue,brown,white striped short sleeved top and depending how busy/quiet it is i'll stand at bar or sit as near the door as possible. If i've got a table will put a copy of Stichin's 'The End of Days' on the table or be reading it if you're the first to arrive.

See you tomorow night.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Ok weather not good today and forecast is poor, also feel like s##t today so let's postpone.
By all means though meet up yourselves and let me know.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Count me in, I can't seem to see anything out of the ordinary in the sky.

I would like to come along and have a look, maybe I am looking in the wrong direction.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Saturday July 25th 10PM. Felixstowe, Suffolk UK.

Just leaving Felixstowe, driving on the A14 when I look up and see an orange lantern like object. It didn't seem that high up in the sky. Sky was still quite light but getting towards being dark. I couldn't really track the object, as I was driving. It was heading east towards Felixstowe. Not sure what it could have been.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
sat 8/8 10:35

just been outside looked up and saw a red flashing object moving faster than a satellite heading due south, def not a plane as no navigation lights, from overhead to out of view approx 20 seconds, flashing was erratic, ie not spinning or lights flashing,

never seen anything like it!!!!!!!

any ideas.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join