It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Adviser Says U.S. Should Mull Second Stimulus

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Oh come on people! Tons of this bailout money is going to fund the pointless wars in Iraq and Afghanistan! Americans need to pull their head out of their asses and demand an end to both of them. Our MI complex is more bloated than anything and people are sitting their bitching about how much money is funneled to banks and corporations. LMAO! America needs to get its priorities straight. Support our troops? Yeah sure, they are bleeding us dry! Most believe in the wars and fighting the big bad Taliban. The MI complex is ruining our country not just the banks and Wall Street.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Laura Tyson should mull having the collective boot of the American population up her _ _ s.

As well I would have her arrested and charged with conspiracy of theft of 300 million people.

This administration is making 8 years of Bush seem like a walk in the park.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Hey but remember the no left behind bill, we can translate to too big to fail banks it has the same intention and the same lousy results.

While the teachers have to pass poor students even if they are far from able so the government is doing the same with banks, even if they are a failure they just can not let them fail.

Morons is what we have in our nations government.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

wow, Marg, you and I actually agree on something!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
If I heard correctly last night, only about 60 billion of the 800 billion has been used. So, where's the rest and just because they "misjudged" the economy the first time, why the H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STIX do we want to spend more of our tax money for people who can't get it right the first time. Because people still aren't working and business are still closing. Guess the great grandchildren won't mind either.

This is billions of dollars, not incorrect change for a Coke at the jiffy mart.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yep, failure is a good thing, in more ways than one. If you set up the system where nobody can fail then nobody learns.

Except they are rushing us into communism, all the while saying we believe in free-market capitalism.

I love double speak.

And I agree we have a bunch of lunatic morons in congress.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Any more stimulus and I can guarantee the revolution would begin. There will be blood in the streets of all the political centers. Politicians will have to live in bunkers.

I hope they are not THAT insane. I mean, we all know they ARE INSANE, but are they THAT INSANE?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is reminiscent of the butchers during the middle ages that bled patients in an attempt to "cure" them. The current patient, the economy had nearly been bled to death, and the administration wants to drain what little blood is left in it.
This is the return of the Dark Ages.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
When will these idiots in Government realize you can't just fix a problem by throwing money at it? First stimulus bill - nothing. Second stimulus bill - nothing. So, the first two have so far failed. Well, duh, gee, huh huh, let's push through ANOTHER one....MABYE the third one will work. I don't base this on any facts (even though I can clearly see the first two failed), I hope though. Hope & Change baby!!!!!!!

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Manwin]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well they dang sure better be putting some of that funny money in OUR pockets this time. None of this $300 chump change either, I want at least a couple thousand; it is all totally worthless anyway so why not let us go down for the last count with a little style?

All that money Obama gave these greedy banksters? Have any of you tried to BORROW any of that money lately? Don't get your hopes up.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Manwin

When will these idiots in Government realize you can't just fix a problem by throwing money at it? First stimulus bill - nothing. Second stimulus bill - nothing. So, the first two have so far failed. Well, duh, gee, huh huh, let's push through ANOTHER one.

Actually, the stimulus money was never intended for the average American. It was merely a way to funnel money to the crooks that finance the political campaigns. Another stimulus would only go to the lobbyists and their clients.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well....it looks like it's time to get the printers going again. Of course, I'm not sure they've stopped running since the last stimulus.

What's the matter Obama, are you not bankrupting us fast enough...has China not taken enough control of the world financial markets...

Well, by all means since we didn't get it right the first time, and it proved to be rather ineffective in almost all sectors, then just throw more of China's money into it!!

I'm sure with another $500 billion or so they can get it right....

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Alot of good the first stimulus package did. I called my bank today to see if I could sign up for the Federal Program to lower my mortgage as part of the bailout program. They told me that because of the investor that holds the deed to my house, I'm ineligible. WTF? I'm paying taxes to pay for this blank check that they wrote, and the programs they promised would help us, yet I'm not eligible to use them? I lost my income, have no income whatsoever coming in right now, yet I'm not eligible for the program they set up to help people that are in my type of situation. So sick of this country.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

this is exactly what Obama is hoping for in order to get a second stimulus through.

Don't vote yes for this hoping THIS time you will see the money in your pocket....you won't. Period.

How many times does a stimulus plan have to he completely ineffective and wasteful for people to realize it's never going to work!!

Hurt me once shame on you...

Please wake up and realize you will never, ever see this money. The only money you WILL see is the hundreds and thousands of dollars leaving your paycheck to pay for it!!!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
They've only spent like 10% of the first faux-stimulus. Shouldn't they spend the entire amount of the first one before they start thinking about a second one?
Freak'n dumb.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
A bit too small? Geez tell the truth. Misappropriated! And of course that's going to happen with no accounting.

First they say the money simply hasn't "gotten there" and now this? Liars.

Where are all the jobs??? Did the states drop the ball on this one? What the heck is the deal here as he sees it really? Too small?????????????????

Put the money in OUR pockets.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The problem is that even when the money is not distributed yet, its already been allocated and what the government is facing is the fact that even they allocation will do nothing to fix the economic mess.

That is why they have to act fast and soon.

Because the purpose of the money is to stimulate the economy but the problem is bigger and we all know where the problem is, but the morons in Washington and their greedy private agendas have other priorities and the American people is not the first on the list. So far everything is to keep the Markets afloat.

Remember, where are the 1 million jobs?.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

That's the funniest part. There was an entire article on the New York Times about how the majority of people trying to apply for his mortgage assistance program don't qualify.

It even went on to say that they couldn't find many people that do qualify.

People are starting to catch on to Obama, I only hope it's not too late. He is consistently providing ambiguous figures to back up his plans that never really come to fruition.

-- For example - he's going to SAVE OR create 500k jobs. How exactly do you prove you saved jobs? Especially since the unemployment rate keeps growing.

-- Banks are starting to show profits. How can you declare a $2 million profit when you owe the gov't upwards of $20 million?

-- He stated "The US gov't is officially broke..." more than a month or two ago. Yet everytime he turns around he's pledging MORE money, MORE federal aid, MORE czars, MORE watchdog groups....where the heck is this money coming from if we are BROKE????

People need to realize that Obama is digging us SUCH a deep hole that there will be no way to get out of it. This is not a question of being a Republican or Democrat -- this is a question of being an American.

The majority of fiscally responsible people realize that simply throwing more and more money at something is not the way to fix it. Yet somehow, our gov't is doing exactly that and everybody seems to keep applauding him.

He is urging Americans to only spend what they can afford. Be financially smart. Save money. Pay down debt. Live within your means.

But yet he does not follow his own advice.

At some point, people are going to have to realize that he was elected based on a good idea and a good platform. He said all of the right things. In theory, he represented the way of the future. He provided hope in a time of despair and war-laden antics. It was refreshing to watch racial differences diminish.

Obama is not living up to what he had promised.

And people need to realize that saying no to Obama now does not change our hope for the future. It just means we haven't yet found the President to actually deliver. It's OK to admit to being duped.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Obama Adviser Says U.S. Should Mull Second Stimulus

And that Obama Adviser needs to sit down and shut up. Most of the funds from the first one either haven't been spent where they should have been, or haven't been spent at all. I swear, I think the intelligence level of our government is getting lower and lower every day. Here I am explaining to my six year old about being responsible with your money and not buying more than you can afford, and the government is coming behind me and doing the exact opposite. Absolutely brilliant.

Actually, on second thought. Good. Go ahead and sign another stimulus. Go ahead and take money we don't have and spend it on things we don't need. Enough people will finally be fed up with the road our government has put us on to do something about it. It's about to the point where I might start hoping our government falls hard so we can just start over with a new government that isn't filled to the brim with cheats, liars, and idiots. And frankly, I don't care what list saying this gets me put on. They know where to find me, I'll be waiting.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Have people even realized that Bush sent us to war in Iraq claiming he was "given incomplete and incorrect information regarding WMD?"

And now Obama/Biden are saying that they were given "incomplete and incorrect information regarding the state of the economy..."

Who exactly are all of these people providing incomplete and incorrect information and why the heck aren't they fired by now??

[edit on 10-7-2009 by lpowell0627]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join