It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Adviser Says U.S. Should Mull Second Stimulus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Obama Adviser Says U.S. Should Mull Second Stimulus

www.bloomberg.com

July 7 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. should consider drafting a second stimulus package focusing on infrastructure projects because the $787 billion approved in February was “a bit too small,” said Laura Tyson, an adviser to President Barack Obama.

The current plan “will have a positive effect, but the real economy is a sicker patient,” Tyson said in a speech in Singapore today. The package will have a more pronounced impact in the third and fourth quarters, she added, stressing that she was speak.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Of course she's speaking for the administration. This is what you call a trial balloon.

Once you open Pandora's Box it's hard to close. These politicians are corrupt and greedy. They get their power by controlling your money.

It will be hard if not impossible for them to stop yelling crisis because they know this is a way to get a trillion dollar blank check.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I would really like to know what she is smoking, "800 billion dollars a bit to small"
Sure it is for people that don't pay taxes. To all normal people we are thinking major tax increases.

This is ridiculous, People are not in favor of a second stimulus, but some how I think we are going to get one no matter what we want.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Great... more ghost money pumped into the system.

Probably with another blank check or some sort of anti-freedom policy tagged on. Well... with the president literally being congress there is no way to veto a bill like this once it gets through.

Just a little more money to seal our fates...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Normally I dont mind it when people feel the need to beat dead horses. It's not my horse what do I care? But this practice in futility is costing me an awful lot of money and as an added bonus potentially costing me an awful lot of liberty.

I wish I could save them the time and all of us the money and just run over the horse with my truck leaving them nothing to beat.

I should mention I've started seeing those "Your Tax Dollars At Work" stimulus signs all over the highways. Each sign costs $300. Nice, huh? What's a few thousand instances of $300 anyway? Pittance. When you can just put a gun to your neighbors . and spend his money rather than yours what do you care what it's spent on?

[edit on 7-7-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It's a lot like people who get into really deep debt. For instance, back when I was a much younger man, I got in way over my . with credit cards. Once you owe an amount that just isn't realistic anymore, you start to justify running that debt even higher. I seems like, "well I already owe so much, what's a little more?" This administration is acting like an immature kid with a credit card, just racking up the debt, having no real care regarding the consequences... just instant gratification. Unfortunately, this kid is flushing us all down the toilet with him.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Yep. The worst part about it all is that you eventually get to a point where you can't even get out of debt, that is why we bankruptcy.

We are already buried in debt as it is, going into more of it is only going to make things worse. I wish the clowns in Washington could understand this.

But I forget, government finance is different from personal finance.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The last thing this country needs is a second stimulus package. (Well, third to be precise)

What needs to be done is these people instead of giving themselves multi-million dollar bonus checks is to start hiring people. Instead of patting themselves on the back for trashing their companies they need to start providing entry level jobs. That will be more of a stimulus to the economy than the government handing out billions of dollars to be gobbled up by a few people.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This revelation is really making my stomach turn. Another stimulus package? What was wrong with the other 2 trillion pumped into the system from the previous stimulus package? Somebody needs to take the gas can away from these "looney tunes," before no amount of water is going to be able to extinguish the raging inferno. I feel sad for the parents on the board that have young children because when they grow up they are going to curse this generation for destroying their future. It is a really sad state of affairs. There is no end to the deficit spending.

What ever happened to the old adage of a capitalistic economy fixing itself after a correction like the one we are experiencing right now? It stands to reason that suffering for 5 years is a much better than suffering for an indefinite amount of time. I know depressions have lasted longer than five years but that is just an example. The only thing I see these stimulus packages doing is making people happy for the short-term, but when the payments are due to pay it back; it will surely stimulate discontent among the populace.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
We haven't even yet felt the effects in inflation of the first stimulus since most of that money won't be spent until 2010. Now with an additional spending bill, we can see inflation reach levels never seen is US history.

Yep, good ole gallon of milk will require a second on your mortgage!

Hooah!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If they do this I am dead serouis I will join any rebellion against the government that emerges.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack
We haven't even yet felt the effects in inflation of the first stimulus since most of that money won't be spent until 2010. Now with an additional spending bill, we can see inflation reach levels never seen is US history.

Yep, good ole gallon of milk will require a second on your mortgage!

Hooah!

The time is now to join your local co-ops, visit and get to know everyone at your farmer's markets, and find out all you can about your locally grown and produced goods and services. Hone your skills and trades, and be very prepared for a local-level, barter economy in the near short term. Also, be ready to defend against those who are not so prepared.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
Once you open Pandora's Box it's hard to close. These politicians are corrupt and greedy.

And just like any run-of-the-mill addict it will take more and more to do the job with shorter periods of time in between...

Enough. It's time these money addicts go cold turkey on a one step program - vote anyone who signs off on another stimulus out of office.

[edit on 7/7/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well you have to remember that it is Congress that appropriates money and Congress has an election looming in 2010 - just about the time when massive inflation will be in effect. Hahaaaa....... me thinks Obama's spendthrift ways may not be so palatable if they think they'll get fired for it. Who knows, maybe they're just assuming the public won't pay attention like usual but when it starts hitting them hard in the pocketbook, I think the public will wake up. Unfortunately, it that will be too late, the damage will have been done.

Boo Obama!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The problem with the last three stimulus packs, was that they were given to corporations that should have been let to fail in the first place, people who don't work, who should have jobs in the first place, or to people who work, but via a tax credit on paychecks. $25 per two weeks on my check does absolutely no good. Especially when gas prices are rising.

$700 Billion would be better off handed out to the American people who work 40 hours or more per week, and pay taxes. These people could then pay off their debts, which would in turn bailout the financial institutions, they could buy cars, tv's and other merchandise, which would in turn bailout the auto industry and others, they would then have the need to employ more people, reducing the unemployment rate.

This would also give us the money we need to replenish our retirement plans that have all but disappeared, since there will be no social security for those who will need it 30 years from now.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Our nation has become a nation of stimulus bail out to keep living up to appearances just like the mortgage owners in the mortgage bubble crash that were living beyond their means to keep appearances.

When you have a nation that can not longer support its economy without stimulus at the expenses of the American tax payer that now is become far and few you can tell that our economy is just going to keep crashing until is nothing more to crash

Proprietary Trading May Cause October Crash: Investor,

"People will finally accept that the unemployment rates will have to keep rising, that productivity will have to keep falling," he added. That in turn will make earnings expectations "fall through the floor."

We are in a Job market crash right now and the morons in Washington will never come out and tell us the truth.

This should be an eye opener to every American in this nation that still hold a job.

Wait until October when the nation no longer can survive without the tax income holders as unemployment keeps eroding the nations revenues.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Have a small garden and about 6 months of reserve dehydrated foods and about 5000 rounds of varous rounds of ammo, but, if the doodoo hits the fan, my best bet would be to get out of Dodge for a more fertile area and a much, MUCH less population versus the 4 million un-prepared skags around.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

My husband was trying to buy more guns at the local PX as they sell them but the back order status is so big that he will probably have to way until the winter to get anything.

That tells you how people are just running to the gun stores to get their guns and be ready causing a shortage of ammo and guns.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

People just refuse to believe that the problem is as simple as math test. If fail the math test the teacher gives you an F, so you have to re-learn and correct the mistakes.

The market has given America a big fat F and now it needs to correct, but the teacher is giving the economy a C to pass the student even though the student deserves to fail.

Eventually they are going to max out America's credit card and then SS, Medicare, Medicaid Welfare, WIC, all of will be promptly stopped because there is no money to fund it, and I highly doubt people will work for IOU's.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
The last thing this country needs is a second stimulus package. (Well, third to be precise)
THANK YOU!!!

people forget that this would be the third multi-trillion dollar raping!

ENOUGH!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join