It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BNP suspected in terror plot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

BNP suspected in terror plot

rinf.com

A network of suspected far-right extremists with access to 300 weapons and 80 bombs has been uncovered by counter-terrorism detectives.

Thirty-two people have been questioned in a police operation that raises the prospect of a right-wing bombing campaign against mosques. Police are said to have recovered a British National party membership card and other right-wing literature during a raid on the home of one suspect charged under the Terrorism Act.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related link
Sunday Times

[edit on 6-7-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
BNP is the party that had a few people elected to the European Parliment recently. The finding of a BNP Id card on the scene is a national shame.

This would have been a major attack in Britan that was averted and the target could have been immigrants and others whom BNP sees as 'threat' to the British society

Far right parties are gaining popularity in Europe and this is a blot on their character and manifesto

rinf.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
As much as i hate the BNP and all they stand for, this sounds a little suspect, like a set up?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
My first thoughts were: "I don't believe it."

This is a response to the primal fear instilled into the major parties, generated by the recent BNP successes, caused due to their major faliures to recognise that a larger and larger percentage of British people clearly are not pleased with "multiculturalism" trampling over British culture and values.

The BNP have absolutely no reason to do this - if they keep on the straight and narrow, at the rate they are going, they'll have the lot.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Don't believe this in the slightest, if it shows to be linked to the BNP then it's a set up.

They're gathering steam on their own, they would have no reason to jeopardise their shot at the big time

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Well i can't stand the BNP...but how does the fact these people have BNP membership cards correlate to the BNP having anything to do with this plot? thats like saying Labour stabbed to death a teenager in london just because the guy who stabbed him voted for labour..

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I will repeat one of the comments that were stated on the Sunday times, How can this be related to the BNP, just over one off those under arrest have a membership of the BNP.

This tome is scare mongering.

Oks no form of terroism is acceptable. But to target the BNP over one of its members is ridiculous. Another way of the mainstream parties/newspapers to demonise the BNP.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

Don't believe this in the slightest, if it shows to be linked to the BNP then it's a set up.

As the article says, an ID card of BNP has been taken from the site. Either the ID card was planted there or the person to whom it belongs to is involved in this in some way. Does anyone have any news on whose' ID card that was, the name? Have they made that public yet?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Considering they are just starting to make significant gains within UK and European politics why would they be stupid enough to do this? this seems to me to be a blatant smear attempt by the UK government against the BNP.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I wonder if one of the London bombers was a member of the Labour Party.
Why would the BNP be part of a terrorist act, they are gaining strength by the ballot box.

As much as I detest the BNP I don't believe they are involved in this for one moment.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
disgusting smear attempt. Democracy my arse

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
although the headline is misleading, probably purposefully, the trend is worth considering.

there has always been a far right element in europe, it seems to be pushing at its restraints presently, is there a reason they are growing and a reason they might be inclined towards terrorist actions? are there people who were previously terrorists of other causes now becoming involved?

terrorism and nationalism, of one sort or another, have always been bed-fellows on these islands. i think there is a dangerous trend emerging.

i think ignoring the issue is as dangerous as mis-stating it.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

is there a reason they are growing and a reason they might be inclined towards terrorist actions?

The far right in Europe is particularly angry about the immigrants. The immigrants are eating into their jobs and also lowering the salary levels. Immigration is the main issue of these far right parties

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
more media lies . the media have been taken over by common purpose . this is happning all the time to the bnp .lies printed to turn pepole against them

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
And of course the paper doesnt state the current terrorist plot being planned by the Gordon Brown Government to rally more support for him and to keep the troops in Afghanistan for a unjustified war.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

My opinion differs from yours, I do not see this as a unjustified war.

Anything to stop the taliban from bombing anyone in my family or relatives, or friends is justified.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

yeah, so they claim, it's not really borne out by logic or evidence though.

either way, they've been banging on about immigration for years, during other recessions, and they haven't gained much overall. what's different now?

don't you think that all this "war on terror" being aimed at islamic terrorism has contributed to a society less inclined to be disturbed by anti-muslim sentiments. this in turn might make all xenophobia a little more palatable.

link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by ROBL240

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

My opinion differs from yours, I do not see this as a unjustified war.

Anything to stop the taliban from bombing anyone in my family or relatives, or friends is justified.

Get a bloody grip already, news flash! ITS 2009!

Though it was alright to succumb to media propaganda in 2001, it's been 8 years and not only has every aspect of the official story been shown to be absolutely implausible, if not out right impossible. It is irrelevant considering the actions of those in power, shows the true nature of any scenario. The fact that they purposely, and willingly, lied, skewed, distorted, and planted information shows that they are 100% responsible. If this were not the case, they would NOT have acted in this fashion. The one with something to hide, is always lying.

So in 2009 to believe that there is any threat of some fools in a cave launching an attack on your country, when you can't even bring a bottle of water on a plane is the most ridiculous notion I have ever heard. The only people you have to fear, are the people who have forced you to surrender your freedom, so you could perceive safety.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
- Benjamin Franklin

Get a grip.
- King9072

[edit on 6-7-2009 by king9072]

link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Hmmmm...last time i checked the taliban have never bombed the uk.I'd worry more about falling down some stairs and being killed...a more likely scenario to happen in your day to day life.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Well i can't stand the BNP...but how does the fact these people have BNP membership cards correlate to the BNP having anything to do with this plot? thats like saying Labour stabbed to death a teenager in london just because the guy who stabbed him voted for labour..

It doesn't mean anything. Unfortunately the UK citizens are having a race with United States citizens to see who can be the dumbest on the planet.

Hard to call the winner, so I'm not giving odds yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join