It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BNP suspected in terror plot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Sooo, how long before being a member of the BNP is considered terrorism?

Any bets?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AngelInterceptor

i'll put a tenner on "when they get a higher % of the national vote than the liberals"

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelInterceptor
Sooo, how long before being a member of the BNP is considered terrorism?

Any bets?

Too soon, I fear, too soon.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I'd rather not spam someone else's post with my political views, I merely gave my opinion of where I believe the majority of BNP voters come from. Why the specifics of my political views need to be expressed here is beyond me but if you really are interested in what would influence me to vote against them u2u me and I'll furnish you with a few paragraphs... However if you only intend to entangle me in political debate please don't, I rarley indulge in such pursuits.

(Sorry for off topicness).

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
reply to post by blueorder

I'd rather not spam someone else's post with my political views, I merely gave my opinion of where I believe the majority of BNP voters come from. Why the specifics of my political views need to be expressed here is beyond me but if you really are interested in what would influence me to vote against them u2u me and I'll furnish you with a few paragraphs... However if you only intend to entangle me in political debate please don't, I rarley indulge in such pursuits.

(Sorry for off topicness).

Just I find most instances of people condeming the BNP is without them actually knowing what their policies are- I agree with some of their policies, but not all, mind you, I oppose much of Labour and the Tories' policies as well

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
As much as i hate the BNP and all they stand for, this sounds a little suspect, like a set up?

Isn't it amazing how people who are going to commit some serious crime just happen to leave their detail lying around.

How bloody convenient not unlike a passport escaping an aircraft explosion, and wasn't there ID conveniently left on 7/7 bombings?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
To be fair, the original news article is pretty slanted, mainly the silly headline.

How one guy's BNP membership card is evidence that the whole BNP is involved is never explained, and the cops interviewed certainly don't put forth that idea.

As much as I dislike what I know of the BNP, they don't seem to be mad bombers generally

The fact that they may have a violent nut or two as members should be no surprise, that's probably true of almost any political party, movement, cause etc...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
so, hypothetically

if your a terrorist and collecting bombs or other weapons, and you have posters of Obama and Cheney on your walls, and all kinds of Pro-Obama stuff everywhere

they will say "Well Obama and Cheney are obviously part of this whole thing"

see how stupid they are for connecting the entire political party with the actions of a few lunatics?

this is the problem with our society actually, when a person in a "group" does something, we blame all members of that group

when in reality, every single human is totally different, and there can be drastic differences between 2 people in the same group (there always is)

so what i am saying is that the Govt probably either faked all of it, or they spun it until it fit their anti BNP agenda

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
S&F for you! This is a huge story. But...

OK.

Let's get the political affiliation of every murderer, terrorist and the music that they listened to, the books they read, the phone brands they used and the car brands they drove and trash them completely.

BNP is against unification in a larger world order. Hrrrm. Think about that.

If I was to do something, I would actually false flag my political affiliation in case I was caught.

This is not a blemish nor a valid talking point.

Most killers tend to have strong religious beliefs and extreme political views. It's no coincidence that there's a party closest to your values that you identify with most.

Hey if you killed someone and they found a linux magazine, should they crack down on linux?

SMEAR campaign. False flag smear campaign.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is a documentary about the BNP. In which a BBC journalist went undercover and joined the Party to revealing the workings behind the scenes.

BNP Exposed:

Part 1

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This is an article I found that says that Equality and Rights Commission is threatening action against BNP for being pro-white (discriminatory)

The EHRC has written a letter before action to the British National Party (BNP) over possible breaches of anti-discrimination law in its constitution and membership criteria, which appear to be restricted to white people. There are also concerns over its employment practices and provision of services to the public. The letter, sent to party leader Nick Griffin, asks the BNP to make changes to comply with the Race Relations Act 1976 or face an application for an injunction. The BNP says its rules are legal and that it is an exempted organisation under Sections 25 and 26 of the act, which permit exclusive ethnic organisations with a membership of 50 or more.

Source: Action threatened against facist BNP

If you want to be in the mainstream of British politics, as a party you would not want this.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008nySource: Action threatened against facist BNP

If you want to be in the mainstream of British politics, as a party you would not want this.

I always get quite a laugh at those who call the BNP fascist, and yet support the most extreme measures to stop the BNP from gaining ground.

I mean seriously, I hear people opposed to the BNP advocating extermination.

The hypocrisy is just amazing.

You can be free so long as you agree with what I say.

Well, I don't. I don't agree with the BNP either. I think all political parties are self serving, selfish, ignorant wankers. They have no idea what it is actually like to live in the world they have created and I would admire any one of them who would abandon that world and live like normal people do, even for just a short while.

Maybe then they would see that J. Q. Public doesn't have such an easy ride as they imagine.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This sounds like someone hired some of the old Gladio operators to help increase their hold on power and to silent and discredit any real opposition in the UK.Much like how the Us government used the OKC bombing to attack militias.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Much like how the Us government used the OKC bombing to attack militias.

The Okhlahoma bomber was a 'white' guy. The militias that the US govt attacked were not political parties. BNP is a political party, so there is some difference in the comparison

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
From the article linked by the OP:

Police are said to have recovered a British National party membership card and other right-wing literature during a raid on the home of one suspect charged under the Terrorism Act.

Ok, since it was the suspects home i would guess that it was his membership card. Also i wouldn't think one would need to plant it there (and it would be rather hard to do so)
From the above i also gather that BNP membership cards must be rather verbose, what with being considered literature and all

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

Ok, since it was the suspects home i would guess that it was his membership card. Also i wouldn't think one would need to plant it there (and it would be rather hard to do so)
From the above i also gather that BNP membership cards must be rather verbose, what with being considered literature and all

So you are saying that BNP was indeed involved? Or maybe the person to whom the card belongs was doing all this without the knowledge of the party? BNP will disown the member publicly soon is what I think, if the name of the person is revealed.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I don't know. And if you read the article you posted you would know the police don't know either.
But there seemed to be some confusion as to where and who's this membership card was. It's kinda hidden in the article too, so i decided to clarify.
Kicking him (or her, we don't know that either) out is the sensible thing for the BNP to do now, wether they were involved, knew of or didnt know of any plot.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The BNP has a very strong social media strategy and it is revealed in this article. A ficticious person was passed on as a real BNP guy and.....it could happen on Facebook or Orkut to you or me

It seems that BNP’s web strategists have been engaging in tactics that are not just unethical but could also put Labour doorstep campaigners’ safety at risk.

Recently, you might have received a Facebook message asking you to delete a guy called Jeff Payne from your friends’ list. Amazingly this guy is a fake profile concocted by the mad scientists at BNP HQ, purporting to be a Labour supporter. He’s joined all the right groups and they’ve gone to a fair amount of trouble to make this person seem real. He’s been making friends with lots of Labour supporters, especially in the key North West and East London battlegrounds, so that they can spy on our doorstep campaigning. It makes me wonder what they might want to do with this info. Will there be stand-offs in the street or at campaign meetings?

Source: BNP's Social Media strategy

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

If that is the case, then the main stream political parties need to do the same with thier MP's who are invovled in crminal activities also, Fraud being on of them.

If the rule are applied to the BNP over oneof its members, then it shouls apply to other parties as well.

But as always the BNP will get the blame for this for sure.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Ok, now i am confused.

In the very part you quoted it says

Amazingly this guy is a fake profile [snip] purporting to be a Labour supporter.

While you claim it was a fake posing as a BNP guy.

???
What exactly is it you are trying to say here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join