It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BNP suspected in terror plot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
No wonder the sheep are giving away our freedom, this is a democratic country (well it’s supposed to be) and no matter what the bnp policies are they where voted in by members of the public and have the right to put forward their beliefs, if you or I do not agree with the policy then we can vote against it but because we do not agree with it then it should not mean it can be banned as this takes away our freedom of choice and speech. What will be next ban the loony party because you’re sane or the green party because you suffer hay fever,

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

While you claim it was a fake posing as a BNP guy.

???
What exactly is it you are trying to say here?

I am trying to say that BNP is adopting unethical media tactics to befriend people and influence them. This can happen to me or you too, since you cant verify if someone is fake or real on Facebook or Orkut.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
I am trying to say that BNP is adopting unethical media tactics to befriend people and influence them. This can happen to me or you too, since you cant verify if someone is fake or real on Facebook or Orkut.

the mainstream parties are adept at unethical tactics, spin and downright lies

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

the mainstream parties are adept at unethical tactics, spin and downright lies

Spin tactics are alright, and as you said all political parties lie, but creating fake Ids on facebook and then networking with people as if you were a real person is just not done. The idea behind sites like facebook and Orkut is that REAL people network with other REAL people. What BNP has done is to abuse the terms and conditions of facebook, by creating an ID that was not the person who he claimed to be.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Oh, ok. Simple misunderstanding then, and i apologize for that.

I personally doubt that there will be any exposable links between this and the BNPs higher ups, but if there are, i must say you can yell "freedom of speech" as long as you likes, but when you start talking with fists, guns and bombs I am very, very for limiting your freedom of expression.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Spin tactics are alright, and as you said all political parties lie, but creating fake Ids on facebook and then networking with people as if you were a real person is just not done. The idea behind sites like facebook and Orkut is that REAL people network with other REAL people. What BNP has done is to abuse the terms and conditions of facebook, by creating an ID that was not the person who he claimed to be.

I have checked that link, it offers no evidence of this alleged wrong doing, there is no external links or confirmation of this.

The only evidence is a line in that blog that says

"Amazingly this guy is a fake profile concocted by the mad scientists at BNP HQ, purporting to be a Labour supporter. "

without any form of supporting evidence- most odd

Anyway, even if it were true, which I have no reason to believe it is based on that dubious link, it isn't worse than lying to go to war in Iraq or lying about previous far left/communist sympathies and membership

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

it isn't worse than lying to go to war in Iraq or lying about previous far left/communist sympathies and membership

The point on going to Iraq and Afghanistan, I read a report today somewhere that 80% of the Britons want thier troops back . Wonder what the BNP has to say on this war on terror.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The point on going to Iraq and Afghanistan, I read a report today somewhere that 80% of the Britons want thier troops back . Wonder what the BNP has to say on this war on terror.

are you genuinely enquiring, if so, I can answer?

BNP opposed getting involved in Iraq so they wouldn't (if they had been in power) had the troops there in the first place

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Spin tactics are alright, and as you said all political parties lie, but creating fake Ids on facebook and then networking with people as if you were a real person is just not done.

Yes, because lying on facebook is so much worse that lying to the entire country and leading us into an illegal war costing thousands of innocent lives...

You really have your priorities mixed up.

By the way, spin tactics is another name for LIES. If you feel comfortable being lied to by the government, well...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AngelInterceptor

Yes, because lying on facebook is so much worse that lying to the entire country and leading us into an illegal war costing thousands of innocent lives...

I do not suport the war myself, I was only trying to point out the difference between spin tactics, political misleading and creating fake ids. I
think creating fake ids cannot be compared to what political parties do with the nation, there is no real comparison is all that I am trying to say.

By the way, spin tactics is another name for LIES. If you feel comfortable being lied to by the government, well...

No I am not comfortable. The govt and opposition, they all lie, but you have to ultimately choose some party (if you want to vote) and that is where you have to choose the one you think lies less !

[edit on 9-7-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I do not suport the war myself, I was only trying to point out the difference between spin tactics, political misleading and creating fake ids. I
think creating fake ids cannot be compared to what political parties do with the nation, there is no real comparison is all that I am trying to say.

No, what you specifically said is "Spin tactics are alright". No they are not right, all or otherwise, they are lies with a lovely, politically correct name, but they are lies none the less.

You are right, however, in that they are no comparison. I would consider some trickster on facebook as being in an entirely different league to another trickster in government. Both I can recognise, but only one I can ignore.

Originally posted by sunny_2008nyNo I am not comfortable. The govt and opposition, they all lie, but you have to ultimately choose some party (if you want to vote) and that is where you have to choose the one you think lies less !

So my choice for government is to choose the party that I think will lie to me the least? What a wonderful choice. It is no wonder that over 50% of the voting population does not vote at all.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

So my choice for government is to choose the party that I think will lie to me the least? What a wonderful choice. It is no wonder that over 50% of the voting population does not vote at all.

Then find me a party in UK that does not lie, I will vote for it ! Lies and spin tactics have become an 'integral' part of democracy these days (sad) but you just have to live with it. If politcal parties dont indulge in this then they may not survive and get elected. That is why I said it is all right.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Lies and spin tactics have become an 'integral' part of democracy these days (sad) but you just have to live with it.

Why do I have to live with it?

Who says I should?

Should I live with it because political parties are incapable of truth?

Why can't we have political parties that can be truthful and honest?

There's no reason why we can't except older parties holding on to their failing power and making us believe that they are our only hope.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Why can't we have political parties that can be truthful and honest?

Angel why dont you start a party, I will join you, and No Lies ! Only truth (truth, how do you define it? Truth is what the MSM gives us? BNP is speaking the truth or lie - how do we prove it? )

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Does this not happen with evr new candicate, or new party that is formed, they promise you the earth. Once they are voted as an MP, MSP, or MEP, they change tune, or the powers that be corrupt them.

That is why there is Voter Apathy. We the public, do not trust no one now a days. We look upon those who stand for Parliament with scorn and suspicion.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

That is why there is Voter Apathy. We the public, do not trust no one now a days. We look upon those who stand for Parliament with scorn and suspicion.

The voter apathy is because the people, as you said, are not interested in the political process anymore, because the elected MPs and the govt does not deliver what they promise, and top of it, you have lies and scandals coming from them.

This wont change, and you and me are small voices in this, but the Hazel Blears expense scandal was an eye-opener, where people from her constituency came together and forced her to resign.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

The whole MP's Expensec scandal was a eye opener to say the least. Plus the 2nd jobs which alot of these MP's have along side thier Parliament jobs. Now we know where thier loyalties lie, not with their Constituants, but with those they work for.

It will take along time before we trust anyone standing for election.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I bet you they also found a bible, maybe it's a Christian terrorist plot? Should the pope be arrested?

It's funny how these things always seem to pop up when controversial political parties start achieving some success.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Cthulwho

More like the main political parties are trying to steer the limelight away from thier own scandalous Members.

As soon as the BNP gained two seat in the EU Parliament, the Spin of the main political parties machine went into motion.

Should they be scared, yes they should. Maybe now they will listen to thier constituents rather than brushing thier views to the sidelines.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Well for me this report is only words, Its probable that some people have got arrested but they couldnt wait to mention the BNP and the membership card.

This does not prove it has been organised by the BNP nor does it prove it was an actual member of BNP.

Was the member card linked with the person arrested?
it could have been stolen, planted or even just purely fabricated to create headlines.

Like I said, I dont trust it, I want to see real proof, not some words on some headlines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join