It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logical answers for questions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Hmmm, Theories, thought, planes of existence, created reality, religion, everything, nothing, ....lol. There can be only one answer. It really chaps my ass that i will not live long enough to know everything. What i do know is that the mind is a connection...thats the word for it...that connects each individual to another....or do you believe it was just a coincidence that you knew " where i was going" with a previous question?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

I do not believe in coincidence. I personally think that our Universe can be calculated. I assumed what your thoughts were based on past experience. Normally when string theory comes up, one of the first references of it are the bible.

It is also a shame that I will not live long enough to see the greatest achievements that we have yet to accomplish. But, I will keep what I am doing and try to prove that human intellect is very much comparable to anything supernatural or divine. mainly because I have never taken a college course in my life and I have managed to talk sense into some very intelligent people before. Anything is possible with our minds

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Correct on the health nut ideas of M-state metals. I understand the superconductivity properties of the metal, and I can see how people would think that it could may your brain work faster, I have my doubts of course. But I am not a health nut and could care less; until they have convincing evidence that the health wonders are real of course. I am more interested in how it melts. I don't see why the powder could not be turned into a crystaline form. If it could, would it be translucent?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

So what do you think the mind is?

And Feelings.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Conclusion]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Also what do you think the diamonds that being grown in labs. They say that they could eventually take silica out of electronics and use diamonds.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Histopherness

Translucence is an interesting property, I am unsure of whether it could be made so or not. I would assume that since it is a metallic compound that it would melt like any other metal. But having the odd properties that it has, i cannot say.

I can offer no explanation as to what the mind is. I can offer a theory though. Quantum mechanics states there could be as many as 11 dimensions in which to exist. We live in the 3rd and experience the 4th, which is time. By being 3rd dimensional entities, we are capable of experiencing the 2 other dimensions below us. We can measure lenght, width, depth and time. Each one is its own dimenion.

It is very possible that we do not cease to exist in the 3rd dimension and that there is a 4th dimensional aspect to our being alive which experiences the 3 below it. And even then, there may be some 5 dimensional self that experiences the 4 below it. Considering out thoughts cannot be explained on the 3rd dimension, it is plausible in my mind, that our thoughts originate from some higher dimension and trickle down to us. Whatever thoughts we can comprehend, that is.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Diamonds being grown in labs huh. That is something I will have to research, haven't heard it yet. There is also theories about replacing magnetic hard drives with optical crystal drives.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Very insightful answer. Now off to release '___'...lol take care and i hope to talk to you soon.

Seacrest Out....lol

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Yeah research the Diamonds and post a thread about it. Will be interested in what you have to say about it. I watched it on Nova.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Yes they grow diamonds, and sapphires, and emeralds. As far as I know De Beers still has a stranglehold on Diamonds in jewelry, but lab grown diamonds are used in industry. Perfect for laser tech as lab grown diamond have no impurities.

A small correction to dimensions. We have really come to use the term incorrectly. A dimension is really just a relationship of variables plotted. We speak of 3 dimensions because we need 3 coordinates to describe any point space, just like you'd only need 2 points to describe any point on a peace of paper. We can't actually experience any more or any less dimensions then what we do. We can never experience being flat for example, because we are not. Again time is not THE 4th dimension it is A 4th dimension when plotting space-time. If we were plotting time versus temperature it would be the 2nd dimension for that case.

In a nut shell I am saying dimensions are not things, they are just relationships between various variables plotted to one another. There can be as many as 11 dimensions because that is how many are needed to do some of the math, if in time the math needed more dimensions we'd just make up some more.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

The mistake was mine, thank you for correcting me. I need to find a different way of explaining it.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
No problem, current sci-fi T.V. so confuses the issue that I have had physics instructors talking about dimensions as if they were things. There are not extra-dimensional beings that live in some higher dimension. If there are higher spatial dimensions then we all live in them, they are just aware of them and we are not so much.

I tried to an idea once of plotting probability against space-time creating the entire field of possibility. Doesn't work
I don't think it can be down in a 2 dimensional plot. But was an interesting thought process. If the math could be worked out, and you had enough data, you could accurately predict what is going to happen.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
If space and time are infinite, then wouldn't motion be an illusion..?

www.logicalparadoxes.info...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

You make a good point. In all rational thinking, it SHOULD be an impossibility. But, keep in mind that motion is not determined by the objects movement itself, but rather its position at any given point as relative to the position of objects outside of itself.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

No motion is still real do to relationships. Motion is not judged by some universal positioning; else we'd all be moving incredibly fast what with planetary spin, orbital speed, galactic spin and speed. But we judge motion in relation to what is around us. Of course, everything could really be considered an illusion if you want, it is after all just your perceptions and in that case everything is nothing but a figment of your imagination.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Lol. Dang man, maybe I was not cut out to make this thread. Our measurement of motion is based on positioning. Just like we MEASURE time by hands on a clock or watching dead things rot.

Even if the properties of the two go on into infinity, we have to measure it some way in order to keep from pondering our minds into insanity.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I just remembered something I read a year or so ago. Can't find it on the net... But it was an experiment using PET scan to read the brain while different images were being displayed. Most of the study was mundane unless you were a neurosurgeon or something. But one of the interesting things was during a study on horror (they didn't call it that) where they alternated randomly mundane images and images of horrific events. See where the brain lit up. The interesting part was that after a time many of the test subjects brains actually started lighting up in appropriate areas BEFORE the image was displayed. True mostly a second or fraction of a second before, but still seems to indicate that they actually somehow foresaw if not the image then the basic content of the images.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
If space and time are infinite, then wouldn't motion be an illusion..?

www.logicalparadoxes.info...

First, you might want to look at that site before you link to it. On the front page it states that it is there to basically make fun of philosophies that construct proofs of "absurd conclusions".

Secondly, that argument is akin to the following:
We do not exist
There are an infinite number of planets
There is a finite number of life forms
A finite number divided by an infinite number infinitely approaches 0.
To find the average number of life forms on a planet we would divide the number of life forms by the the number of planets
This number is 0
Therefor we do not exist

Motion does exist. We are able to observe it because we are unable to observe space on an infinite scale. If we saw space on an infinite scale all movement would be too minuscule to be observable or measurable and there for "not exist"

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The way I read the argument regarding the arrow, is that there is only now, and that at each moment, each now, the arrow is motionless. On the larger scale of the universe, everything is synchronous and happening at once, and in that case, relative motion is only relative to the observer, when in reality, the whole of reality, there is no motion, since everything is relative to everything else, and it all just is at each moment of now, just like the arrow. Einstein's Theory of Relativity is built on relative motion, not on any sort of objective reality, and it therefore lacks any sort of universal transluminal connecting principal. It denies the existence of a universal now, which may be the ONLY thing that is actual and real..

I suppose what I'm driving at, is the possibility that time and space are an illusion.. and from the perspective of light, this is the case, and since everything is founded on light, and every chemical process reduced to the emission or aborption of a photon of light, then what appears to be motion is nothing but a reconfiguration of the same obiquitious timeless, spaceless energy.

When you walk to the store, are you really moving from A to B, or does the store also approach you, and are you covering ground, or is each step along the way nothing but a reconfiguration of the same ground of being..?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
When you walk to the store, are you really moving from A to B, or does the store also approach you, and are you covering ground, or is each step along the way nothing but a reconfiguration of the same ground of being..?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by OmegaPoint]

Yes, I am moving from A to B and I am covering ground. If you were to stand next to me and I took 3 or 4 steps, I would be closer to the store but you would be no closer to the store than you were before I started taking steps; thus, I am moving towards the store and not the store moving towards me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join