It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logical answers for questions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Logic/reasoning/etc is only one side or one part of the equation.

So the equation is incomplete to begin with and is void.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

I have not read the thread yet, but I thought I would ask this before I did.

Would you not consider Logic itself, to be subjective? We base our 'logic' on what we have seen, read or experienced, we try and base our 'logical' assumptions on evidence, yet evidence itself can be entirely subjective when glimpsed from the right angle.

How can we answer questions 'logically' when to do so, we remove all objectivity? To some it is logical and even obvious, to others, it just doesn't make sense to them?

This idea, in light of everything I have read makes me believe that makind will progress ONLY when we accept individuality.

At the moment, we conform to popular view, some for comfort, some because they believe in it and others because they haven't found any better explanations. Currently, if you don't conform to a popular view, you fail, you get no funding, you get no career, you get no help. You are generally on your own, until you can find like minded souls.

Would it not be better to search as many avenues as possible? I percieve it as a Quanum computer, compared to a conventional computer.

EMM

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
A nice question:

What if you know any answer for every question?

Means:
I have sometimes questions, and then the answer comes into my .. Dont ask me how that work..

The interesting questions are if you get an answer without a question..

Nia

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

I do consider logic to be subjective. This thread is intended to demonstrate what that one piece of the puzzle can do. Just like faith is only one piece of the puzzle, so is creativity and so is logic. Logic is based off of known fact, facts change daily. But, based on what we know about our universe, what kind of answers can we come up with?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have only read part of your Thread, and it was a good piece by the way. I have a simple question.... Ok I lied, not so simple... What are the similarities between Gravity and Electromagnetism, and how can we combine them to create a more fundamental force?

Rekar

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Can we go faster than the speed of light?

(I use this question to determine if students in my physics class are really thinking)

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Hmm, dont mind If I answer this one? If we go by what they are currently teaching in school, then no, we cannot.... But who goes by the old ways anymore... They are so closed minded, and now wrong.

My answer is yes, objects can go faster than the speed of light. Light speed is not a constant, but have not been able to measure anything much faster than this speed, as far as I know. Correct me where I am wrong.

How science can sometimes be so close-minded really erks my mind. Science should ALWAYS be open to new possibilities....

Rekar

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rekar

Hmm, dont mind If I answer this one? If we go by what they are currently teaching in school, then no, we cannot.... But who goes by the old ways anymore... They are so closed minded, and now wrong.

My answer is yes, objects can go faster than the speed of light. Light speed is not a constant, but have not been able to measure anything much faster than this speed, as far as I know. Correct me where I am wrong.

How science can sometimes be so close-minded really erks my mind. Science should ALWAYS be open to new possibilities....

Rekar

Well done!
The answer I look for is . . .yes we can.

The standard answer to what is the speed of light is 299,792,458 m/s.

As long as you don't introduce gravity into the mix. The speed of light at the event horizon of a black hole is . . .wait for it. . . zero! Or as close to zero as you can get. So in theory, walking across the room, is going faster than the speed of light.

Sorry for the lesson.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Depends on the definition of "we". If by we you means our consciousness, our most essential "I am" of being, then there is a part of us which can go faster than the speed of light and which can communicate instantaneously at any distance. There is no such thing as isolate consciousness.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
1) What is the logical answer to this question?

2) Would an all-powerful being be able to create an object so heavy that not even he/her could lift it?

3) Does it matter that the last question is not technically quantifiable, if you are trying to answer it "logically"?

4) If entropy has no balancing force, how can nature (life) flourish and increase the order in the system of the Earth's surface?

5) What was the original expression on your face before your mother was born?

6) What is the next question I will ask?

Thanks!

[edit on 6-7-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Special relativity is leanient. If an object is moving at 90 percent the speed of light, and the light within it is moving at normal speed, than the light within the object is moving 190% the speed of light.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

2) Would an all-powerful being be able to create an object so heavy that not even he/her could lift it?

3) Does it matter that the last question is not technically quantifiable, if you are trying to answer it "logically"?

4) If entropy has no balancing force, how can nature (life) flourish and increase the order in the system of the Earth's surface?

Thanks!

[edit on 6-7-2009 by bsbray11]

I stated earlier that this thread is to answer questions based on current human knowledge. Logic has nothingg to do with precognition in regards to your final question. And there is currently no data available to explain why anything exists, matter of fact nothing should really exist.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

No we can not. At least we can not in the sense of physically accelerating past the speed of light. However we assume the speed of light to be a constant when used in math and I suspect that assumption may be incorrect in the end. Then there is the whole bending of space theory where we are not technically moving faster the light but are actually decreasing the distance we are covering and so would apparently be FTL.

Light in unusual in that if I am sitting here and measure the speed of light going by it is the speed of light. If I am moving at 90% the speed of light and I measure it go by it is... wait for it... still the speed of light. It is for that very reason that light is considered the ultimate speed. C is not relative to ones motion.

Logic is just a method of thinking so I guess it will always be subjective because even if we are thinking along a specific code of reasoning each individuals exact thought patterns will be different.

So how does the invisible man see? Logically he should be blind.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
I stated earlier that this thread is to answer questions based on current human knowledge.

What's logical about limiting our questions and answers to things that you perceive to be a part of the status quo?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Histopherness

No we can not. At least we can not in the sense of physically accelerating past the speed of light. However we assume the speed of light to be a constant when used in math and I suspect that assumption may be incorrect in the end. Then there is the whole bending of space theory where we are not technically moving faster the light but are actually decreasing the distance we are covering and so would apparently be FTL.

Light in unusual in that if I am sitting here and measure the speed of light going by it is the speed of light. If I am moving at 90% the speed of light and I measure it go by it is... wait for it... still the speed of light. It is for that very reason that light is considered the ultimate speed. C is not relative to ones motion.

Logic is just a method of thinking so I guess it will always be subjective because even if we are thinking along a specific code of reasoning each individuals exact thought patterns will be different.

So how does the invisible man see? Logically he should be blind.

Sorry, been in work and I'm knackered, but I thought I'd add.

Speed of light in a vacuum is constant(c), they have succesfully made light go 300 times it's speed through a different medium, if memory serves it's Caesium gas.

Sorry, for the short post, beddy bye's!

EMM

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

1. this isn't a question. you're asking for an answer to something that wasn't asked.

2. yes. the all powerful being would create an object that he couldnt' lift but would then . over to the gym and buff up a little and then lift then thrown the rock on the person who created this situation.

3. no it doesn't matter. technically speaking an object that is too heavy to lift by a supreme being could weigh anywhere between 0 - infinite pounds. there's nothing that says supreme beings have to do things themselves, they could easily create a universe to do it for them. whether it's quantifiable or not doesn't matter. the fact is that if there is a supreme being then he could create the object and then adjust himself to lift it shortly thereafter.

4. if entropy has no balancing force then there is only entropy and therefore teh world is not increasing in order. it must only appear to us that it is. if entropy has a balancing force then this question makes very little sense. if there are more forces in play than entropy and an unknown balancing force then we've got a lot to learn.

5. umm, i guess there wasn't one. looks like you win here i don't know.

6. the next question you will ask will be either

a. what time is it?
b. hello?
or
c. will you two stop making so much noise?

you didn't say which question you will ask next in the forums. so if you live with someone and don't have kids you'll probably ask what time it is. if you live alone then you'll answer the phone. and if you have kids you'll be saying C soon enough.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
*raises his hand all excitedly*

Can I ask which came first the chicken or the egg?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Feel free to provide answers if mine do not suffice for you. I am not limiting anyone. Only offering my expertise as an individual.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moodle
1. this isn't a question. you're asking for an answer to something that wasn't asked.

It was most definitely a question. It was a complete sentence, one that was grammatically correct as far as questions go, even with a question mark at the end.

4. if entropy has no balancing force then there is only entropy and therefore teh world is not increasing in order. it must only appear to us that it is.

Take your brain and the words you speak for instance. If entropy was all there was, unless there were human beings at the beginning of time, I submit to you, there is an ordering process to nature and that process is life itself.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
The way I read the argument regarding the arrow, is that there is only now, and that at each moment, each now, the arrow is motionless. On the larger scale of the universe, everything is synchronous and happening at once, and in that case, relative motion is only relative to the observer, when in reality, the whole of reality, there is no motion, since everything is relative to everything else, and it all just is at each moment of now, just like the arrow. Einstein's Theory of Relativity is built on relative motion, not on any sort of objective reality, and it therefore lacks any sort of universal transluminal connecting principal. It denies the existence of a universal now, which may be the ONLY thing that is actual and real..

I suppose what I'm driving at, is the possibility that time and space are an illusion.. and from the perspective of light, this is the case, and since everything is founded on light, and every chemical process reduced to the emission or aborption of a photon of light, then what appears to be motion is nothing but a reconfiguration of the same obiquitious timeless, spaceless energy.

When you walk to the store, are you really moving from A to B, or does the store also approach you, and are you covering ground, or is each step along the way nothing but a reconfiguration of the same ground of being..?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by OmegaPoint]

You know, sometimes when I read your post's, my . hurts.

Then I read them over and over, think on it, read some more, think some more, and finally get what you are saying.

Thank-You for exercising my brain cells.

Although sometimes I just have to give up and give it a go the next day due to my confusion..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join