It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life - The Biggest Scam In The World

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
I feel the same way I am 30 this year and spent my teens and early 20`s partying and getting into debt going to University. I have then spent my late 20`s paying for it
now I am meant to settle down, buy a bigger house, have kids, grow old gracefully then pop my clogs, nah this life does not appeal to me, I am looking at traveling and moving abroad as feel that all this existence is just a cemblance of a life in order to keep the taxes rolling in and civilisation repeating the sorry mess. I agree with the previous poster we, as a species have lost our way

It doesn't make any sense because your not here for you. Your just a tool THROUGH which Infinite Mind can accomplish the eternal self-imposed task of becoming finite an unlimited number of times and variations.

Infinite works to become greater than It's Infinite Self, by also being finite. Catch that? All willing participants of this Occupation symbiotic relationship will receive special compensation called communion with that Creator.

Nothing more. Quite simple. Don't need any hoop-tee-do religious exercises , gyrations, rituals, crusades, mumblings or swinging of dead cats overhead during a full moon Saturday. ...and stop with the wearing of all those stupid outfits and eating bizarre stuff. Who do you think you are, Andrew Zimmern?

Guess what, it's not all about you. It never was, never will be, which is why all this seems so worthless when all is done. Yet you can be a role in completing THE Infinite's Task consciously, or as a automaton pawn for those that do.

All not referencing Infinite is a mirage for the INANIMATE usage of the Infinite. Even if that is a life entity.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
well life is what you make it, you could be the poorest person and be 100% happy. You could be the wealthiest and be miserable.

IMO the point of life is to never hold back, never hold back anything. Allow the chips to fall and go where they lead you. Pursue you passions, and do not worry about trivial matters.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ahhhh the victim mentality! You gotta love it!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ahhhh the victim mentality! You gotta love it!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

That was a lovely post.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
lEveryone has down days. It looks like you had one.

Everything is impermanent, me, you, everything.

All that matters is love.

Spread love and remember

Fear is weakness.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

One must differentiate between LIFE and "liFe".

LIFE is the TRUTH without opposite. An existence which combines LIFE with an opposite is called "liFe"...a lie with a big "F" in it. The "F" is for feelings...feelings not associated with LIFE or Truth. So they are feelings of loss, of pain and of suffering. These feelings alternate with feelings of winning, of pleasure, and of joy. These feelings are not the Truth...rather, truth substitutes. "liFe" combines truth subsitutes with truth (substitute) opposites. "liFe" combines LIFE substitutes with LIFE (substitute) opposites. What can die was never alive.

"liFe" is a "scam" because it presents a false dichotomy. It's "truth" is not true. It's "life" is not life. It's death is not death, and it's lies are lies...true lies and false lies. All of this presents a paradox in which LIFE and TRUTH are made meaningless. And for what? For feelings! When we are weary of these feelings, we will come to Christ...the LIFE and the TRUTH. Beyond the TRUTH there is a "liFe" which is a "lie". Do not be decieved. Accept no imitations. Ask only for the REAL.

"liFe" is utterly reversed, backwards, upside down, inside out and mixed up. LIFE is what we really want, what we really are. "liFe" is a self-concept which "lives" only as LIFE dies. We can but crucify ourselves. There are no victims. "liFe" would prove that LIFE-without-victims is not true.

Christ!

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Christ!]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Causality.

Please forgive me if it sounds "matrix-like".

We make choices,choices are contracts......

Contracts are enforced by those with power.

You are slaves.

You are free.

Yeah hey!....right....

WTFU

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I agree to an extent that you make what you want out of life.

But, I also think everyone lives a different life. Everyone is a victim of their specific brain chemistry, coupled with their environment and specific circumstances while getting older.

I'm sure even the most positive person in the world, if they had been put in the right circumstances, would have a "victim" mentality. Every man can be broken.

And everyone has a different brain, with a different brain chemistry dictating their mood, thoughts, etc.. Some have to work harder at beating their demons then others. Some people suffer from mental conditions (depression, bipolar, etc.) and they will have a lot harder of a time. And this is more likely if you grow up poor, not having the proper nutrition, etc.

All I'm really saying is there is millions of conditions which determine where a person will go in life. Everyone is responsible for themselves, but I am capable of feeling sympathy for anyone, because they are simply the way they are because of every event that has led up to who they are now.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Nickmare]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
Causality.

Please forgive me if it sounds "matrix-like".

We make choices,choices are contracts......

Contracts are enforced by those with power.

WTFU

I call these contracts the "old testament". The old testament is an agreement to love covertly. The new testament is an agreement to love overtly. The old is about grievences and retribution. The new is about forgiveness and restoration. The new testament replaces the old. The new abolishes the old.

Christ!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Interesting post OP, although i choose to believe that our lives are what we make them to be and they can have meaning if we want them too.

You might want to check out the second link in my signature.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Meh... we're a cosmic accident. I'm sure the other living things in this world wonder why they exist as well. I think we have to deal with LIFE.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Meh... we're a cosmic accident. I'm sure the other living things in this world wonder why they exist as well. I think we have to deal with LIFE.

I agree we must eventually deal with LIFE. Meanwhile, we will deal with "liFe" as long as we believe in accidents or win-loss scenarios relative to freedom.

Christ!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
All I read was stereotypical portrayals of each class. The only reason you didn't put a positive spin to any of these scenarios is because you refuse to believe that life is at all worth it.

When I was just a baby, my folks had divorced. With no family stateside, we had no where to turn. My mother, myself and my older brother would be homeless and hungry, and eventually worked our way up to living in churches, and public housing. Long story short, after years of hardship, my mom is doing well, and I live upper middle class, and am now a father of two beautiful girls. Life was rough, but it's what you make of it, and the day they were born was the day that I realized what life was about.

Look at life in a broad way, don't handpick the negative ones to self-fulfill your ideology. My mother always told me, "somebody else has it worse than you do."

If this comes off as an attack, I assure you it wasn't meant to be, and I will apologize to you just in case.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Christ!

Make the best of the cosmic accident.

Stop using it as an excuse to think like a protozoa.

Contracts are what stupid humans want.

It has been so long we have been enslaved that we do not even know what it is to be free.

Always trying to plan on the future,the future may never come.

There is now though.............

Then...

[edit on 5-7-2009 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
reply to post by Christ!

Make the best of the cosmic accident.

Stop using it as an excuse to think like a protozoa.

Contracts are what stupid humans want.

It has been so long we have been enslaved that we do not even know what it is to be free.

The "cosmos" is what happens when Christ makes a "mistake". The cosmos is a concept proving that something can happen to Christ...against his will. Accidents are incidents which would "prove" that something can just happen to Christ. But things just don't happen...they happen "just"...fairly. When Christ makes a mistake, it is fair, just...and perfect. Let us not confuse a mistake for REALITY. Let us break the old covenent which is not but a deep trance...a spell broken by the 'go spell'.

Christ!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
S&F

Great story.

It seems that regardless of how we are raised we still have free will. I remember seeing a guy driving a new 60,000 car and his bumper sticker said "He who has the most when he dies wins"

I thought "O.K the only difference between us is that you will have a nicer casket in the end" So what.

It was that moment in my life that I realized I was happy driving my 3000.00 car and it was paid for. I decided to rebel against being like the Jones.

I took my huge 90's bread box sized camcorder to games and ignored those with new ones. I simply didnt care. We cant take it with us when we go.

There is nothing wrong from prospering in this world if we do it correctly. Not like swimming with the sharks to make your way up.

We cant stop the evils of the world, big business corruption. The fast buck at any cost scenario.

We were all taught wrong. We were taught to spend, spend, spend. Now we know what we learned was a lie. We needed to save and be frugal.

Sorry I lost the moral of the story but we only have this one chance at life and we cant go back we can only better our future. Life is a gift not to be taken for granted. The average lifespan is 80 years. Compare that to eternity. Let's make the best of what is left.

Those in control with the money with get theirs in the end. There are 2 laws in this world one of man and one of God. They will only get away with it for a short time.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321

We work our entire lives to be able to go to college, get a job, save up for retirement, etc then die.

You forgot about procreation, even though your post began with the fruitition of the procreative process.

Life may be a lot of things, but it's not really a scam unless you make it one.

Life is an opportunity and you should think of all those who seized the opportunity to use their lives to make your life one with more opportunities than they had.

Only you can give meaning to your life, so if your life is meaningless, you can blame only yourself.

[edit on 2009/7/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
u are in the right path we live we go to school work get sex and die but we never think that thers more than that and even if theres prove we humans ignore it all i can say is quit ur life go to a mountain and meditate and u will know the truth . the meaning of life is to know the truth

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I was diagnosed with cancer at the of 16.
My perspective of life changed dramatically then. So I dropped out of school and got a job that I love, during hours that I love.

Now I work nights and enjoy every sunny and rainy day that there is.
And the thing I find most important and a reason to keep living this scheme of a life, is love.
I love my girlfriend of all my heart, I enjoy every second of her presence "even" after 3 years, and she definatly makes this life worth living.

I actually started paying off my mothers mortage with 90% of my salary as she's in a economic disaster after my father left.
She'll probably live longer then I, so hopefully she'll be able to live a happier life once her mortage is fully paid.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Beltha]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join