It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life - The Biggest Scam In The World

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
That is a sad story. I must be very different than the humans you describe.

Or the post just went completely over your head.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Alot of people talking slavery here,like they had actually ever tasted it for themselves.If the powers have convinced you that you need all they offer to survive, then you are well on your way.However,there is a system in place and no matter how corrupt, you still have the choice to follow it or find your own way.If you dont have the balls to buck system who can you blame ?

I recommend donating some of your enslavement time to a charity for kids with Aids or Cancer.When you get back home be sure to flip open the laptop and remind us of how badly enslaved you are.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by believer81

I agree..

I see alot of selfishness in this thread...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Life is an illusion.
The only thing that is real is God.
The only real goal is to love God.
God is Everyone & Everything.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
There is a single quote that can summarize your entire post. It is one of my favourite quotes, not because it offers anything positive, but because it tells things how they are.

"At the end of the day I know, that we work all our lives to pay for the cage They own" - Cog.

It is as simple as that.

Sure, you can get a lot of pleasure out of life. But for those of us who don't believe in anything after, even the good things in life are basically pointless. In the end we make the rich richer and then die.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I see the New World Order's dehumanization programming has worked on you. Well done, slave. Make sure you drink plenty of sodium fluoride and take your flu shots.

My favorite Alex Jones quote: "If you think humans should be eliminated, then kill yourself."

I like how you used your life to make a point that life has no point. Didn't you just contradict yourself then? You "willed" a concept out of nothingness, that life is "pointless." That is very much participating in the great game of life, is it not? Rather than resigning to oblivion and eternal darkness?

You seem to be suffering from acute passive nihilism.
I recommend 500mg of Friedrich Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil.

You have to treat life as art. You must forge your own path. Nobody else can do it for you. You are the only one who consciously chooses to what degree of value you ascribe to life.

Michaelangelo didn't see a block of marble, but rather a sculpture creation that must be freed from its prison. Approach life more from the perspective of an architecht or an artist instead of a bed-ridden old man in a convalescent hospital. You aren't there yet! You have a long way to go, and the great human tragedy show's just getting started. The unravelling of the world is just starting, so stick around. Pull up a lawn chair and some popcorn, we're in for some good fireworks, made in N. Korea.

"Life has no point. In the end you die, blah blah blah."

Didn't it ever occur to you how RANDOM and completely nonsensical life is in general, and how illogical it is to be even happening? I mean how do we even exist and coverge our ideas here from every corner of the planet? How could you not think life is the coolest Grand Theft Auto videogame ever?

If you think life is bad, a rat race, a game, a con, a swindle, a hoodwink, then please give me a suggestion of what could possibly make it better or not pointless? Eternal life?

So what do you suggest we do about it?

Kind of a cliche, but life is a LOT more bearable when you find "true love" and have somebody to prop up your ego and elevate you to a higher plane. We know we are amazing creatures. Humans need to be told they are special and amazing, otherwise what's it all for? When you have someone there validating your existance as worthy enough to make theirs enjoyable, then you start to realize life is not pointless. Besides, even if you tried to feel bad about life, they wouldn't let you.

Believe me, I have had the same exact thoughts as you, but then I always remembered that my life force won't allow me to give up, no matter what propaganda has been subliminally implanted into my brain.

I think you've probably reached a stagnation phase in your life. It happens to us all. It's time for some scenery change, buddy.

Go outside and exercise, find a date, ride your bike, grab a snowcone during a hot summer day. It's not going to be summer forever, enjoy it while it lasts.

clip from Michael Tsarion's amazing film "Architechts of Control"

There's a lot to look forward to.

2012: The Future of Mankind

[edit on 6-7-2009 by northexpedition]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I see your point.

You know, life really does have no purpose, there is no such things as purpose. We were not born into this life with a purpose. The only things that exist in this life are the things we make ourselves, purpose can be made to exist by a person. We are creators. We can make purpose. The only purpose we have is whatever you see happening to you at every single instant no matter what it is.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

When you spoke about us living meaningless Daily lives, working to pay rent, eat, retire and die..or something to that affect. I just wanted you to know, that some of us live for our children.

To show them love support nurturing and give them a strong and compassionate heart to go out in the world in.

I believe in the rest of your post, but you are wrong when you say that our lives are meaningless, unless you're speaking about those who don't know how to live at all....like the three men in your story.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

"The men where you live," said the little prince, "raise five thousand roses in thesame garden−− and they do not find in it what they are looking for."
"They do not find it," I replied.
"And yet what they are looking for could be found in one single rose, or in a little water."
"Yes, that is true," I said.
And the little prince added:
"But the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart..."

The Little Prince

When Carl Jung, the great psychoanalyst, went to Taos Peublo in New Mexico in 1925, he met the chief of the native people, Ochwiay Biano. Biano told Jung that according to his people, the Whites were 'mad'-uneasy, restless, always wanting something.

Jung asked him why he thought they were mad, and the chief replied that it was because they thought with their heads, a sure sign of mental illness among his tribe. Jung asked him how he thought and he pointed to his heart. The response plunged Jung into a deep introspection that enabled him to see his race from outside himself and realise how much of the race's character was within him.

www.lifepositive.com...

A Hopi Indian named Sun Chief said:

"I had learned many English words and could recite part of the Ten Commandments. I knew how to sleep on a bed, pray to Jesus, comb my hair, eat with a knife and fork, and use a toilet. ... I had also learned that a person thinks with his head instead of his heart".

A People's History of the United States

We do not want schools....
they will teach us to have churches.
We do not want churches....
they will teach us to quarrel about God.
We do not want to learn that.
We may quarrel with men sometimes
about things on this earth,
but we never quarrel about God.
We do not want to learn that.

Heinmot Tooyalaket ( Chief Joseph), Nez Perce Leader

Before our white brothers arrived to make us civilized men,
we didn't have any kind of prison. Because of this, we had no delinquents.
Without a prison, there can be no delinquents.
We had no locks nor keys and therefore among us there were no thieves.
When someone was so poor that he couldn't afford a horse, a tent or a blanket,
he would, in that case, receive it all as a gift.
We were too uncivilized to give great importance to private property.
We didn't know any kind of money and consequently, the value of a human being
was not determined by his wealth.
We had no written laws laid down, no lawyers, no politicians,
therefore we were not able to cheat and swindle one another.
We were really in bad shape before the white men arrived and I don't know
how to explain how we were able to manage without these fundamental things
that (so they tell us) are so necessary for a civilized society.

John (Fire) Lame Deer
Sioux Lakota - 1903-1976

We learn to do what only the student of nature ever learns, and that is to feel beauty. We never rail at the storms, the furious winds, the biting frosts and snows. To do so intensifies human futility, so whatever comes we should adjust ourselves by more effort and energy if necessary, but without complaint. Bright days and dark days are both expressions of the Great Mystery, and the Indian reveled in being close the the Great Holiness."

-Chief Luther Standing Bear

www.greatdreams.com...

[edit on 6-7-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I would not have expected to read some of these posts in a forum such as this one. It seems that many buy into the ‘system’ so wholeheartedly that they cannot see further than their own insularity. If you feel your life is wonderful and you enjoy every second then take some time to look at the outside world. While a single person starves to death, can’t get medical treatment, dies alone and unhappy, or goes cold, how can you feel like that? Most of the world’s ills are caused by lack of money and greedy withholding of basic resources, let alone luxuries.
We are imprisoned in the system. You are controlled every minute of every day whether you realise it or not. You cannot even drop out now without money.
So indoctrinated are most that they, like lambs to the slaughter, are so happy to work and sweat unnecessary jobs 50 weeks of every year in order to make a few people even richer…and then die. Let’s suppose for argument that this is your only lifetime…and yet you are happy to spend your entire LIFETIME working for someone else’s profit in order for them to have all the toys, riches and comfort you will never achieve. This system has taken your entire life. You work so long that you have little time or energy to be creative, to grow spiritually; you have to fit those things in the very limited time and energy you have left in a week. Tell me the point of that? That is not slavery?
The world’s resources are for everyone. Everyone in this world should have food, water, electricity, transport and the means to enjoy a life. The argument that basic essential resources must be paid for because some company is producing and fetching it to you should be defunct really, as in a sense it is all stolen goods. The fact that you are either born into a wealthy family or are prepared to hurt others to achieve your selfish aims does NOT entitle you to take what is not yours. Nobody is more entitled to the resources of this earth than anyone else.
You cannot argue that ‘life is what you make it’. That is simply untrue. It would only be true if life started with a level playing field for everyone and that by your choices you either achieved or didn’t achieve what you wanted to. Your life is often dictated by the accident of your birth and often there are few chances to get out of a bad situation. A lot of people have NO choices at all. If you are starving in Sudan for instance and your mother has just been raped by the militia for the third time this month, are you going to sit there, gazing at your distended stomach, musing - ‘Oh, I enjoy every single moment, isn’t life wondrous. Life is what I make it’?
You cannot argue that hard work will get you what you want either. Luck seems to play a huge part in this. Either you get the lucky breaks or you don’t. Most do not. I know many who have worked hard all their lives and still have little. The richest do not work any harder than anyone else. They got lucky and most hurt many to get where they are and once they are at the top they hurt even more people as a matter of course.
Some mention living for their families. If you have no money and are working long hours just to put food on the table the quality of that interaction will be fraught with worry. If you are working 60 hour weeks there is precious little time to teach your children anything.
Yes, the world would fall apart if nobody worked. But imagine a world where everything was produced as it is today but there was no money. Imagine that your basic needs were met and you did not have to worry. Imagine the collaborative fun you would have doing 2 or 3 days ‘work’ a week, doing what you were good at for the good of all…even unpleasant tasks needed to ensure society still ran would become fun. You would have time to invent ways of making life easier and spiritually richer for people.
Imagine you are hungry and you just go to the store and take what you need from the shelves. The food is still there as everything is still being produced and distributed. Imagine that you help build a house for someone, decorate it, mend their car, and help at the sewage works. You get on a free plane and holiday whilst helping to dig a well or raise an infrastructure to get food, water and power to less developed countries. You get sick and are taken care of, no questions asked. Imagine a world where you were helping others and they were helping you. Imagine that we had lots of time to create and experiment and learn. Imagine a life governed by love. Imagine a world where nobody helps themselves at the expense of others but helps another as a reflection of their selves at no expense. Imagine that one’s riches were what one had inside. Now that would be heaven on earth.
I think it is the greatest travesty and injustice that because of having to spend all day, all year, all of a lifetime meeting even basic needs that people’s dreams are not manifested and that a lot of talent lies dormant, undiscovered and unappreciated….and mostly that is because of money and being in a system controlled by frightened little men who have no empathy and who ultimately are either inadequate, psychopaths or frightened of death.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

I think your post is one of the best things i've ever read on the internet.
thankyou

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Life is only meaningless if you make it so.

Life is also meaningful, when you make it so.

Such bile and vitriol and sad cynicism from that story. The type of person who ruminates on these things is deep into the negative aspects of themselves.

Here is an idea of purpose. Help someone who has difficulty helping themselves. If you want to find purpose and meaning in your life, look for failings in others and seek to help them to correct those failings and therein you will find purpose as those you help find joy!

It isn't hard to find meaning in simple kindness, simple generosity, simple help.

This whole rant merely seeks to attempt cheapen life, which is only cheap when you make it so. If you choose to be meaningless, then that is what you are. But if you listen to even one eulogy in your life, you'll know that none of us are without meaning. In fact we are bursting with meaning and purpose. It is our action that will manifest that! Potential is only fulfilled through action!

Everything we have and know is because we make it so. There is an objective reality that is separate from our feelings, emotions and projections as well. Seek meaning in that as well, or at least understand how those aspects effect you and everyone else around you.

there is purpose. Do not let yourself fall into the trap of thinking that the failed designs of others negate your being. They don't.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Don't worry the acid will wear off eventually!

If you have sh*t on the end of your nose everything stinks!

Try being grateful to your fellows and do something good for someone and expect nothing in return. It works!

"Life sucks then you die." No... life sucks, then you suffer, then you suffer some more, then you continue to suffer until you can't stand it any longer...then you die.

Just trying to add a little levity to the situation.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
wow. what a crowd.

i posted about two of my personal friends who overcame a lot of odds to become who they are now, but since they made their success, it appears some of us here categorize them as pawns in 'system'. i am certainly not saying I speak of absolute truth, only religions do that, but my personal philosophy in this matter is this.

#1. yes we are animals. no denying in that.
#2. life in general, does not bare higher meanings beyond our physicality, in my point of view (pardon me that I am an athiest)

but just because there is no everlasting promiseland or that we are from same animal kingdom as cows and pigs we consume, it does not mean that we cannot live a meaningful life, or to have a civilized society governed by rules. of course, life is not about just making almighty $. but putting efforts to make something of yourself, to be more educated(not simply getting degrees, but to understand and apply), and ultimately, to be enlightened. I do not mean 'enlightment' as a religious experience, but rather, to be able to have perspective to see your personal problems from 3rd person point of view. in the end, your life will leave a memory to those who you love and leave behind. if more can cherish your existence as something positive, then your life had some meanings. if you enjoyed and lived your life to its fullest, then your life is to be content. if you actually created something that changes the way the rest of us live, then your life is to be celebrated.
that's just my pov.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

You're the one that buys into the social engineers' programming and dehumanization. You're the one that is letting their well-being and sanity get destroyed. You're the one here who has fallen victim to programming. You're the one here who's entire psyche has been nuked by the fatalistic backwards thinking. You're the snake eating its own tail.

Be strong, hold your head up high, be proud of yourself for no goddamn reason other than that you're alive. You have the RIGHT to feel good about life. Stop being weak. Start living life before you regret it.

When you start thinking life is worthless, you are going against your biological programming, and you are giving in to the eugenicists demands to stand down and give up.

Find yourself a date and all this nonsense will stop.

I think everything you describe as "control" is called culture.

What do you want exactly? What exactly is the solution to your complaining? Have a cookie.

I am sovereign unto myself. I might not have invented the language, the computer I am typing on, the car I drive, but I am a separate entity from everybody else with a soul and a right to get mad at people giving up on life. Stop living in denial that life is good.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by northexpedition]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Great thread but I feel something must be mentioned....

Some have seen selfishness in here but I must say, it's not selfishness. Those who have the ability to see how we are controlled also have the ability to understand that there are people worse off and that there are people who are literally slaves.
It's human nature to yearn for more and those who have spent time pondering life and enlightening themselves are looking for the next step... the eutopia, the life that could be... enlightened perfectionism.
It's a shame we are only blessed with a language that has words which are ambiguous... I think the point is, most of us understand (or I hope to hell we do) that some people have little freedom, others have even less.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

good post and good responses.

plenty of perspective, thank you all for sharing and making this one of the most thoughtful commentaries i have read in a long time.

i would like to share...

but first to answer a question: i think things can change. i think alot about how this might be possible but i confess i get lost in the matter, so i'm not good at a solution right now. especially right now.

my life has been average at best, but there are a few things i have done that could be considered great work, or astonishing, good, and productive accomplishments. within those stories i consider myself a footnote, but i have been told it was important that i did them. i appreciated those kind acknowledgements, but that is where it ended.

my life moved on. choices i made did make differences.

i am not rich, never been even close, except for the richness of my experiences, average as they have been.

another answer to another question: i think luck ( ..or circumstance.. ) has a lot to do with how things turn out for each and every person and event. but even though the randomness of the universe has become my compass, i could swear sometimes it is broken.

i never thought much of fate, but fate has shown itself to me intimately, and more than a few times, and in seemingly disconnected ways that somehow came together later in my life. when i began to notice it being a weaving of threads was when i began to believe there have been episodes of my life that could not have happened any other way than the way they did.

i'll give you an example:

when i was a kid i really thought there was no way possible that i would survive past my 25th birthday. with what i was involved with, that could have been regarded as a pretty sound conclusion. my family and many of my friends agreed.

once, a long time ago, i was involved in some very dangerous occupations. there were many times that events took place in which i should have been killed. i should have died. i did not die. i saw others die, but for reasons that i still do not understand, i did not die.

hurt.. oh, yes.

i came to think that there must have been some reason my life was spared. it would have been easy to dismiss one or maybe even two of these events as luck, but not so many.
not so many...
and i confess, there were a few times i pushed it.. i pushed it hard... and, no, i did not die.

an amazing thing happened to me.
i found a young woman to love, and though it took some effort on her part, she loves me. we have a son, and a grand-daughter, now. she is in her teen years.

in that time there have been some really tough trials.

people hurt other people. we got hurt. we don't try to hurt other people. i believe in compassion and so does my wife ( she will focus me when i get fuzzy vision).

at one point we got professional help for coming to terms with our problems and, having told the unvarnished truth about our lives, the professional told us that it was amazing that we survived them (her words), and that what we went through would have destroyed most people as well as their families (her words, too).

maybe.

all i know is that i'm still here and about to face another event.

i got laid off. twice in one year. 35 years after surviving "certain death", and after getting a professional license to practice architecture in several states for 30 of those years (one of those "big accomplishments"), i can't get a job despite thousands of applications and resumes sent over the past six months.

in two months i will lose my home of eleven years.
i'm not bitter anymore. that passed. i accept it.
we don't really know where life is going to lead us. but it will lead us. with our paltry savings, and not much of that, our decisions presently lean to an extended camp-out.

unless fate smiles at destiny.

i hope.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
... we are stuck in a world where MONEY rules EVERYTHING!

Ah, bobby. We're not stuck. I came up with a solution to eliminate money, thereby having none to love, thereby eliminating the root of all evil.

I invite you to read my book, freely offered and linked in my sig, for an idea of how we could do this.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
As long as I can be charles, I'll pledge my alliance to Mr Rockefeller and associates and thats fine by me... if it ever comes to this, you'll find me in the other side of the fence... you know... the winning side..
I'll ally easily with TPTB.

Where and when can I sign it?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by northexpedition

What are you talking about? Did you even read his post at all? He wasn't saying he's given up on life and not to mention he already anwsers your question on what we should do about our situation down here. I think you need to rethink what makes life good and bad my friend. Working a job does not distinguish you as a good person, think about it what we would be doing if money wasn't an issue. We'd have all the time to do everything we ever dreamed of.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join