It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life - The Biggest Scam In The World

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Wow bobby, I usually cringe when I see your threads, but this one is fantastic.

I completely agree, we've lost touch with our humanity and meaning of life itself.

I hope you get to spread this message around to it's fullest, as this is worth the read.

Edit To Add: A very well deserved flag for all the criticism I've given you. Apparently I was wrong about you somewhat, not a troll it seems. I apologize.

~Keeper

[edit on 7/5/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hi Bobby

Sorry that you seem so negative about the world and all that it offers. Have read many of your threads I think personally you need to get outside more often and start enjoying everything that life gives you.

We live in a wonderful and beautiful world, there for the taking.... life is really what you make it. Once you understand this Life is WONDERFUL...

By the way who are these elites you talk of.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Interesting stories but it's like mixing apples and oranges a bit. I mean the suicide bomber kid was brainwashed by religion and in a sense was "wealthy" at least he most certainly thought so and from his point of view... it doesn't matter what the suicidal kid and the Illuminati kid thought.

I guess you can go on to say that islam is a "weapon" against the power of the illuminati in terms of making a religion and reward system out of pointless killing right... ofcourse this is a very bad thing to say but within the constraints of your story it looks like it's the only possible conclusion to be made.

I mean are you with the rebel freedom fighters or the evil illuminati.

So the real bad guy in your story is the illumaniti for creating the world that resulted in the death of the suicidal kid and the islamic kid. Or you can say it's the population control methods of the illumanati that resulted in the deaths of random people... in this case the suicidal kid and the suicide bomber.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by FocusedWolf]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I haven't read to the end but those looking to be real in this life would call the ways chosen by the people in your story 'programing'.

We are programed by our traditions, religion, government and society in general to 'BE' a certain way. We have long forgotten how to think for ourselves.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What I have noticed is how money has actually DEVALUED so much. Everything from art to integrity. An easy example- look at what is collectible from 50+ years ago, and look what a collectible is NOW. Cheap plastic junk verses better quality and craftsmanship. Look at music, art, the list goes on and on and on and on. I have noticed very little actual talent is allowed into any of these fields any more. Look how people have lost command of basic grammar and wording. 'Their', 'there' and 'they're' have no meaning. No one cares, no one WANTS to care any more. As long as it makes a buck, who gives a (flip)? Another example of $$ over basic human integrity- Michael Jackson. He dies, and look how many people use someone's DEATH as a moneymaking venue! When did we turn into the Roman Empire?! `I am neither going to praise or condemn him- I am simply pointing out how his death was made into a cash cow corpse in record time. Where are the ethics? Morals? Integrity? Respect?

Why is it only certain people are 'chosen' to represent the arts these days? a major % of them talentless, drug chunking, alcoholic bunch of wasted sexual deviants... Where are the REAL artists? Why did it take Susan Boyle a trip to a tv show to be shown she has talent? Will she have a future, or will she be just another internet/ youtube fad because she 'doesn't fit the mold'?

I am one of those types- a lotta talent, don't know a soul 'in the biz'. Not a single connection. And ya know what? I am a 'nobody'. At least as far as the entertainment part of life is concerned. I can do things that would take 5 Hollywood hacks to do.

I am so sick of money running the world..... So much has been lost simply to LACK of money..... Not talent, not knowhow- just "How much cash ya got?"......

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Life is ...

Being able to see the Andromeda Galaxy and other Galaxies.

Being able to see Flagella Motors that are biological nano tech
machines with dozens of others that look after just one cell in your body.

Life is getting Swine Flu which I have right now. (no joke)
I was so sick last night that I couldn't even sit in this chair.

Life is also smiling at my Swine Flu realizing it's not
as bad as all the TV Media Hype about Swine Flu.
It's just a bad flu and you get over it in four days.
And it makes your body stronger.

Life is understanding that my Swine Flu is like Star Wars
happening right inside my entire body.
With bacteria, viruses, antibodies, chemicals, energy, attacks and defense.

I had a whole bunch of friends in Australia once that used to drink and do drugs and smoke cigarettes.
And they used to graffiti the letters FTW all over their neighborhood.
They didn't like life because they never took the time to study about it all.
So, I left them, and went to many other places to experience life ...

I went to Auckland and worked at a backpackers hostel.
It was amazing meeting people from all over the world.

I learned the Japanese language and then went to Japan.

I went to Queenstown, New Zealand, and learned how to paint landscapes, etc.

I got my first computer in 1995 and learned 3D game design.

Then I became very busy with all the UFO Research on the Internet.

Amazing Life !!!

Way better than sitting in the trees eating rotten bananas.

That's the secret to a good life.
Exploration, creativity, care, respect, admiration, intelligence, participation, honesty, joy, etc.

Here is another example ...

1. I could not think and not care about old people and do nothing.

2. Or I could make this "video for old people" ...

That is what I did.
That is Life !!!

Enjoy!

[edit on 5/7/09 by Project MotherShip]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yes, I understand.

But my question is this. How can anyone be happy when there is so much turmoil, death, suffering, starvation and abuse in the world? I guess I am one of the unlucky ones who faces reality each day about the real situation of the world, and I have done so for many years. The truth is ugly, and I say to those who claim their lives are remarkable and they live in happiness because, maybe they understand the meaning of life. Hogwash.

Yes, hogwash. I have a family. Two great teens, and two that have left the nest. I realize the beauty and happiness a family can bring, and I understand the happiness that can be bought with money also. But I beg your attention to the affairs of the world.

Could you sit next to a starving man and be happy? Could you be in the same room with someone in dire need of medical care (who has no access or insurance) and be happy? I think you get my point. There are literally millions, if not billions, of people suffering on this planet from lack of food, of medical care, of shelter, and basic necessities. I say it does not need to be this way, but because this planet's paradigm is all about capitalism, then thou shalt have it no other way.

How can you be happy if you have children knowing damn well that corruption, fraud and treason is occurring against the people by a small handful of people? How can you be happy when the IMF and the World Bank and the UN pretend to offer assistance to poorer countries but only to recognize they rape the land of natural resources, destroy the currency and damn the people to a life of poverty? How can you be happy when you see legislation in the US that destroy family farming and require you to grow only acceptable plants (GMOs by Monsanto) with a license? How can you be happy when you voice your displeasure with blatant corruption and you are beat down by heavily armed police, and labeled a domestic terrorist? How can you be happy when the federal reserve and other elitists are looting the treasury of the U.S., selling off the public goods (roads, buildings, infrastructure, etc.) and pissing away your tax dollars? How can you be happy when we have been waging wars against defenseless countries for the past 6 years with millions of innocent people killed, ten of millions homeless and even more requiring basic needs?

Where is your dignity dear sir/maam? The reason we are in this mess is because people became complacent, indifferent and ignorant to life...not just our lives but also the lives of billions of others. The past generations were too trusting, easily accepted the dogma of we are doing what's best for you and didn't see a need to monitor those that are so-called leaders. They talk about global trade all the time and how important it is for the worlds survival. How F'ing funny is that? What about the global pandemic of starvation, racketeering, and lack of basic needs? We sure do not seem to find that important, nor do the business leaders because ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY. Your money, not their money. And they have most of it, and want to keep it that way.

We have many issues to resolve before I can be truly happy. I am not one who ignores the reality of life. Yet, many find it easy to do or choose so because the truth is so painful. The painfulness of the truth I can accept for I know that to be true.

So throw your goshdarn TV out the window, or put a hammer through it. Stop listening to the BS they are telling you. The truth is out there and you must do a lot of digging to find it. But the truth is not happy, and the world is not a happy place. Just like life, it is a fantasy...just a perception.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I think some people are misunderstanding what the OP was saying. It was how the people were raised that they were brought up to beleive only these aspects and ideas of life, a sort of perspective for each class that keeps things the way they are now. However, what people must realize is it's not about money, power, control, or even safety. But it's about helping fellow man, adventure, learning, spiritual growth and maintaining a good balance with nature/earth. Also, people must realize that they're being straight done in by "the man" in which they are so quick to defend, and until they realize that everyones been had by "the man" it won't change very easily. Also, someone asked what we should do, IMO if we want an immediate change every person quite literally should take up a small farm in their back yards and focus any money they had on turning their house into a self energy producing house. That way the need and flow of money would be gone, it would be a slow process, but it would the only way to stop "the man" in its track and keep the people in their safety boundaries. Everyone who thinks that working from poor to upperclass is happiness you're wrong.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by agentofchaos]

[edit on 5-7-2009 by agentofchaos]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Naeem82
lol @ the posters who COMPLETELY missed his point

there is a lot of truth to what he said, the rich dont know/understand what it is to be poor, to have all your path's decided for you or severely limited

and the margins are only growing, even the stupid blind sheeple are starting to see it

a good question to ask yourself is how many people really get to go from poor --> middle --> rich --> wealthy --> elite

the steps are hard to break, because the monetary system and resources are a zero sum game

your not going to harvard if you were born in a ghetto
your not going to own a plane/ferrari/etc in the middle class
your not going to own a home/business if your in the poor or young

and soon you wont even own yourself, wake up

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Naeem82]

I disagree!

You can go to Harvard if you live in the Ghetto. Get great grades and work hard and you can get into Harvard.

People can own anything on credit. As well you can own a plane if you were middle class. Sure it wouldn't be a jet but with the cost of fuel why would you want a jet? As for a Ferrari, you could own one if you have good credit and take out a big loan or lease it.

There are programs to get you your own home or business if you are poor.

Things are out there if you utilize them. You have to be willing to put in time and research how to achieve any goal you can. I might be middle class but I grew up poor and started off poor. I know many people who are well off that grew up very poor but kept that as their focus to achieve what they have achieved in life.

Again, life is what you make of it. Rich people don't need to know what it is like to be poor, the poor don't need to know what it is like to be rich. Just follow your own path and work for yourself and your own goals. And life will be happy regardless.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
double post read the one below.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Well I dont agree with all of your OP, but I did like it. It is the smartest thing I have ever read from you. Great job and I starred and flagged your OP.

I only really have 2 points.
1. Life is meaningless. Whether you believe the Bible or not, the book of Ecclisiastes in the Bible says it best. Solomon, or whoever created that charcter, was a genius.
2. Life will always be meaningless whether we earn money or someone hands us everything we need. The latter of which even makes life more meaningless and miserable IMO.

In the end we are just animals, here to reproduce the next generation and prepare them the best we can. Outside of that our existence is meaningless.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
consider little mike. he was born into poor, uneducated parents from 3rd world country. his family struggled, often sending little mike to live with other relatives because his parents just couldn't keep it together. his parents finally gets their immigration papers to come to USA when little mike is 15. for the first time in his life, he got to live with his mom, dad, and his sister, like a normal family. despite living in poverty, they never depended on welfare even though the father didn't have a job and mike and his mother worked several jobs, while he was still in high school. little mike was little no more, learns english and excels at school, but because of his late start in english, his grades and classes he took in high school didn't merit him any scholarship $ for college. undeterred by poverty or lack of connection, he still took out loans for school, worked various jobs to pay for his education while all other college kids around him was partying up their college experience. he graduates with honors, didn't get any girls impregnated or do something stupid to get side tracked, kept his eyes on the prize. he eventually received a doctorate, currently lives in a rural community with his american born wife and two kids. he spends a lot of time and his own money to help the local poor, as he never forgot where he came from.

little mike is a friend of mine, and his life story is an inspiration to many. is his life a scam?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadianmouse

Originally posted by Naeem82
lol @ the posters who COMPLETELY missed his point

there is a lot of truth to what he said, the rich dont know/understand what it is to be poor, to have all your path's decided for you or severely limited

and the margins are only growing, even the stupid blind sheeple are starting to see it

a good question to ask yourself is how many people really get to go from poor --> middle --> rich --> wealthy --> elite

the steps are hard to break, because the monetary system and resources are a zero sum game

your not going to harvard if you were born in a ghetto
your not going to own a plane/ferrari/etc in the middle class
your not going to own a home/business if your in the poor or young

and soon you wont even own yourself, wake up

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Naeem82]

I disagree!

You can go to Harvard if you live in the Ghetto. Get great grades and work hard and you can get into Harvard.

People can own anything on credit. As well you can own a plane if you were middle class. Sure it wouldn't be a jet but with the cost of fuel why would you want a jet? As for a Ferrari, you could own one if you have good credit and take out a big loan or lease it.

There are programs to get you your own home or business if you are poor.

Things are out there if you utilize them. You have to be willing to put in time and research how to achieve any goal you can. I might be middle class but I grew up poor and started off poor. I know many people who are well off that grew up very poor but kept that as their focus to achieve what they have achieved in life.

Again, life is what you make of it. Rich people don't need to know what it is like to be poor, the poor don't need to know what it is like to be rich. Just follow your own path and work for yourself and your own goals. And life will be happy regardless.

i have a friend who was born out of wedlock in south central LA, as ghetto as it gets. he went to johns hopkins university then to UCSF med school.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

We work our entire lives to be able to go to college, get a job, save up for retirement, etc then die.

Not me, I'm one of those people who just live life. Although I'm a deep thinker doesn't really mean I want a great job or want to go to a great University because of it. I just do what ever I please, even if it goes against the law I will take what they throw at me. If they lock me up it was worth it, get it, because that is what I wanted.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousaboutsky

Even in war torn country such as my homeland Afghanistan I saw people get sent to America or Europe for education because they either studied hard or that they were born smart. I think they call it scholarship. Free education.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
[edit on 6-7-2009 by voudew]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
My view is that people are forgetting humans are a 2 part species.

1. we are that tinking thing, that has a sence of right and wrong, that has a sence of self awareness.

2. We are still an animal

Most people forget part two, because they dont like thinking they are still partly that primal, savage beast. but we are.

We have clawed our way to the top, and now nothing on Earth can compete with humans, except humans and forces of nature (earthquakes, valcanos, etc...). So the ones on to will stop it nothing to stay on top, those on bottom will stop it nothing to get to the top.

Eventually it will be realized that we need to work together as a pack of wolves, instead of fighting each other as ravenous dogs.

But give it time, don't forget, we are still a very young species on this planet, let alone the universe. We have just evolved adn progressed to fast for our own good, lol, the thinging thing hasn't caught up with the animal, but it will.

Sry bout those quad post drunk friend grabbed my mouse and kept clicking...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Bobby..
.......Bobby???
................BOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this isn't the start of the story of little Bobby..

See little Bobby spent most of his time disgruntled with the world,working his dead end job supporting a family..Bobby never got drunk or did bad things, just worked and loved his family and god..Bobby only found a little bit of peace being on the web,surfing at all hours when he had some time away from his responsibilitys..Bobby recently has been going through some hard times in his life, his home was being foreclosed on,a family member had also recently passed..Bobby has been soul searching on a very deep level for himself..His family has noticed a change in him, though they couldnt quite put a finger on it..It had seemed like he had a distant look in his eyes..Bobby had put allot of thought in a story that spelled out lifes biggest scam through the eyes of a an average god fearing man..It had gotten Bobby so upset,truely seening the ''hamspter wheel of life'' wishing that he had made different choices in his early days,before a family to chase his dreams..Bobby woke up one morning,kissed each of his family,and told each of them that he loved them..
He walked out the door fighting of tears of depression,and started the car..On the way he stopped by his favorite fishing spot as a boy,because he had never left the town he grew up in..he was always afraid to leave,not knowing if he could make it out side of the city limits..As bobby sat on large fallen tree that had been there for nearly 20 years,he notices that giving a few more years that tree with be nothing but dust on the ground..He had many memorys of that little fishing spot,His big brother had taught him to fish there when he was about 5..Bobby had just buried his brother last week to make his depression with life just that much worst..Bobby walked back to the car and pulled out that little pearl handled deringer that he kept in the glove box..They found Bobby after he didnt answer any calls all day and night..

This story is completely fictional,and not to meant light of the OP BobbyLove..It is meant to even further the storys of peoples lives on the big hamspter wheel of life..

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Redpillblues]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join