It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin expected to announce she will resign from office within weeks!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I agree, it is equally disgusting, no matter which party is guilty of it. I don't care for Palin's politics, but the nasty attacks on the children of politicians and elected officials MUST stop! It makes all of us (Americans and ATS members) look bad! With that being said, there have been several posts on this thread claiming that only the Dems are guilty of this, which is not true. Even though it has been pointed out several times in this thread, some continue to say it, causing others to continue to point out that it's false. Just a giant circular argument that leads to nowhere!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Originally posted by grover

I have said repeatedly that I dislike such things... and think that they are wrong.

Saying that repeatedly doesn't do anything either.

That's where you are wrong. If you repeatedly denounce bad behavior, it sets a tone that eventually seeps into the whole discussion. Very much the same way that ATS admin pushes civility and decorum.

Plus she herself played politics with her family and there is no denying it. When was the last time you saw a candidate repeatedly dragging an infant onto the stage?

* When was the last time a candidate had an infant child?

* If she had kept him offstage, she would have been accused of being ashamed of his disability

* Why should she have to hide her family anyway? She is proud of them, and this is America, after all!

No matter what you say she is a little league soft ball player who was chosen by McCain not for her chops but for her looks and her conservatism.

And that is why you hate her. Her simplicity and her conservatism.

Shame on you for being so intolerant.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm finding a comment pointed out in this morning's USA Today editorial page particularly illuminating as to why Gov. Palin is just not yet "Ready For Prime Time", to steal from the late, great SNL.

In the piece titled "Palin's flameout" they quote a statement that was missed by most critics of her, from her speech in Wasilla on Friday:

Apparently in an attempt to justify her early departure, she said that what all 'lame ducks' do is, "hit the road, draw the paycheck and 'milk it.' "

(I thought I'd better edit here...the phrase wasn't claiming that all 'lame ducks' do this, she said that that is all that they do. See? I didn't want to put words into her mouth...)

SO, not only did she fail her supporters and those who voted her into the Governor's Office, she also insulted just about every other former governor and president out there!!!

Her true colors are being displayed, and they don't all come from Neiman Marcus.

[edit on 6 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I dislike conservative politics and I make no bones about that...nor do you your dislike of liberal politics...BUT...

...not only do I not hate her...I don't even care enough about her to dislike her.

Yes politicians drag their families onto the stage all the time but not every time... she used her family as props...especially her disabled child.

Besides all of that...personally I don't recall any media attacks on her family at all...but then again, I don't pay any attention to the talking heads.

Their opinions are not the news...besides that I really don't pay much attention to anyone else's opinions here on ATS either...If someone is being rude or an ass that is their problem...I am not a mod.

After everything is said and done I read the news and draw my own conclusions.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by grover]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The reason for her actions are plain and simple.
She is dropping out of politics to become a community organizer.
This will give her the experience she needs to run for the Presidency.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

south chicago has twice as man people then AK..
Much less the 3k people in Wasilla when she was mayor then.

So yea, she needs the experience.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Based on demographics, I'm sure even you would agree it also has a much larger number of Kool Aid drinkers.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join