It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin expected to announce she will resign from office within weeks!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic Rights

And, somebody better put Bill Kristol on suicide watch. I don't think he's gonna handle this too well.

Barf. you just had to bring up the son of the father of the neo-cons didn't you!!!

This doesn't change anything I've posted on Palin...but Kristol is harmful to this country.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

LOL....for practice

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
All of you get so heated about something that is so completely irrelevant.
America no longer has a right or a left, our politicianns are only about power, greed and the almighty $$$.
We no longer have representation in this country no matter where your divides and ideals may lean, I thought that was quite obvious when the 1st bailout was passed after the majority of Americans stood up (woke up???) and yelled a resounding NO.
I am still wondering why the majority of us are still paying taxes since we are no longer being represented.
How about using some of that passion and anger to come together and restore America so that July 4th will actually have meaning for our children in the future.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Romantic Rights

And, somebody better put Bill Kristol on suicide watch. I don't think he's gonna handle this too well.

Barf. you just had to bring up the son of the father of the neo-cons didn't you!!!

This doesn't change anything I've posted on Palin...but Kristol is harmful to this country.

LOL well at least we have some common ground.

I'm gonna miss Kristol's wonderful commentary about how much he loved Sarah Palin's winking, though.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Ahhh...now I see the problem....you have no comprehension.

I asked for MSN links trashing Todd etc. ( BTW he was in the separatist party and Sarah did record and allowed a video tape of her to be played at their conference, so that's not trashing it's reporting).
You provided OP-ED links......someone's OPINION not FACTS or NEWS....not Main Stream Media.

BTW you still didn't address the actual points with meat:

Crawford or NY?

Proving my point about division?

Anyways time for supper..........anyone ever have a Donair??? Highly suggest it

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Connector]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
All of you get so heated about something that is so completely irrelevant.
America no longer has a right or a left, our politicianns are only about power, greed and the almighty $$$.

Sorry, but I don't agree with you. Yes, there are some politicians who meet your description and hell, they might even be in the majority BUT not all of them are greedy and lust for power and money.

IMO, Sarah happens to be one of these politicians who is different which is why I believe once she announces her run for the Presidency, her support will be astounding. I believe she is honest, smart, caring and a true Conservative who believes in the well being of America and what America stands for.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

How about using some of that passion and anger to come together and restore America so that July 4th will actually have meaning for our children in the future.

I agree....maybe that's why I'm posting what I am. People have lost what is important...nor do they see that this country is nothing but a shadow of what it once stood for.

The mother of my child, with whom I've been together for 8 years, is due anytime now....and before then...I didn't care about politics....but now I have to....because the world's a complete disaster and I worry about the mess I'm bringing my daughter in to.

Let's hope we can turn things around and make a better world for our children.

Good post.

Cripes people....we are leaving our kids a fricking disaster!!! We need to change things!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

IMO, Sarah happens to be one of these politicians who is different which is why I believe once she announces her run for the Presidency, her support will be astounding. I believe she is honest, smart, caring and a true Conservative who believes in the well being of America and what America stands for.

You very well could be right....but I offer this for your consideration.

Gov. Palin knows of her popularity among the Right wing and she will parlay that popularity, now that she has cut and run from her Governor gig,
into big bucks on the lecture circuit at 100k a pop. She is actually joining the Washington elite and is no longer a Hockey Mom which was part of her great appeal. I'm sure she now has a crack team of speech writers and A&R people on the payroll. Gov. Palin has some heavy hitters on her team. Thus not all that different from the Washington crowd. I'm sure she will play up the "outsider" image but it will fall on deaf ears; at least for those of us who know how the Political dance is choreographed and not completely sucked into party dogma, image and macho swaggering.

She will have a huge war chest when she decides to run but along with that war chest, she will also have the baggage of the dumbass things she is bound to say while out on the lecture trail. Sadly Gov. Palin is her own worst enemy.

Soon she will join the likes of entertainers like Paris Hilton, Lindsy Lohan, Britney, Jessica and Ashlee.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
She will have a huge war chest when she decides to run but along with that war chest, she will also have the baggage of the dumbass things she is bound to say while out on the lecture trail. Sadly Gov. Palin is her own worst enemy.

Well if Obama can do it will all of his non-experience, gaffs and dependency on the teleprompter then Sarah can do it. Plus Sarah has more experience and does not need a teleprompter to express her true feelings and thoughts on a particular subject.

Hey, even the aliens who are sending us messages in crop circles realize that Palin is a good thing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a983b7eaa8b1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild

Originally posted by FlyersFan
1 - She isn't going to be POTUS.
2 - She isn't qualified to be POTUS.

That didn't stop George W Bush or Ronald Reagan; so maybe she has a good chance?

... or Obama

Let's not forget the 'community organizer' and 2 year junior senator who people put in the White House. He had NO executive experience whereas Palin has a few years.

Palin isn't qualified. Obama was even less qualified ... but he got in.

You have a point lightchild.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If she did leave to hope to run for Potus, I think it was a big mistake. She already did it once, when she lost the run for Lt. gov, she was named head of the oil and gas conservation commission, which is a very decent position.To do it once worked for her but to do it twice is really, really risky.

I just hope that she decided that she needs to spend time with her family. And leave it there.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You had the post first , so here I am.
I hope she runs....if there is an election.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Thank you for the no-biased drug history/info of the last 3 pres's

Star for U

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Well if Obama can do it will all of his non-experience, gaffs and dependency on the teleprompter then Sarah can do it. Plus Sarah has more experience and does not need a teleprompter to express her true feelings and thoughts on a particular subject.

Obama may need a teleprompter, but he writes the majority of his speeches. Which very few presidents have been capable of.Basically his writers only assist. He wrote the majority of his inauguration speech.Maybe if Sarah Palin used a teleprompter more she wouldn't of been a regular skit on SNL.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Obama may need a teleprompter, but he writes the majority of his speeches.

Sorry, but I had to laugh.

Where did you hear that dribble? A liberal website?

That is 100% NOT true. Obama writes nothing.

Maybe if Sarah Palin used a teleprompter more she wouldn't of been a regular skit on SNL.

Please, give me a break.
Are you this naive?
Sarah was a regular on SNL because they are liberal along with the MSM and like to make fun of her for no reason. In reality, Obama has had more gaffs than any President in a long, long time.

Barack Obama: Gaffe Machine

Want more:
'Obama's Gaffes Start to Pile Up'

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Did Ronald Reagan ever use a teleprompter?

He was a beloved old coot...errr....'icon'. But, who can't forget other icons, such as Lucille Ball and Johnny Carson??

en.wikipedia.org...

Jess Oppenheimer, producer of I Love Lucy, claims credit for the original concept of the teleprompter and was awarded the U.S. patent for its creation. Originally used so that Lucille Ball could read commercials on-camera, it soon became a staple for television news.

As late as 1992, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson was still using an early mechanical teleprompter.

More:

Etymology

The word TelePrompTer, with internal capitalization, originated as a trade name used by the TelePrompTer Company, which first developed the electronic device in the 1950s.

SO....continuing to denigrate or critiscize someone for using the TelePrompTer is somewhat disingenuous, no???

edit: I was going to comment about 'dribble', but that would have tread dangerously close to "Political Trolling" so, I won't mention 'dribble' in the same sentence as certain former Presidents...and, of course, I mean 'dribble' to mean 'dyslexia'....what else could it mean???

Wait a minute....what were we discussing in this thread, again??? Oh, Mrs. Sarah Palin, yup. I think she could benefit a little from a TelePrompTer, now and then, you betcha!!

[edit on 3/7/2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
SO....continuing to denigrate or critiscize someone for using the TelePrompTer is somewhat disingenuous, no???

I see why you are confused. I am not criticizing anyone for using the teleprompter. I am criticizing the EXCESSIVE/HANDICAPPED use of the teleprompter which Obama clearly does.

I was going to comment about 'dribble', but that would have tread dangerously close to "Political Trolling"

No it would not. Dribble is dribble and sometimes you must call a spade a spade.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Dribble is dribble and sometimes you must call a spade a spade.

Oohhhh....ooof! I've been gobsmacked....kudos, you win this round, good sir!!

Now, I'm off to re-adjust my drool bucket, as I am dribbling on my bib.

....on an alternate computer, no spell-check. Drat!

Still think Mrs. Palin should try for a Senate run, before the Big 'un...but, will stay tuned for the entertainment value, if nothing else!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Yes, you are right.
The ones that are just out of law school, wet behind the ears just taking their first steps into the arena still have an idealistic mission of freedom and justice for all but give them 5-10 years and their ideals will fade as their wallets get lined OR they are ridiculed (See Paul, Kucinich), falsely accused, ignored to the point that they no longer matter and eventually give up(Not Paul which does say something about his intent) .
Our politics in this country are a sham and it makes me so angry that the general populous falls for this everytime(including my family). It is the favorite strategy of "DIVIDE AND CONQUER" if we are always bickering about a facade we will never unite for what we know is right and just.

I was very much into politics(as an independent) 9 months ago but it just smacked me in the face one day that we are being played. Our media demonstrates the facade perfectly... Fox vs. CNN both are complete catering machines to a right and a left and neither one tells us the real story. They are shams that help to further divide our country under false news and talking points (besides if our media is involved you know it is all a bunch of crap) The VERY WELL PAID talking point contributors give us all something to stand around the water cooler and blurt out so we can feel smart and involved.

But whatever, keep on battling your neighbor for who has the biggest and let our politicians get exactly what they want to DIVIDE AND CONQUER.
Happy Independence Day!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Let's just find someone new, the problem is i cant find a guy i agree with even 80%.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join