Sarah Palin expected to announce she will resign from office within weeks!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
Yes, you are right.

That is nothing new as I am usually correct.

But whatever, keep on battling your neighbor for who has the biggest and let our politicians get exactly what they want

I see why you are confused. I am not battling any neighbor for anything. If a neighbor has more than me or something bigger than me, then good for him. I am not jealous nor do I strive to 'one-up' him.

I aquire what I want and need for my personal needs and enjoyment and for no other reason. If I want a bigger house or car it is because I want it or for some reason I need it. Luckily, this is still America where I can buy want I want or need.

So, Yes, Happy Independence Day!!

[edit on 7/3/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
By any chance does anyone know what the lt. governor is like? Are they a suitable replacement?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I think she should drop out of politics completely.

Since she was chosen by McCain as his running mate, she has been unfairly savaged in so many ways that it ought to be criminal.

A woman like Palin should be a beacon and a role model to young girls and women everywhere, but she is so antithetical to the left's model womanhood that her political viability has been shattered.

I'm not saying that she has no future on the national stage. Only that she doesn't deserve the treatment she has gotten and that she can live a perfectly normal and happy life outside politics.

[edit on 2009/7/3 by GradyPhilpott]

I disagree that she's a 'beacon' on the grounds that she was extremely ignorant on world affairs (eg Hamas), and extremely inarticulate when she got her shot.

Admittedly she wasn't ready for her place on the ticket. She had no time to get her media game polished up for CNN etc.

I found her politics deplorable, but that's just a personal thing. She didn't deserve the treatment she got on a personal level, but imo her archaic, narrow-minded politics made her a fair target.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

No I see why you are confused...it was a play on words.
Did you read the rest of the post?
This has nothing to do with materialism or an actual battle with your neighbor.
In other words...If you want to continue to debate and argue who is the best, the right or the left, so be it but please be aware that in reality this is just a ploy to keep our nation divided.
Neighbor being the "other side".
K? Cool.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Shortly after starting this thread, I had to go to work, so I was not able to keep up on the posts or respond myself until now. A few things have stuck out while reading the posts.

One that struck me the most is the notion of political 'celebrity'. As a middle aged man (pushing 50 now!), I remember when I was younger that the 'cult of celebrity' was not nearly as prevalent as it is in today's society. Maybe it's due to the mind numbing amount of media we have now. Back then there were three networks, your local radio stations and your local newspaper. Now with 200 cable channels, satelite radio, and the internet there are literally thousands of hours to fill to every one that was available then. So now no one in the public eye can fart without it showing up in 500 places. I think this deluge of media has exponentially increased societies appetite for 'dirt'. So this puts much more scrutiny on the entire life of a politician, especially one on 'the big ticket'. Many have pointed out that this is just as prevalent on one side of the aisle as it is on the other. Who is to blame for this? WE ARE! The one common denominator to every purveyor of said dirt is PROFIT! If we did not have such an appetite for it, then it wouldn't be out there. There would be no money in it. If you find it disgusting, then stop watching 'reality' TV, stop watching all of those celebrity gossip shows, stop reading all of the celebrity dish blogs, stop watching and listening to the partisan dirt slingers like Limbaugh et al. Read the OP in the thread linked to in my signature line, then ask yourself the question posed in the title of that thread. You will find that WE are all to blame for this nonsense, and only WE can stop it!

In that same vein, the second thing that struck me while reading the posts in this thread is that Gov. Palin intentionally played off her 'celebrity' status. Was she villified? ABSOLUTELY! Why? Because we all just love a villian! How often do we hear about those who do good things and are good people? It just doesn't sell. Also, the only one of her children that has been scrutinized intensely is Bristol, and she too tried to play off her 'celebrity' status. This just begged for her to also join the ranks of villainy! Again, it's what sells, and we are the consumers of it! Until we all stand up and say "ENOUGH!", it's not going to stop. In fact, I only see it getting worse and worse! I say let's save the 'Villian' status for those who deserve the title: The Kim Jong Il's, the Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's, the Osama bin Laden's. There are enough real villians out there!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
When I found out adults were taunting Trig it took me to a level of disgust equal to that I feel about child molesters.

15 false accusations, attacks on her family and children by the Left never before seen in American Politics. Disgusting things like her Husband raping her daughter. I want to vomit right now.

What in the hell is wrong with these jerks who engage in these things. It pains me to live on the same planet with them.

I don't support Sarah and did not vote for her but this has been a real eye opener as to just how dirty the Left is. How disgusting the Left is.

I am currently registered Undeclared but in retaliation I'm going to register Republican in protest. I don't agree with them either, but they have never done anything like the Democrats have stooped too.

I see on the latest Gallup Pole on the topic only 20% now consider themselves Liberal. To me that is good news that only 20% would align with these vile bits of human waste who engage in destroying innocent peoples lives and torment children and I really want to know what Adults taunted Trig as they are as low as a human could possibly be, right along with the trash that tried to spread the rumor Sarah's husband raped his daughter and produced Trig in secret. The Koss is without a doubt the most disgusting political site that now exists or will ever exist. Anyone who justifies them by reading or posting there shares guilt. Only the lowest of life forms would ever click there.

I pray for this country and hope the liars burn in hell if there turns out to be one.

A hard working innocent family is now a half million in debt for proved lies while the liars bear no debt or responsibility. I hope somebody comes along and tears every skeleton out of there filthy closets and destroys their lives as they deserve.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
When I found out adults were taunting Trig it took me to a level of disgust equal to that I feel about child molesters.

15 false accusations, attacks on her family and children by the Left never before seen in American Politics. Disgusting things like her Husband raping her daughter. I want to vomit right now.

What in the hell is wrong with these jerks who engage in these things. It pains me to live on the same planet with them.

I don't support Sarah and did not vote for her but this has been a real eye opener as to just how dirty the Left is. How disgusting the Left is.

As stated in my previous post, it's not just the left! When was the last time you heard good ole Rush say something nice about any Democrat? In fact, I would say that the Democratic Party came back from the ashes so to speak because they started to play the same game the Republicans were playing, i.e. dirty politics. I find it all DISGUSTING! It's very hard for someone like myself who lies in the center to align myself with either party. President Obama did do a fairly decent job of not engaging is such behavior, but he really didn't have a choice, being the first serious african american contender for the throne. Had he done the same, he probably would have lost the election.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
As stated in my previous post, it's not just the left! When was the last time you heard good ole Rush say something nice about any Democrat?

Now I see your confusion. You are mixing up personal attacks and criticizing policies. Rush and Republicans in general don't make the nasty personal attacks like some democrats/liberals especially regarding the children of the candidates. Of course Rush will not usually have something nice to say about the policies of Democrats but that is totally different than swinging nasty personal attacks.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
So Sarah Palin is stepping down now because in her own words:

I thought about how much fun some governors have as lame ducks... travel around the state, to the Lower 48 (maybe), overseas on international trade - as so many politicians do. And then I thought - that's what's wrong - many just accept that lame duck status, hit the road, draw the paycheck, and "milk it".

She doesn't want to be a lame duck governor... how lame.

Apparently she doesn't realize being elected governor means being elected for the full term including as the lame duck... not to just quit when she decides to. If she were offered a position elsewhere that's one thing but this idiotic and self serving (and self centered) decision proves once again how unsuited she is for higher office...

... what would she do resign as president once she became the lame duck?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
So Sarah Palin is stepping down now because in her own words:

I thought about how much fun some governors have as lame ducks... travel around the state, to the Lower 48 (maybe), overseas on international trade - as so many politicians do. And then I thought - that's what's wrong - many just accept that lame duck status, hit the road, draw the paycheck, and "milk it".

Apparently she doesn't realize being elected governor means being elected for the full term including as the lame duck... not to just quit when she decides to. If she were offered a position elsewhere that's one thing but this idiotic and self serving (and self centered) decision proves once again how unsuited she is for higher office...

... what would she do resign as president once she became the lame duck?

I suspect there is alot more to this story somebody probably had gotten some damaging information on her and asked her to resign her office. The excuse she used is just so pathetic as to be unlikely.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Apparently she doesn't realize being elected governor means being elected for the full term including as the lame duck

Well said, Grover. I agree 100%. She should have finished her term. That's what she ran to do .. that's what she agreed to do. It's not like she's leaving because she got elected to a higher office... she's just bailing.

As far as I'm concerned, this SHOULD kill her political ambitions.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
McCain Camp Praises Sanford and Trashes Palin

THIS is an example of why I don't think Palin will go anywhere on the national level in 2012. Those well established within her own party are not supporting at all.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Wow. You and those that starred your post...I am at a loss for words at the ignorance. Hmmm..

Oh! Yes! I got the words now. WHAT THE HELL. If you call yourself an ATS Member then you must realize the MSM is slanted - if not owned - by both sides of the political spectrum, and anyone can be made to look like anything in the media. Obviously there are facts mixed in with the slick editing and outright lies, and we have to, as the public, use our brains to sift through the crap they spew. It seems you have really jumped on the MSM's (especially the Left's) bandwagon.

Try doing some real research and stop taking the media's word and even "video footage" as gospel and find out the truth about a person. It's way too easy to say "Obama's a fascist", "Palin's an idiot", "McCain's a warmonger", blah blah blah. If you think Palin's the type of train that falls off the tracks, give a reason beyond the filth spewed by a bought-and-paid-for media.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by obilesk]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Agree totally. There's some backroom dealing or blackmail or at best some inner-personal-turmoil that is causing this resignation 3 AND A HALF YEARS before her term is up. I guess mafia/Bilderberg/crazed left-wing group.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What do you expect from a woman who didn't know what the job she was nominated for did?

She just does not have the chops for even the job of VP muchless president.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
All Sarah Palin had going on for her was how attractive she is. This is one reason I think John McCain picked her as his running mate and to appeal to women voters as well as males that would want to see her on tv often. Also, since Clinton was narrowly defeated by Obama, he probably thought he could get all of the Clinton supporters on his side. He picked her over other more than qualified individuals to be his running mate and it backfired on him. But he was doomed anyway because he wasn't a particularly weak candidate anyway.

I never bought into the media attacks on her, it wasn't right, but she was just too inexperienced to deal with the sharks. Maybe someday she'll be ready for a white house run, anything is possible because look at our current commander in chief, a freshmen senator without any notable accomplisments managed to convince people he's the hottest thing since sunburn. Then again, Obama was groomed and spoon fed along the way, while Palin got the knives thrown at her.

Then again, who knows maybe the whole plot was from all sides to insure that Obama got into the white house and Palin was just an unsuspecting prop. More attention was paid to her clothing than was paid to John McCain and maybe it was all to protect him since he's in on it. Sounds a little paranoid, that's for sure, but since this is ATS, one must cover as many angles as possible. I do hope for the best for the Palin family and hope no more trash get's thrown at that family.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

Darth, I was reading this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems to touch on what you mentioned....

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Well, had you read the entire thread, you would have known better than to say that. Since it's way back on page 3 or so, I'll repost it:

On his TV show, early in the Clinton administration, Limbaugh put up a picture of Socks, the White House cat, and asked, 'Did you know there's a White House dog?' Then he put up a picture of Chelsea Clinton, who was 13 years old at the time and as far as I know had never done any harm to anyone.

Then there's John McCain, who reportedly told this joke in 1998:

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) reportedly told a "joke" about Chelsea Clinton in 1998, saying, "Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno."

Source.

There's plenty of blame to go around on this issue, on both sides of the aisle! The issues don't matter anymore. Elections have ceased being about issues and who's the most qualified for the job, they have turned into popularity contests. There isn't much difference in our electoral process than that of Prom Queen!

I also want to add that ANYONE who made jokes concerning Trig, Gov. Palin's infant with Down's Syndrome, should be ashamed of themselves! That is so over the line.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

What do you expect from a woman who didn't know what the job she was nominated for did?

She just does not have the chops for even the job of VP muchless president.

Yeah, and instead we got a technically illiterate dumbkopf who, when asked about the promised websites to inform the public, replied:

During an interview on CBS' "Early Show" on Wednesday, Biden told viewers to check out a government-run Web site tracking stimulus spending, but admitted he was embarrassed because he couldn't remember the site's "number."

"You know, I'm embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number?" he asked an aide standing out of view. "I should have it in front of me and I don't. I'm actually embarrassed."

www.foxnews.com...

This after his famous "Stand up Chuck" gaffe!

God save us.:shk:

[edit on 4-7-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I have to agree with that assessment. I think Biden has a foot fetish, seeing as he's always shoving his in his mouth! But in all fairness, the second spot on both tickets was like choosing between dumb and dumber. I will leave it to you to decide which one is which.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join