It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange encounter with a 'little man'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone. Some of the stories you've shared are very interesting. I just got off the phone with Jim, my buddy who saw the little man. I asked him if he can remember anything else about the little guy. I mentioned ETs and greys, and he said it looked nothing like the stereotypical alien with a really big head and huge eyes. He said it looked very human, except for a somewhat large head, and long arms. He said the head and arms were 'out of proportion' to the rest of his body. He had a large, high forehead. He said he remembered the little man's movements seemed very fluid, so fluid they were 'surreal'. Like he was 'flowing with the breeze'. He said it's hard to describe.
That's one reason why he resembled a cartoon that had come to life.
(That and his overall appearance.) He didn't have anything else to add.
He said he hadn't used the term 'surreal' in years. We both got a chuckle out of that.

He said that in all the years of going to the cabin, he has had no other experiences that were out of the ordinary, nor has anyone else, to his knowledge. He said he's avoided the area since it happened, other than walking through it twice, both times in the last couple of years. The area has changed and the clearing is now overgrown w\ trees and shrubs, but the trail still goes through there.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

Just a suggestion, but would you/he be inclined to go back and maybe tend to the overgrown area? Might be interesting to see if there's any "vibe" or not.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

I was telling him that we should do a short video documentary, walking through the area. He said he thought that would be cool. He's not really scared to go there, although he said if he were to see it again, he would get the hell out of there like he did before. I agreed that I would not approach or try to communicate with a little man at all. I would probably pee my pants!

The problem now is getting the time off to go there. My work schedule
is hectic, but I think in the next few weeks we could do it.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

It'd be really cool if you could make a short film and really nice to see the area... would you be inclined to clear it up at all?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
That's cool, I live around areas kind of like that. Who really knows what is out there? In the midwest there is alot of empty land, and you can never know what is in there. I would love to see something like that, but I would probably pee myself.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
In 1979, my older brother and I were living in Four Corners area of New Mexico. I worked in the Oil Fields and my older brother was an undercover cop for the Sheriff's Office, working at a large Coal Mining Operation. My brother was put on at said job and given a list of those employees under suspicion of stealing from the Company. My brother being suspicious of Corporate Management (as we all should be), began watching the Management Personel and got the goods on them, eventually. During his time at the Mine, my brother had free range of the entire mine, often driving long distances from open pit to open pit, night and day. Many times he's relayed the story to me of driving around a large Coal pile one afternoon and there atop a lower pile next to it was a "Little Man" sitting, watching him and his truck drive by. He stopped his truck and watched the "Little Man" back, trying his best to discern exactly what he was seeing, if anything at all. He estimated the little guy was maybe forty feet away, two to three foot in height, thin, a fully formed older adult human male, wearing a Loin Cloth, sandals and headband. After several minutes of a Mexican Stand-off, of a sort, the "Little Man" stood-up turned and walked away down the back side of his pile of coal. My brother tried to persue, but he'd gone. When the Navajo speak of "Dah Lit'l Peep-ules dat live in dah Coal", neither me or my brother doubt that they exist... of course, neither do the Navajo.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a friend of mine's grandma from mexico says they do exist and if u ever see moving shadows its most likely them stealing something.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Intestingly this phenomena seems to be encountered across many different cultures, there may well be something to it.

I'm not sure why this struck a chord in me, but it made me think of reading The Castle by Franz Kafka and his depiction of the 2 brothers in it and also I'm sure there are fables/fairytales that cover this sort of theme, although my mind is drawing a blank currently.

It also made me think of an experience I had as a child.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Are you sure your friend didn't have that whiskey before he glimpsed this little man

Nah, I'm kidding of course. This is a very intriguing story indeed.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

this is so cool and thanks for sharing it

whats the source on these little men that the Native Americans speak of? and the ones in Scandinavia?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
2525, I have a question if I may. Do you know if there are any large crystal or mineral deposits in the vicinity of the sighting? Is the region mountainous or near above/below ground running water? It seems these disturb (or possibly reconnect) the vibrational energies of a space, creating a vortex.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This will sound weird i know but similar story happened to me with a old friend of my family when he was living at the jungle at Chiapas here in Mexico when he was younger.

He was walking in the jungle 1 day when suddenly he start to listening very loud screams, like child screams but very loud so he got scared and star running out of it then a rock hits from the sky near to him so he hides behind a tree and after a while nothing else happened so he walk to the rock and he try to grab it but he find it really heavy cuz it was from the size of a football but he say that was throw at him like if it wasnt heavy at all so he managed get out of the jungle and never returned that place again.

So after listen the story i keep my self all sceptical cuz the man is older and is a well know drinker, so i asked him "what do you think it was?" so he answer "probably was a Chaneque having some fun with me" at time i never ever listened to that word "Chaneque" so i asked him what is that and he told me that according to the popular think of ppl the Chaneques are the dead child who didnt recieve a blessing for his spirit after they born (what in traditional christianism is the baptisim) and they live in the jungles and forest forever

So anyways i made my research about this creatures and you will find this info some usefull cuz they appear to be more than a new age mith cuz it origins came from the old cultures like the mayans and the aztecs.

Chaneques official info in wiki

The mayans just to refer to them as the "Aluxes" and they believed they were magical creatures that just to protect the sacred places for the mayans...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f189aff20170.jpg[/atsimg]

and here is how they may look like according to different descriptions

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d016d1cfea91.jpg[/atsimg]

of course that may be exagareted but kinda give us the idea of how they look like

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dominuz

I would have shoot this damn thing in the face. It look like Popeye, but angrier and creepier

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominuz

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d016d1cfea91.jpg[/atsimg]

of course that may be exagareted but kinda give us the idea of how they look like

From the title I was expecting a recounting of Danny Devito being s-faced on "The View". - Hemisphere

See, it was Danny Devito!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
In Nordic countries, belief in the "Little People" is very common.
I've read in fact that when there is to be development of rural or wooded areas, there is a waiting period, so they can post signs warning the Little People of what's to come and when.

Kind of neat huh?!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
i was in a rush so i didnt read the rest of the posts just this first one. But it reminded me of a similar story my aunt told when i was about 10 years old, (33 now) I dont recall the story but im gonna call her and ask her about that time and perhaps post it later.

I think there are a race of aliens that are visiting rather then local residences of earth but who knows. Ill try get her story on what happened but it was basicaly the same thing out at the farm in a coulee valley area. I remember her saying she thought it was one of us kids but we were all around the house, the coulee was about .5 km away.

I cant believe i just remembered this story, i need to call her and talk to her about that, shes pretty old now, prob wont remember it. Ill post back later to update though. I remember her being very serious and quite disturbed about it.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by ldyserenity

Why can't I have anything like that happen to me?

Because you'd probably crap yourself. I did the first time I got up close and personal to a 'wil o' the wisp' ball thing...... I also broke the world record for the 1 mile sprint immediately afterward. And I am a levelheaded type person who doesn't shirk from much.

Well, I have seen the movies Trolls and Leprechan many times!

That's funny, why would you run from a ball of light? I don't think I would be afraid, but I do think I'd pull out the picture phone and take a picture to make sure everyone would be able to beleive me!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

i think we know a little more about the origins of dany devito now, i never imagine him been a magical creature doe but it kinda have sense

maybe he was out there visiting hist family when your buddy saw him in the woods in the bathroom probably

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
That is one of the most romantic stories ever!! And very good writing, I kept wondering if you ever saw her again
Thanks!

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
When I was 16 the older sister of the bass player of the band I played the drums in talked me into going deep into and onto an Indian Reservation close to Billings Montana to look for what she called 'The little men of the Briars'.

She described them much the way you described them so late one night after a show and a party we headed out in her car along with a guitar player and roadie from the band to drive for hours into the wilderness of the reservation to where just before the sun came up the last of the dirt roads turned to grass covered trails.

i

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

The source is folklore and stories, usually passed down, and sometimes sightings, my grandfather told me a lot of our heritage.
You should start with the Eddas and there is mention of trolls, dwarfs, little people etc.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join