It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange encounter with a 'little man'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
WOW that was cool! When she said she planted the whiskey I immediately wished I was you!

Yes my friend, it's not just space aliens the men of this planet have to be worried about being kidnapped by, but the woman of the planet kidnapping us too!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sabrinaleena

That is one of the most romantic stories ever!! And very good writing, I kept wondering if you ever saw her again Thanks!

Thanks friend, yes I saw her twice more over the next several months but in tightly controlled and monitored situations. The band itself was always travelling and didn't make it by where she lived all too often.

Six months later I parted company with that band to move Los Angeles, neither she not the members of the band knew I was only 16. I had presented my self to them and travelled in and out of the U.S. and Canada playing with them as a '19' year old on false documentation.

She did continue to swear up and down afterwards as many people living in that region did that the "little men of the Briars' are real and part of folk lore dating back in the region hundreds of years.

She sure put her many passions and interests in them to creative use and I have to confess that even though I have widely traveled that particular sunrise, the local scenery, and her charming company and mirthful and mischevious ways were all part of one of the most beautiful and memorable experiences I have ever enjoyed anywhere with anyone.

It sue has instilled in my a life long curiousity about 'little men' to say the least.

Thanks for commenting and sharing.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Sounds much like the "wee folk". No clue whether these are small beings of some sort, or a product of the mind, but they're interesting, whatever they are.

The wee folk seem to pop up in folklore throughout Europe, possibly elsewhere as well. It seems like they happen too often to be just imaginary; but then, if real, where *are* they?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
First off, I live in a very historic and old part of southern massachusetts. Right outside of a paranormal hotspot called the Bridgewater Triangle, where theres plenty of crypto-zoology and ghost stories to go around. Well a few years back i went to a local meeting with some people who run a radio show around here where they discuss these types of encounters. According to them there are loads of stories about little men around here. Native American legend calls them Puckwudgies. They are small Native American spirits which frighten hikers and supposedly lure them into alternate dimensions deep in the woods. The people will follow them for a few steps off the path and will be lost in the woods for hours. heres a wiki link for you all if your interested

en.wikipedia.org...

There are a few websites around with information on the Bridgewater Triangle too. Alot of the King Philips War happened around here

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discordia23
S & F!

Thanks for sharing this, I love posts like these because I end up spending the next several hours reading the strangest stuff on web pages I would've never otherwise found.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the area.

I Know me too! I love it! It is so interesting.

VEry neat story, I am gonna check out some youtube vids now, lol

I can understand him not telling for 15 years...

I had UFO experiences I was afraid to share from 25, 20, and 9 years ago until the one last summer was sooooo undenianble I knew (because I was with a group of hikers) that there was noooo way it was in my head afterall.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I've always believed in them, my gramma told me stories when I was a wee lass, and I spent my days in the woods looking for them. Maybe there was a fairy ring close to this glen. Fairy rings are the location of gateways into elfin kingdoms, or places where elves gather and dance.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d85ab8d0f16c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
happy 4TH!

SEW ME!!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Americans blow stuff up today.

Excuse the worse of us right wing today

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

I wonder if it was Cleared in th first place by a ufo then???

Why else or how else would a perfectly round cleaing in the middle of a bunch of trees exist?

Kinda neat.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
How can a flower grow perfectly symmetrical and beautiful?

NATURE! It rules

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
cool story ive read something like this before

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Thanks so much for this story- thank gods your friend came forward & told you! This might help you in your research: Native Americans in the New England area knew of "little people" haunting their land; they called them Nan-a-push. Also, a great book for you to have is W. Y. Evans-Wentz's "The Fairy Faith in Celtic Countries", published by DuFour Editions. Another is "Passport to Magonia" by Jacques Vallee. They go in & out of print but you can find them on Amazon.

reply to post by lw2525

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

Holy freakin cow man!

Amazing, I'll admit, I may not be the most perceptive when it comes to being able to tell whether or not people are lying, but Ill tell you what.

This rings true with me. Thanks for sharing...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solofront
Just curious, how tall is that martian person in that one photo?

Less than 2 feet probably?

Could the two be related in the distant past some how?
No they are NOT related.The "Statue" face was blacked out and is actually female with a pet snake in her lap,and she's about 6 inches tall,not humanoid.Look at the facial detail Nasa blackfaced out for falsifying info.For comparison the top male face of a similar but larger size on Mars.Humanoid size ,the last 2 frames,male. What the story refers to apparently is wood gnomes in popular world stories of many people.Artists render them as very human-looking but less than infant sized mostly,or infant sized. I think some people can see them,and some can't.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Twang! And a memory flitted from the corner of my mind from my trip to Iceland.
The guide, Elott, told us about the 'Elves', and they do, indeed, re-route roads so they don't disturb the places where they live; usually small hills. He told us of a series of events in the building of roads in Selfoss, I believe, where they had to build a road through a small stony hill. it turns out that when they were set to plough through it the machines would break down, and the workforce would be involved in accidents, some of them rather serious. they decided to call ther service of a medium-type person, who told them that they could build the road in that path, but they had to move the whole hill out of the way, as the Elves were living there (they commonly live under stones).
Odd, eh?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is a story I had read but then lost. I gave up trying to find it until this story was posted. Well I looked for it one more time and believe it or not I found it. Here is the story with the link to the site. This guy send
so out an open invitation to anyone interested in searching the area with him. Including his contact information. I would go.

"Also about 15 years ago, just south of this area, I was in a canoe with my younger brother out for a sunset paddle when we both saw something strange standing on the shore. We were at the base of Deer Leap Mountain, which has a large boulder field running down to the lake. We were about 200 feet out when we saw a thin, brown haired creature standing erect on the shore about the size of a small man. Its body was facing sideways from us but its head was looking directly across its left shoulder at us.

We did not feel secure to move any closer than we were. It had a strange grin with piercing eyes, almost a maniacal look. It had long thin arms and did not move as we slowly paddle by. It was not dark yet, the far shore was still lit by the sun but our shore was now in shadow. As we turned around to go home we noticed it had climbed a dead pine tree near by, and moved out on to the crook of the branch. As it was griping onto the branch, it cocked it's head towards us, starred at us, then turned it's head down between it's front arms and into it's chest. At this point it became camouflaged with the tree. If you did not know it was there you would have thought it was a large lump of branch.

A foot note to this, is a story I read about a thing in New Hampshire called a Wood Devil, it was known to the old hunters to be found in the forest and when ever a person came near it froze, blending in with the trees around it.

And add to this that last summer I had mentioned to a employee at a near by YMCA camp that I had heard Bigfoot when she interrupted me to tell me about a thing she saw that she named "Monkeyboy". She said it was small, with brownish hair covering it's body. She and another friend saw it hopping at a lakeside pavilion. It looked at them and hopped up onto the steps then off behind a small wall. And when it looked directly at them and they screamed and ran away. It was the size of a small man. This spot is 2 miles north of where I heard the noises and about 3 miles from where I saw the creature on the shore/ Another mile or so to Bucks Mountain."

www.bigfootencounters.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I really enjoyed this post. The story teller seems playfully but honest at the same time. Very interesting..

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Also notice the mentioning of "camouflage" pretty interesting coincidence

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Back in the early nineties, we'd just moved onto some property and were hooked up to the neighbors water, until we could get our own well. A friend of theirs, Charlie, was always "perfecting" the plumbing in the pump-house. And in the mean time we'd be without water for weeks. Everything had to be just so before he'd get the water back on. Well, I'd get sick of that sh*t, and I'd jerry-rig it so we'd have water. One afternoon I was in the pump-house doing just that and I saw a little man for a fraction of a second. He was about two feet tall and had red and blue clothes on and he thought it was hilarious that I was messing with Charlie's plumbing job. I went into the neighbor's house and said, "so, I just saw this little man". They said, "Oh, those are Charlie's. They like to mess with him". I said, "well, he thought it was funny that I was messing with Charlie's stuff, too." ...true story.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
My grandpa and aunt have seen them before. My grandpa saw one dancing on a hay bale. It wore brown clothes. I don't know about my aunts sighting though.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join