It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange encounter with a 'little man'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is one of the weirdest stories I’ve ever heard.
Jim, the guy who had this ‘encounter’, is the older brother of one of my closest childhood buddies. Jim is a cool person, very calm and easy-going. He’s a big outdoorsman….a hunter\fisherman kind of guy.
He’s also not into the ‘paranormal’ at all. It was actually humorous for him to even discuss this story.

When I was 12 years old, Jim was around 18 or 19, and he would sometimes let some of his younger siblings and me ride with him when he drove to the cabin that their family owned. It was about 70 miles away, in some heavy wilderness. The men in their family used the place for hunting and fishing.

There was an area that we called "the clearing", which was an open area in a dense woods. You'd follow a trail for about 3/4 mile from the cabin, and you'd come into this clearing, which was an amazing natural circle of trees. We put some tree stumps inside the clearing to sit on. I remember the sunlight filtering through the trees, which sometimes produced a fantastic effect. The place always had this vibe, like it was a powerful spot. It can be spooky. As a kid, I felt like it was almost overwhelming sometimes.

I was at Jim’s house recently, helping him with his computer. We were talking and I brought up the cabin, and I said “ There’s something about that place that’s eerie…it’s mystical”. I told him how the place literally scared me when I was a kid.

He said that he had something ‘absolutely crazy’ to tell me, that he had never told anyone, not even his wife, because it was just too crazy. He felt like I might be ‘understanding’, because of the way I talked about the place.

This is our conversation, almost verbatim…

Jim said: ‘Remember the spot we called 'the clearing'?
I saw something there in August of 1994. You won't believe me..you'll think I'm crazy... I guess a person could try to explain it away as a complete and total hallucination.
I swear I saw it as sure as you’re sitting there.’

Me: What did you see?

Jim: 'I was out there about 1 or 2 in the afternoon, and I was just walking up the trail with my .22 rifle. I was walking really slowly. I scared up a couple grouse and they flew right up in front of me, almost in my face. It got very windy and looked like it was going to rain or storm. As I approached the clearing, I heard this really spooky bird call sound. It was very mournful, like a dove or pigeon. I have no idea if that sound was related to what I saw. I could not place the sound. When I walked into the clearing, I saw this shadow, this movement to my left, so I looked over, thinking it's going to be an animal, and then I saw this little man!'

Me: What????????

Jim: 'This tiny f'ing little man! He was kneeling down, like he was doing something with the plants... he seemed to be waving his hand over some plants, and I think I startled him...he stood up.
I only saw him for about 4-5 seconds...then he disappeared into the shadows. I saw his head, neck, shoulders, upper body, and long skinny arms. He was very thin.
I doubt that he weighed 10 pounds.
I froze, absolutely motionless, and watched him.

I could actually make out some of the features on his face, even though he was in the shadows. He had this really strange appearance, like a cartoon that had come to life.
If he was wearing any clothing, it was some kind of jumpsuit, almost like a type of camouflage… I couldn’t see any discernible shirt or pants.

He was two feet tall....the top of his head was the height of one of our tree stump stools. I got the distinct impression that he was doing something which I interrupted, I caught him by surprise, startled him...and that wasn't cool, and something told me to leave there quickly, so I turned around...I didn't run, but I walked very fast, trying to stay calm and quiet. I didn’t even go back to the cabin. I got in my truck and drove home. I was so freaked out I stopped at the store right before I got home. I got one of those small bottles of whiskey, like a pint, and poured the whole thing into a glass of Coke and drank it.”

Jim asked me who I thought the little man was, and what he was doing.
Like I was supposed to know! I told him I sure as hell don’t know. I’ve been doing some research, and in addition to the standard gnomes and faeries lore, I found some native American stuff about ‘little people’ that is quite interesting. I’ve also read some stories about construction crews in some Scandanavian locales actually re-routing highways so as not to disturb the little people. That’s wild!

Like the majority of ghost stories, I think most of the stories about ‘little people’ are the result of over-active imaginations, but I believe these little people do exist. Maybe they live underground, or only in densely wooded areas. I also think they totally avoid humans.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
that's an amazing story. Thanks for sharing it.
Why can't I have anything like that happen to me?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Now you have piqued my interest! That is cool. I am going to do some research myself. Thanks for sharing this story!!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Wow, thats really interesting. I don't know what I would do if something like that happened to me. I always feel like there is more to this world than we will ever know...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

Cool story.

I have to leave my skeptics hat on, of course, but a fantastic story nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

S & F

If not real it was very entertaining.

Not making any kind of call just saying is all.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

everybody wants somthing to happen them but somtimes its better that nothing happens because what might happened could leave you tormented,it sounds cool like awe i want to meet one but if it was to actaully happen you would feel totally different you kno what i mean?IMO but cool story thou

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Great story, you should be a writer if not already,

If this was a extraterrestrial biological entity then, from what I have researched IMO I believe that the ebe would have known that your friends brother was there.

Maybe your friends brother should get himself regressed, you never know something more may have happened that his subconscious is not allowing him to know.

Through regression the subconscious mind can be coaxed in to pushing up the memory to the concious mind, if it was just a dream memory being leaked or something like that within a short space of time, under regression, he will find out.

I for one would like to know either way.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
that's an amazing story. Thanks for sharing it.

lol, join the club.....never seen anything unusual!

Anyway, cool story, I believe him, why not!! Lucky for them they stay hidden, I'm sure we would probably enslave/exterminate them etc etc etc........

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Just curious, how tall is that martian person in that one photo?

Less than 2 feet probably?

Could the two be related in the distant past some how?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Cool story.

Why did he wait 15 years to tell you?

How often did he go back after the incident?

Did it look like this?

www.picture-newsletter.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I will go long periods of time without seeing him, and the chance for him to tell me this story never came up in any conversations we had in the past. As I said, when I told him the place scared me as a kid, that seemed to be the trigger that prompted him to tell me the story.

He's simply not into paranormal stuff. I think he's one of those people who believes it's just 'too weird'.

He had some very recent photos of the area, and I'm going to post them here so everyone who reads the story can get an idea of the terrain. It's a cool place. Dense woods, some ponds and streams, with small waterfalls.

I mentioned the post someone had about getting regressive hypnosis or something similar, and he doesn't want to go that far.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
ive herd a couple stories like this but from two of my friends as well. the first time i herd about it was like i said from a very close friend who is really involved spiritually, anyway he had told me a story a bit like this that he had only seen this creature for only a few moments but said it looked elf like. pointy features. the other friend is an outdoorsman as well and maybe there is a spiritual link to all this idk but its interesting to hear that this is a case that has same characteristics as this one. hmmmm id like to hear more stuff if anyone else cares to share!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

So where exactly are we in terms of major regions?
Mainland Europe, Eastern North America, West Coast North America, Rocky Mountains, South America, etc.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Because you'd probably crap yourself. I did the first time I got up close and personal to a 'wil o' the wisp' ball thing...... I also broke the world record for the 1 mile sprint immediately afterward. And I am a levelheaded type person who doesn't shirk from much.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

It happened in the U.S., in southern Nebraska, in an area near the Missouri river. The terrain is impressive. There is a huge, flat river plain with rolling meadows, but as you approach the river, there are steep, rocky bluffs. The area is called the "Loess Hills",

Here is a pic from atop a bluff, near their cabin:
i475.photobucket.com...

Here's the approximate area where he saw the little man:
i475.photobucket.com...

This area has a cool pond...it's about 200 yards from the cabin.
i475.photobucket.com...

I know these photos aren't exactly spectacular, but I thought readers may want to see a couple pics of the area.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
[edit on 3-7-2009 by gandhi]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Highly interesting story...

Well, in many countries, there are stories of gnomes and dwarfs still coming out...

But the jumpsuit makes me think of aliens...

Many people believe that extra-terrestrials, especially friendly ones, would be more attuned to nature, seeing they would understand the importance of the planet's health.

Weird story...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
They have these beings in Argentina and Brazil. Search alien dwarf or gnome. There are videos of them on Youtube.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Fromabove]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
S & F!

Thanks for sharing this, I love posts like these because I end up spending the next several hours reading the strangest stuff on web pages I would've never otherwise found.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the area.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join