It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange encounter with a 'little man'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
2 questions....

In the pic where he saw the little man- did you have a good look at that rock face? To the right on it, is a simulacrum of a kneeling person. I wonder if his brain didn't pick up on it subconsciously and made a little man.....

Second, is that white quartz in that pond? If so, you might ask if he knows anything about gold panning...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
There's an interesting book whose title I simply cannot remember that has a real bearing on this story.

To cut it absolutely to the bone, plenty of people see apparitions like this. Some psychics allege that they can see such apparitions in different countries, and the appearance of the entities can reflect local beliefs and icons.

Such apparitions are often seen around plants. You say that the man in the clearing was "doing something" to plants, waving his hand over them.

One of the instances quoted in the book is that of the Findhorn community, who, in the sixties, went to a small Scottish island to try more natural approaches to farming. Gradually some of the community members started seeing similar creatures, which seemed to have something to do with helping the plants grow.

The book's thesis is that life processes may be initiated from another dimension, and these entities are our personalisation/anthropomorphism of these intrusions. It's an idea I rather like, though at present unverifiable.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by rich23]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Great story! I am becoming seriously obsessed with finding out all about these creatures.

I actually met some elves in the astral planes. They appear to sort of occupy the boundary (they were like the op mentioned, cartoons come to life) between worlds.

Ever wonder why gnomes sit on fly agaric mushrooms? Its because they alter perception.

The most crazy story I heard was about two friends who were hiking coming across a group of male and female (apparently) elves dancing in a circle (like certain tribes do to enter altered states), a sort of rip in timespace occoured in the middle circle that looked like a corkscrew (vortexes are often linked to accessing higer planes) and the creatures started jumping into it and disappearing, but a female elf saw them and approached then (they were frozen by the sheer terror that seems to surround events of mindbending high strangeness), hitting them with a stick/septer which knocked them unconscious.

So if you see these, dont be so quick to approach them. It seems as if they become hostlile when people get in the way of their vortex travel. There was that Brazilian case were two cops were found babbling insanely in their police station about a duende that said it was going to eat their souls.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

Interesting story, there are all kinds of stories of these types of creatures. Many think they come from some underground society. ATS member Skyfloating has some excellent threads researching the accounts of gnomes and elfs coming from underground or mountain dwellings. You also may be interested in this thread of mine detailing a paper written about the supposed secret underground world beneath our very feet..www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Weird story to say the very least.... but I do think it is believable. The world is so large and filled with so many things we have yet to find out about. I would say anything is possible... giant squid, time rips, ufo's, ghosts... anything. There are too many reports on unnatural things like this that leads you to believe some of these people may not be so crazy. You can have a million falsified reports... but it only takes one TRUE report to be right. Keep that in mind.
-Z-

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
ebe or not, events like this do not happen just once to a person. Trust me. If there is one, there is at least one other event. And i am not even 20 and i have had multiple. But the area i lived in was especially funky to start with so it might just be the area and not me.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Fascinating tale LW! It seems everyone knows at least one highly credible person with a strange story.

From the title I was expecting a recounting of Danny Devito being s-faced on "The View".

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

If the clearing is large enough, can you post a google earth image or coordinates? Maybe we can see it...

I understand if this is an invasion of privacy though for your friend, so I get it if you don't want to post it.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
When I was 16 the older sister of the bass player of the band I played the drums in talked me into going deep into and onto an Indian Reservation close to Billings Montana to look for what she called 'The little men of the Briars'.

She described them much the way you described them so late one night after a show and a party we headed out in her car along with a guitar player and roadie from the band to drive for hours into the wilderness of the reservation to where just before the sun came up the last of the dirt roads turned to grass covered trails.

We stopped a spell to climb the sheer face of a near by rock bluff that towered hundreds of feet over a nearby valley to watch the sun come up on a panorama that was devoid of a single road, telephone pole, fence or sign of man for as far as the eye could see, which had to be about 25 miles.

We got back in her car and proceeded to drive along the narrowing dirt trail that was so overgrown a car could hardly pass until the point she got stuck in a mud flat which her car just dug deeper into as she tried to drive out of it.

She laughed and said you know we are trespassing here; the Indians who live on this reservation can legally shoot us if they find us.

We proceeded to fashion some digging tools from branches and thick pieces of broken tree bark and low and behold I hit something with a metallic twang and within a few moments unearthed a bottle of Whiskey that had it's label completely worn off and had been buried in the soft mud for heavens knows how long.

We cracked it open and bravely each took a swig to determine in fact that it was Whiskey and as the other two guys in our party of four started passing it back and forth between them merrily while sitting in the mud scraping at the rear tires, she announced to the assembled party that she and I were going to take a break and a stroll to see if we could spot the "Little men of the Briars".

I was skeptical of course, being from big cities, having never heard of such a thing, and the Bass Player who was 19, and his sister who was 23 and married to a rather odd older man where all 'eccentric' to say the least.

She had been telling me stories about these "little men" half the night, at the party after the show, during the long drive, and now as we walked a good couple of miles into the woods well past where the road became a barely discernable path till we finally reached a natural clearing in the woods similar to the one in your story.

It was early summer and early morning and full of wild flowers and high soft grass with a few thick fallen tree logs for seats too.

She said well here we are this is where I always find them...

In fact she said there is one here now...

I looked all around the meadow peering into the trees and the forest that surrounded it trying to detect one of these 'little men'.

Finally I looked at her and said, I don't see him, where...

She pointed at me and said...right here, you are the little man of the Briar today...sorry it's the only way I could get you away from everyone to be alone with you!

As we enjoyed an hours long interlude frolicking about the meadow giggling at the cleverness of her wiles, determination and deception she finally said...well we better get back before someone gets suspicious, I am sure they are nice and drunk by now and haven't really noticed how long we have been gone, but better safe than sorry.

I agreed and said to her, kind of convenient me digging up that bottle of Whiskey like that then huh?

Yeah, she smiled a mischievous smile again and said that’s why I buried it there on my last trip!

I nearly choked when she said that...

I said well I hope they at least got your car dug out, it's going to be a real mess if we can't get it out of that mud hole...

She smiled and laughed again...oh I could have rocked out of that mud hole in three seconds and will, I just needed to give the guys something to do while I was kidnapping you!

True to her word we returned to the car to find the other two guys falling down drunk and hardly having made a dent in the mud that just kept seeping back in on itself as they tried to dig it out, and they pronounced freeing the car hopeless.

She smiled and said well let me try rocking it out one more time and it took her all of three seconds like she said to get the car back on solid navigable land.

I don't know about the Little Men you friend saw, but there are truly "Little Men of the Briars" and evidently so I am told I am one of them.

As Joe Walsh would say "Life’s been good to me so far"

[edit on 3/7/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It is amazing how many stories we hear from credible people who have witnessed things like this. Intriguing.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Not trying to spoil fun,but this is ATS, could this of been case of DTs, I noticed he went for Booze as soon as possible?

I have had DTs, during which upon laying down to go to sleep, when closed eyes I would see all these different kinds of monsters, they would come right up to my face and look at me.
I would just try and look at them and see what they were doing, if I opened my eyes they would go away, I was lucky in that respect.
Some people have these vision with eyes open, and could have seizure, worst case or heart attack.
Someetimes these visions are just one like a person seeing a rooster smoking a cigar, or a pink elephant.
Needless to say but I nolonger follow that path.

Maybe you need to be in altered state to see these things on differnt plane, I once stayed up for 4 days and the world was kind of melted away into a whole different reality.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Now that was cool! S&F!

I had a friend some years ago, now in prison, who's father collected books. Old books, weird books, expensive books, foreign books and you name it. He will even frame books of choosing and hang them all over his walls. Anyway those years ago we were talking on the subject of gnomes, fairies, elves and such and a few days later he brought this book over from his dad that, according to the story had been passed down the family line for some time. Either way this book was the most interesting thing I think I have ever read on the subject in my entire life.

Now I do a lot of reading and have for some years, however this book seemed eerily authentic in descriptions of such information as detailed accounts, stories and pictures where hikers from long ago never noticed these elves or whatever had been watching them in the brush. There was much information and a good amount of pictures of such things that were mostly pictured by unsuspecting hikers. For the life of me, they seemed 100% authentic. This book was quite old and I still don't remember what it was called or how to get it. My friends dad no longer has it as my friend lost it somehow. Retarded I know but it had to have been the craziest, most informative and oldest book I have seen in my life. It was full of entire accounts of these types of things. It had pictures I have never seen anywhere on the internet or in any library.

However it talked of portals in certain densely wooded areas and other dimensions that such elves or gnomes would tap to use for entering our dimension.

In reality I am not saying any of this is true but honestly, the book creeped me out with the hundreds of pages it had with this information and pictures.

To this day I have never seen anything like it so I still wonder if it is possible such things do exist. I mean after all myths and legends spawn from something don't they?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
They are intracelestrials, they are scientists who test the waters and foliage of our planet.

They have the ability to utilize the surroundings for their earthly costume.

Also they have the ability to appear as human if they choose.

Normally grey to blue colored skin, with an almost animal human face when captured in their natural form. The hands are slightly clawed and larger than the skinny arms.

Almost a rubbery looking outer skin.

As they do camoflouge with the colors that surround their enviroment, many go unnnoticed by humans but it is a rare occurance that they are discovered.

The thought your friend had that he had happened upon something he was not suppose to have seen was a telepathic imprint by the being. And his leaving was also implanted in his subconscience.

It is never a fear feeling that you sense from these scientists, but just a strange leftover never to forget experience which cannot be answered or shared lightly.

Some more detail of the beings looks would be helpful.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Very interesting story. Makes me think you are a writer. Even if as you say it is true, it is something I would remember for life.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Very interesting story. Makes me think you are a writer. Even if as you say it is true, it is something I would remember for life.

Thanks friend, yes believe it or not it's all true! Evidently there are stories and sightings and even a few very detailed analyses of who these 'little men' that date back a long time as some have posted on this thread.

That is though how I first heard about and learned about them many years ago during my misbegotten youth.

Thanks for commenting.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Though I am agnostic, I don't deny this stuff is real because this universe is much more complex than we could ever dream...I just wish I was able to know more about it. It isn't fair sometimes that I am stuck in this mundane existence. Almost like I am being baby sat

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Though I am agnostic, I don't deny this stuff is real because this universe is much more complex than we could ever dream...I just wish I was able to know more about it. It isn't fair sometimes that I am stuck in this mundane existence. Almost like I am being baby sat

When things become unmudane you might not like what you see, once the hidden becomes unhidden.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
*sips on coffee* nice read man.,.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Many similar accounts are found in Jacque Vallee's "Passport to Magonia", an exhaustively-researched book which describes faery encounters all over the place! His belief that these stories' connection to the UFO phenomenon practically guaranteed Dr. Valley's departure from mainstream UFOlogy. In short, he's totally against the ET hypothosis, and supports a more other-dimensional, "spiritual" answer to UFO's...many similarities between both phenomena. I highly recommend reading his work (Jacque Vallee was the model for the French UFOlogist in "Close Encounters").

[edit on 4-7-2009 by geomak]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Cool story.

Why did he wait 15 years to tell you?

How often did he go back after the incident?

Did it look like this?

www.picture-newsletter.com...

That is an insulting low blow...........I never doubt anyone ....too think we " know it all" is foolish.....

I believe what he is tellign you is the truth. He probably was smart enough to realize right away that nobody would believe him and that is was one of those.....omg this is actually happening moments.

How many of you have never had that moment where yo realize OMFG this is HAPPENING ??? !!!

It happens to everyone but it's never the same....

Thanks for your story....S & F just for the interesting story...

You don't seem to be pushing any agenda, or idea, or anything....

No emotion to the idea either like it just happened and you must expect it......

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join