It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Jacksons Ghost ?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I wouldn't call this a hoax. A hoax is a deliberate attempt to deceive or trick an audience into believing, or accepting, that something is real, when the hoaxster knows it is not.

Right now , we're at a stand off on this subject. One side goes home knowing it was the shadow of the living and the other side goes home knowing it was an entity of the spiritual kind.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I came across this on perezhilton.com today and didnt see it on here yet. I dont have sound so I am not too sure what the guy is saying the "ghost" is. I will put it in this thread and maybe someone can tell us! Also I dont want to hear do it yourself, I cant I dont have sound!

[edit on 7/7/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The sound isn't as important as the better quality shot and close-up. You can really make out the bending on the concave wall.

Summarizing; he says that it's the shadow of someone working in the far room. Then they say how they didn't feel/see anything ghostly while they were there.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tartarspoon

I know you u didnt mean it be a hoax, it was great spotting, but when something is debunked, I thought it went to hoax? I must be incorrect.
And this is so clearly debunked.
Its like Billy Meier people still believe him , but he's well and truly debunked so goes to hoax.

I really was suprised 1st look and glad u found it

but It took 1 zoom to see the Grips shadow bend on the wall to make me laugh and the debunk youtube video should be final...anyway
Im out from here on...
Cheers buddy

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

good find. this is what was said.
"...in fact what you see in this viral video making its way around the web is a shadow from either one of the people working in the house or from another network crew walking in front of a lighting fixture that had been set up earlier..."

Close-up footage begins at 2:00

[edit on 7-7-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Nice vid. The shot is much clearer and I will have to say that I'm no longer on the fence. You can clearly see the shadow bend around the concave to the left of the fireplace
Great find

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It seems to me that the only significant source of light in that particular room was coming from the room, not the camera area. What's with the transparent chandelier? Plus what are the chances the angle and dimensions of the person walking/gliding by would appear so familiar as to make this go hyper-viral?

I really hope some pros like ghosthunters come in and at least give their take on the vid to settle this or you can count on debate ad naseum (maybe this was a happy coincidence with the timing of the popularity of GH that might inspire further investigation of the phenomena.)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

You asked for it !

TAPS Debunks MJ's Ghost

"It's just someone walking in the far room casting their shadow," said the series' stars, hoping to put an end to the speculation. "We see this all the time. The person would be on the left side of the far room, out of sight blocking a light. We see this a lot."

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
ok, who ever thinks this is a 'shadow' is obviously a complete ignorant moron. a shadow has to be ON something. the image is created by light not hitting a WALL or the GROUND, and THATS where the shadow will be, not FLOATING towards a door, in mid air. its an opaque shadow too; which for those illiterate morons, means you can still see through it - its very faint. last time i checked, with a light source as hard as the sun, when you put something in front of it, it makes a pretty contrasted shadow.
sure if you put a clearer bit of paper paper in front of it you could get that effect but that shadow was WALKING like a human; PEOPLE ARE MADE OF SKIN, not clear paper.
this is a really good find. and no matter how it happened; natural or supernatural, its very very convincing.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevo351
ok, who ever thinks this is a 'shadow' is obviously a complete ignorant moron.

Redundancy is a sign of ignorance.

a shadow has to be ON something. the image is created by light not hitting a WALL or the GROUND, and THATS where the shadow will be, not FLOATING towards a door, in mid air.

What door is it walking to? The one you can't even see? Well it seems you aren't very observant. The shadow is on the far wall, going across the fireplace.

its an opaque shadow too; which for those illiterate morons, means you can still see through it - its very faint.

o⋅paque
  /oʊˈpeɪk/ Show Spelled [oh-peyk] Show IPA adjective, noun, verb, o⋅paqued, o⋅paqu⋅ing.
Use opaque in a Sentence
–adjective
1.not transparent or translucent; impenetrable to light; not allowing light to pass through.
2.not transmitting radiation, sound, heat, etc.
3.not shining or bright; dark; dull.
4.hard to understand; not clear or lucid; obscure: The problem remains opaque despite explanations.
5.dull, stupid, or unintelligent.
–noun
6.something that is opaque.
7.Photography. a coloring matter, usually black or red, used to render part of a negative opaque.
–verb (used with object)
8.Photography. to cover up blemishes on (a negative), esp. for making a printing plate.
9.to cause to become opaque.

Just stop insulting people, it's really quite ridiculous.

last time i checked, with a light source as hard as the sun, when you put something in front of it, it makes a pretty contrasted shadow.
sure if you put a clearer bit of paper paper in front of it you could get that effect but that shadow was WALKING like a human; PEOPLE ARE MADE OF SKIN, not clear paper.

Right, they are made of skin, bone and muscle, and will completely block all light passing by it; especially when they are very close to the light source. That would be why there's an extremely defined abdomen and up, but the legs are just blob-reflections of the abdomen.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saidin

Originally posted by stevo351
ok, who ever thinks this is a 'shadow' is obviously a complete ignorant moron.

Redundancy is a sign of ignorance.

Actually, he's not being redundant. Ignorance is lacking in knowledge and being a moron is lacking in good judgment. One can be both.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

Yes, one can be both. I was wrong.

Ok, now how about the rest of his post, or mine? You know, the parts that matter?

edit: Changed 'you' to 'one'.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Saidin]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saidin
reply to post by theyreadmymind

Yes, one can be both. I was wrong.

Ok, now how about the rest of his post, or mine? You know, the parts that matter?

edit: Changed 'you' to 'one'.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Saidin]

I have no complaints about the rest of it. I probably shouldn't have even said anything. I try to stay out of these kinds of matters, but I can't help pointing out errors.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I don't care. I'd rather neverland be haunted by MJ's ghost than not. So, I'm calling it his ghost. Logic be damned!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
maybe its just a CNN trick for hits....

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
i think that is just a shadow... i guess xD

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
not I can t say this is or is not a ghost, but to the people who are skeptical about ghosts and spirits...

While you may not believe me.....Trust me they are real!.
one in my house use to to make people who slept over run out of the house scared #less..., the dogs use to freak out when when entered and wouldnt leave the lounge room, the small dog I would pick up and walk into the other room(kitchen) and the dog would have all its hair up and try everything to get away jump down back up etc...
My brothers room was super cold, he had the 2nd or smaller bedroom and it was so cold....He ended up not sleeping it there and used the lounge.

When the ghost use to come into the lounge room me and my brother would simultaneously start crying....

I had things like energy swirls in the air, hands come thru the front door, glowing things in backyard, noises, and a super sense that this girl which I saw but never saw was described to me in full right down to the color of her socks years later by some one who was at the house even though I never talked to them about it.

Too much to actualy detail...but point is believe me or not ......I don't care....But just let me say they are real.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I just don't think shadows just walk across a room like that without seeing a person.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
that is a really great find! i cant beleive the editors didnt catch that

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Here check this thread..CNN solves the mystery

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join