It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Jacksons Ghost ?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bagari

So shadows can bend around walls interesting...

No way it's a shadow.

Also how do you explain the chandelier as well?

[edit on 5-7-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I saw the shadow definatly go across the end of the hallway and it was very spooky.

It even looked like a shadow Michael would make. Tall and lanky.

I just saw it on Larry King, they were re running the show.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Pretty weird stuff mane!
It even looks just like him!
Just wanted to post that.
Almost looks real enough to be fake!

Could this be faked fairly easily though?
Purty kewl! Thanks

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Weird! We posted that at the same time!
Spooky indeed! I dont ordinarily dwell on these things
but that was out there! Good stuff!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

THAT shadow was Michael. I know it was- its almost as if Alfred Hitchcock was in your bathroom....most of us would undeniably recognize his sillouette (sp)

Very strange for sure.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bagari

Good demonstration attempt! I'd rather leave it a that.

I'm kind of a big fan of MJ but seeing his ghost or any ghost would be just too creepy for me anyway!

Problem solve then!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I surmize that he was not ready to die(like anyone really is)
from what I have gathered about ghosts,
maybe he refuses to leave just yet.
Maybe he will not rest until his death is solved in everyones minds!

Strange things happen in this world, that much I do know. Thank you!

[edit on 5-7-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

The chandelier is being hit by the same light as the one that the person passes, to create the shadow in the exact same general location as the chandelier. That doesn't seem MORE logical than a ghost? Or are you also claiming that it really is a ghost chandelier? Because that's what it seems you are doing.

To the rest:
It's not bending around walls, it's going right along the far wall you see. The person is walking diagonally past a light, the light is waist high, which is why the best defined part of the shadow is the chest and up, notice how the lower body and "feet" are insubstantial, while the upper body is well defined. Because the "lower body" is just the highly polished floor, reflecting the shadow of the upper body.

The far wall acts as both a projector screen, and a light source for the long hallway. The wall is one bright color and big; The shadow gets PROJECTED, which makes it bigger. The man who passed the light, was also much closer to it than the wall, making the shadow very dark. Since most of the light in the hallway is coming from the far room, when the shadow passes the big wall, it momentarily blocks out the light that was lighting the hallway. This displacement, of course, follows the shadow across the big wall, giving the appearance of a lower body.

Notice how the ghost only appears in between the door frame of the small room. If you dispute this, prove it somehow. The gif's I made on page 9 show the shadow's hand being the first to show up, inside the room only.

Do you people who claim to see specifics like his hair, hat, and the way he moves think that the people who say it's a shadow are doing so because they don't believe in ghosts? Do you think all ghosts are insubstantial and see-through? Are you not pigeon holing yourself by claiming it's a ghost 100%? Which for all you know, real ghosts could look as physically real as you do, or not be able to show up on digital camcorders, period.

I'm really trying to understand, is it a mourning thing? Does him being a ghost make you feel safer about death? Does wandering this plane after living it your whole life seem enjoyable? Not really.. for me, does it seem like torture? Also not really, for me, just boring after you travel everywhere. Do you know the layout of the house? What if that's one long hallway with no doors, he just decided to walk through the two walls of the hallway, oh, except it only appears inside the door frame of the far room.

Please, instead of just claiming things, discuss. What EXACTLY do you see that I don't. I certainly don't see any feet, hat, or hair. Why do none of you comment on the tri-pod light at the end of the hall. Isn't that a pretty big indication that there's a strong light source around, which can project a big shadow?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tartarspoon

WTF Thats Hell Wierd

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I refer to the shadow, but i talk funny, by "shadow" i mean ghost.

Funny, i just talked to my mom and she also saw it very clearly on Larry King.

After his memorials and when things cool down he will find eternal peace, i hope. He was a good soul.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hay now he can dance Thriler the right way no make up needed he'll just do it.

LMFAO u just cant keep the king of pop down.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Well they say the soul will linger briefly on the earthly plane before moving on.Maybe...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
did any news media or someone reported this thing?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I haven't read thru the entire thread yet, but I did watch the video and saw the shadow. To me, it seemed like it was just a member of the crew walking in front of one of the lights casting a shadow. Could be anything I suppose but logic tells me that it's just a crew member.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarmonkey

You share the same assessment of the video as a few others in this thread. One side is saying its a shadow of a living person in the far room which we never see . His/her shadow is being projected onto a wall with lights that we assume are present and turned on.
The other side is going on the belief its Michael or possibly another spirit based on the belief it looks like Micheal and walks like Micheal. Some believe its a spirit because it doesn't lose its shape and height as it moves across the room, it has a 3d quality to it.
There you have it, one side is going on logic and the other, belief.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Alright, I had to look! Not a fan, not one to fall into these sorts of things at all, figuring I'd see some sort of light distortion, a quick non-descript shadow perhaps, and think to my self, "Some people find it so easy to make something out of nothing...blah, blah, blah".

I saw the shadow. I immediately recognized it to be MJs shadow.

I was very surpised by my reaction. I've rewatched it many times, trying to talk myself out of it, but I can't.

All I can say is that it appears to be a shadow that remarkably resembles MJs profile and movements.

That does not mean it is actually MJs shadow or spirit. That does not mean it isn't something that was doctored, planted, or merely a shadow of someone passing by that has the same type of profile and mannerisms.
Perhaps, someone created the shadow by being a goof, acting like MJ in his privacy area?
Has anyone made any inquiries into this footage?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As soon as I saw the title of this thread I thought 'bloody hell, here we go.. murder conspiricies first.. reported ghost sightings the next, what a load of bs!'. But having watched it, it does look truly weird!

Its good as well that it was CNN that aired it, and that it was aired live. That pretty much craps over any accusations of it being faked.

And as for the shadow thing.. Im no expert, but it really doesnt look like a shadow to me. Ive tried to look at it from different angles but it just doesnt seem to fit. My understanding is that shadows have to be projected onto something to be seen, yes?
If it was someones shadow being projected from an upstairs balcony, wouldnt the shadow just be seen on the floor? And if it was being projected onto the floor AND the far wall, why is there no distortion? It looks like a completely in proportion person to me..

I wouldnt say it looks like michael jackson though, thats just wishful thinking I think. End of the day its a shadow, and a blurry one at that. Just seems odd that the shadow doesnt seem to be being projected onto anything, looks more like its just hanging in the air. More of a mist than a shadow.

Oh and also, I suppose there's always a 00000.1% chance that it could have been planted, or someone was messing around. But unless this was planned by the camera crew (which I wouldnt expect seeing as the whole feel of the interview was quite serious & sombre), then I dont see how this would happen. You'd have to have someone who knew exactly what sort of angle to be stood/walking at to create that effect... and THEN you'd have to do it in that extremely short time frame where the camera is actually pointed down that hallway. Im not one to say that because somethings unlikely that means it didnt happen... but really, I cant believe that thats what could have happened.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Bluebelle]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bagari

i drew a diagram alot like yours on page 10 of this thread

Originally posted by jwstarry
First I want to start by saying that I am a HUGH believer in the paranormal but I have to say that this is not paranormal. Others in this post have already explained what it is but it still might be hard for some to grasp so i made a very quick and crude MS paint diagram to try and show it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24b72bb13ca8.jpg[/atsimg]

X = lighting source that creates the shadow
O = person that creates the shadow and direction of travel
the square = the chandelier that casts the shadow
A = the fireplace
the triangle = the camera that shot the video

what is throwing most people off is the fact that the wall with the fireplace is angled towards the doorway and that keeps the shadow from elongating like most are expecting it to.

I hope this clears it up for some but for me that is what is happening without a doubt

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I never said I didn't believe in ghosts, I just don't think this is a ghost.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
If it was MJ there is no light in him so he did not go to heaven. That is why you would see a shadow. If he was to go to heaven he would have gone immediatly there is no lingering here.

Since he died suddenly maybe he stayed behind and maybe not.

Time will tell if he remained behind to suffer more and walk this earth. But Hell would be far worse for him and he could still end up there if he isn't there already. Expecially if he trys to interfer with this world. Ghosts that cause problems for people, can be taken to hell(LAKE OF FIRE) by an angel.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join