It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brain Cell is the Same as the Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I put this here because I'm yet to find much research backing it up.. It's really amaing though, so many implications to existential philosophies.
If anyone knows more about this I'd love to hear it.

It's explaining that the structure of the universe is incredibley like a brain cell, please click the link to see the pictures, there's not much information on the page I'm afraid.

Link

EDIT Seems to have been discussed earlier. Just found this www.abovetopsecret.com... answers a lot of my questions.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by and14263]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Could be.

When you think about it.. we are just the universe beginning to understand itself.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

It would be funny to think we are all in somebody's head

But due to all the fractals we see around, it might be possible!

For what it's worth, if you think hard enough, you might learn the secrets of the Universe.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
What makes it scary to me is how it looks exactly the same.Makes ya wonder...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Thats quite to the point. Now another question is in what kind of creatures brain do we live in? It has to be a lot more complex than humans to simulate the universe we see? what do you think?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Well i cant even begin to wrap my head around this. I cant imagine any kind of being or creature, oh man i gotta go to bed, ill think about it as i drift to sleep. Maybe ill have some good dreams about it...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If I seem to remember correctly a hologram repeats itself in every portion of itself. What you found here may be some proof that we are all consciousness, floating in a sea of consciousness.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Now another question is in what kind of creatures brain do we live in?

Maybe we are all components of our own brains.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So... If the universe is a brain cell, it is easy to believe that there are multiple universes. That would be more likely than the creature we are part of only having one brain cell.

Then my thoughts go to the creature's death, and we all know what happens to brain cells after death.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yes, this is what I love to read about- Something truly thought provoking and original! The way I have always seen (and have posted on various threads prior to this) the universe is that it is an organism of its own. What I have never thought about is the possibility of that organism being a brain cell (or at least a part of the anatomical structure of the brain).
What this can boil down to is solipsism. You know, "I think, therefore I am" (Rene Descartes). The idea behind it- for those of you that haven't heared of this -is that everything physical is fictional and boils down to your own brain power. I could say, for example, that none of you exist and that I have created you. In effect I am God. Then again you could say the same thing and, because neither of us can prove we are capable of independant thought, the universe is not a projection of our own 'imagination'.
I'm not very good at explaining things as you can probably gather from this message. I am a big believer in parallel universes (to an individual extent) and therefore the idea put forward by the author of this thread excites me to no end!
The creature that you would be dealing with would not, necessarily, have to be far more intellectually capable than us at all. You see the thing is we might have universes for brain cells; that would explain away premonatory dreams e.t.c. and of course our thinking capabilities. The creatures that dwell in the macrocosms of our brain cells might have universes in their brains. It goes on infinitely to be honest; I have a rule though: if something is infinte it cannot exist or can only exist as one. We could be sitting in the brain of an alien college drop out laying on the floor in his friend's flat with a splitting headache! That's another thing: the fact that we get headaches could be down to the confusion of having so much in our brains.

Ramadwarf on Headaches

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
makes you wonder if other galaxy's are actually other cells ....

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
everything we see is a fractal so it makes sense. Makes you think what is beyond our known universe

Ex

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Great thread.Makes me wonder...........
How big is God!??

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have always thought this to be true.. And some day science will catch up to what is happening here across the multi-omniverse..

To me each living being holds an omniverse within.. Each cell contains within itself another universe. It goes to the theory of the hologram.. Contained within each hologram is smaller pictures of the whole. Same with that fractal mondelin.. (spelling?)

For each cell is contained a universe of its own.. And within that universe is more life.. Each life containing more universes. And the list goes on and on and on!

You can see the whole picture by shrinking down to the subatomic level.. Just to find yourself back at the start of where you where at..

I wanted to put this post up.. But I will come back and add some videos that explain this in detail..

Right now its all theory.. But sooner or later this will become mainstream knowledge. As this is the far limits of our human parameters..
Our minds can not go any further than these parameters.. However its very impressive to me that our parameters allow us to see beyond just our universe and understand that all that is.. Or could happen already is.

But all we see and feel is this one little slice of our own reality.. While time and space work to contain us within this one little slice..
There are so many that one can not count them all..
One can only think and understand..

As it is.. There would be free will.. Yet no free will..
As you have the free will to chose which slice you will end up within..
Yet all slices are already there..

So if you decided to turn left.. In the slice you exp. You turn left..
Yet if you decided to turn right.. You would end up in the slice where you turn right.. Yet in all truth.. You have both gone left and right..
You only exp one simple out come of each choice..
So free will is only an exp of your slice..

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
I put this here because I'm yet to find much research backing it up.. It's really amaing though, so many implications to existential philosophies.
If anyone knows more about this I'd love to hear it.

It's explaining that the structure of the universe is incredibley like a brain cell, please click the link to see the pictures, there's not much information on the page I'm afraid.

Link

EDIT Seems to have been discussed earlier. Just found this www.abovetopsecret.com... answers a lot of my questions.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by and14263]

As Above, So Below ..............

That is how there are endless universes and size is relative to each universe.....

The largest intelligent beings in on universe might fit inside a brain cell and within that universe the largest galaxy's would fit into another area the size of the brain cell...

But inside those universes nobody would know of this...

This is how the universe expands......

Every thought anyone of us have ever had contributes to the growing and expanding of the universe...

Just look at the infinity symbol for any answer you need....It explains all of life in the simplest way possible....

There is no beginning , and there is no End.........Only Cycles..........

When we start to except how vast existence is, that is when we will truly start to unveil the mysteries of the universe.....then and only then.......

That is why planets around suns are similar to atoms and electrons....

Atoms ARE SUNS !!!! or STARS !

Hence the atomic power within.......

We have a very limited perception of scale of any sort so we go with what we know

This means that we are just a universe within a living thing within a universe within a living thing.....ect......

That is how the universe is alive and all knowing. We are the universe....we are existence...We are the creator, we are love, we are light and we are darkness.

We are energy and we are the lack of energy...

Balance is the key to everything and how everything works.....Also represented by the infinity symbol.....

It shows a never ending balance...........That is existence in the simplest form or simplest way to be explained...

The most we achieve ( not money , power, fame ) but within ourselves, the more we are learned, and the more we can achieve in the next life.....

What we learn in one life effects the next life we live....What I had problems with in this life , I will need to overcome in the next..

When you think to yourself about everything that happens to you, every problem , every obstacle in your life, every thing you must get passed and face.................That is really your true goal in life.

I am just now starting to figure this all out.....

I have problems with motivation and acting on my good ideas , because I care too much what other people think of me.....

That is one of MY purposes in this life... for me to over come that..

Because of this, we are set into a possible lifestyle that will fit what we need to better achieve...

People being born rich probably need to learn about being humble and appreciative in this life because they were not in a previous life........

People being born poor probably took for granted their riches in the past life so now they must learn the balance of the 2....and so on.....

I hope others here might at least somewhat agree or at least understand what I am saying .

I don't pretend to know everything or a lot about anything, I've just always had a sense of Feeling what is right and what does not makes sense and this is how I came to this conclusion...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

What you said, mixed with my last post, is somewhere what I believe everything to be..

It feels more and more people are starting to expand their thoughts about what Could possibly exist and How it can exist...

Maybe that is why I don't like " Know it alls" Because they think they have everything figured out, yet we really have barely anything figured out...Quite foolish really.

Anyways Great post.....This whole thread is one of the most interesting I have read on this site so props to the OP for the Idea....

I have been pondering similar thoughts for a while but kind of needed this spark you provided to set it in motion..

S & F

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yeah, I've been reading the more recent posts and- I've got to say it - I didn't think about the planets themselves being brain cells.

You know why we love these sorts of theories? It's because (and I'm laughing with stress) you can't boil the flippin things down to one thing (until you know the actual truth). Planets could be brain cells, galaxies could be, universes themselves could be too!

I want to stick to the universes being the cells, that way we're all really tiny. It would also (to some extent) explain how intelligence differs depending on your species/social status. Actually the social status thing is a load of balony. What I mean is you might get a big bang reaction in your brain when concieved and, depending on how well the brain cells fire up, your intelligence is decided there. I don't know how well I've just explained that at all but it's a theory, right?

It would be funny if this is true because it's so hard to wrap ones brain around it!

Ramadwarf on stress and

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Interesting theory!
But do we have than another universe in our heads, with some living creatures?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I like that what we are (built from) is as old as the universe.

new topics

top topics

join