It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemeni Airlines flight crashes in Indian Ocean,

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Airbus will be blaming the pilot ASAP, that's the problem with a gov't owned company in most of europe there is no longer real accident investigations when an Airbus goes down or does something unplanned because the gov'ts doing the investigations don't want to hurt sales.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here is a list of major air crashes over the past few years.

30 June: A Yemeni passenger plane crashes in the Indian Ocean near the Comoros archipelago, with 150 people on board. 1 June: A French Airbus plane travelling from Rio de Janeiro to Paris disappears in the Atlantic with 228 people on board. On 6 June, Brazilian officials said they had found bodies near the suspected crash site, even though there is no confirmation that they were of the passengers or crew. They said, however, that a ticket for the Air France flight AF 477 had been found in a suitcase retrieved in the same area. 20 May: An Indonesian army C-130 Hercules transport plane crashes into a village on eastern Java, killing at least 97 people. 6 April: An Indonesian army Fokker-27 crashes on landing near Bandung, West Java, killing 24 people. 25 February: A flight from Istanbul to Amsterdam crashes short of the runway at Schiphol international airport. Of the 135 people on board, nine are killed and at least 50 injured. 12 February: A passenger plane crashes into a house in Buffalo, New York, killing all 49 people on board and one person on the ground. 8 February: A passenger plane crashes into a river in the Brazilian state of Amazonas, killing 24 people, most of whom were from the same family.

1998-2009 air crashes

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I will not fly any airline and take aflight that is an Airbus flight. I will ensure that the flight I take is Boeing.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

reply to post by eradown

Well, warrenb and eradown called it! Only 22 replies. Sad.

I guess a bunch of Arab Muslims scattered across an ocean don't matter as much as the French and Brazilians.

Lets take a look at some websites!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3a074301a7a.png[/atsimg]

Oh cool. Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker take pictures with their children. Great. That's important!

But hey, at least they put it in the bottom headlines. Wouldn't want to take up space at the top for talk about NBA draft picks.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ada8d4ae42dc.png[/atsimg]

Ah yes, news on Michael Jackson. Haven't heard about him in a while! What's he been up to?????

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/199f46d6234c.png[/atsimg]

Woo! Computer generated Iraqis celebrate because the United States has given them back their own cities. Awesome.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9faf7983ac5c.png[/atsimg]

Sad. Absolutely sad. FOX News is the only American media outlet covering it. How many times do you have the opportunity to say FOX News is the only one featuring an important story as their number one story? Not many, so say it as much as you can before another celebrity dies.

What a pathetic world we live in.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
A310 - first built in 1985 (so nothing like new)

Yeminia are in the process of modernizing there fleet - they have only just removed from service Boeing 727`s and replaced them with 737-800`s , oh btw they also lost of boeing 737 a few years back when it slid off the runway on landing , weather was clear and dry , a year later a boeing 727 of yemania also went off the end of the runway.

both were pilot error.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Yemen is home to many muslim extremists.If the crew didnt get off an S.O.S.i wouldnt rule out a bomb.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
I guess a bunch of Arab Muslims scattered across an ocean don't matter as much as the French and Brazilians.

Lets take a look at some websites!

Yes lets take a look at some websites and maybe get our facts straight before shooting our mouths off. Maybe start with this page. See if you actually checked you would of known that the flight originated from Paris, you would also know that "Most of the passengers are French or from the Comoros". Your theory isn't looking to good, your no better than a racist when you make comments like that.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

French Transport Minister Dominique Bussereau told French radio the weather rather than the plane itself was the likely problem.

"They are saying the plane was making its approach, that it pulled out of the approach and then tried another approach that went wrong," he told French radio

news.bbc.co.uk...

will get a weather report asap.

edit:

heres the weather:

FMCH 292200Z 18022G33KT 9999 FEW020 24/17 Q1018 NOSIG=
FMCH 292300Z 21025G35KT 9999 FEW020 25/16 Q1017 TEMPO 18015G30KT=
FMCH 300000Z 21025G35KT 9999 FEW020 25/17 Q1016 TEMPO 19014KT=
FMCH 300100Z 16010KT 9999 FEW020 25/13 Q1016 NOSIG=
FMCH 300200Z 18015KT 9999 FEW020 24/15 Q1016 NOSIG=
FMCH 300300Z 24007KT 9999 FEW020 23/14 Q1017 TEMPO
20017KT=

edit 2:

it would seem there is no published approach , and aircrew who have flown there say the approach is difficult in ideal conditions anyway due to the close location of mountains

www.pprune.org...

Moroni is a notoriously difficult airfield to fly into, especially at night. The airport is at sea-level on the West side of a skinny island, with a 7700' mountain just to the southeast of it and a 3600' one to the northeast..

There is no published approach to Rwy 20, just an VOR/DME/ILS for 02.

Easy to get disoriented at night as there are very few ground lights, a true 'black-hole' with part of it being the volcano mentioned.

Think SAA had a daylight-only policy for Moroni. No need to look further than CFIT and/or disorientation for this one IMHO.

Another sad day for us all

[edit on 30/6/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
aircraft is an airbus A310-324 , number 7O-ADJ , first in service in 1990 , delivered to Yemania in 1999 , has flown 51,000 (or so) hours.

edit:

was coming up to a D check as well.

[edit on 30/6/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
avherald.com...

and finally for now - that page has all the flight details , the missed approach and go around , and its attempt at landing with a 35kt tailwind

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by warrenb

It should recieve as much attention but it won't. People will not think that rich Arabs would be riding on that flight. Most people do not think Arabs are a part of the NWO.

It's acutally getting a lot of attention here in France since 66 french people were on the plane. No need to jump so fast on any conclusion whithout a single clue on what happened.

And Airbus (and Boeing) planes are still completly safe. There are like millions of flights every year and only very few deadly accident. Cars are way more dangerous.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Demos]

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Demos]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
night time , poor weather , 30kt tailwind , and wind sheer from the close location of 2 mountains , and 1 aborted landing allready - SAA have said its a daylight only runway; others arn`t quite so cautious.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

A survivor from a packed passenger jet that crashed in the Indian Ocean near the archipelago of Comoros has been rescued, reports have said.

Sky News

fix'd link.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by pop_science]

[edit on 30-6-2009 by pop_science]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
it seems the water is quite shallow - and on pprune they say IF (and thats a big IF) the pilot can ditch well , there is a chance of survivors.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

They have supposedly found a survivor as from what's being reported right now, I just posted above.
They are saying that debris could be seen.

"The news came amid reports of human remain and debris being spotted by search planes."

So if this is true, they at least know where to the general location is unless the waters are really rough and everything has drifted(I really don't know the mechanics of that) but if they have found a survivor like the reports said hopefully that's a good sign.

There were also three children on board.
Breaks my heart.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Now the report is saying it's been a child who has been saved, I hope the reports are correct.

Same link as I posted above.

"We still do not know the nationality or the gender of the person rescued. We have just learned from the Comoros that one person was rescued," Yemenia Airways' Mohammad al Sumairi said. But hospital sources revealed the survivor was a child.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I firmly believe these airbus crashes are related to changes to the magnetosphere. Take a look at this thread over at GLP - very informative. And I also think the recent UK crop circles are warning us of these changes.

These tragedies are not surprising to me at all. Strange things are happening afoot.

EDIT - glp is down at the moment, but come back in a day or two and check the thread out! Lots of great pictures showing the dramatic changes in the magnetosphere in the last few days - and not caused by the sun! The website they were following came from here

[edit on 30-6-2009 by RiotComing]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Goodness, Im really hoping to hear more about the child that survived, I just hope that he has family not on the plane,

They believe that most passengers where French or from Europe,

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Some news outlets are already saying that all are dead except for the 5 year old child

London Evening Standard (UK)

BREAKING NEWS: Child found alive as 150 die in Airbus disaster

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It's an interesting point that this crash, as well as AF 447, both went down just north of Vile Vortices.

Vile Vortices

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join