It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemeni Airlines flight crashes in Indian Ocean,

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Yemenia Airlines flight crashes in Indian Ocean,

news .sky.com

A Yemeni airliner has crashed in the Comoros archipelago in the Indian Ocean with 150 people on board, the Reuters news agency has said.
Nadhoim said the accident happened in the early hours of Tuesday, but could not give any more details.

"There is a crash, there is a crash in the sea," said an unnamed official who answered the phone in the Yemenia office in Moroni. He declined further comment.

An airline official in Yemen declined to comment.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
uk.reuters.com

[edit on 29-6-2009 by asala]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This story is still breaking so news at the moment is pretty small, But its believed that the Yemena Airline flight has crashed in the the Indian ocean, There may be about 150 people on board, The plane crashed in the early hours of this morning.

Its thought that the plane that has crashed may be an Air bus A310 which is flight 626/7 in Comoros.

Airport athourities believe that the plane "may" have crashed in to the sea, they also state that if that is the case then they have no Sea recsue capabilitys,

news .sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hopefully there is another country that has search and rescue vessels in the Indian Ocean..

Although except for the Hudson river, survivors are rare when a plane goes down in a large body of water.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Wow, it's amazing the ammount of planes that are going down in the year. I see a rise in plane related catastrophies.

My heart goes out to the friends and families of those people onboard. Hopefully some survivors will be found.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Government officials state they are unsure if there are any survivors? and the location where it has went down is still unknown,

Very sad indeed, More updates will follow..

The location was not immediately known, but a medical worker in the town of Mitsamiouli, on the main island Grande Comore, said he had been called into the local hospital."They have just called me to come to the hospital. They said a plane had crashed," he told Reuters.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
OMG not another plane. When are airline companies, going to get thier acts together tomake sure thier planes are safe for people to travel on.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

The U.S. should have a carrier or two in the Indian.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Hopefully they aren't too far out to offer some support. I wonder what the cause of this one will be. Another lightning strike?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

but will it garner the same amount of attention as the French one?

let's see

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Im sure it will in some ways if this indeed turns out to be another Air bus. Im sure its going to raise some concern of the safety of these planes, The french crash has opened up a whole load of questions..

And just a little about the area its thought to have went down near,

The Comoros are located about half way from the coast of eastern Africa to the northern tip of Madagascar and has some 800,000 inhabitants.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Here is where Comoros is located:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7349914bddef.png[/atsimg]

Countries in the area are Mozambique, Tanzania, Madagascar, and South Africa.

The Madagascar and Tanzania navy have some attack and patrol boats. South Africa has some frigates, three submarines, and some survey and auxiliary ships.

South Africa has the naval capability to mount a search and rescue operation. Also, many nations have naval and survey ships in the region due to the counter-piracy operations going on in the Indian Ocean.

Madagascar Navy
Tanzania Navy
South Africa Navy

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Another plane...... Damn.

When the passenger list is released there will be more speculation. Weather conditions ?
Was it an Airbus?
How far south is this crash compared to the Air France crash ?

If this keeps happening , it has to be suss, i thought aircraft technology has risen to great new heights.

I got to fly next week

I skydive regularly, i dont mind jumping out of planes, but trusting them from takeoff to landing.... geez

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Guess they can't blame NK for this one

doh

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
An Airbus A310 according to CNN.

Not looking good for that company

source

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Also like the Air France flight, seems like it happened relatively close to the Equator.

I am interested to see how close and whether it was headed towards the equator or headed away from it.

Could be a myriad of things.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Wow, it's amazing the ammount of planes that are going down in the year. I see a rise in plane related catastrophies.

My heart goes out to the friends and families of those people onboard. Hopefully some survivors will be found.

~Keeper

Electromagnetic spikes? And so they begin....

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
As tribewilder said, Flight 626 is in fact an Airbus 310.

According to Yemenia Airways' website under the "Flight" section on the "Flight Schedules", it is an Airbus 310. Input Sana'a, Yemen as the departure city and Moroni, Comoros as the destination to see the schedules.

Here is the flight route between Sana'a and Moroni:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ddaa5d4dd483.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Airbus will be scrambling for excuses!

Hopefully it is coincidental and there's nothing more to it. With the amount of increasing air traffic in the world, it stands to reason that there will be more crashes.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

It should recieve as much attention but it won't. People will not think that rich Arabs would be riding on that flight. Most people do not think Arabs are a part of the NWO. Lovers of ancient conspiracies know Yemen is home to many old secrets which some would prefer stay secret. These plane accidents may in fact be related to the predictions of elites vanishing.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
There sure have been a lot of plane crashes this year. It seems like there's a plane crash every couple of days.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join