It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain has 85 sharia courts: The astonishing spread of the Islamic justice behind closed doors

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Polygamy is illegal in the U.S.. Some Mormon cults get by with it be creating isolated communities to hide their activities, just like Islamic cults try to do.

The law is very active in the U.S. in chasing down these cults, Europe should do the same.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

being indoctrinated into a religious belief system since you were a child.

Now this is funny, do you know were the word ethics come from?

half the words you use you do not even understand.. ethics came from the 10 commandment ..

the only reason you use civil society comes from western laws that first and for most came from the bible...

Your view on life would be what? if there was no "bible"?

do you know what would happen? it would be every man / woman for him / her self

and i would be sat in some cave with my wife i just dragged there or hunting in a jungle...

A belief system is only to understand you own being.. some follow others like sheep and some understand what it means to be here and why..

the only reason i am here is to live my life nothing more nothing less

just like you...

If god created me well im sure i will find out wont i when i die... and if the universe created me then when i die my body will go back to the earth and my so called soul or energy will go back in to the thing that made me in the first place

bring it on i dont really care for symantics i have better things to do, like debate things on ATS go to work drink coffee have a glass of wine have a smoke

life is only complex because humans make it so...

sometimes i wish i was a tree or my cat... humans are pathetic in nature and they stick out like sore thumb as the most retarded self deluded life form on this planet...

Armageddon is coming you only have to look out your window to work that out...

as my mother would say "couldn't run a piss up in a bury"

that is humans for you

and to stay on topic.. you only just got a black president ?

in justice? alpha club only whites? only blacks and then you want to talk about sharia law?

more in justice is in the system than any faith...

control my friend POWER AND CONTROL get use to it...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

we do that is the point i have been making ever since i made my first post if you had read it...

but then again islam is the big boogie man is it not?

did you care when the CIA hired osma bin laden to fight the USSR? thought not...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Like I said, everything is the same, and yet everything is different. You are just rattling off meaningless statements hoping something will stick.

any cracker can shoot me?

What do you mean by this? Are you aware that "cracker" is a racial slander aimed at white people?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

and did you know in english its slang for crack pot?

oh well.... interpretation can be a female dog

and also can but used to describe a good joke LOL MAN THAT WAS A CRACKER...

[edit on 17-7-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I don't claim to know what you think, but I do know what you have posted on this thread which I quoted.

You make this claim about laws above man made laws, and now you want to claim you have no serious religious beliefs. There is a term for this, it is called spinning, and you aren't spinning your way out of this.

You don't create a cup of coffee, this is nonsense speak. You make a cup of coffee. You didn't create the coffee beans or the water. You didn't develop the concept of making coffee.

If you create something, it is done intentionally, and must be original for someone to claim they created it.

If you build a house, you don't say, I created a house, that would be egotistical nonsense, unless you came up with a very unique, new way of building a house.

The universe didn't create us, at least not in any way that we can prove. The universe did nothing intentionally, which is what you are stating when you state that the universe created us.

When someone claims that life was created, they automatically think of God, because of the definition of the word created, as in made with intent, which requires thought.

You start of and end telling me that I do not know what you think, which I never stated, I simply used your own words to demonstrate how you fail to use logic and reason.

After saying I do not know what you think, in your second to last statement, you then point blank tell me what I think, as in what I think I know.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Let me get this straight, you don't want to come to America because you are afraid a joke will kill you?

Most people will interpret this statement,

the one reason i would never live in the united states is the gun laws... any cracker can shoot me?

As cracker can mean white man, if you meant joker, you should have said joker. Maybe you weren't familiar with this interpretation of the term. I just wanted to point this out. I asked, I didn't accuse.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

You make this claim about laws above man made laws, and now you want to claim you have no serious religious beliefs. There is a term for this, it is called spinning, and you aren't spinning your way out of this.

Law of relativity

did we make that or discover it?

spinning? the only thing that seems to be spinning is you lack of understanding of the points I have made.. you are confusing laws of nature with the laws of god "not that i care about god"

but hey each to their own

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

No mate you speak American English I speak ENGLISH

colour
color

work it out ..

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

If you build a house, you don't say, I created a house, that would be egotistical nonsense, unless you came up with a very unique, new way of building a house.

I created a work of art ...

helps to understand words in the context and how to understand them in context

if the universe is the artist then life would but just a brush stroke on the canvas we call space / reality

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

You don't have a clue what I understand, you just keep digging yourself in deeper, demonstrating your ignorance.

Laws and principles governing the conduct of men existed long before the bible was ever written down, or before Jewish people ever developed their ten commandments.

Here is a little history lesson for you.

The ten commandments came from the Gathas of Zoroastrianism. The Zoroastrians also were the first to conceive of the concept of the son of God coming down to Earth and driving evil from the world, and the concept of the middle prophet, which they claimed was Mithra, long before Christ came on the scene. The Zoroastrians were Persians, which were an offshoot of the Aryans, who also conquered India and developed Hinduism. Before the Persians, Middle Easterners worshiped their leaders as living Gods, from Sumeria to Egypt.

Europeans early laws were developed by communities who came together in a Thing, a meeting of men in which the laws that were to govern the community were agreed upon by the men of the community. While Middle Easterners established their laws governing their morality and conduct through the church, governed over by the priests, who supposedly represented the word of God, Europeans came together and developed the moral codes that guided the community through debate and discussion using logic and reason.

Europeans had a much better system of establishing moral codes than the Middle East, which is why Europeans developed democratic and republican style governments. Christianity as developed by the Catholics screwed everything up, and put the Europeans into an age of darkness, until they through off the yoke of the Church in the Renaissance.

In essence, Morality is Trust, in my opinion. I have written a book titled, "A Westerner's Tenets for Modern Living", which when I am satisfied with, if ever, I will publish some day. In this book I explain why I think the truth is, that morality is trust. Never thought I would write such a book.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. I don't see Islam as the boogey man, I see a group of radicals within the Muslim community creating problems that have to dealt with. Creation of these Islamic courts in Brittan is just another way for them to stir up trouble.

Maybe you aren't as religiously indoctrinated as some of the statements you have made in your posts imply, maybe I misjudged you, and you struggle with moral dilemmas like most of us.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Relativity is a theory, not a law. It is mankind's attempt to understand the universe as they observe it.

Keep working at it.

Stay thirsty my friend.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I don't see the end of the world, or the end of mankind as being near, I see a new age of enlightenment ahead.

It's a Thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

but why would i need a history lesson if i dont care about faith?

are you trying to preach something to me when the topic is about the law of UK?

I mean cmon now you and some others are being off topic

look at the posts that have been made? most posts have been about the faith of islam and not the nutters who wish to practice sharia law inside of the uk WHEN THEY CANT...

you TOLD ME that had faith? really? why would i put my faith in something i know nothing about?

do not put words into my statements please....

I told you befor i do not belive IN GOD in the way ANY bible states...

all i know is LIFE makes the universe WORK

and the LAWS in the UNITED KINGDOM DO NO ALLWOW SHARIA LAW.

end of debate... no back door no take over... just fear and sillyness

and let me remind you that 57 millions people live in the UK.. afew nutters are not going to change the people here not matter how much FOX NEWS you watch.. sorry

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

no mate theory only in some aspects relativity also includes gravity

isac newton .. came be for Albert ; ) i am sure you are aware of that aspect of the equations of the theory that has yet to be proven WRONG

unless you talking about quantum physics that require's the higgs partical in order for it to be true...

LHC

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You need a history lesson because you made statements about history that are completely based on ignorance of history.

Those who choose to ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

If you don't believe in any God, then why did you make the statement about laws above man made laws? You are contradicting yourself.

This thread is also about English law, and I explained the history of where English law came from. It is very relevant.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I do not see the end of the world.. world was here be for both you and I correct?

its silly to think the WORLD equates in to human race... like i said your arrogance is some what funny..

do you own this planet? LOL sorry to burst your bubble my friend
but if a fire ball comes flying down to this rock like shu maker lyvey 9

or in deep sh1t

evolution you say? your into that right? good then go dig up some dino fossils

you will soon get to grips with the REAL reality of your morality

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

because you confuse what i am telling you

why do you equate the laws of the universe with the laws of god?

????

[edit on 17-7-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Newton's law of gravity is a law because we know gravity exists. We don't know how it works, or how it exists, but we do know that it does exist.

Einsteins theory of Relativity tries to build upon Newton's law of gravity. While it is not proven, it is neither unproven, thus it is still a theory, which is starting to look less and less accurate, because it depends on a constant speed of the acceleration of light, which is becoming more and more questionable.

This is pretty far off subject, but in establishing laws, I guess it is relevant?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

And were your language came from?

you are trying to tell me something i am aware of

and thats why god is a load of tosh ... it devious and is a tool to control people...

just like money, do you complain about the rates that are set by MEN ? who PRINT money you USE?

no because you are happy to be a slave.. do not come at me with ideological nonsense.. when both are the same

keep you in a box.. religion and money are one of the same thing mate... and laws are derived from BOTH

tax ? for what? labour ? you labour would you go hunt your own meal? would you happy to walk 5 miles for water ??

why not? because you are lazy and idealistic and complicit in your views of life

here is a tip, go buy a plane ticket go to some jungle and see how long you last in the cloths you stand in

see how god and religion and the LAW helps you then

because that is when REAL laws kick in that made man its called NATURE and reality

ego wont help you mate... just makes me think you are just debating something i find silly..

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join